Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Nov 30, 2011

Or you know, we actually like the story :P

I was trying to be dramatic but you had to go and ruin it! >_<

joined Mar 12, 2014

Anyone has that picture where chibi Yuzu was whining and snot came out of her nose? It's cute, I need it for a reason.Or just tell me the chapter and page TIA:)

last edited at May 5, 2014 3:36AM

joined Dec 12, 2013

Come on come on chapter 10 !!!
Woah this thread has almost 1000 reviews :P
Fuck yeah Citrus my fav <3

joined Jan 30, 2013

So I just reread some chapters and goodness, Mei's character development is such a mess. I remember thinking that she might've been emotionally damaged because she may or may not have been raped by that teacher and she kept coming onto Yuzu because she considered that normal and it was the only way she knew to deal with her new step sis, but nooo it had to be those stupid daddy issues. I can't believe that plotline got dropped so easily after Yuzu's "speech", you don't even get to know what happened to the teacher and so on. You'd think sexual assault on a student would have serious repercussions.
That plotline alone would've been enough to carry a story. It would have made for some intense character development, healing and learning to have normal relationships for Mei and maturing for Yuzu.
Or the thing with the chairman - simply stupid. It seems quite unrealistic to get expelled that easily and I swear that his sickness, seizure or whatever was one of, if nor the most convenient resolution ever in story telling.
Gosh, I didn't mean to write this much but this story make me sad or maybe even mad. There aren't a lot of great Yuri series's and Citrus could've been one of them. There's so much wasted potential and it could've been much, much better.
I guess I'll just keep reading for the fake drama and great art.

Edit: > This is a very promising start.
I wrote that a year ago and I couldn't have been more wrong, lol

last edited at May 10, 2014 8:30PM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

lol~ I'm reading it for the art for the most part (Mei is too pretty~, I wish I could draw characters like that). That, and some parts are sort of funny, aside from the sexual harassment.

last edited at May 10, 2014 10:00PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

That, and some parts are sort of funny, aside from the sexual harassment.

Yeah that's been a big issue with it for me but Yuzu seems to try and balance her attraction Mei with actually trying to help her with her problems. (That or I'm looking at the story through yuri-tinted goggles lol.)

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

So much angst, yet I find Mei completely unrelatable. I want Yuzu to bite off her throat in anger, not to kiss her.

Avatartumblr_mpvg8jhf141s7jg4vo1_500
joined Apr 9, 2014

Hey guys. This is really random but I've been wondering... How old are Mei and Yuzu? I'm assuming they're both first years in high school so here (in Brazil) they'd be 15-16, but I don't know how it works in Japan.

last edited at May 13, 2014 3:56PM

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

Hey guys. This is really random but I've been wondering... How old are Mei and Yuzu? I'm assuming they're both first years in high school so here (in Brazil) they'd be 15-16, but I don't know how it works in Japan.

I think it's the same with brazil 15-16 as well

joined Jul 17, 2013

OMG MOMOKINO IS SO CUTE AAAAAAA!!!!!!

Seriously, I'm in love with her. She's my fav character now.

Avatartumblr_mpvg8jhf141s7jg4vo1_500
joined Apr 9, 2014

Wow, Mei's expression on page 04 just killed me. I just can't deal with all that beauty of hers. <3

I think it's the same with brazil 15-16 as well

Thanks for answering. :)

last edited at May 14, 2014 8:26PM

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

All of Yumi's wishes with Sachiko has been done here:
1. To go to the amusement park AND ride the roller coaster together
2. To just lounge in the bed together
These two happened in the OVA

Next, the sports festival perhaps? Such as this!?:
Sachiko's V

I can't wait for more parallelism with a twist and extra fanservice xDDDD
#diehardMarimitefan

joined Apr 6, 2013

Haha, this was a fun special, though I'm kinda disappointed the amusement park didn't get its own chapter

Momokino and Yuzu have such a fun and rather heartwarming relationship I really want to ship all three, but MeiXYuzu is too strong. Maybe Harumi and Himeko will get closer or something.

