Forum › Today, You Break Up With Me. discussion

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Maifate posted:

Comedy tag, really? I didn't find this story trying to elicit a bit chuckle. More like want to make you feel the protagonist's concern.
And I don't usually read comedy, almost didn't read this, didn't know it was gonna be a good one shot

Yea, I didn't really find it comedic either.

FluffyCow posted:

OMG this was the most no cliche manga that I saw in a year xD

I think people often worry too much if something has cliches or doesn't

Being cliche doesn't make something bad by itself. It's all about execution. You can write the most cliche, by the numbers story ever, but still execute them well enough to make it a masterpiece. Sure, twisting a cliche in interesting way is always good, but at some point twisting a cliche also becomes a cliche in itself.

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 8:35AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Gee, I wish someone would create stories in the yuri genre without using the tropes of the yuri genre.”

Cliche = a trope + someone’s negative attitude toward that trope

45146235_746277355746718_170304489897590784_n
joined Dec 19, 2016

Gee, why don’t you tell us what “normal people” think, since you know them all?

The last couple of pages (i.e., the payoff of the whole setup) are obviously intended to be funny, especially the last panel on p. 27.

Well I suggest you reading it for the first time without looking at the tag.

But oh well, I'm just assuming myself normal. Sorry about that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Gee, why don’t you tell us what “normal people” think, since you know them all?

The last couple of pages (i.e., the payoff of the whole setup) are obviously intended to be funny, especially the last panel on p. 27.

Well I suggest you reading it for the first time without looking at the tag.

But oh well, I'm just assuming myself normal. Sorry about that.

I never looked at the tag until someone brought it up.

45146235_746277355746718_170304489897590784_n
joined Dec 19, 2016

Ok, I don't know how you did that. Even with me being on phone rn, the first thing I saw on the homepage is the title and the tag. Pc browser too. I clicked the chapter, the tag is still showing. I'm assuming you clicked through release post list and go straight into full screen mode. Maybe.

But you know what it's ok man maybe we have different sensitivity on this tag. I really appreciate that. Sorry for bothering you

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ok, I don't know how you did that. Even with me being on phone rn, the first thing I saw on the homepage is the title and the tag. Pc browser too. I clicked the chapter, the tag is still showing. I'm assuming you clicked through release post list and go straight into full screen mode. Maybe.

But you know what it's ok man maybe we have different sensitivity on this tag. I really appreciate that. Sorry for bothering you

I’ve got this superpower where I can look at a page of text and not read every word on the page. I think it’s called “skimming.”

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Interesting that mangadex posts these before Dynasty. I'm wondering how it all works, like which is updated and when and what are the procedures.

In /u/'s case, it's more convenient to upload to Mangadex since it's published right away and easy enough to update if any errors need fixing. However, since there's currently no download chapter option, it takes longer for Dynasty to add stuff that gets uploaded to Mangadex first compared to Mega/Mediafire/scanlator pages.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I like this.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This was nice.

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 6:38PM

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

"Oh it's Niten shrine. You confessed here a year ago! I think we should break up." walks off

I'm not really feeling this one.

"Oh it's Niten shrine. You confessed here a year ago! I think we should break up." walks off

I'm not really feeling this one.

To be fair, that seems like an appropriately antisocial response to your antisocial girlfriend slapping your hand away and ruining your date.

Seriously, though, this is just awful writing. I'm not sure if most manga is drawn by aliens or what, but it's downright bizarre how many romance manga are based around characters behaving in a way that no human ever would.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Maybe someday I will finish that Never7 and play(yes, play) all translated games in the series.
For this one, this is okay.

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

how the hell do you go out with someone for a freaking YEAR without being able to hold hands/compliment her/whatever

I'd break up with her too

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

PHEEW, good ending, I'm glad

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

how the hell do you go out with someone for a freaking YEAR without being able to hold hands/compliment her/whatever

I'd break up with her too

We'd like to think that issues with communication weren't the biggest setbacks in a relationship.... but alas

Qiqi%2050x50
joined Sep 29, 2017

This is the first time I read Drama tag with happy endings

APPROVED!!!!!!

MournfulLust
Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

If you think about it, this is kind of like a visual novel. The player picked the wrong dialogue option (not being honest) that led to a bad end (break up), so the player loads their old save file (waking up from the dream) and tries again and again until they get the true ending.

joined Mar 28, 2021

daisan no bakudan BITES ZA DUSTO

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Call me a dumbass, but couldn't this be solved by asking "why" after the first instance of "let's break up" instead of activating Bites The Dust?

joined Jan 26, 2024

A bittersweet read, and not as banal as some have judged it to be. Wako's insecurity and clumsy communication may stretch the imagination for some, but I wouldn't say that no human behaves like this. After all, what could be more human than making mistakes?

To reply you must either login or sign up.