Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

If you have to "face" your ex to prove you're over them, then you're still not. Because that still indicates some type of feeling. Indifference is the opposite of love.

What's to prove here? I don't see Sumin showing any hints that's she trying to prove something anyway, she only does it because it's what she wants. Didn't you know Sumin took interest in the apartment first before Seju bought it? Didn't you know Sumin worked at Hello Studio first before Seju took over it and became the CEO? Sumin only chose to keep staying/working at the places she wanted to stay before. Again, whether or not Seju will show up leaves no impact to her life/feelings.

I was talking about you saying that you need to face your ex, and if Sumin felt like she had to face Seju then she wouldn't be over her.
Also, I find it weird how Sumin didn't leave from the company, but I think that's the author's mistake still keeping them connected in some way, because they did need to completely distance themselves after all that went down.

I just feel like TG feels one way but writes another way and that shows in the story but I don't want to get repetitive.

joined Apr 25, 2018

Y’all are just proving my point no matter if you think Seju and Sumin should be together or not.

The fact we are having this discussion 111 chapters later is proof Team GJ is either telling Sejumin story through twists and turns or they have failed to create a compelling SuminxSungji story, and might be on their way to create an equally lukewarm SejuxDowon story.

When the discussion turns to how complex and interesting Dowon is, and what an interesting couple that grabs your attention they are, let me know. I won’t be waiting.

LOL, we are talking about Sejumin because Sejumin shippers like you just cant let it go lmao. Y'all right here wanting something to happen that aint gonna happen. We wont even be having this discussion if it weren't for your whiny asses just because youre bitter af.

Also, stay bitter fella. Lol

last edited at May 11, 2019 1:52PM

joined May 6, 2018

To be honest, I think the reasons why Sumin still stays are because
1. Sumin loves those places, she doesn't feel the need to go.
2. She wants to become friends with Seju again someday.

Oh and I’ve just found it on facebook group.

This looks funny considering how they have made their appearance for just 3 chapters. Reasons why I also chose them are simply because I get to see a more real Baek Seju, and how she is treated like a queen, like she always deserves. Not a Baek Seju who has to act strong and fine around Sumin even though she wasn’t. In One I can see her vulnerability and I love to see more of her new sides as well, she’s a human after all.

last edited at May 11, 2019 1:57PM

joined Apr 25, 2018

Also, I find it weird how Sumin didn't leave from the company, but I think that's the author's mistake still keeping them connected in some way, because they did need to completely distance themselves after all that went down.

She didnt leave because she doesnt care whether she sees Seju or not. She feels indifferent about her.

I just feel like TG feels one way but writes another way and that shows in the story but I don't want to get repetitive.

Nah.

last edited at May 11, 2019 1:55PM

joined Apr 25, 2018

To be honest, I think the reasons why Sumin still stays are because
1. Sumin loves those places, she doesn't feel the need to go.
2. She wants to become friends with Seju again someday.

Oh and I’ve just found it on facebook group.

This looks funny considering how they have made their appearance for just 3 chapters. Reasons why I also chose them are simply because I get to see a more real Baek Seju, and how she is treated like a queen, like she always deserves. Not a Baek Seju who has to act strong and fine around Sumin even though she wasn’t. In One I can see her vulnerability and I love to see more of her new sides as well, she’s a human after all.

Ppl want something fresh and the story is ongoing about them. I think Dowon might end up being the most popular character here tho lol. She's like every woman's dream woman.

Sejumin has 4 votes lmao.

I'm glad there are other 4 ppl like me who likes Seju/Sungji. They are very complimentary as much as Sumingji.

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:01PM

joined May 6, 2018

Even though there are also some nonsense options but yeah I still can't believe Sejumin only got 4 votes lol. Even Seju x Sungji beat them, I guess most of us don't like toxic relationships.

I really love Dowon too, I mean if I can have a girlfriend like her then maybe I have nothing left to feel regret. She seems patient and very understanding as well. I guess it's her seriousness, carefreeness and sincerity that made Seju feel it easier to open up her heart. Like "she's different than other people, she won't do harm to me"

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:07PM

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

If you have to "face" your ex to prove you're over them, then you're still not. Because that still indicates some type of feeling. Indifference is the opposite of love.

