Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Ive been trying to watch kamen rider since early this year i started with the one with the video games but i havent come close to finishing it going to try to watch and finish it. then ill watch build then decade. kamen rider also inspired a story of mine it was going to be some sort of fanfiction then it changed aloooot.

last edited at Jul 31, 2018 6:25PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

It’s been so long since the last time someone posted in here.. and let me apologize in advance for the gloomy post I’m going to leave... I’m usually on the positive side but..
It’s just that a coworker that l’ve been working with for a while had been diagnosed with cancer when she was supposed to undergo a surgical treatment for something way less life threatening and no one knows what’s going to happen next.. and it brakes my heart because she’s always been kind and energetic, someone young at soul..
so I felt like shouting with all of my voice when I’m a rather quiet being.. so l’ve decided to share with the Internet... letting instead my feelings float into the virtual space...

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

madohomu is still the best paring

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

ruruririruriru <3

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

sees number of pages
HOLY.
FUCKING.
SHIT.
MATE.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Now I'm kinda scared because of the unfamiliar usernames, but since this is Dynasty Cafe, I better put all my cards on the table immediately.
First off... some Google Translate fails by W3B1...
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd5LRfsuGlI-e3Yo0dWZBVKNlNYkOp6Ny

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Hi everyone, I am BugDevil and came here to spam or something. Or maybe to look after a problem child, who really knows?

Didn't you want to ask for recommendations BV?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Yes, but I remembered that "unrelated videos" thing, and I waited for a familiar username to show up to ask for recommendations.
scratches back of his head

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 8:02PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Wow, I was in luck that no one said anything while I was sleeping.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If you want recs, I got a few.
Considering you went through the Big 3 of yuri already, let's go for some smaller ones.

Kobayashi's Dragon Maid/Kobayashi-san no chi Maid Dragon:
Basically, watch the anime first, then read the manga. It's not focused on romance, but it's very obviously yuri. And incredibly hilarious with some feel good moments.

Sakura Trick:
It's mostly comedy, but the main characters are the gayest dorks. Very slow on the realization that kissing = romance part, but it's getting there.

Kase-san and it's sequel Yamada to Kase-san:
Basically the sweetest thing you ever read in your life.

A kiss and a white lily for her/Ano Ko ni Kiss to Shirayuri wo:
Drama! Yuri! Happiness! Way too many side-pairings! Love it!

That should be a good starter pack.

last edited at Nov 4, 2018 3:20AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

OK. Thanks. Guess I'll check those out.

joined Oct 22, 2018

BTW, in between asking for recommendations and getting them, I actually read "Strawberry Shake"... but, while I was reading it, a hilarious movie review popped out of my memory into my mind. The guy behind that review gave "The Wolf of Wall Street" one star because, and I quote "There were no wolves in the movie.", and then I thought a fucking hilarious image up in my head:
If that same dude made a manga review of "Strawberry Shake", he would probably have given it one star, because there was no strawberry shake in the manga, and that in itself is more hilarious than any of the hilarious moments in the manga itself.
#DeadOfLaughter

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

BTW, in between asking for recommendations and getting them, I actually read "Strawberry Shake"... but, while I was reading it, a hilarious movie review popped out of my memory into my mind. The guy behind that review gave "The Wolf of Wall Street" one star because, and I quote "There were no wolves in the movie.", and then I thought a fucking hilarious image up in my head:
If that same dude made a manga review of "Strawberry Shake", he would probably have given it one star, because there was no strawberry shake in the manga, and that in itself is more hilarious than any of the hilarious moments in the manga itself.
#DeadOfLaughter

It is sweet though.

joined Oct 22, 2018

#DeadOfLaughter

It is sweet though.

