Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

One suggestion, since it's used on some other websites, is to allow individual images in doujins/manga to be commented on.

Eh, you mean comments under the individual pages or something? I think that would probably distract from the reading experience and look a bit unsightly. But I'm not staff tho, so..

joined Jun 18, 2014

Not really a suggestion but there's a one-shot from 2011 and the person behind the translation back then made a bunch of improvements since then. Is there any way I could contact those with uploading powers to maybe get it replaced?

So I went ahead and uploaded this, but based on your post and the request, I honestly wasn't sure how to credit it. So, who should it be credited to?

The same credits as before. It'd be great if you could also put it in the "recently added" section because of the change in title.

Eh, you mean comments under the individual pages or something? I think that would probably distract from the reading experience and look a bit unsightly. But I'm not staff tho, so..

If distracting from the pages is a problem then it could simply be opened up, so like "Comments (22)" or something like that would be clicked and would open up to show the comments. I suggest it because it will increase activity and can make for more specific discussion for certain stories.

last edited at Jun 19, 2014 11:40PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The same credits as before. It'd be great if you could also put it in the "recently added" section because of the change in title.

Sure thing, thanks for sharing.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

http://dynasty-scans.com/images/1966
uploaded translated version of this.

OrangePekoe Admin
Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Found an odd behaviour with the Lucky Star doujins. I started reading from the beginning of the list, and everything was fine until I got to the end of Kona Kaga. When I hit Next Chapter, it brought me back to Kona Kaga ch01. I then hit Next Chapter through the set, and again it took me to ch01. The dropdown has read "Lucky Star" all along, but even if it did read "Kona Kaga" it shouldn't have cycled like that.

Not sure what could be causing that.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Found an odd behaviour with the Lucky Star doujins. I started reading from the beginning of the list, and everything was fine until I got to the end of Kona Kaga. When I hit Next Chapter, it brought me back to Kona Kaga ch01. I then hit Next Chapter through the set, and again it took me to ch01. The dropdown has read "Lucky Star" all along, but even if it did read "Kona Kaga" it shouldn't have cycled like that.

Gendo Ikari can't reply cause his internet sucks right now, but he thinks this might be a simple mistake. Because it was all translated in one day, all the Kona Kaga doujins are jumbled up, which is a thing that happens from time to time with things like that. It's possible you either read them from the start of chapter 3 and read chapter 1 after reading the rest of them, or it just shuffled itself while you were reading it.

Either way, the series has been manually set to the right order, which it should hopefully stay in from now on.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gendo Ikari can't reply cause his internet sucks right now, but he thinks this might be a simple mistake. Because it was all translated in one day, all the Kona Kaga doujins are jumbled up, which is a thing that happens from time to time with things like that.

That's odd, when I went through initially (using the Lucky Star tag) they actually fell into the right order from the start, save that 10 linked back to 1. I know they were out of order a few months ago the last time I looked, but other than that one thing they were fine.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

fyi, the link for girlish sweet ch 11 points to ch 10. I just changed in the last 5 mins.

typo?

last edited at Jun 22, 2014 11:34AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I was trying to upload a new archive and I was rushing and not really reading and...you can see what happened, I think. Fixed now?

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

yup. thanks

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I was trying to upload a new archive and I was rushing and not really reading and...you can see what happened, I think. Fixed now?

We've been numbering our chapters according to the tank's table of contents (which counts Truffle Nature 1 & 2 as only chapter) so our Mediafire file names are always one chapter off from Dynasty's. It's not a huge issue, but it might make sense to either collapse the two parts of Truffle Nature into one chapter or else number Truffle Nature 2 as chapter 1.5.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yeah, since you've mention it, and I've been meaning to fix it anyway...changed Truffle Nature 2 to chapter 1.5, and altered everything else accordingly. Thanks for the reminder!

last edited at Jun 22, 2014 12:42PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Should this be grouped with the Kona Kaga series, given that it's clearly connected (mentions in both directions)?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kaga_x_miyu#2

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Yeah, since you've mention it, and I've been meaning to fix it anyway...changed Truffle Nature 2 to chapter 1.5, and altered everything else accordingly. Thanks for the reminder!

Awesome, thanks.
While I'm being picky, I should maybe also point out that chap. 8 should properly be titled "2/3 Apr." rather than the reverse.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Should this be grouped with the Kona Kaga series, given that it's clearly connected (mentions in both directions)?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kaga_x_miyu#2

No clue how it was distributed, but that certainly appears to be the case! Added as an extra after the main series.

