Forum › New Game discussion

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

Cute little chapter. But that fanservice of Momo and Aoba was really nice.

joined Feb 21, 2018

It was for story reasons, though, and I much prefer the author feel they have the freedom to evolve the story instead of falling into the ever-so-common manga trap of not wanting to change anything about the formula for fear of losing popularity, leading to things starting to stagnate.

Personally it just feels like a subtraction than an evolution. I just feel like they could have had Kou go to a different developer in Japan so that the other characters can change as the work environment shifts but Kou could still show up and hang out from time to time. Would have liked to see her interact more with Momo and Naru before her derpature. And of course it cut the potential yuri content in half.

joined May 23, 2015

It's still been barely any time since she left, so it's tough to say what the author has in store. Maybe her being constantly present would have somehow impeded what he wanted to focus on next. Maybe her still being casually around would have subverted what he wanted to tell with her leaving.

People leave companies and never come back all the time, after all, and maybe he wanted to show the experience of the ones left behind, and how they deal with losing a close colleague, a role model, an instructor. There's already been a bit of that with Momiji seeking out Hotaru; that's something she wouldn't have been likely to do if Yagami was still around for her to learn from.

So I wouldn't be so quick to label it entirely subtractive. It would only be subtractive if the characters are static and unchanging, which has never been the case in New Game.

joined Feb 21, 2018

I have never been a fan of the idea that just because a classmate graduates, moves away or a colleague gets a different job that they all of the sudden cut ties with the characters left behind. It's a trope I personally am not fond of and is probably why I'm just not enjoying it happening to Kou despite it having an actual realistic reason, moving to a different continent.

Until I see where the author is going I can't help but feel it being a subtraction, especially on the yuri front, and when we do finally see the story unfold it's going to be hard not to think of what if Kou had been present the whole time.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

My theory has always been that Kou needed to be gone, at least temporarily, to make room for one of the other characters—I assumed Aoba—to come to the fore (at least in terms of character development, if not necessarily in the official company hierarchy). But so far it seems to be the usual meandering herd of cuteness.

As others have suggested, maybe the next game project will show what the larger plan, if any, might be.

last edited at Feb 22, 2018 11:40AM

joined May 23, 2015

You can not be a fan of it all you like, but it's a real thing that really happens all the time, and it makes perfect sense in this situation, even if she hadn't moved to a different continent. Every character outside of Rin had a purely business relationship with Yagami, so it seems perfectly normal that Rin's the only one she'd keep in contact with. Even if she'd stayed local, it seems unlikely she'd actually meet up with anyone outside of work. Especially with how much of a workaholic she is. And because she never did that even when they worked together.

And I wouldn't be so quick to judge the plot, as it's still in the interval. The next part of the plot hasn't even started yet. It's entirely possible that the next part will be something that could never have even happened if Yagami had been around.

joined Feb 21, 2018

I never said it didn't make sense, I said the opposite in fact. I just said that I didn't like it and I think it detracts from the story by cutting out perfectly good characters. I liked Kou so I don't like the fact that she left. I don't have to see the end of a story to not like the parts leading up to it. If you like it and can justify it to yourself then that's good, but for me I wished it had been different. And once again I don't like how much it detracts from the yuri.

And besides I don't get why you are claiming she wasn't close with her other coworkers despite the fact that they all showed up to the airport and cried as she departed. That makes it seem that they were closer than just coworkers.

last edited at Feb 22, 2018 11:48AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kou not being around is not a big deal for me, specially not after introducing 2 (or 3) new characters in the mix... I think that's a big character development. What I would like to see or hear is more of those long distance calls with Rin.

Another character that evolved too was Hifumin, enough to be in charge and deal with Kou's absence... Now is time for Aoba to deal with problems on her own, or well, not on her own but with her team.

Marion Diabolito posted:

and of the spares, you can pair Yun and Hajime.

ExcuUUUuuUUUUuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUse me????? Did you just called my favorite pair "spares"? ??? isn't this a baneable offense? mods pls, get in here

joined May 23, 2015

And besides I don't get why you are claiming she wasn't close with her other coworkers despite the fact that they all showed up to the airport and cried as she departed. That makes it seem that they were closer than just coworkers.

