Forum › Marionette discussion

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

I think you're missing the point here. Nobody's saying we should remove all tags because the remote and unlikely chance that someone could be offended by the spoilage. Doing so would make it impossible for potential readers to know whether or not they want to read a work. Also I think the author tag's primary purpose (in addition to a URL link) is to give attribution to the author so Dynasty doesn't get accused of stealing works from other sites and claiming they made it.

But... it's sPoiLeRsSS
sarcastic voice

last edited at Jul 1, 2018 9:51AM

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Huh? I'm not sure what you're getting at here. The post I was replying to seemed to say that we should get rid of tags while not being clear whether they were being serious or sarcastic so I took it as them being serious and replied accordingly.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I think drpepperfan already made clear what's going to be the site's stance on spoiler tags. Not sure if there's any point on continuing with this discussion.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

If we just shut up and put our heads in the sand every time the people in power did something we didn't like, then we wouldn't have freedom.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yogg-Saron posted:

I think you're missing the point here. Nobody's saying we should remove all tags because the remote and unlikely chance that someone could be offended by the spoilage. Doing so would make it impossible for potential readers to know whether or not they want to read a work. Also I think the author tag's primary purpose (in addition to a URL link) is to give attribution to the author so Dynasty doesn't get accused of stealing works from other sites and claiming they made it.

But... it's sPoiLeRsSS
sarcastic voice

But... it's IncEst/RaPe/LoLiCon/MyTriGger...

sarcastic voice

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I have a great idea, let's remove every tags. Because:
Yuri - Spoiler that this is a story where a girl love another girl
Cheating - Spoiler that a girl will cheat on someone.
Adult life - Spoiler that where the story is set
Fantasy - Spoiler that the story is set in a magical world
The list goes on...
Oh and we should remove the author tag as well, since it gonna spoil whose work is it.

You're either being incredibly dishonest, or incredibly dense. The issue in this particular story is that the reveal of incest is a big twist (arguably, in fact, the whole point of this story, since it doesn't have much going aside from it). If those other tags are as relevant in other stories, I'm sure the mods would have done the same

A
joined May 24, 2013

Considering that the story is only 16 pages long and has very few words, it's laughable to complain that a certain tag might spoil it. Of course, this is their site and they can do as they wish, but it's absurd that the mods refuse to tag this properly.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

If we just shut up and put our heads in the sand every time the people in power did something we didn't like, then we wouldn't have freedom.

Yep, but the site has owners, and they have the right to do whatever shit they want with it.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I personally don't understand the anger over missing tags. Movies and books don't have tags that give every aspect of a plot. I've never seen anyone storming out of a Friday the 13th movie screaming, this didn't have a NSFW tag. Why didn't anybody warn me about the sex scene.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 12:51AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I personally don't understand the anger over missing tags. Movies and books don't have tags that give every aspect of a plot. I've never seen anyone storming out of a Friday the 13th movie screaming, this didn't have a NSFW tag. Why didn't anybody warn me about the sex scene.

With movies it's easier to know what to expect. Usually you won't find a rape scene in a movie that's not rated 18+, for example, and you can get a gist of the most triggering content by reading the synopsis. Manga doesn't have either, so that's a lot harder to predict.

joined Sep 1, 2017

With movies it's easier to know what to expect. Usually you won't find a rape scene in a movie that's not rated 18+, for example, and you can get a gist of the most triggering content by reading the synopsis. Manga doesn't have either, so that's a lot harder to predict.

That's not totally true. I've been surprised by strong, or offensive scenes in movies. The movie Kick Ass comes to mind The previews led me to belive it was just a comedy spoof of superhero movies. It turned out to be really dark, and extremely violent. I found Big Daddy's death scene, where he was burnt to death, particularly disturbing. It also showed an 11yr old girl getting beat down by a grown man. This was is just one example, but I have others.

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

Tags for movies would be covered under the rating information, like videogames. Though these do not go into any specific detail, unless you check the archives of the rating boards' websites.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I'M NOT TRYING TO OFFEND, but so what if people read something that upsets them. Have we got to the point where we have to know everything in a story, before we read it, just in case there might be something that offends our sensibility? If you start a story that triggers you, stop reading it. Leave a scathing comment about it, if it makes you feel better. Even, get into a heated, but respectful, debate, with your fellow readers, if it helps. Then move on.
I'm not saying, to hell with tags. They are the closest thing we have to a synopsis of the story. I'm just saying if the people, posting the story, leave out a tag or two, because they feel it might ruin a twist, so be it. I would rather be surprised.
Honestly I find the stories, that push me out of my comfort zone, stick with me longer anyway.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 2:51PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I'M NOT TRYING TO OFFEND, but so what if people read something that upsets them. Have we got to the point where we have to know everything in a story, before we read it, just in case there might be something that offends our sensibility? If you start a story that triggers you, stop reading it.

I've posted this before, but it seems it's still necessary to say it again, so reposting below (oh, and keep in mind that we do stop reading, but it doesn't matter once you're already going through hell again):

I think you miss the point of tags being used as trigger warnings. Some people in this world have experienced a shitload of trauma in their past. This leaves them lingering with post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety disorders, panic attacks and some other psychiatric conditions. Acute episodes of such diseases are horrifying (I speak from experience), and they are sometimes triggered by situations which resemble the origin of the trauma.

So if I unknowingly read a story with rape in it, I'm at least 50% likely to have a panic attack. Sometimes it's light enough that'll just end up losing a few hours of sleep. Sometimes they make me wanna die.