Awesome, thanks.
While I'm being picky, I should maybe also point out that chap. 8 should properly be titled "2/3 Apr." rather than the reverse.

Odd mistake, fixed. Please, pick away!

last edited at Jun 24, 2014 1:13AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Reading through this thread I see that the upload request menu can be used to request for images but since the format seems to be thought just for series/doujinshis I'm a bit lost about the procedure. Would anyone be so kind to explain it to me?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Reading through this thread I see that the upload request menu can be used to request for images but since the format seems to be thought just for series/doujinshis I'm a bit lost about the procedure. Would anyone be so kind to explain it to me?

See below for an example...

Name: Dark_Tzitzimine

Link: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=40314657 (NSFW)

Author: Inuzuka Bouru (If you don't know the name, leave it blank or copy their pixiv username...of course it's tumblr/DA/whatever just do your best)

Scanlator: (Probably doesn't need to be filled out)

Info: (Nobody fills this in anyway, but pairings/ratings/rationalizations can go here if you like)

We've had some requests for specific pairings/fandoms/whatever or a user will just upload a folder of stuff they want up to mediafire, and those are both fine too (sometimes easier, actually). Ideally, the images section will eventually have a moderated upload section for all users. As-is, image requests are low priority for us right now, but of course you're welcome to request anything you find relevant.

last edited at Jun 24, 2014 11:24AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I see, in that case I think it would be best to just pack the images I found relevant for the site and put that link on request, with the info having the actual links to the artists' pages (since their pixiv aren't just yuri). And well, isn't like I'm in a rush to see the images here. Thanks!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yeah, that works well for us, thank you for your contribution!

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Please, pick away!

Don't say that! Otherwise I'll start saying things like, "HANDS should properly be stylised with all caps, because it comes from 'H and S', for 'Hanaoka and Sonohara'", or "We're planning on doing Love*Preparation once we finish Girlish Sweet, and in the chapter listing it comes between Love*Aroma and Love*Aroma 2, but those two chapters are currently amalgamated into one on Dynasty; would it be possible to split them?"

(This why our editor has been secretly plotting my demise)

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Don't say that! Otherwise I'll start saying things like, "HANDS should properly be stylised with all caps, because it comes from 'H and S', for 'Hanaoka and Sonohara'"

Not a problem.

"We're planning on doing Love*Preparation once we finish Girlish Sweet, and in the chapter listing it comes between Love*Aroma and Love*Aroma 2, but those two chapters are currently amalgamated into one on Dynasty; would it be possible to split them?"

Well now you've done it. We have some other things to check in with Lililicious about, so I'll just make sure that's fine with them first. Should be fixed shortly.

As all good editors do to their translators, I'd like to think.

last edited at Jun 24, 2014 2:24PM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

As all good editors do to their translators, I'd like to think.

I'll get the fucker one day...

joined Nov 11, 2010

So, with the two recent uploads...I think

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_maid_and_the_bloody_watch_of_fate
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_maid_and_the_bloody_watch_of_fate_extra
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maid_and_the_bloody_clock_of_fate_lunatic
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luna_dial_maid_to_chi_no_unmei_dokei_lunaticalpha

Are all part of the same series (in the given order). Based on the cover pages and for the sake of naming consistency, I think it would be fine to rename the latter two doujins to "The Maid and the Bloody Watch of Fate -Lunatic-" and "The Maid and the Bloody Watch of Fate -Lunatic+ alpha- Lunar Dial" (or maybe "Lunar Dial: The Maid and the Bloody Watch of Fate -Lunatic+ alpha-"), but I guess that depends on your policy regarding keeping the original scanlation titles.

Additionally, I noticed this
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/time_of_the_full_moon
empty series page; not sure if you guys are in the middle of uploading it. Since I remember reading (and rather enjoying) that series before, but not if I'd read it from this site, I thought I'd mention it.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Additionally, I noticed this
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/time_of_the_full_moon
empty series page; not sure if you guys are in the middle of uploading it. Since I remember reading (and rather enjoying) that series before, but not if I'd read it from this site, I thought I'd mention it.

Yeah I was gonna upload that til I realized there was a Gaku Gaku update soon, so I held off on extra Touhou's til that came out. And because of technical reasons, it's gonna have to be held off for a while. But it's coming up soon hopefully.

To reply you must either login or sign up.