Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

No idea if this has been suggested before, but I think the method for uploading images in forums should be a bit easier. If there were just a little button or prompt for uploading an image into your comment somewhere, I think it would be a lot more user-friendly. Obviously, I understand if the request is turned down for fear of mis-use/spamming and other such unpleasantries. But it's just something I would like.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Why can the blacklist field only have 5 items in it?

I was going to solve my fanfiction-aversion with brute force. I was going to find the top twenty most popular derivative-work doujin subjects and blacklist them all so that I would only ever see series and Original Doujins. But no, only five items in the field.

I'm not asking the mods to put an "original" tag on every series and Original Doujin. I'm just asking for a larger blacklist so I can brute-force a clean search on my own.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

I think one valid reason to have only a small number of fields would be the performance of the server. Adding a lot of work due to multiple exclusion tags would affect that.

I think a better solution would be to have a separate item that described each chapter's origin:

• original published work
  • official derivative work, like in anthologies
  • original doujin (+ doujin that is derivative of original doujin)
  • fandom doujin

Each user would be able to set which of these they wanted to see (both permanent default setting, and per-search).

EDIT: Maybe even add a fifth category:

• published work that was originally original doujin

to make classification easier.

EDIT2: Just came up with a way to implement this without drastic changes to the system: Add invisible tags like "original work", "doujin", "original doujin", "fandom doujin", that you could use in search or exclusion fields. (I first thought of "non-original doujin" as one of them, but pattern matching would match that even if you searched for "original doujin".)

last edited at Nov 11, 2017 5:34PM

joined Nov 14, 2017

Series finale tag to mark the final chapter of a particular series, making the 'completed' status visible from the tags alone, without the need to go to the manga page.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 4:27PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Zy posted:

Series finale tag to mark the final chapter of a particular series, making the 'completed' status visible from the tags alone, without the need to go to the manga page.

Actually series status seems to be a tag to begin with so all it'd require is a change to whether or not the tag is displayed in the series' tag list.

joined Apr 2, 2011

Is there a thread for announcements for (official) English published yuri manga? If there isn't there should be - and it should be stickied.

How it would work is, every time a new volume comes out (or is about to come out, with publication date given), the first one who spots it would make a post in the thread. That way others would find out (before it goes out of print).

I like to buy most yuri manga that comes out in English. Only it gets bothersome to search thru the whole list of my favourite yuri mangakas on a bookstore's page every few months.

And I'm sorry if I missed the thread - tried googling "site:dynasty-scans.com english published manga", but found only series-specific threads and the general manga thread.

last edited at Nov 15, 2017 12:28PM

joined Aug 28, 2017

Would it be possible to allow users to hide tags? Not black list them but just make it so they are not visible.
For example if I hid the tragedy tag, I would still see stories that were tagged as tragedy. I just wouldn't know that they were.
I only ask because I feel like lots of stories are spoiled by reading the tags.

Zopfli_profile
joined Feb 29, 2016

Can you add page navigation using WASD, as you'd use the arrow keys? I'm left-handed and like to use my laptop from bed with one hand, which makes flipping pages a little awkward.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
joined Apr 2, 2011

"Keiko and Fuuko and the End of the World" by Sakamoto Mano, currently listed as a Yuri Hime one-shot, is also part of the anthonogy "Dark, Marsh, Nightwood".

The correct part ordering (for parts currently present on Dynasty) is:
1. Wicked Girl
3. Keiko and Fuuko and the End of the World
4. Dark, Marsh, Nightwood
5. A Date with Suwako-san

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

is there some sort of notification system for uploads letting us know when the request has been viewed, or at least that it has been recieved? related: how long does it usually take for manga chapters to be uploaded after submission?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

is there some sort of notification system for uploads letting us know when the request has been viewed, or at least that it has been recieved? related: how long does it usually take for manga chapters to be uploaded after submission?

There's no system like that, no, I don't think it would be possible to be set up. And generally it would be within the first 24 hours or within a week, but that's certainly not ironclad. Sometimes things get lost in a wave of requests, sometimes people are just busy, etc.

