Forum › Anime season

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Yes, the last episode of Toji no Miko was sweet. Some subtexty screencaps: https://imgur.com/a/3Qt2R16 (warning: hand holding)

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

GOD! IF THIS ISN'T THE LEWDEST HAND HOLDING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE!
god what a ride this show was !! definitely my anime of the season. the plot and the fights were so epic, the drama was decent, and the character development was so well-done. even though some scenes were a little bit edgy for some people, but totally not as edgy as ou-sama game or juuni taisen. i actually didn't see the first episode that edgy, but it was about the edgiest episode. so you're fine with the other episodes if you get easily disturbed.

Also, Aya and Tsuyuno totally made their way into one of my favorite yuri ships of all time. god! every scene with the two of them was just so sweet! Tsuyuno also confessed love to Aya and aya also confessed back in a weird way. now i understand it was probably as a friend, but gosh they are just so gay for each other. i'm so glad they survived despite the number of the death flags that were rosen

however, i'm a little bit disappointed it was an anime original ending. i haven't read the manga yet so i don't know how much they have changed. who knows if they haven't changed that much we might actually get a second season hopefully. (we also actually got some yaoi. WARNING: BUTT FUCKING/FINGERING lol)

last edited at Jun 22, 2018 9:31PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Yes, the last episode of Toji no Miko was sweet. Some subtexty screencaps: https://imgur.com/a/3Qt2R16 (warning: hand holding)

Mahou Shoujo was way lewder than they, they held hands in bed!

GOD! IF THIS ISN'T THE LEWDEST HAND HOLDING I HAVE EVER SAW IN MY WHOLE LIFE!
god what a ride this show was !! definitely my anime of the season. the plot and the fights were so epic, the drama was decent, and the character development was so well-done. even though some scenes were a little bit edgy for some people, but totally not as edgy as ou-sama game or juuni taisen. i actually didn't see the first episode that edgy, but it was about the edgiest episode. so you're fine with the other episodes if you get easily disturbed.

Also, Aya and Tsuyuno totally made their way into one of my favorite yuri ships of all time. god! every scene with the two of them was just so sweet! Tsuyuno also confessed love to Aya and aya also confessed back in a weird way. now i understand it was probably as a friend, but gosh they are just so gay for each other. i'm so glad they survived despite the number of the death flags that were rosen

however, i'm a little bit disappointed it was an anime original ending. i haven't read the manga yet so i don't know how much they have changed. who knows if they haven't changed that much we might actually get a second season hopefully. (we also actually got some yaoi. WARNING: BUTT FUCKING/FINGERING lol)

Manga spoilers

They have an romantic interest in each other, even kissed in the manga(which the anime cut out)

For what was changed

It went anime original in ep 10(before the kiss/date), although it kept a lot of plot points, like Tsuyuno turning into an admin, although I don't think its been resolved yet

As for the rape scene,
The manga makes it more clear that the cop is not using any fingers, onii-chan won't die a virgin

last edited at Jun 22, 2018 9:13PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Toji no Miko

Show itself was okay? The first cour was pretty mediocre, but the second was fairly good (though I felt it weakened towards the end). Really not sure it's worth getting through the first half, though

Yuri-wise, there's three ships that're actually implied as more than friendships, but I felt only one of them actually worked. Kanami and Hiyori are extremely close at the end, but this comes after Hiyori spending 20 episodes almost completely forgotten by the plot. Maki and Suzuha get a cute relationship in the second half, but are supporting characters. Yukari and Ichikishimahime had a nice relationship, but then Ichikishimahime fucking dies

Mahou Shoujo Site

They got farther than I'd expected. If there's a second season it won't be for a while

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Manga spoilers

They have an romantic interest in each other, even kissed in the manga(which the anime cut out)

what da...FOR REAL ?!
i don't wanna blame them if only it had one more episode they might have included it BUT STILL it wouldn't have costed them 3 minutes to do so.
EDIT: just checked the manga and the kiss was so nice but it actually made them look weaker with all the crying and stuff. and it definitely wouldn't have costed them 3 min to include it goddamit! and it seems they have drifted way too much in the last two episodes. welp, i won't be hoping for second season anymore guess i'll just stick to the manga.

last edited at Jun 22, 2018 11:10PM

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

really enjoyed the last episode of lostorage conflated wixoss .

