Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks! Fixed.

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

This is an inquiry rather than a suggestion, I apologize for placing it here but would there be Frozen doujins to come or are you open to them being on here?

joined Mar 12, 2014

Are we allowed to make upload suggestions? I don't know if there are designated uploaders, but I thought http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/murcielago-r10880 would be a nice addition to this site. Or do you need permission from the scanlators first?

Look at the "Upload Requests" page under your user menu to the upper right. The page mentions that permission has not been granted from: CXC Scans, Doujin-Moe, Hotcakes, Midnight Scans, Starry Heaven, Yurikai. Since Murcielago is being done by CXC, they won't be able to upload it here.

Awwhh that's too bad then:'( it would be great if it can be uploaded here

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

A previous/next tab at the upper part of the image under the Images, instead of just having it at the bottom, might be a good thing for those with two or more parts so as to save us from reading in unintentionally wrong order....though this will basically a redundant button, but it'll surely help

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Can we have a "source link / release post" textbox in the tags suggestion page?

last edited at Apr 22, 2014 3:46AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

http://dynasty-scans.com/images/1258

"bight red" someone in /u/ pointed out the error, uploading fixed version.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/images/1258

"bight red" someone in /u/ pointed out the error, uploading fixed version.

Gonna hold off on this one for a tiny bit to see if I can avoid re-uploading it for a third time. Will be resolved by the end of the week, at the very least. Sorry for the delay -_-;

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Cleaned up, thanks. Leaving takamura12 at the moment because I know we have something of theirs in the queue.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

So, who do I talk to for upload delays? This shit is getting unacceptable.

However, we do have a list of groups who do NOT want to be uploaded here:
CXC Scans, Doujin-Moe, Hotcakes, Midnight Scans, Starry Heaven, Yurikai

Gee, I wonder why.

last edited at Apr 24, 2014 2:02AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

Well, I agree the posts there were pretty rude. Maybe you could hash something out on the IRC channel. Do hope you'll reconsider though. "Everybody get along."

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Can we have a "source link / release post" textbox in the tags suggestion page?

Yea, sounds like a good idea.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

So, who do I talk to for upload delays? This shit is getting unacceptable.

What is unacceptable about it? All chapters are uploaded as quickly as possible, unless an upload delay was requested by the group.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013
Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

I would like to have the download limit changed from 8 per 24 hours to something like 24 per 72 hours. That way it wouldn't penalize people for only checking for new mangas every few days instead of every day. I always use the scanlator's own site to download chapters when available, but problems arise when they're not.

Also, oftentimes I discover an old manga series that can't be obtained elsewhere because:
- the scanlator is dead,
- the scanlator doesn't have a site, or
- the scanlator doesn't have download links
and there are no Usenet posts or torrents available. In these situations the 8 DL limit is reached very quickly.

Maybe make it so you can normally download any 8 files per day, but for files without a "Release Post" link you could download more as long as you are still under the 24 files per 3 days limit?

Concerning the Release post link, for Team 11x2 scanlations it links to the original language version on Pixiv. This is not very useful, and should be changed if you decide to have the existence of the link affect the available downloads. (Maybe introduce a new "Original language version" link.)

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I can't really reply to the download limit part, as it's not my area. I do have a couple things to say though.

Also, oftentimes I discover an old manga series that can't be obtained elsewhere because:
- the scanlator is dead,
- the scanlator doesn't have a site, or
- the scanlator doesn't have download links

The idea of a Dynasty-run torrent or some off-site download hosting for certain groups has been thrown around, but neither has seen much follow-through. If you're interested in listing some groups that are more difficult to download from, I'd be happy to provide the latter option for them.

Concerning the Release post link, for Team 11x2 scanlations it links to the original language version on Pixiv.

For scanlation teams that a) lack download links and/or b) send us files directly; we've been awfully inconsistent with what we put in the release post section - sometimes a Pixiv link, sometimes the original release post, sometimes mediafire, etc. (This also applies to /a/ and /u/ releases). Sometime in the next week or so, I'll head back and eliminate Pixiv links where possible, as the release post/download option are both more important.

(Maybe introduce a new "Original language version" link.)