What's to prove here? I don't see Sumin showing any hints that's she trying to prove something anyway, she only does it because it's what she wants. Didn't you know Sumin took interest in the apartment first before Seju bought it? Didn't you know Sumin worked at Hello Studio first before Seju took over it and became the CEO? Sumin only chose to keep staying/working at the places she wanted to stay before. Again, whether or not Seju will show up leaves no impact to her life/feelings.

I was talking about you saying that you need to face your ex, and if Sumin felt like she had to face Seju then she wouldn't be over her.

Also I find it funny how these folks say that Sumin is “completely absolutely” over Seju like the story has shown that for chapters on end. Let me see...Seju left in ch 91, up to that point Sumin has not truly decided shit and is entangled with both.

Great! This was advertised as Sungji’s love story with Sumin and now Seju is finally out of the picture. Looks like we can finally focus on...oh wait, the story is over in 2 chapters!! Rushed sex between Sumin and Sungji with no fucks given to any kind of deeper convos or romance between them. Not even questioning of what happened!!! And Sungji just wanting to move in together ASAP even though she was a victim in this whole mess was like, “girl have you ever heard of rebounds?”. Good lord.

Then jump to 14 chapters of SejuxSumin. Then ONE chapter of SuminxSungji where the entirety of it is hooks to chapters in Paradise where Sumin is happier and she seems bored af with sleeping with Sungji.

Now not even a month into One, more flashbacks, no idea who Dowon even is.

Get outta here lmao

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:13PM

joined Apr 25, 2018

Even though there are also some nonsense options but yeah I still can't believe Sejumin only got 4 votes lol. Even Seju x Sungji beat them, I guess most of us don't like toxic relationships.

I really love Dowon too, I mean if I can have a girlfriend like her then maybe I have nothing left to feel regret. She seems patient and very understanding as well. I guess it's her seriousness, carefreeness and sincerity that made Seju feel it easier to open up her heart. Like "she's different than other people, she won't do harm to me"

Dowon is like that lesbian everybody wants. She's sexy af. She also seems gentle, caring and understanding. Just what Seju needs.

joined Apr 25, 2018

I was talking about you saying that you
Also I find it funny how these folks say that Sumin is “completely absolutely” over Seju like the story has shown that for chapters on end. Let me see...Seju left in ch 91, up to that point Sumin has not truly decided shit and is entangled with both.

Great! This was advertised as Sungji’s love story with Sumin and now Seju is finally of the picture. Looks like we can finally focus on...oh wait, the story is over in 2 chapters!! Rushed sex between Sumin and Sungji with no fucks given to any kind of deeper convos or romance between them. Not even questioning of what happened!!! And Sungji just wanting to move in together ASAP even though she was a victim in this whole mess was like, “girl have you ever heard of rebounds?”. Good lord.

Youre seething I can tell lmfao. Now youre calling Sungji a rebound. Good lord.

Then jump to 14 chapters of SejuxSumin. Then ONE chapter of SuminxSungji where the entirety of it is hooks to chapters in Paradise where Sumin is happier and she seems bored af with sleeping with Sungji.

The Sejumin goggles are very tight here as always lmao. Those scenes are literal testament of the contrast between Sumingji and Sejumin. Sumingji is mature and positive while Sejumin was childish and has a looming negativity in it. It's like a bomb is gonna explode next.

Now not even a month into One, more flashbacks, no idea who Dowon even is.

B.I.T.T.E.R.

Get outta here lmao

You better be talking about yourself here. Because one less delusional Sejumin shipper here would be great.

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:19PM

joined Apr 25, 2018

The poll where Sejumin got 4 votes really hurt matsuri I see lmao. Add the fact that she's grasping at straws as usual,.... pity.

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:20PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Well I wouldn't vote for Seju x Sumin either, despite the fact that I find their dynamic the most interesting of them all.
I just think everyone knows they won't happen, plus all this "toxic" etc, so they wouldn't vote for them anyway.
People are just desperate for Seju to find someone, and that shows how they voted for a character who has barely appeared.

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:28PM

joined May 6, 2018

I thought Sumin already decided, that she really hope it would be the last snow they'll be seeing with each other. I also find it funny how you're so determined in implying that Seju x Sumin were meant to be no matter how toxic they are, no matter how much Sumin had given up on Seju. I thought Paradise had told us everything, that they, Seju and Sumin, used to be in love with each other. They don't regret it. However, they now have a different future path to go, Safe journey for Seju. Period.