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Only read the Mahou Shoujo Site manga, but the whole manga was quite a mess. As plot hole, plot device, plot convenience are thrown out constantly with little cohesive structure. As if the author didn’t plan anything at the start and just make up new things as he/she go.

Just saying, in case anyone want to check the manga out. The yuri couldn’t really save it

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Just wanted to point out. These two last Aikatsu Friends episodes were a yuri story disguised as a children's anime.
Or would it be a yuri children's anime?

joined Dec 4, 2016

Yes Aikatsu Friends I love it. Her brother is jealous it's amusing. It reminds me on original Aikatsu when Sora steal Ran from Yurika. lol

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yeah, Aikatsu Friends is great! This will probably be the gayest the show has ever been. Rip in pepperoni Photokatsu! o7 we never got the promised content, like more NoriNori action

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yes Aikatsu Friends I love it. Her brother is jealous it's amusing. It reminds me on original Aikatsu when Sora steal Ran from Yurika. lol

His reactions are funny because it makes no sense if he only saw Mio as Aine's friend.
"Isn't that girl too friendly with Aine?"
"Aine said she would marry me when she was a kid, and you?"

It's also funny how Mio gives a glance back when "stealing" Aine from her friend as if provoking her.
These two episodes use clear romantic tropes.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Can we also talk about Mirai and Karen/Love me tear? And how the way they paired up was basically a cheese romance movie?
Also, Maika x Ema is basically Juri x Hinaki?

Aikatsu Friends might be the gayest idol show ever. The only way any other idol show can one up them is by having a duo make out on screen.
I think I'll wait 1-2 more eps before I post a mini review.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Can we also talk about Mirai and Karen/Love me tear? And how the way they paired up was basically a cheese romance movie?
Also, Maika x Ema is basically Juri x Hinaki?

Aikatsu Friends might be the gayest idol show ever. The only way any other idol show can one up them is by having a duo make out on screen.
I think I'll wait 1-2 more eps before I post a mini review.

Well, that was a made up story, but still fun.
Also, I just love Mirai's first song.

It's funny, but the shows I enjoyed the most this season were children show.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gungale online was great!!! that was a brutal way to die and that was a cute way to kiss! haha, payback maybe?
s2 when? is there material for one anyway?

And I saw the first chapters of Hanebado! and it's pretty coool~ just like with Takkyuu you have an incredible main character and when it comes to shipping, well I was spoiled from people who call it shit... Apparently there's het in the latest volume, but you should be fine enjoying this as long as you don't ship the main character with anyone, and according to the rumors it just comes suddenly and it rubs the wrong way, but hey! the guy was there from the start so is not too weird, well, I'm least now I'm warned and I can enjoy the series for everything else including the other fantastic girls

last edited at Jun 30, 2018 7:33PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

SAO alternative is a pretty good show. Kinda hard to sell it with the universal SAO hate, psychotic protagonists, and the fact that some people don't like bisexual women because it's "not yuri". There is definitely a payoff at the end.

Well, that was a made up story, but still fun.
Also, I just love Mirai's first song.

Since that's the story they are going with for now, I will gladly accept it as truth until proven otherwise.
I don't want to mention the music yet because it's very early. I would say my favourite is "Believe it!" rn.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Gungale online was great!!! that was a brutal way to die and that was a cute way to kiss! haha, payback maybe?
s2 when? is there material for one anyway?

And I saw the first chapters of Hanebado! and it's pretty coool~ just like with Takkyuu you have an incredible main character and when it comes to shipping, well I was spoiled from people who call it shit... Apparently there's het in the latest volume, but you should be fine enjoying this as long as you don't ship the main character with anyone, and according to the rumors it just comes suddenly and it rubs the wrong way, but hey! the guy was there from the start so is not too weird, well, I'm least now I'm warned and I can enjoy the series for everything else including the other fantastic girls

