Forum › The Sunset, Aromas, and the Signs of Love discussion

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Man that poor guy got destroyed. Everything else is cute though.

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Not as bad as some other guys in yuri if anything he got off lucky she only said no. Some guys get so destroyed we assume they turn gay as well.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yup, that's the face of a guy who just got destroyed all right. He's smiling to hide the pain.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nothing happened, then something did happen, then it was over.

You’ve just described the plot of every story ever.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Yikes I kinda feel bad for the guy, being rejected, especially if the one you love is gonna date a family member, must really be heartbreaking

Nah. He gon' be aiight. Het is a sin

"het is a sin" is my favorite thing now.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

WTH Comrades?
/u/ is insulting DS saying this comment make it lose they faith on humanity.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Implying we care what /u/ thinks of us.

Also: 4channers having faith in humanity. That's a good one.

last edited at Mar 3, 2018 1:04PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If I understand correctly, “het is a sin” here is something along the lines of an (mostly) ironic slogan about the overriding power of yuri (put another way, het is an unwelcome element in yuri stories). There they probably take it to mean, “the war against masculinity goes on.”

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If I understand correctly, “het is a sin” here is something along the lines of an (mostly) ironic slogan about the overriding power of yuri (put another way, het is an unwelcome element in yuri stories). There they probably take it to mean, “the war against masculinity goes on.”

There shall be no joking around in this man's army!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I kind of got the feeling, that the guy knew he was going to get shot down in flames.

last edited at Mar 13, 2018 6:27PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Wait, that was a guy? I just figured it was one of those "prince-type" girls!

I know right. I am so use to yuri stories taking place at all girl schools. I just assumed that Nanase was a girl. I didn't figure out he was a boy, until I read the story a second time.

last edited at Mar 13, 2018 6:31PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

They kept hinting that Shiori was hiding a shameful secret. But, they never revealed what it was. I wonder if the fact that Shiori was a lesbian, was "the truth" that Hana was eventually going to find out.

joined Mar 15, 2017

They kept hinting that Shiori was hiding a shameful secret. But, they never revealed what it was. I wonder if the fact that Shiori was a lesbian, was "the truth" that Hana was eventually going to find out.

It was simply that she was trying hard to put on an image in front of Hana, as discussed when Koh talked to Shiori without Hana there.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I know right. I am so use to yuri stories taking place at all girl schools. I just assumed that Nanase was a girl. I didn't figure out he was a boy, until a I read the story a second time.

I never saw him as anything but a male, and you guys have made me go back to check out why I thought that. I think it’s mainly body language and details of the haircut: they just read “boy” and not “boyish” to me. For example, pg. 407, top panel—that’s the body outline of a guy (I’m not saying there aren’t women in real life with that silhouette, just that I’ve never seen one in this style of manga).

Now, the head-on shot in the middle of pg. 414 could definitely be a yuri “prince” type. But Nanase is almost always drawn a bit rougher and schlubbier than that.

joined Sep 1, 2017

It was simply that she was trying hard to put on an image in front of Hana, as discussed when Koh talked to Shiori without Hana there.
Maybe you're right. But,"The truth will come out sometime"seems to point to something specific.
Even if they're just talking about Shiori 's kindly big sister act, I would have liked to see what her true personality was like.

last edited at Mar 13, 2018 6:52PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

I know right. I am so use to yuri stories taking place at all girl schools. I just assumed that Nanase was a girl. I didn't figure out he was a boy, until a I read the story a second time.

I never saw him as anything but a male, and you guys have made me go back to check out why I thought that. I think it’s mainly body language and details of the haircut: they just read “boy” and not “boyish” to me. For example, pg. 407, top panel—that’s the body outline of a guy (I’m not saying there aren’t women in real life with that silhouette, just that I’ve never seen one in this style of manga).

Now, the head-on shot in the middle of pg. 414 could definitely be a yuri “prince” type. But Nanase is almost always drawn a bit rougher and schlubbier than that.

I often have trouble with japanese names and gender. I thought I remembered an anime girl named Nanase before, so I assumed it was a girl's name.

last edited at Mar 13, 2018 6:53PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Het is a sin

XD

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Ah, we need more cute age gap stories like this one. It makes my heart melt

joined Jul 23, 2017

This kind of art is what gets me ( ᐢ˙꒳​˙ᐢ )♡

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I thought Plot Device-kun was a girl up until it was stated otherwise in the credits. I mean, what with Nanase being a female name and all it just didn't even recognize as possible.

As for the story itself it felt rushed. Nothing happened, then something did happen, then it was over. You never get to see anything about why Hana fell in love with Shiori in the first place, neither anything about why Shiori fell in love back. Rather lackluster if you ask me.

But his name is Nanase Kou, so probably Nanase Kouta..
For me it was pretty clear from page 2 on, that he was a guy.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Rest is peace, Plot device

Aweida_compressed
joined Oct 17, 2020

That was cute.

To reply you must either login or sign up.