Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Aw man, i've been trying really hard to convince myself to get Sonic Forces despite knowing very well that the level design looked like crap, but since we only had 1 Modern stage footage i had hopes
Well, the game leaked and what i got to see from the stream is so dumbed down compared to Generations it's unbelievable, guess i'll just get Gravity Rush 2 instead
At least the OST has some good stuff

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Anyone read any exciting yuri VNs lately? I'm currently reading Kinder Sprits on the Roof and it's cute and I'm almost finished with it. Any reccomendations for what I should try next?

Kind of VN with extra gameplay, but 100% Yuri:
Black Closet
You are the president of the student council in a prestigous academy. You control minions to assure things don#t go horribly wrong in your year of graduation. Also you can date your minions :] Unlockable artwork in two different artsets, that have their unique charm.

Brillant Shadows - Part One of the Book of Grey Magic
is about a lesbian being unrequitedly in love with her best friend and finding new love. There's a het side couple, but I found the lesbian storyline very enjoyable. It's always there, but the game is not a romance VN, more focused on the main story, but with full voice acting.

Hustle Cat
is also cool. It's not 100% Yuri though, but can be 100% gay if you want xD You can date two girls and four guys and play either as a girl or a guy. Artwork changes depending on what character you chose. There's a lot of artwork to unlock and the girl's routes are very cute. I adore Mason! (muscles and cuteness xD)

last edited at Oct 27, 2017 3:31PM

joined May 12, 2015

Just finished Blackberry Honey. Though I had read only one other ebi-hime VN before, being Once Upon a Windswept Night which certainly wasn't bad but not particularly interesting, I did not expect such quality. Blackberry Honey is by far my favorite Visual Novel, though I haven't read too many, especially more mainstream affair such as Fruit of Grisaia. Well written, distinct and interesting characters, and H scenes that don't go too far (the dialogue for them is closer to more typical affair and almost out of place, but leagues better than most). Do yourself a favor and purchase this game, put the text on auto mode, sit back (or otherwise) and enjoy the roller coaster.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

So Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon leaked
Jesus fuck I hate this, making Lusamine not evil reeks of "well players want to waif her but they also dont like that she abused her child......fire up the retcon cannon!"
it just changes the story for the worse horribly, I LIKED Lusamine as a villain and I liked that the game had the balls to do what it did with her and Lillie

in other words weebs ruin everything

last edited at Nov 10, 2017 5:47PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

What the heck?! ...I'll admit it's cool af tho!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Saved around 50$ on the Switch+Mario...not bad but I expected better discounts. I'm now officially ready for Prime 4!

Anyway, I have found the perfect rom hack there's a blazing sword version out!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

EA: Everyone hates us for being so greedy and making a pay-to-win game.

Hi-rez: Hold my beer.

Paladins is even more free to play. All Cards (Basic and Legendary) are now free and immediately unlocked, and can be levelled up by collecting duplicates.
In the new over-the-top Quick Play mode (replacing Casual queue), you can play exactly how you want to play. Just build a loadout of your five favorite Cards -- no point limit restrictions.

Loadouts play a big part in the game since it changes your stats with cooldown reduction s, hp regen and such.
It's not on comp, but it's the most unbalanced thing I've seen in a long time. The only way to upgrade your loadouts it's by opening loot boxes! And people are testing on the PTS(unlimited currency) and it takes FOREVER to max out legendaries on optimal conditions!!! Aaaahh don't kill Paladins!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

OH MY HA-CHAN CAPCOM IS ACTUALLY DOING IT!!!! I'M SO F*CKING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! now we just need a new x/zx game

joined Dec 4, 2017

Console and video games are my passion. I play them often when have free time. My friend invited me to LA last week. So, I took his invitation and went to Los- Angeles. We like hang out and once visited escape rooms where we become the players in reality. It was so impressive. Btw, here https://thequestfactory.com/ you can find more info about escape rooms.

last edited at Dec 6, 2017 2:12AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

BAYO 3 BOOOIIIIISSS(and gals)!!!!!!
And Link gets a freaking motorcycle in BOTW?!
Nintendo really wants money in 2018.

Edit: how da faq did I miss the SC 6 announcement?! @#\€£$#&¥μ÷-! Don't forget to put Cassandra in there, Bamco!

last edited at Dec 8, 2017 7:21AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

No DMC5 yet...
I'll stay strong, surely at PSX!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

For monster hunter fan, if you have a ps4 and are a plus member of playstation network, you can try monster hunter world for free starting tomorow and until the 12th and can already download the client.

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

EA: Everyone hates us for being so greedy and making a pay-to-win game.

Hi-rez: Hold my beer.