This kind of chapter makes me hate the new girl a little bit more because while Yuzu and Himeko have jealousy towards each other they also seem to legitimately like each other.

last edited at May 14, 2014 9:13PM

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I must say, I am surprised at seeing this over 1000 now.

Other than that... Haven't seen much things from this author so I'm kind of sad now.
I need more angst and pervertedness and feels and cute reactions... kissing also.

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

A nap with Mei's harem.

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

I love this, sometimes with yuri manga you see that the author is trying to draw out the story in a way that just doesn't make sense, or is frustrating because you don't think the relationship is going anywhere... but this is so awesome, by far the best yuri manga I have read ever... though I suppose I have limited perspective on that I have already read all the other major yuri titles and so far I consider this one above all of them

I really like this one because it doesn't avoid that more serious tone. other manga try to throw in comedy and make it more fluffy, but I really like how this one started serious and stayed serious!! keep is serious!! :P

and even though Yuzu isn't as serious as Mei, I like how the author kind of found a balance between the extremely serious character (Mei) and the more open character (Yuzu) since a lot of other manga have the Yuzu type acting exceedingly stupid or oblivious

and though I hate waiting, I will gladly wait for this author's work!!

this also averages about 30 pagers per chapter which is great considering that some other series average 15

and I generally think that mangas that are greater than 30 chapters are too drawn out, unless they are REALLY well written. so I hope this avoids that... though to be honest the way the author is writing right now I probably wouldn't mind. just don't make it static or repetitive.

last edited at May 15, 2014 12:17AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I love this, sometimes with yuri manga you see that the author is trying to draw out the story in a way that just doesn't make sense, or is frustrating because you don't think the relationship is going anywhere... but this is so awesome, by far the best yuri manga I have read ever... though I suppose I have limited perspective on that I have already read all the other major yuri titles and so far I consider this one above all of them

I really like this one because it doesn't avoid that more serious tone. other manga try to throw in comedy and make it more fluffy, but I really like how this one started serious and stayed serious!! keep is serious!! :P

and even though Yuzu isn't as serious as Mei, I like how the author kind of found a balance between the extremely serious character (Mei) and the more open character (Yuzu) since a lot of other manga have the Yuzu type acting exceedingly stupid or oblivious

and though I hate waiting, I will gladly wait for this author's work!!

this also averages about 30 pagers per chapter which is great considering that some other series average 15

and I generally think that mangas that are greater than 30 chapters are too drawn out, unless they are REALLY well written. so I hope this avoids that... though to be honest the way the author is writing right now I probably wouldn't mind. just don't make it static or repetitive.

High Five fellow Citrus fan!

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Himeko looks actually pretty cute with her hair down~

Images%20(6)
joined Nov 16, 2013

Wow, over 1000, that's new. xD
In another hand~ This is so adorable lol
And yea, Himeko should just let her hair down more.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

1000 comments and 100,000 views.Kinda awesome. I also thought the roller coaster scene was way too funny.

942301_10151455987491840_2065344422_n
joined Aug 26, 2011

Awesome! 1000 comments you don't see that every day and waiting was for this series was worth it :)

Happy_Erichan
joined May 15, 2014

hello :) I'm new here :3 anyway, I really like Citrus. I look forward to the next chapter ^^ two thumbs up to Takemiya Jin~sensei! :D

joined Jul 17, 2013

hello :) I'm new here :3 anyway, I really like Citrus. I look forward to the next chapter ^^ two thumbs up to Takemiya Jin~sensei! :D

Ah, the author of this isn't Takemiya-sensei. It's Saburouta ; ;
Welcome to DR btw hehe

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Neeeeeeeeeext chapter please!!! >_<

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Before when making recommendations I would list a bunch of stuff. Starting from what I like to what others like. (e.g. "Oh you like insert topic here, well have you heard of insert appropriate title here)

But now, it's just Citrus. "Oh you want to know a really good yuri manga? It's called Citrus." I love how this series has not only great art, but everything else that makes a story a story rather than a fantasy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.