Forum › Anime season

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Btw, is two car worth the watch yuri-wise? I found the main duo...frustrating after 2 episodes. Is like it's some kind of het bait? Idk.

It's just yuri-bait. Every declaration of love not meant for a guy is followed up by "gross" or "dont be creepy". Even the duo that seems to be engaged are almost definitely just engaged to faceless men back home.

last edited at Nov 27, 2017 12:28PM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

LL Sunshine is a story built on the girls failing. Saying you "want more happy stuff" is just missing the point. Bare in mind, the line used before the anime even premiered was "Even if Uranohoshi disappears, we shall still shine".

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Btw, is two car worth the watch yuri-wise? I found the main duo...frustrating after 2 episodes. Is like it's some kind of het bait? Idk.

It's just yuri-bait. Every declaration of love not meant for a guy is followed up by "gross" or "dont be creepy". Even the duo that seems to be engaged are almost definitely just engaged to faceless men back home.

Who is Two Car even aimed at?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

made in in abyss s2!!!!!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36862/Made_in_Abyss_2nd_Season

seven mortal sins spin off!!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36847/Nanatsu_no_Bitoku

konohana kitan latest episode is good, not bad animation but yuri completely gone already!!!
now it just episodic spiritual world things....
bring back yuri!!

last edited at Nov 28, 2017 2:43AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Who is Two Car even aimed at?

Couldn't tell you. Sports anime fans won't stay due to the complete lack of any actual racing. There are no rivalries between any of the teams, its a long running theme that teammates rather fight with each other than the other teams. They also keep saying that team mates have each other's lifes in their hands, that death is possible if they don't work together, but from what we have seen crashes don't even leave a bruise.

SoL fans will have a hard time caring about any of the characters. Each pair gets an episode or two to work out their problems and then fall to the background for the next pair. And the constant pushing of the idea that team mates should be a copy of each other is just annoying.

last edited at Nov 28, 2017 11:18AM

joined Dec 16, 2013

little witch academy failed at world building, failed at adventure,failed at slice of life, failed at magic, failed at CGDCT, failed at yuri, failed at character development....
too episodic and very lacking in plot!!...
25 episodes of nothing! except that mecha episode which is nice, trigger should make more mecha...
And frickin explained Diana family already! magic babies or not! kill la kill got strings babies...
wasted potential..too long..the ovas way better.

last edited at Nov 28, 2017 3:05AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Two Car stuff

This sounds to me like it was originally intended as a yuri(-ish) sports anime but got given to staff that wasn't interested in that. I remember a while back there was that Buddy Complex mecha show that had something similar happen

joined Dec 16, 2013

mahoujin guru guru 2017 is very good highly recommend it.

last edited at Nov 28, 2017 3:32AM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

little witch academy failed at world building, failed at adventure,failed at slice of life, failed at magic, failed at CGDCT, failed at yuri, failed at character development....
25 episodes of nothing! except that mecha episode which is nice, trigger should make more mecha...
And frickin explained Diana family already! magic babies or not! kill la kill got strings babies...
wasted potential..too long..the ovas way better.

Failed at what? I found the show perfect. Actually elaborate.

Uh...no. The show has a very clear plot arc. Apparently, you completely failed to realise that Akko's arc was the point of the story.

What the fuck are you even talking about? The show made it very clear her mother and father had died, and that her aunts family was running the Cavendish's into the ground. What the hell do you mean also by "String Babies"?

"Too long". Clearly you have never watched a series over a single cour in length.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

It's funny how you can keep all of these criticisms except switching up LWA with PriPri & magic with war/politics & they will still very much apply lol Although PriPri definitely delivers in the yuri department way more than LWA. They're both equally disappointing shows in the end tho.

last edited at Nov 28, 2017 6:08AM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Two Car stuff

This sounds to me like it was originally intended as a yuri(-ish) sports anime but got given to staff that wasn't interested in that. I remember a while back there was that Buddy Complex mecha show that had something similar happen

Its by the ange vierge staff, so its kinda weird it has faceless males.

Thankfully, the subtext is really strong by atleast 4 couples(ojou team, S&M reversal team, announcers and team 'married'). 2 couples still have not had an episode, so we'll see.

No idea why they are doing both het and yuri subtext pairings, makes no sense.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Haven't watched much this season but gay chibi foxgirl has been my favourite by far.

One of the cutest SoL cute-girls-doing-cute-things that I have seen in past few years. Maybe along aside Urara

last edited at Nov 28, 2017 8:48AM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Two Car stuff

Thankfully, the subtext is really strong by atleast 4 couples(ojou team, S&M reversal team, announcers and team 'married'). 2 couples still have not had an episode, so we'll see.

Because there's a little thing called Class-S.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Two Car stuff

Nothing really points towards that for the other pairings.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Nothing really points towards that for the other pairings.

Ojou team got "youre my first... friend", S&M got the "this will cause trouble for you with boyfriends later" treatment, the 'married' team has been hinted to be completely fake, and announcers got "neither of us had friends so that's why we are friends".

joined Dec 16, 2013

konohana kitan 9

i'm gonna guess Sakura is a reborn fox god and Kiri is her priestess.
Sakura seems to never do anything and too strong.

last edited at Nov 30, 2017 12:47AM

joined Dec 16, 2013

What the fuck are you even talking about? The show made it very clear her mother and father had died, and that her aunts family was running the Cavendish's into the ground.

nope don't see any presence of father in any flashback and any presence of the aunt husband.
and the aunt not the one running the family into the ground instead she keeping the family afloat by selling the family property bit by bit which Diana very oppose to.

What the hell do you mean also by "String Babies"?

https://myanimelist.net/character/96719/Nui_Harime

last edited at Nov 30, 2017 3:01AM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

...And that fails to explain your point. And they do say her parents were dead. The men just weren't seen.

What the fuck does Nui have to do with anything?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Are you seriously expecting something coherent from koneko?

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

They dissed one of my fav anime! I can't just sit down!

joined Dec 16, 2013

...And that fails to explain your point. And they do say her parents were dead. The men just weren't seen.

Cavendish family are all magic babies!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

LL Sunshine is a story built on the girls failing. Saying you "want more happy stuff" is just missing the point. Bare in mind, the line used before the anime even premiered was "Even if Uranohoshi disappears, we shall still shine".

Where did I say I want happy stuff? I said I want gay stuff.

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Cavendish family are all magic babies!

...No they're not. You're officially insane.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Uranohoshi is not a place, it's a people.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Uranohoshi is not a place, it's a people.

I get it!

To reply you must either login or sign up.