Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

457ef95337f8fd0a6078173d2c1b6e72
joined Mar 1, 2018

My keyboard enter button not working. It'll be helpful if you add like 'go' option on the search box. And the loading page is still super slow even-though i'm on 100Mbps. It's really frustrating.
And instead of one page how about going on all page. Like in sites like mangakakalot or mangapark ??
It's a lot of asking, but pls consider. Thanks.

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

My keyboard enter button not working. It'll be helpful if you add like 'go' option on the search box. And the loading page is still super slow even-though i'm on 100Mbps. It's really frustrating.

There is a page with a search button. I hope this helps: https://dynasty-scans.com/search :)

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I would like to suggest the addition of a Foe Yay tag.

joined Sep 23, 2017

Not sure if there is anything similar but we should have a self harm tag. drama or tragedy isn't good enough. It needs more of a warning for triggers.

I actually wanted to pop in here to say the exact same thing. Yuunagi Marbled should really have one, even if only for chapter 7. A couple of series in the past have brushed on the topic without necessarily calling for a tag, but it's a pretty graphic depiction in this case.

Thirding this. It seems like an important tag to be missing, given that it wouldn't fall under the "guro" or "abuse" tags (which are the closest approximation I can find), and the distressing nature of the content for at least some readers (especially when unexpected).

Is there any update or response for this?
It seems fairly important.
Was reminded because Yuunagi Marbled just updated again, and again showed self-harm scars.
It doesn't really fall under "Angst" and it'd be questionably under "Abuse", so...

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Why isn't lingerie a tag? It would be really useful.
I was also wondering if dakimakura and mother could be tags.

last edited at Mar 10, 2018 8:46AM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] we're not tagging just because it fit (we're not a -booru) as it's supposed to inform the user in a more meaningful way.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

[...] we're not tagging just because it fit (we're not a -booru) as it's supposed to inform the user in a more meaningful way.

Is that a reply to me?

joined Aug 16, 2014

Yes. Sorry, I thought I'd reply quoting our dynasty overlords, but I guess my intentions weren't clear there. I just wanted to point that Dynasty doesn't tag every single minutia. While "lingerie" is very relevant to my interests, what would you tag with Lingerie on Dynasty, for example? Stories that show lingerie? Stories that focus on lingerie? Elaborate lingerie?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Yes. Sorry, I thought I'd reply quoting our dynasty overlords, but I guess my intentions weren't clear there. I just wanted to point that Dynasty doesn't tag every single minutia. While "lingerie" is very relevant to my interests, what would you tag with Lingerie on Dynasty, for example? Stories that show lingerie? Stories that focus on lingerie? Elaborate lingerie?

I was thinking of using it for images. lol
We have a tag for swimsuits, so I don't see why not.

As for mother, I just want an easier way to find lesbian mothers. lol
That should be more common imo. I want a Citrus-like manga where the heroine's mother remarries another woman, no need for the protagonist's love interest to be the second mother's daughter.

joined Aug 16, 2014

As for mother, I just want an easier way to find lesbian mothers. lol
That should be more common imo. I want a Citrus-like manga where the heroine's mother remarries another woman

I'm not sure how common that would be, actually. I think we are doing fine with Age gap and Adult life. Which stories currently on the reader would you tag with mother? I myself can remember only two or three...

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

^Eh, I honestly don't know. But it's not like there aren't other tags that barely get any use but are still useful.

Also, I was wondering if screenshots (like this one) are allowed in the gallery.

I was also wondering if big image sets should go as chapters or as separate images if they get into the site, regardless of they're a continuous set or story or not, because I want to upload some (like Negom's Pixiv sets) to the site.

Edit: The Upload Request page says no licensed series, but obviously there are a lot of licensed series in the site, so how should I go about if I want an specific licensed series to be added to the site?

Edit 2: Also, can the Lillie x Protagonist be renamed to Lillie x Moon or Lillie x Mizuki? And replace the "Protagonist" word in all couple tags with Fate/GO's female protagonist with either Ritsuka or Gudako?

Edit 3: As my comment says:

There needs to be an Age switch tag.

last edited at Mar 13, 2018 3:20PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I know there is already the Teacher student tag, but what if there was a tag called Teacher? Y'know, for when there's a teacher but no student. Like teacher x teacher scenarios. There should also be an Age switch tag for posts like this one.

Edit: Scene parody would be good too.

last edited at Mar 14, 2018 8:48PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Also, I was wondering if screenshots (like this one) are allowed in the gallery.

Screenshots from games/anime/manga/etc. will not be uploaded to the images section for the time being.

I was also wondering if big image sets should go as chapters or as separate images if they get into the site, regardless of they're a continuous set or story or not, because I want to upload some (like Negom's Pixiv sets) to the site.

We're inconsistent about this. If you want the whole set, make one request with the whole set and we'll see.

Edit: The Upload Request page says no licensed series, but obviously there are a lot of licensed series in the site, so how should I go about if I want an specific licensed series to be added to the site?

So we have some informal ground rules about how licensed series are uploaded, but I'm not sure it makes any sense to go over all of them here. If a series is not already on the site before being licensed, its chances of being uploaded are significantly lessened. However, you're welcome to use the Upload Request page to request a licensed series - just be sure to mark it as being licensed so we can get through it more quickly.

