Forum › Yuri stories ideas discussion

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

So this thread is actually for people to post their idea for yuri stories.

Think of it as what kind of scenario you would create for a yuri manga or anime if we were given a chance.

P. S.- let's hope this thread won't get lost in Dynasty-scans forever.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

The Raccoon That Tagged Along
"Murder's have been happening around the city of Bōru & Tsuyoi Kokoro (who is a detective) is assigned with investigating the murders & uncover's that they've been setup by the mysterious cult known as Kīpā. The police then pair her up with Komatta kako, A troubled girl who was sent to prison for stealing various beloved treasures from the city of Bōru and has faced of with Kīpā long ago. But upon meeting Tsuyoi for the first time, Komatta is reminded of memories that she'd rather forget...."

I came up with this Yuri anime idea about a while ago (I think a month probably).

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 7:37PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I have... a lot written up over the years... ;_; This thread speaks to me.

"Murder's have been happening around the city of Bōru & Tsuyoi Kokoro (who is a detective) is assigned with investigating the murders & uncover's that they've been setup by the mysterious cult known as Kīpā. The police then pair her up with Komatta kako, A troubled girl who was sent to prison for stealing various beloved treasures from the city of Bōru and has faced of with Kīpā long ago. But upon meeting Tsuyoi for the first time, Komatta is reminded of memories that she'd rather forget...."

I came up with this Yuri anime idea about a while ago (I think a month probably).

Strong heart & troubled past - detective dream team? :')

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Tbh i have plenty of ideas but i am definately going to make them into a reality so i wont be posting, lol i had a new idea today too. Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri....YURI!!

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

"A parallel Earth where superpowerful bad guys and aliens try to conquer the human race, only is protected by a beautiful lady name Makito with extraordinary powers. As she protect her Earth, she find more people like her and reason behind her powers. I will try to include aliens and demons/angles together which most authors ignore or try to avoid.

Makito actually don't want to protect Earth. She wants to protect people she cares about. She will not associate herself with any threat without her city nor care what happens to other people but eventually one way or other ends up saving it. She is a little pervert and a lady killer.

My main focus will be on action, echhi and harem. Kinda like DBZ with yuri harem.

I know sound stupid. But i like it, don't you dare judge me :P

joined Jun 11, 2016

Some tag's we would be looking at here is: Drama, Mystery,Tomboy,Action, Childhood friends some occasional Horror moments & of course Yuri.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 6:34PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Heads/Tails
"The story of Vuu Irugo and Aya Ohitsujiza, two girls who used to be the closest of friends when they were children. Now they live different lives. Both fighting for their own desires. Vuu is the top fighter at the martial-arts based high-school known as Tomaranai. Aya is a homeless girl who makes a living off of winning street-brawls. The two eventually find themselves competing in the largest mixed martial-arts tournament in the city. This is a story thats told in different POV's. Switching back and fourth between Vuu and Aya's stories.

This is mainly a subtext story, except the subtext builds up to romance in the end. The best thing about this story is that there is no villain, the audience gets to choose who to route for.

I guess the tags would be: Childhood Friends, Action,Tomboy,Sports,Drama, and Subtext.
Yeah.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Had a fanfic idea during a bout of insomnia the other night, and I know I'm not going to really have the chance to write it. So here's the idea in case anyone wants to take a shot.

Love Live.

Nico is a vampire for some reason, and becomes involved in a travelling burlesque troupe that by chance stays in her mansion. They mainly do charity events, so that makes them a bit similar to the µ's of the series. It's not one of those "cursed mansion" deals, rather Nico actually does miss the limelight she came close to having before being turned and thus opens her home as a hostel for touring artists of various sorts. The members of µ's discover her secret (probably Nozomi or Honoka in one of her fits of unusual perceptiveness) draw her out and win her trust, inviting her to perform with them. She ends up in somewhat of a friendly rivalry with Eli for the solo vocalist role, which she particularly covets, but it's nothing nasty. Possibly the groundwork for a pairing. The usual "a vampire needs to feed" shenanigans on the side, of course.