Then, no matter how rushed and nonsense Sungji and Sumin got back together, it doesn't have anything to do with them being a worse end-game couple as compared to Seju and Sumin, as I said, it's still Sungji who Sumin chooses to be with. It was Sungji who Sungji wants to get back to her life, not Seju. Please remember that.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

@sunbaenim: You seem to have really low IQ, it’s painful to read your posts. You don’t even understand the subtlety of what I am saying and can only ever reduce everything to “shipping” and “shipping war”. I hope there aren’t too many of you out there.

Of course the readers will vote for the PC couples (btw I am in that group and didn’t even see that post). Seju and Sumin are presently toxic until and if they change/mature. But they are the only part of the story that riles people up because the rest is so undeveloped. That’s my only argument. Prove me wrong by pointing to all the discussions about how great Sungji and Dowon are as characters, how the scenes of Sungji and Sumin are moving, etc. INDEPENDENTLY of Sejumin. Would they be compelling romances if not for the fact readers are desperate for some “healing”? I don’t think so but guess your bar is low.

Remove Sejumin, remove the flashbacks, and this is an extremely mediocre story. I hope that changes but I don’t think it will since the flashback keeps being used as storytelling crutch by Team GJ. It makes me tired and since I actually pay for the story, I am planning to drop it if they continue throwing flashbacks.

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:40PM

joined Apr 25, 2018

Well I wouldn't vote for Seju x Sumin either, despite the fact that I find their dynamic the most interesting of them all.
I just think everyone knows they won't happen, plus all this "toxic" etc, so they wouldn't vote for them anyway.
People are just desperate for Seju to find someone, and that shows how they voted for a character who has barely appeared.

Backpedalling has begun lmao.

4 votes for Sejumin just sends me lmaooo.

joined May 6, 2018

Desperate for Seju to find someone who has barely appeared.....How I wished you go wander more sites like facebook, mangago, discord where are filled of discussions. Do Won has caught many readers' heart through the way she treats and worried for Seju, especially her princess carry in the latest chap. She has many good traits except for her tanned appearance that quite many people don't like.

joined Apr 25, 2018

You seem to have really low IQ, it’s painful to read your posts. You don’t even understand the subtlety of what I am saying and can only ever reduce everything to “shipping” and “shipping war”. I hope there aren’t too many of you out there.

You seem emotional and angry and have a low IQ ;) Theres no subtlety to understand. Your so-called subtlety is just you projecting what you want to see while twisting the facts to fit your deluded narrative.

Of course the readers will vote for the PC couples (btw I am in that group and didn’t even see that post). Seju and Sumin are presently toxic until and if they change/mature. But they are the only part of the story that riles people up because the rest is so undeveloped. That’s my only argument. Remove them, remove the flashbacks, and this is an extremely mediocre story. I hope that changes but I don’t think it will since the flashback keeps being used as storytelling crutch by Team GJ.

S.E.E.T.H.I.N.G. SEJUMIN HAS 4 VOTES.

The only ppl who keeps wanting to discuss are Sejumin shippers, mate. Most ppl against them are just shutting them down while delusional Sejumins are just insistent with their fanfiction world lol.

It makes me tired and since I actually pay for the story, I am planning to drop it if they continue throwing flashbacks.

Then drop it. Nobodys gonna care anyway lmao.

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:41PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm telling you, "shipping" can be a toxic way of looking at stories--it seems to drive some people insane, or at least deaf to what people are actually saying about a work.

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:43PM

joined May 6, 2018

Remove Sejumin, remove the flashbacks, and this is an extremely mediocre story. I hope that changes but I don’t think it will since the flashback keeps being used as storytelling crutch by Team GJ. It makes me tired and since I actually pay for the story, I am planning to drop it if they continue throwing flashbacks.

Why need to remove both Sejumin btw? If you want, just removing Seju already made the story way less interesting. Also, removing Seju is enough, let her have another life then since it's Sungji x Sumin who is the main couple here.

I'm telling you, "shipping" can be a toxic way of looking at stories--it seems to drive some people insane, or at least deaf to what people are actually saying about a work.