Edit 2: Also, can the Lillie x Protagonist be renamed to Lillie x Moon or Lillie x Mizuki? And replace the "Protagonist" word in all couple tags with Fate/GO's female protagonist with either Ritsuka or Gudako?

I'll pass this onto drpepperfan, it's his decision.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

We're inconsistent about this. If you want the whole set, make one request with the whole set and we'll see.

Can the rest of the set for this post be uploaded to the gallery? I did give the link to the pixiv set, but only the first image was uploaded.
I was also wondering if I should give "mode=medium" page or the "mode=manga" one when requesting a set to be uploaded to the gallery. In the case of this set I did the former.

And what about the tags I suggested?

last edited at Mar 15, 2018 9:38PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Can the rest of the set for this post be uploaded to the gallery? I did give the link to the pixiv set, but only the first image was uploaded.

Gallery uploads are, as you can see, infrequent and in-bulk. We rarely upload multiple images from the same series/pairing/artist/etc. at once. I'll make sure the request for the other two images remains up. Unfortunately the Images section isn't really my field, so I can't guarantee anymore than that.

I was also wondering if I should give "mode=medium" page or the "mode=manga" one when requesting a set to be uploaded to the gallery. In the case of this set I did the former.

"mode=medium" is preferred.

And what about the tags I suggested?

We're pretty slow on implementing new things these days. Of the tags you suggested, there are a few that I'd be in support of, but this requires a longer discussion with other uploaders that probably won't be had for a few days (as I'm off this weekend). If any should be accepted, I'll be sure to write here again about it. Cheers

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

We need a Nozomi x Hime tag: https://dynasty-scans.com/images/8336

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This post needs a Matsuri x Yuzu tag: https://dynasty-scans.com/images/2058

And back to this image, I know it's the literal translation of the original name, and from before the anime came out, but why does the site use "Centaur's Worries" instead of the official translation "A Centaur's Life"? I mean, we use the official translation "Kuroko's Basketball" instead of "The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays". lol

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

juanelric posted:

This post needs a Matsuri x Yuzu tag: https://dynasty-scans.com/images/2058

And back to this image, I know it's the literal translation of the original name, and from before the anime came out, but why does the site use "Centaur's Worries" instead of the official translation "A Centaur's Life"?

You just answered yourself. Also not always official translation means better translation. While "A Centaur's Life" give you impression that it is a slice of life series about Centar, I like the original title better because it is less generic and have more charm. Also it makes sense in context of original one shot which was about Hime worrying about something, not just her everyday life.

I mean, we use the official translation "Kuroko's Basketball" instead of "The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays". lol

No clue where you got that from "Kuroko no Basuke" means Kuroko's Basketball, so both scanlations and official ones are using translation of original tittle.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I would like to suggest the addition of a Foe Yay tag.

Hmm, maybe.

Why isn't lingerie a tag? It would be really useful.
I was also wondering if dakimakura and mother could be tags.

No to the first two, Maybe to Mother

There needs to be an Age switch tag.

No, there doesn't need to be.

I know there is already the Teacher student tag, but what if there was a tag called Teacher? Y'know, for when there's a teacher but no student. Like teacher x teacher scenarios. There should also be an Age switch tag for posts like this one.

Edit: Scene parody would be good too.

Most likely not for teacher. If anything, it might be better to just change Student / Teacher to just Teacher. And we have a parody tag, scene parody would be pointless.

Can the rest of the set for this post be uploaded to the gallery?

No thanks.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Most likely not for teacher. If anything, it might be better to just change Student / Teacher to just Teacher. And we have a parody tag, scene parody would be pointless.

Ok

No thanks.

Why not?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Ok

No thanks.

Why not?

Not interested.

BTW, please stop repeatedly requesting the same works over and over.

last edited at Mar 19, 2018 4:26PM

joined Oct 18, 2017

Why not create a Poll to determine the best ONE SHOT !! Maybe every vote we can donate a dollar or something and the prize money can be send to the winner. Maybe the ONE SHOT can get a Sequel or got turn it onto series. I think everybody would like that. I apologize if i'm posted this at the wrong thread/time/site.Sorry for the bad english .

The easiest way would be to support the artist directly instead of just reading their work on a website that steals it.

Unfortunately most of them would probably refuse such a donation anyway. The best way to get a continuation of something you love is to buy that work and hope that others do the same, and telling the artist of your support doesn't hurt either.

last edited at Mar 26, 2018 2:17PM by

joined Oct 18, 2017

Ok , i tried to do that , thank's for the advice..

joined Mar 8, 2016

Lately the scan sizes have gotten pretty out of hand, IMO. I dont know why you'd need scans that huge on a desktop but its definitely murder on mobile devices. Even on wifi each page loads at what seems like dial-up speeds and that can't be good for your bandwidth to serve such huge files that, lets face it, 90% of users are going to look at for a few seconds and click next.

Anyway, thats my long-winded way of asking if we can improve this - maybe keep the gargantuan resolution files to the chapter downloads, or have the resize button pull a smaller version of the file instead of DLing the whole thing and having the browser do the resize?

To reply you must either login or sign up.