joined Jul 14, 2016

I just started wrintting on my PC this story. I'll tell you the main premise :3 (btw haven't thought of any names yet)

Girl A is in college. After dating her best friend's ex-boyfriend, 'best friend' begin to hate her, this makes Girl A realize she actually like her. A year after that, in the classroom during free period, Girl B sits in front of Girl A and asks her out. Girl B didn't look like she swinged that way. In fact, Girl B has a boyfriend who she breaks up with days after that. Then this relationship between the shy Girl A and the bi-sexual Girl B begins.

Tooru3
joined Sep 18, 2017

I've had an idea that I wanted to explore that was inspired by series like Umineko and Higurashi but with a yuri tone in it. The genre is geared towards a mystery horror and battle of wits. The main character over the course of this "game" falls in love with a girl she's partnered with but that itself creates a problem.

Sorry for being vague but I still want to find an artist as well as a group of people who enjoy writing to help me perfect the idea and one day turn it into a Light Novel or Webcomic so I don't want to give all my cards away.

joined Jul 14, 2016

I've had an idea that I wanted to explore that was inspired by series like Umineko and Higurashi but with a yuri tone in it. The genre is geared towards a mystery horror and battle of wits. The main character over the course of this "game" falls in love with a girl she's partnered with but that itself creates a problem.

Sorry for being vague but I still want to find an artist as well as a group of people who enjoy writing to help me perfect the idea and one day turn it into a Light Novel or Webcomic so I don't want to give all my cards away.

Sounds good. The fact that you use the "trapped together in a game" kind of plot makes it somewhat easier to write. Would like to help if you need :3

Tooru3
joined Sep 18, 2017

Sounds good. The fact that you use the "trapped together in a game" kind of plot makes it somewhat easier to write. Would like to help if you need :3

That sounds really cool! Thank you.

I can message you more about it after work tonight if you like. Would that be alright with you?

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

My story idea is NEET living by her own thanks to financial support from parents is only checked on by her younger stepsister, who is like 14. Stepsister one day tells NEET that their parents want her to move back home after her lease is up cuz they don't want to keep paying rent on her apartment. During the ensuing bout of depression, stepsister tries to comfort NEET, and NEET kisses her. Stepsister accepts her sister's feelings and reciprocates and they decide to do what they can together before NEET moves back home, since it'll be harder to hide the relationship. So they go on a couple dates and have a really good time. One day, as the deadline draws near, NEET sleeps with her stepsister. A few days later, stepsister gets sat down by her parents and her parents tell her that NEET committed suicide. NEET left a note for her apologizing for the relationship and for sleeping with her, saying she knows it makes her a horrible person, even if stepsister doesn't see her that way yet. Thanks stepsister for making the last bit of her life a little happier.

The end is grown up stepsister leaving flowers at NEETs grave, thinking about how she knows NEET wasn't a good person, but she loved her anyway and still misses her.

joined Jul 14, 2016

I can message you more about it after work tonight if you like. Would that be alright with you?

Sorry I suddenly got busy Dx But yeah if you need anything tell me.

Tooru3
joined Sep 18, 2017

Sorry I suddenly got busy Dx But yeah if you need anything tell me.

Lol I figured as much. Well, if you or anyone else is interested and want to co-write this story with me you can message me on the Dynasty Readers Discord under "Kameko." I think it would be an interesting project. It is inspired by Higurashi and Umineko like I said before.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I have lots of ideas based mostly on what I'm not seeing enough of in yuri.

ugh. Should probably tell people about them since I bothered to post huh?

I actually did almost half a story about a half human half dragon woman and an arrogant princess who was cursed with the tail and the speed of a fox. The princess forces the dragon girl into service for a time. yuri happnes.