In regards to your request btw, you weren't sure if the original scanlator had dropped it or not, so I gave them a message, and they said they haven't yet. You mentioned to let you know about it, but I didn't really have the means to contact you specifically. If you want me to give you the details to talk to the original scanlator about it, pop into the Dynasty Discord and I can hook you up with the info.

Jun%20happinessq
joined Jan 1, 2018

maybe if the doujin rescaled to lighter size it will be easier for some readers

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Would it be possible to change the "Discuss this chapter" button in the toolbar above the chapter reader view to link to the first unread post of the thread (if the user is logged in; or just to the last page if there are no unread posts), rather than the first page? Very often, I read the latest chapter and want to see what others say about it, but that link is only useful when it's a one-shot without a previous discussion. If it's an existing thread for a series, I have to go to the forum, find the corresponding thread, and click on it to get to the first unread post. Streamlining this with a button would be a great convenience function IMO...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Koveras posted:

Would it be possible to change the "Discuss this chapter" button in the toolbar above the chapter reader view to link to the first unread post of the thread (if the user is logged in; or just to the last page if there are no unread posts), rather than the first page? Very often, I read the latest chapter and want to see what others say about it, but that link is only useful when it's a one-shot without a previous discussion. If it's an existing thread for a series, I have to go to the forum, find the corresponding thread, and click on it to get to the first unread post. Streamlining this with a button would be a great convenience function IMO...

If you install the Dynasty Thingifier userscript from the Dynasty Userscripts thread it actually adds that exact link.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

If you install the Dynasty Thingifier userscript from the Dynasty Userscripts thread it actually adds that exact link.

It does? I have never figured out how to "install" JavaScript files, though. :-/

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Koveras posted:

It does? I have never figured out how to "install" JavaScript files, though. :-/

The op for the thread has instructions. On Chrome or Firefox (I think the new version of Opera as well) you just need to install the Tampermonkey extension and then it will let you install the Thingifier.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I think one valid reason to have only a small number of fields would be the performance of the server. Adding a lot of work due to multiple exclusion tags would affect that.

I think a better solution would be to have a separate item that described each chapter's origin:

• original published work
  • official derivative work, like in anthologies
  • original doujin (+ doujin that is derivative of original doujin)
  • fandom doujin

Each user would be able to set which of these they wanted to see (both permanent default setting, and per-search).

EDIT: Maybe even add a fifth category:

• published work that was originally original doujin

to make classification easier.

EDIT2: Just came up with a way to implement this without drastic changes to the system: Add invisible tags like "original work", "doujin", "original doujin", "fandom doujin", that you could use in search or exclusion fields. (I first thought of "non-original doujin" as one of them, but pattern matching would match that even if you searched for "original doujin".)

I agree with every word of this.

And speaking of that, it would be nice if there was some way to approve of, upvote, or agree with posts other than quoting the whole thing and posting "me2". I can see why you wouldn't want the opposite, because some people feel bullied by downvotes, and sometimes that's even valid. But some way to mark a good/useful/insightful/funny post does nothing but celebrate good posters.

joined Oct 6, 2017

Hey guys, i made an application for Dynasty Scans and it's at alpha stage atm.
i made a new topic about this but i think no one have seen it yet. i really want some feedback and want to know if it's worth continue developing it but at this state i'm making app only for myself which is not fun :(

plez check it out: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/13302-dynasty-scans-mobile-application

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Seems like an odd oversight but is there any reason we can suggest status: ongoing and other status tags to be removed but can't suggest they get added?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

We can.

?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:

We can.

?

It doesn't show up in the autocomplete for me and if you just type it in manually then it doesn't actually accept it when you click submit.

joined Sep 6, 2015

It does not appear in the autocomplete, that much is true for me too. But I just typed it in manually an hour ago (requested a 'completed' status on a work), and it went through just fine. Is currently pending until dpf goes over it.

last edited at Jan 19, 2018 9:39PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

That's really strange then cause I requested a status: complete tag for a chapter too and it wouldn't go through.

joined Sep 6, 2015

I did not request it for a chapter, but the work as a whole (3 chapters long). Maybe that is the issue?

To reply you must either login or sign up.