Well, we can't argue about that.

joined Oct 22, 2018

gets wild with the fact that Dynasty Cafe is the place for unrelated topics
thinks there are no limits on how unrelated the topic may be
Hehe...
Hehehehehehe...
Hahahahahahahahahaha...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Earlier I gave you H3L1's Google Translate fails...
Get ready for some memes I made...
Hehe...
realizes how crazy he sounded in his post
FUCK. Maybe I should've toned it down a lil bit.

last edited at Nov 4, 2018 1:49PM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I'm not sure where else to post this, but this is probably as good a place as any... So, I recently started trying to read the Strawberry Panic light novels. I haven't read the manga or watched the anime yet, but since I'm having a hard time really wanting to keep on reading it (I stopped midway and ended up rereading Girl Friends), I'm wondering if I should have delved into the other versions first. Any input would be appreciated.

Or I guess, does it get better? Currently it's too cheesy for the sake of cheese. Maybe it's a "you love it or hate it" type thing.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'm not sure where else to post this, but this is probably as good a place as any... So, I recently started trying to read the Strawberry Panic light novels. I haven't read the manga or watched the anime yet, but since I'm having a hard time really wanting to keep on reading it (I stopped midway and ended up rereading Girl Friends), I'm wondering if I should have delved into the other versions first. Any input would be appreciated.

Or I guess, does it get better? Currently it's too cheesy for the sake of cheese. Maybe it's a "you love it or hate it" type thing.

I only watched the anime, so I can't compare them.
The anime has a reaaally slow start. And at first it's entire draw is supposed to be "Wow girls kissing, that is so taboo!" I'm not kidding, that's basically all it boils down to for like 4 episodes. Once the plot picks up though it gets kinda interesting.

So all I can really say is, if you have the patience, keep going. I'm sure the LN will go more in depth and be more interesting than the anime.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

"Love it or hate it" is my guess. I can't stomach those bizarre catholic-girls-academy fantasy settings and I tried the first volume of the manga last year not knowing beforehand that it was one of those... gaaaah.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

"Love it or hate it" is my guess. I can't stomach those bizarre catholic-girls-academy fantasy settings and I tried the first volume of the manga last year not knowing beforehand that it was one of those... gaaaah.

You can't see the sweet appeal of sin in the house of god? A secret that may never be spoken and only exists behind closed doors? With rosarios on their lips the flowers bloom in the garden of depravity...

Yeah it's really cheesy stuff lol

last edited at Nov 4, 2018 3:04PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Sounds like both some boring shit and the thing behind a certain meme I saw months ago.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Maybe the problem is that I was forced went to a co-ed Catholic gradeschool/junior high. I just can't fantasize about how Mary and Mary Magdalene actually had a torrid love affair and used Jesus as a cover story. #truth

Well, at least knowing that there is a plot buried deep in the flowery nonsense is something to keep me encouraged. I'll try to pick it back up and muddle through it.
As I realize it's taken me two weeks to get through half a LN. Nice.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Does the plot ever go places, hoo boy~
Still drags tho.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Maybe the problem is that I was forced went to a co-ed Catholic gradeschool/junior high. I just can't fantasize about how Mary and Mary Magdalene actually had a torrid love affair and used Jesus as a cover story. #truth

Well, at least knowing that there is a plot buried deep in the flowery nonsense is something to keep me encouraged. I'll try to pick it back up and muddle through it.
As I realize it's taken me two weeks to get through half a LN. Nice.

I see a lot of potential in that story of two Marys that somehow emerged in your head. Oh, boy, someone, please, make manga of this, and make sure to make it as comedic as it possibly could.

last edited at Nov 4, 2018 4:57PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Right so I saw a discussion on A room for two where people were arguing that Kasumi being asexual meant that she and Sakurako can't ever be in a romantic relationship and let me just say how much bullcrap that is.

As an asexual person it feels like such a huge pressure that people automatically expect something sexual out of a romantic relationship. You can simply be romantically attracted to a person's personality and overall looks without wanting to go down on them.

I hope to have left my small contribution to the discussion that was taking place there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.