The thing about triggers is that they're specific for each person. So for me, rape is almost always a trigger, but so is sex with robots or dolls (because in my case, I felt like someone trapped inside an inanimate object being used by someone else for their pleasure). People who have suffered violence by family members might have incest be a PTSD trigger. And so on.

This might sound like some rare occasional thing, but keep in mind that 1 in 6 american women are rape victims. The number goes up even more when we're talking about LGBT people (1 in 5 lesbians, and 1 in 2 bisexual women, if I'm not mistaken). And rape's just one form of violence, there are several more which can be equally damaging to your mental health.

We use trigger warnings in order not to hurt the people who have already been through too much. I think you'll agree with me that this is a more important cause than preventing spoilers.

joined Mar 20, 2017

I've posted this before, but it seems it's still necessary to say it again, so reposting below (oh, and keep in mind that we do stop reading, but it doesn't matter once you're already going through hell again):

Tell me about it. I was a person who happily read yuri story (that I like) without worry. Thanks to the kind hearts that did not want to spoil the story for the others, now I'm a skeptic that always have to check the comment section before I read something new on this site

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Of course that also brings up another issue. By reading the comments section of this or any other doujin/manga before reading the doujin/manga itself you can potentially be exposed to more spoilers than the tags alone would have. Also in general all the tags do is say content X is in this doujin/manga it doesn't give context on where, how much, or why it occurs.

joined Aug 16, 2014

95% of the users don't bother to read the previous post, let alone the entire comments section.

That, and quite obviously you can choose to avoid reading the comments before the story, while it's not as easy avoiding reading the tags...

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 5:14PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I'm just saying it could happen (even though I personally am not phased by spoilers). Whether or not it is likely to happen of course is another matter entirely.

joined Mar 20, 2017

Of course that also brings up another issue. By reading the comments section of this or any other doujin/manga before reading the doujin/manga itself you can potentially be exposed to more spoilers than the tags alone would have. Also in general all the tags do is say content X is in this doujin/manga it doesn't give context on where, how much, or why it occurs.

95% of the users don't bother to read the previous post, let alone the entire comments section.

That, and quite obviously you can choose to avoid reading the comments before the story, while it's not as easy avoiding reading the tags...

To make it clear, I'm on the "want the work tagged properly, no matter the spoiler" side. Because after got traumatized a few times by those white knights, I rather got spoiled than bad taste in my mouth. I check the comment first, if nothing bad happened, then I will enjoy the spoiled story. And by "bad" I mean something not my taste.

To @none.
You mean the post about "incest is the biggest twist in this story"?
Hell no, like, if this have incest tag on it at first, yeah we would know that there will be a sister x sister scene, but how will it happen? After dumps her girlfriend, the younger angry and rape kiss the older to show her how she felt. Or the older take the chance and comfort te broken heart sister.... many case could occurred.
But the biggest plot twist is that the younger is not innocence and have a weird fetish of cuckhold. The incest add very little surprise to it. Tbh, when I read it I was like "Oh, so she love her sister, ok"

joined Mar 20, 2017

On the same topic, they make the blacklist (which is already useless since it the tags you blacklisted still show up when you search for another tag) even more useless by not adding the tags.

joined Aug 16, 2014

No, neither I meant any post specifically nor was replying to your post, but to Sakura Cartelet's. It meant literally that almost everyone using dynasty don't bother to read even the post above theirs. As the amount of people asking the same question in this and other threads can attest.

joined Mar 20, 2017

Well, since you say about reading the comment section, i thought you were talking about me.
And to anyone who are still confusing. This motherducking argument is about 2 sides.
1st side wants the mods to hide some tag because it maybe a spoiler to someone
2st side wants the mods to tags properly because it may give bad taste to someone

So, which side are you on?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Well, since you say about reading the comment section, i thought you were talking about me.
And to anyone who are still confusing. This motherducking argument is about 2 sides.
2st side wants the mods to tags properly because it may give bad taste to someone

OK, trying to turn this into a kind of tag civil war is silly.

Unless some kind of way to add spoiler tags to the site is added at some point, there will be no plans to tag any works with tag's that would severely ruin the plot for those reading. Certain works on the site have plot twists or endings harmed by tagging everything 100%, and for the sake of keeping the experience of reading these works as the author intended, we will not tag these. End of. This endless argument is not going to help, sorry.

When Takemiya wrote this oneshot, they wanted that ending to be a surprise. And that's how it will be kept.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 6:44PM

joined Mar 20, 2017

Unless some kind of way to add spoiler tags to the site is added at some point, there will be no plans to tag any works with tag's that would severely ruin the plot for those reading. Certain works on the site have plot twists or endings harmed by tagging everything 100%, and for the sake of keeping the experience of reading these works as the author intended, we will not tag these. End of. This endless argument is not going to help, sorry.

When Takemiya wrote this oneshot, they wanted that ending to be a surprise. And that's how it will be kept.

Oh, so what about Netorare and Cheating? Does Takemiya-sensei intended to spoils those 2 specific tags?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Oh, so what about Netorare and Cheating? Does Takemiya-sensei intended to spoils those 2 specific tags?

A silly point. Those things are the focus of the story, rather than a twist at the end. Shortly into this you see where the story is heading, and the tags reflect that. To tag the spoiler at the end is ridiculous, and, as I have said, arguing in favour of it will not work. Please don't drag this on further, it's not budging.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 6:57PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.