The het is not between the main character. And the character who confess to the coach is shown to have a crush on him since early. So I don't even get why some people are complaining. They probably never saw anything about it and just want to complain.
Still, apparently, there's not much yuri either. It's all focused on the sport.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sasuga, you can always count with Wtv for accurate info! Thank you, I just wanted to taste the story a bit so I won't read the manga anymore, the trailer of the anime was superb

Also about Pito, now that we're seeing her design irl I kinda understand why they decided to not show their intimate relationship with the dude

last edited at Jun 30, 2018 9:07PM

joined Dec 4, 2016

I'm one of those that said bisexual is not 'yuri' but still watching it anyway if for entertainment only. They can make the gayest show ever and I wouldn't watch it if it's not entertaining.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, before starting Summer, my impressions on Spring:

Toji no Miko: Already covered this earlier

Gegege no Kitarou: Mana x Nekomusume is surprisingly viable, though not what anyone should be be watching it for. So, it's a decent kiddy horror series. Has the occasional neat design moment. Considerably more #woke than expected

Comic Girls: Yep, definitely yuri. Koyume is in love with Tsubasa, Kaos is just generally gay, and most of the cast has subtext with someone. Show has some great art and direction, and is even well-written for the first half or so! Then the second half happens and it becomes increasingly apparent that it was as strong as it was because they front-loaded all of the source material's good chapters. Still, one of the better CGDCT anime

Cutie Honey Universe: Honey and Natsuko are in love! Then Natsuko dies and the whole thing falls apart. Like, not just the yuri, but the show as a whole. I'm pretty certain that that was the big climax most of the show was written to lead up to, since the rest of it just sorta happens without much direction. In the end, it has some neat moments, but I can't really recommend it, except maybe as a study project

Hisone & Masotan: Includes a tragic lesbian backstory. Fun dramedy that also has military shintou dragons. It's a weird show that's too far outside the normal frameworks for me to call it good or bad, but I enjoyed it, at least

Gun Gale Online: A fun action series who's main character appears to be attracting a lesbian harem. Like, I'm pretty certain the gymnastics team is collectively courting her? You don't give heart-shaped jewelry to a senpai you admire

joined Jan 1, 2014

Hisone & Masotan : Includes a tragic lesbian backstory Fun dramedy that also has military shintou dragons. It's a weird show that's too far outside the normal frameworks for me to call it good or bad, but I enjoyed it, at least

Good thing I dropped it before that then.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 8:28AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Hisone & Masotan : Includes a tragic lesbian backstory Fun dramedy that also has military shintou dragons. It's a weird show that's too far outside the normal frameworks for me to call it good or bad, but I enjoyed it, at least

Well, it's Mari Okada. That was expected.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

They changed a lot of things in Hanebado! there's more drama now but I was feeling quite awkward not knowing what they were doing! first there's that weird "lel let's go for the hotties that's what cute girls do xDDD" (At least our main character doesn't care about that at all) and then there's Nagisa being more awful than the manga to the point that I was expecting someone to hit her with a racket for being such an asshole... But at the end she realizes her mistakes, so I'm hoping she would apologize to the other members because if she doesn't I might want to keep going but only with the manga... Let's see how episode 2 goes first

Masotan? the other pilot was a jerk and when I saw the designs of the other characters I lost interest, they seemed so bland... And then of course you never know what Okada will do so no, thanks.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 3:17PM

joined Jan 1, 2014

Well, it's Mari Okada. That was expected.

Satomi Aria is too hard to resist.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, Hanebad is kinda radically different from the manga? Like, it covers roughly the same events as the first chapter of the manga, but the character focus, tone, and placement of events is all very different. Of relevance to this thread, the prologue prominently features a picture of a lesbian couple, and the story proper quickly establishes that the main character isn't interested in men. Not really sure what to think about this

joined Jan 1, 2014

So, Hanebad is kinda radically different from the manga? Like, it covers roughly the same events as the first chapter of the manga, but the character focus, tone, and placement of events is all very different. Of relevance to this thread, the prologue prominently features a picture of a lesbian couple, and the story proper quickly establishes that the main character isn't interested in men. Not really sure what to think about this

Isen't that a supposed to be a stepmom and her Danish step-daugther ??

And the older woman is the MCs mom?

Never read the manga, so don't know how accurate this is.

To reply you must either login or sign up.