Forum › A Girl In Ultramarine discussion

Policeeverybreathyoutakesingles
joined Oct 27, 2013

Well that was enjoyable... kinda sad, but enjoyable!

Download
joined Aug 30, 2013

Nice ! Great ! That was AWESOME ! Should do it in Series~ pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

How common is this forced marr-- I mean arranged marriage in japan?

Anyways... I felt like gauging my eyes out when the story ended with no answer... I really hate cliffhanger-ish endings.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Damnit I need MOAR

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Love it♥ I hope there is a sequel.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

this is awesome! I too want a sequel

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Two depressing scenarios cancel each other out, I guess

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

Wow that was really goooood

joined Mar 12, 2014

Ahh I love Momono Moto author..
Who want to bet there's gonna be a sequel?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was interesting and fairly unique. Ended hopefully - I think she might say yes? not sure..

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Horrible. What is with that marriage bullshit? Just marrying some random guy because....well because DRAMA!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Anyways... I felt like gauging my eyes out when the story ended with no answer... I really hate cliffhanger-ish endings.

Yeah, you see it crop up in quite a lot of manga / anime - and while they arn't forced marriages to the extent in happens in some parts of the world, it still kinda is if there is emotional blackmail and lots of family expectations and pressure.. Very sad..

As for how common, I don't really know but Im guessing arranged marriages are a lot less common now in japan - its probably more just a bit of badgering by your mum, or her trying to set up the odd omiai.

It might be more common to be more arranged in upper class / rich / big business type familys?

As for cliffhanger - I was fine it ending there - it was about suzu falling in love mostly- and the end of the other 2 girls relationship - and i think without more to go on it seems they WILL hook up- it seems to be implied in the pannel - Chimi is crying - and says suzu is so dazzling - dosn't seem a negative thing - and the vertical text says 'love starts in a dazzling flash' and the last pannel says tomorrow morning will be brilliant too.

last edited at Apr 27, 2014 5:36AM

Kain_o_insano
joined May 25, 2012

Horrible. What is with that marriage bullshit? Just marrying some random guy because....well because DRAMA!

Actually it's "because... family!" I don't know much about Japan, but I know that their families are very important, to the point where women accept a arranged marriage for the sake of the family.
As for how often it happens I don't know, but I strongly believe that it isn't as often as in manga, that's for sure (although in the past arranged marriage was extremely common).

It might be more common to be more arranged in upper class / rich / big business type families?

I think that it probably is the case, since the families with more wealth are, usually, the ones that are more patriarchal.

last edited at Apr 27, 2014 5:03AM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Well for asian parents, arranged marriage isn't that uncommon. This is happening to my sister's friend actually, having to meet rich guys because she doesn't have a boy friend. That's why I'm scared my parents are gonna do that to me as well when I grow up (;_;)
I enjoy reading this. Don't know how's the ending but at least MC got to confess. Hope for sequel.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

It happens but not that common anymore.
Which makes me wonder why it is still so popular to use in Yuri stories. Yes, it is a very easy way to generate drama but it also destroys the characters. When was the last time the girl just said "Fuck you. I am going to life with my girlfriend!" in a yuri story? Seemingly strong female characters suddenly follow every command their mother/father gives them.

Magikarp___karpador_by_maoshizuo-d5z8ufw
joined Apr 10, 2014

well.....
That was beautiful! just beautiful! I tell ya!
this needs a sequel...

joined Apr 9, 2014

This is like me watching over my real life girl-girl ship :o

Images%20(6)
joined Nov 16, 2013

It's very common, specially in a traditional family. it's not just Japan, other countries have it too.
I'm one of them, tho i'm not Japanese. xD, ofc i don't want it, but like the manga says, "There are a lot of things one cannot escape from, that one can do nothing about." It's honestly sad, but it cant be helped. really.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

It happens but not that common anymore.
Which makes me wonder why it is still so popular to use in Yuri stories. Yes, it is a very easy way to generate drama but it also destroys the characters. When was the last time the girl just said "Fuck you. I am going to life with my girlfriend!" in a yuri story? Seemingly strong female characters suddenly follow every command their mother/father gives them.

If irl yuri counts one of my friends did that.......oh but i do remember this one yuri where one of the girls brothers was gay and they managed to get out of it by sham-marrying each others partners hurray for sham marriages!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

It's very common, specially in a traditional family. it's not just Japan, other countries have it too.
I'm one of them, tho i'm not Japanese. xD, ofc i don't want it, but like the manga says, "There are a lot of things one cannot escape from, that one can do nothing about." It's honestly sad, but it cant be helped. really.

no it really isn't, it only happens in very few families (aka the one still living 100 years in the past), sure the mother will try to set up the kid with a guy but that's really just formality, they don't have to go and if they do they do not have to go on any more dates than the one

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

oh but i do remember this one yuri where one of the girls brothers was gay and they managed to get out of it by sham-marrying each others partners hurray for sham marriages!

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/wedding_bells_are_ringing

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

This is like me watching over my real life girl-girl ship :o

Same here. I remember my most intense fangirling over one of my blonde groupmate in a minor class. At first i just thought that her brunette friend was just waiting for her. But then it went on for every meeting we've had, then I just started on stealthily observing them. Noticed that they're always together, and with my yuri goggles and gaydar, I definitely believe that there's more to their friendship. Kyaa~~

Those times became my sole motivation to attend that boring class, because the sight of them gave me joys and fluffy feelings. And like Suzu, I kind of developed a crush to the brunette friend. I haven't seen them again since the uni's so big. Though aotm, I'm still shipping strangers like a boss. My life became more colorful since then. xD

Dd
joined Sep 22, 2013

That was nice, yes, I enjoyed it. In a first time, looking at Chimi and Eri made me think of the protagonists of "Stretch". Ow, that manga...
Suzu was amazing with her proposal XD

06198ea848e13a290fe7a6a3314d5a8c
joined Feb 1, 2013

That was nice, yes, I enjoyed it. In a first time, looking at Chimi and Eri made me think of the protagonists of "Stretch". Ow, that manga…

They do look alike… I like it -w-

Suzu was amazing with her proposal XD

She is dazzling after all!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I love these yuri trains lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.