I don't ship Seju with anyone here, I just want her to find happiness and so far the person who can bring it to her is Do Won so you know, but if it's changed to Sumin or Nammi then it would be a big NO for me. And also, if Do Won turns out to be a bad woman then it would also be a big NO for me. In conclusion, I only want Seju to be happy. Shipping isn't the matter here

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:44PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I'm telling, you "shipping" can be a toxic way of looking at stories--it seems to drive some people insane, or at least deaf to what people are actually saying about a work.

Yeah I have been trying to discuss about the storytelling quality itself but it’s impossible. I quit.

joined Apr 25, 2018

I'm telling, you "shipping" can be a toxic way of looking at stories--it seems to drive some people insane, or at least deaf to what people are actually saying about a work.

When are you gonna stop preaching. You sound like those annoying hypocritical preachers out there.

Are you gonna hide under mods' skirt again lmao? Because thats where youre good at.

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:47PM

joined Apr 25, 2018

Yeah I have been trying to discuss about the storytelling quality itself but it’s impossible. I quit.

Youre not even discussing, youre pushing your headcanons and twisting it as a fact when TG is telling the opposite.

TG: shows how Sumin loves Sungji and doesnt love Seju anymore
You: Do you see that, that's Sumin saying she wants Seju back

Yeah, better quit.

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:46PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Desperate for Seju to find someone who has barely appeared.....How I wished you go wander more sites like facebook, mangago, discord where are filled of discussions. Do Won has caught many readers' heart through the way she treats and worried for Seju, especially her princess carry in the latest chap. She has many good traits except for her tanned appearance that quite many people don't like.

How does one thing negate the other? I've been in this fandom since years ago and i remember how these discussions went. People wishing for her to find someone who loves her, because she has been through a lot.
You really trying to tell me that if it was someone else in Dowoon place, who is simply decent and interested, people wouldn't jump on it the same way they did for Dowoon?
There are lot of teens and underage readers in the sites you've mentioned, who are just happy with simple and cute stuff and don't quite get the rest. To some of them, Seju is just the bad guy and there's nothing more than that.

"I'm so happy a nice girl finally likes Seju, too bad she's tan and not my type. "

Lol, not surprised coming from the fandoms you've mentioned. I don't go there for a reason.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Why need to remove both Sejumin btw? If you want, just removing Seju already made the story way less interesting. Also, removing Seju is enough, let her have another life then since it's Sungji x Sumin who is the main couple here.

One last point: it’s not true that if Seju was removed, this would be a less interesting story. It BECAME that way. Up to around chapter 50 I could care less about Seju and found the flashbacks extremely intrusive.

I was much more interested in Sumin’s traumas since I can relate to them, and her interactions with Sungji as someone who could heal her. Then Team GJ itself turned the tables around completely and reconstructed this as a SejuxSumin story for reasons of their own.

They suddenly decreased Sungji’s importance and development in the story and centered all their focus on Seju. If this was the “plot twist” initially advertised, it sure worked because I was extremely confused and of course after some resistance went along with them and started wanting Sejumin to mature and get back together.
Because that’s how they wrote the story. Paradise only cemented the impression.

Now I am trying to engage with One as fresh start, but they don’t let me because here we go, the flashback rabbit hole again. So yeah I am unsatisfied as someone who pays for it. Either give me Sejumin or make the replacement romances interesting, or I won’t be giving my money for it.

I don't ship Seju with anyone here, I just want her to find happiness and so far the person who can bring it to her is Do Won so you know, but if it's changed to Sumin or Nammi then it would be a big NO for me. And also, if Do Won turns out to be a bad woman then it would also be a big NO for me. In conclusion, I only want Seju to be happy. Shipping isn't the matter here

last edited at May 11, 2019 3:10PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I left this place after the end of season 1. It used to be one of the few where we could actually have a normal discussion, whether it was Sungji or Sumin fans. Guess the people who were invested in this got tired of TG dragging it for no purpose and left, and the deranged troll who seeks attention found the perfect opportunity to infest this place.

joined Apr 25, 2018

I left this place after the end of season 1. It used to be one of the few where we could actually have a normal discussion, whether it was Sungji or Sumin fans. Guess the people who were invested in this got tired of TG dragging it for no purpose and left, and the deranged troll who seeks attention found the perfect opportunity to infest this place

S.E.E.T.H.I.N.G.

You lost an argument so you call me a deranged troll lmao, delusional Sejumin shippers, everyone.

last edited at May 11, 2019 3:08PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.