Excepting Rin, that was the first time any of them had ever interacted with her in any way outside of a work environment. And she didn't keep in touch with any of them. Making me doubtful she would have met up with any of them even had she left for a more local company. Especially given her lifestyle.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Excepting Rin, that was the first time any of them had ever interacted with her in any way outside of a work environment. And she didn't keep in touch with any of them. Making me doubtful she would have met up with any of them even had she left for a more local company. Especially given her lifestyle.

And that's one of those what-ifs I was talking about. We will never know because there is a planet between them now. Besides, if what you say is true then why would it matter if she worked at another Japanese company and not in France? At least then I could get me my dose of yuri.

last edited at Feb 22, 2018 1:05PM

joined May 23, 2015

From what I gather, mainly because the author really liked France, picking it after going there on vacation.

Either way, she WILL be back. He's stated several times that she isn't leaving the story. Let other characters have a chance to shine for a bit and be self-sufficient.

Maybe when she comes back, the time she spent away will have changed her or the others in a way that causes even more yuri.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Well, until that happens I will be a little disappointed with every chapter without her.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Nene with the milk mustache got a big snort of laughter from me.

Can someone explain why Naru's mother keeps calling her "Tsubame"? Did I completely miss something there?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Kou not being around is not a big deal for me, specially not after introducing 2 (or 3) new characters in the mix... I think that's a big character development. What I would like to see or hear is more of those long distance calls with Rin.

Another character that evolved too was Hifumin, enough to be in charge and deal with Kou's absence... Now is time for Aoba to deal with problems on her own, or well, not on her own but with her team.

Marion Diabolito posted:

ExcuUUUuuUUUUuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUse me????? Did you just called my favorite pair "spares"? ??? isn't this a baneable offense? mods pls, get in here

:) sorry, sorry. They're married in Kami-sama's eyes already.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Can someone explain why Naru's mother keeps calling her "Tsubame"? Did I completely miss something there?

鳴海 ツバメ Narumi Tsubame so Naru, Narucchi, etc. are nicknames based on her FAMILY name. The person that calls her Narumi-san is just doing the normal with names. Her personal name is, in fact, Tsubame, or "swallow (bird)" and, apparently, she's not fond of it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Marion Diabolito posted:

Marion Diabolito posted:

:) sorry, sorry. They're married in Kami-sama's eyes already.

And they'll have science babies and they deserve their own spin off !!!

joined Mar 22, 2017

Kou absent doesn’t bother me lethargic much. In fact it left room for another character to grow. (Even Kou herself) Which I think it’s good for the story.

Also I want to see Hifumi scolding Aoba :3

last edited at Feb 22, 2018 8:32PM

joined May 23, 2015

鳴海 ツバメ Narumi Tsubame so Naru, Narucchi, etc. are nicknames based on her FAMILY name. The person that calls her Narumi-san is just doing the normal with names. Her personal name is, in fact, Tsubame, or "swallow (bird)" and, apparently, she's not fond of it.

And it would be really odd for family members to call each other by their family name. Since they all share the same one. No one would have any idea who anyone was talking to.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm not sure what does this mean... But I hope it means what I think it mean

joined Mar 22, 2017

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXFnNheUQAAjhyk.jpg
I'm not sure what does this mean... But I hope it means what I think it mean

Let me guess. I think this should be Rin go visit Kou at France. And if this really a case... that mean more KouxRin Moment!

last edited at Mar 1, 2018 9:33AM by Nezchan

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I'm not crying. You're crying.

joined Mar 22, 2017

Bunch of quality Naru content indeed.
That Loli Naru on the first page! >\<

“I going to tell Naru how I feel”
That look really like love confession. XD

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

FrostBurn posted:

They're like a married couple already anyways!

joined Mar 22, 2017

FrostBurn posted:

They're like a married couple already anyways!

They sure is!
Naru surely got a lot of her well deserved character development in this arc. :3

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

the dad is my favorite character XD its unlikely but i hope his arrow show up from time to time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.