Paladins is even more free to play. All Cards (Basic and Legendary) are now free and immediately unlocked, and can be levelled up by collecting duplicates.
In the new over-the-top Quick Play mode (replacing Casual queue), you can play exactly how you want to play. Just build a loadout of your five favorite Cards -- no point limit restrictions.

Loadouts play a big part in the game since it changes your stats with cooldown reduction s, hp regen and such.
It's not on comp, but it's the most unbalanced thing I've seen in a long time. The only way to upgrade your loadouts it's by opening loot boxes! And people are testing on the PTS(unlimited currency) and it takes FOREVER to max out legendaries on optimal conditions!!! Aaaahh don't kill Paladins!

Exactly. "Even more F2P" my ass. And Maeve got nerfed AGAIN. Meh, just picked up OW at 50% off, so I'd much rather play that than Paladins rn.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Anyone here played Butterfly Soup? Came across some Tumblr fanart and picked it up, and hot damn it was good stuff. It's cute and gay and has some of the most believably written dialogue I've seen in a VN. Also it's free!

joined Mar 21, 2017

Anyone here played Butterfly Soup? Came across some Tumblr fanart and picked it up, and hot damn it was good stuff. It's cute and gay and has some of the most believably written dialogue I've seen in a VN. Also it's free!

Butterfly soup is great! Played it a couple of times. Hopefully she makes a sequel soon.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Butterfly soup is great! Played it a couple of times. Hopefully she makes a sequel soon.

God, yes. I would do shameful things for an Akarsha x Noelle sequel.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Does anyone have a list or something of (free) yuri/lesbian themed games? I've tried going through itch.io, but there's so much on there that it's kind of a pain to navigate. I tried "female protagonist" and "romance" but there doesn't seem to be a way to filter out things like otome games...

There's a curator on Steam called Hella Yuri. You can filter their list to only see the free games or the ones where the lesbian content plays an important part.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

There are promotions on some nice yuri games with steam sales, among them kindred spirit on the rooftop and nurse love addiction under 20€/$

If you still haven't played those two gems, now's the time !

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

MistressTiramisu posted:

Does anyone have a list or something of (free) yuri/lesbian themed games? I've tried going through itch.io, but there's so much on there that it's kind of a pain to navigate. I tried "female protagonist" and "romance" but there doesn't seem to be a way to filter out things like otome games...

I don't have a list per se, but Ebi-hime is a good writer and has a couple of free yuri VNs (Lucky me lucky you, Once on a windswept night, Emmeline Burns). Not free, but on the Steam sale right now there are some excellent VNs for under $3:

There's also the aforementioned free Butterfly Soup, which is definitely my favorite free yuri VN. Don't play this one first, it'll spoil you :)

joined Dec 4, 2017

I like to play different kinds of video game. I prefer to download new video games on private torrent trackers. Invite for one of them you can find here http://invites-shop.com/en/category/video/ It is more convenient than free torrent trackers. Better to pay money and get games with good quality.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

MistressTiramisu posted:

I don't have a list per se, but Ebi-hime is a good writer and has a couple of free yuri VNs (Lucky me lucky you, Once on a windswept night, Emmeline Burns). Not free, but on the Steam sale right now there are some excellent VNs for under $3:

There's also the aforementioned free Butterfly Soup, which is definitely my favorite free yuri VN. Don't play this one first, it'll spoil you :)

Very good ones. I love Eb-iHime works. And when it's paired with Selly in the art... ooooh the cuteness!!!

And don't forget 'A Little Lily Princess'. I love that game so much! I can't have enough Victorian age yuri!
Starlight Vega is a nice one too. I love Melody's route.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

rincewind posted:
And don't forget 'A Little Lily Princess'. I love that game so much! I can't have enough Victorian age yuri!

Oh yes, Little Lily Princess is great! The quality of the writing (as in the usage of the English language) is second to none in a VN. It really feels like all the lines are taken straight out of an English lit novel. I haven't read the book so I'm guessing some of them are, but the style is consistent through the gay parts as well. A really refreshing break from deciphering awkward translations.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

rincewind posted:

Oh yes, Little Lily Princess is great! The quality of the writing (as in the usage of the English language) is second to none in a VN. It really feels like all the lines are taken straight out of an English lit novel. I haven't read the book so I'm guessing some of them are, but the style is consistent through the gay parts as well. A really refreshing break from deciphering awkward translations.

Indeed! The writing is lovely. The art is gorgeous, I absolutely love the CG, and the music is pretty amazing too.
I'm still sad about it bombing. It's a real shame that a gem like this one sold so little.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Anyone have anymore information on this?

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/ladykiller-in-a-bind

It was being advertised on the front page of the humble site for a while too, which surprised me.

This topic has been locked.