Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

i know that poor poor lips wont be uploaded here because its licensed, but what about the doujin/epilogue that the author released for the series?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

i know that poor poor lips wont be uploaded here because its licensed, but what about the doujin/epilogue that the author released for the series?

As far as I know if the translator releases it we'll put it up.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

binbou scans has scanlated it:
binbouscan.blogspot.com/p/releases.html
its called Berry Berry Berry A.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Will resizing on Firefox ever get fixed?

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Will resizing on Firefox ever get fixed?

What specifically is broken about it?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Some big pages don't fit on screen - they don't zoom out enough.
It's been this way for months.
In fact, there's my post on 2nd page of this thread, made August 18, 2013 - it's still not fixed.
It works fine in Chrome, but not in Firefox.

It's not too common, but every now and then some new manga appears with this issue...
Actually - any horizontal page scales badly. Looking through this week's uploads... for example, this page or this page.

last edited at May 22, 2014 11:28AM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

It's bound to within the window borders in Firefox 29, I think one of the far older versions bound it to within the template.

last edited at May 25, 2014 11:20PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

It's bound to within the window borders in Firefox 29

Doesn't seem to be that way... it's out of all borders...
Firefox
Chrome

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Can confirm that, at least in my version and style of firefox addons and malarkey, that page does not fit to my window boundaries on firefox. It does indeed shrink it, but not as much as needed to fit its intended purpose.

last edited at May 26, 2014 1:33AM

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

I too have a problem with fitting in window in Firefox.

It seems that in Firefox, the pictures are resized to the screen height (I have 1200) instead of the usable window height. If you select "resize" (without "full screen") and make Firefox full-screen - then it is evident the image is resized to exactly the height of the screen. (Although you still have to adjust it's vertical position since there are other elements in the page above the picture.)

joined May 26, 2014

Wow, Dynasty Scans Reader is getting cooler! I just found Kodomo no Jikan on it. The former all-Yuri format was fine with me, but this is better. If you're planning on having sexy manga outside the Yuri category, but short of hentai, that would be nice. If you're planning on such stuffs also being high quality like KnJ, that would be wonderful.
But whatever you do, thank you for Dynasty Scans and its reader!

joined May 27, 2014

Hi. I would just like to know why, whenever I post, it says "detected as spam, contact xxxx" so I had to create a new account. This never happened on my previous account before (I have now long forgotten my password for the said account). What could I possibly do to be able to post normally and not get the notice saying my post is spam?

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

TheNSA: You should probably contact who the message said to contact, who I imagine was omniscient0

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Troid: Thank you. It's actually this account.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Copy/pasted from one of the topics, since it's more appropriate here:

I was wondering whether there was any way to blacklist tags. I can't stand het, but because I favourited the "Romance" tag my To Read list is filled with het romance in addition to the yuri. This is normally not too bad, since I tend to just remove them from the list, but because of the recent uploading of Kodomo no Jikan, my reading list shot up to over 100 chapters of a series that I had absolutely no interest in, so I was wondering whether there was any way to fix that. I did notice that the profile settings have a section for blacklisted and whitelisted tags, but I'm not really sure what they do - they don't seem to have made any impact on the reading lists.
Or is there at least any way to have a "select all" option for the lists instead of selecting all the boxes manually?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm honestly a little bit confused on what you're asking - not familiar enough with lists. For example, when I add the romance tag to my reading list, it gives me a single grouping, which shows the same results I'd get from searching for romance. Reading over your other topic, I think I'd say the best option right now is to go with the suggestion GitS gave. That should serve in the same capacity, right?

As I recall, blacklisting/whitelisting only applies to the "Recently Added" page, so it wouldn't really help in this situation.

last edited at May 30, 2014 10:34AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Troid: Thank you. It's actually this account.

I marked your account as being exmept from spam detection.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I think he is referring to the "Add notified chapters to To Read list". I should just make the notifications check against the white/blacklist as well, currently they only affect the homepage/recently added page..

last edited at May 30, 2014 1:33PM

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I think he is referring to the "Add notified chapters to To Read list". I should just make the notifications check against the white/blacklist as well, currently they only affect the homepage/recently added page..

Yeah, that's right. Ahh, okay. I get the whole white/blacklist thing now - didn't realise what exactly it was affecting. I tend to log in only after checking the recently added list, so I didn't see the difference. That'll help a lot, thank you!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

O' great dynasty, tanline tag plox.

Sure thing.
http://dynasty-scans.com/tags/tanline

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/shiro
http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/shippo

I know we added Shippo for something...
Thanks though, removed.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

The recently uploaded Haibane Renmei artbook has a typo in its name - the accepted spelling of the town is "Glie, not Gile".

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haibane_of_old_home_anime_artbook_in_the_town_of_gile_in_the_garden_of_haibane

last edited at Jun 6, 2014 12:54AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

There should be some way to tag non-doujin, but related manga with the core "series".
We've already got some anthologies, ZUN works, Puchimasu is also there.
Maybe a "Related :.." or something like that? There should be some tags for it...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The recently uploaded Haibane Renmei artbook has a typo in its name - the accepted spelling of the town is "Glie, not Gile".

Oops, fixed.

There should be some way to tag non-doujin, but related manga with the core "series".
We've already got some anthologies, ZUN works, Puchimasu is also there.

Well for ZUN, we use the Canon and Doujinshi: Touhou Project tags (though there is some debate about using the latter tag). For anthologies and inter-connected series, we've started linking from each related page, like so:

Maybe a "Related :.." or something like that? There should be some tags for it...

I just added links to the Puchimas/Idolmaster doujinshi. But what else did you have in mind? A single tag for each series/anthology/etc. that is related (this sounds odd)? Or individual tags for each larger non-doujin series/anthology/etc. for easier browsing (Like, Canon: Touhou Project, or Canon: Idolmaster [though Official is more accurate than Canon])?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Indeed, I was thinking of something along Official Works:Touhou Project, though both Canon and Official do sound weird.
I think I just can't find right word... Spin-off? Wrong too, anthologies aren't spin-offs... Some word to unify Officially-Published Fanon and Spin-off... Hmm, on MyAnimeList it's tagged as Parent story: K-On!, and on Baka-Updates it's Adapted From: K-On!.

"Thematically" many of those things are more doujin-style, even if "really" they aren't doujins. It feels like there should be separate directory page for those, but then again - the number is pretty small, so I guess it's not worth it.
I guess, unless we get sudden influx of those works, current approach is best, I just...dislike stuff that's out of The System...

I guess most systematic - but also realistically worst - approach would be splitting Doujin: Touhou Project tag into two: Doujin + Universe: Touhou Project. Then Official works would be Canon + Universe: Touhou Project, or Spin-Off + Universe: Idolm@ster or Official Anthology+Universe:K-On!. But yeeeeeah, this is too much for barely dozen of mangas.

last edited at Jun 6, 2014 11:15AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.