That's actually kind of a cool idea, though likely not worth the effort.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

There is no particularly good option when it comes to "release post" linking where is there is no actual release post. Linking to a 4chan post is useless, and as you say, linking to the untranslated Pixiv comic is also not very helpful. Linking to Mediafire or another DDL is redundant, but probably our best option because it lets you download the chapter without drawing on your download limit and stressing Dynasty's bandwidth.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Not sure whether this should go here or not, but I'm pretty sure the mature warning for Aoki Mitsue's "Sweet Room" ought to be placed at the beginning rather than end to be of use... ^^

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Normally we don't really need mature content warnings because our tags cover that, and we'd prefer to leave pages ordered the way they were released by the scanlator. But since Lili's warnings usually go at the front, fixed.

joined May 10, 2011

Not sure how difficult this would be to implement, and I know there is a random chapter button on the main site. Could we have a button or link that would display a list of approximately 10 random series/oneshots. Here are some reasons I think this makes sense.

-Lower bandwidth usage, since you don't have to reload all the homepage images
-Faster than having to wait for page to load to refresh for a single random chapter
-Prevents getting a bunch of random chapters of the same few series, since there are a few very long series that displace oneshots and such.

Its just a thought, but I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to implement, and I know I would use it, and I figure others would too.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Minor, I guess, but a couple typos/inconsistencies in the latest uploads:
Series name: Yuuka vs Byakruen
Part 1: Yuka(?) vs Byakuren
Part 2: Yuka(?) vs Byakruen

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Minor, I guess, but a couple typos/inconsistencies in the latest uploads:
Series name: Yuuka vs Byakruen
Part 1: Yuka(?) vs Byakuren
Part 2: Yuka(?) vs Byakruen

Fixed. For some reason Gaku Gaku called those doujins Yuka vs and not Yuuka vs, so for the sake of accuracy I called it that. But I changed the series name to Yuuka so we could have both. Not a perfect solution, but eh.

last edited at May 2, 2014 7:14PM

TsundereChan
Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

There seems to be a spammer on this thread. http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/4557-witches-no-panties-discussion
I posted it here because I see no other threads with admins. Do delete this post after you deal with it.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

uploaded:
(C84) [CITRON (Yamada Ako)] HomuMado Short Story Collection (English) (scan by /u/)

In case anyone wonders, the middle panel in page 10 is read left to right in the original raw too, anon did a fix version, so I uploaded that with the alt link as well.

anyone wonders you can find them here:

translated with author's error
http://www.mediafire.com/download/97hxcfi1zn03g32/
http://exhentai.org/g/699066/0ceae4aaf7/

anon fixed version
http://www.mediafire.com/download/74h4b3aecarumsv/
http://exhentai.org/g/699089/d5396f50cf/

anon had to cut off the stuffed bunny's head in half to fix the page

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Oh, neat. Citron is so lovable.

anyone wonders you can find them here:

translated with author's error
http://www.mediafire.com/download/97hxcfi1zn03g32/
http://exhentai.org/g/699066/0ceae4aaf7/

I think we'll stick with the original, whatever the issue may be.

Red_river_rerrr
joined May 18, 2014

Hey guys, I'm new here. :D I'm moose, mangaka extraordinaire. (Even though I'm an american, so I should actually be considered a comic book artist. :P) I'm currently working on a yuri manga which I hope to post on this site actually, once I get these damned chapters (1-3) finished. It is of the yuri/action/horror/psychological thriller/supernatural genres. (Although my name seems manly enough, NO I'm NOT a guy, just a man trapped in a woman's body....O.o) Anywho, I joined this actually, because I'm a frequent visitor of this site, for I LOVE yuri with all my heart and soul. I just so happened to see this thread, and I just HAD to say something. So here I am. :D As for my suggestions:

1. AKUMA NO RIDDLE
  2. CITRUS!!!CITRUS!!!CIRTUS!!!
  3. MONDLICHT

UPDATE THEM FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS YURI PLEASE! Find some people that can translate some raws for these, for I grow weary and tired of waiting for them....ESPECIALLY Mondlicht. Where is the yuri progression? How could one know if they take FOREVERS to translate and upload?!
.....Yeah that pretty much sums it up for me right there. :D

last edited at May 18, 2014 5:45AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.