Got another one about a werewolf pretending to be a soldier while secretly fighting a rival pack and what might be a white witch in charge of healing the townsfolk. then. yuri happens.

many of my other ideas start with just using more of the character types and settings I wish was in yuri more. I want action. Superheroes. Sci-fi. Delinquent girl types. Gyaru girl types. Oh. And arrogant Karin Kanzuki types. More actual dating. More flirting. Trying to improve my art skills to make these things happen.

I pledge my service to yuri!

last edited at Oct 27, 2017 8:16PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

many of my other ideas start with just using more of the character types and settings I wish was in yuri more. I want action. Superheroes. Sci-fi. Delinquent girl types.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who wants to see more Plot oriented Yuri with action instead of your classic god-forsaken high-school drama.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Something silly that I was thinking about would be a girl who, for some reason, has to crossdress and join an all-boys school - something extremely overdone and cliche, I know. However, the one guy she falls for/ends up with turns out to be another crossdressing girl.

Preferably the story would switch between the points of views between the two girls, with them getting closer to "that one cute guy" but feeling reserved about getting into a relationship because they're trying to hide their genders and don't think the other would be interested in men. They'd find out of course (though hopefully not for too long), either at the same time or separately, and try to deny their feelings at first but give in eventually.

One reason I'd find this type of story interesting is that most if not all of the supporting cast would be male, which is definitely a rarity for yuri in general. Like, it'd be cool for both the female leads to have close male friends that they don't end up with, even if the girls are shown to be interested in guys to some degree - bisexual yuri is pretty cool. And if the guys were to find out that they were crossdressing, they'd be more or less cool about it. There'd be some teasing/flirting/awkwardness, but in the end they'd be friends regardless and later on even be supportive of the girls' relationship. Also at least one yaoi-sidecouple, though the main focus would always be on the two girls.

Genre-wise, it'd ideally be a comedy-drama with a focus on the character's thoughts and feelings and such. This would most definitely be a high-school drama type which I know a lot of people are tired of, but that's the sort of thing I like so eh. Come to think of it, depending on the reasons for why they have to crossdress and such it could have a deeper plot, like some sort of conspiracy, mystery, or other such complication, but I'm probably not creative enough to do that sort of thing well.

joined Jul 14, 2016

My story idea is NEET living by her own thanks to financial support from parents is only checked on by her younger stepsister, who is like 14. Stepsister one day tells NEET that their parents want her to move back home after her lease is up cuz they don't want to keep paying rent on her apartment. During the ensuing bout of depression, stepsister tries to comfort NEET, and NEET kisses her. Stepsister accepts her sister's feelings and reciprocates and they decide to do what they can together before NEET moves back home, since it'll be harder to hide the relationship. So they go on a couple dates and have a really good time. One day, as the deadline draws near, NEET sleeps with her stepsister. A few days later, stepsister gets sat down by her parents and her parents tell her that NEET committed suicide. NEET left a note for her apologizing for the relationship and for sleeping with her, saying she knows it makes her a horrible person, even if stepsister doesn't see her that way yet. Thanks stepsister for making the last bit of her life a little happier.

The end is grown up stepsister leaving flowers at NEETs grave, thinking about how she knows NEET wasn't a good person, but she loved her anyway and still misses her.

This. I'm crying :')

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Rise chicken rise!

This is my idea for a yuri vn

After years of living a unremarkable high school life, eighteen year old Alice has finally started on her College journey. It's a fresh start in a new city. A chance encounter with a bully from her youth has awakened something within her. Now, determined to make the most of her college days and to crush her newfound rival, Alice has decided to form a rock band that can win the battle of the bands competition. All she has to do now is actually get a band together that can win, but that shouldn't be that hard, right?

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

What a gem of a forum, I really need to visit this tab more often.
Anyway,

I want action. Superheroes. Sci-fi.

This! Both me and my friend are huge scifi/fantasy fans, and the only people that really supply a crossover of yuri and scifi/fantasy is..each other. We need more of this type of content!

..Not an idea, just echoing your very good point.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

The usual "a vampire needs to feed" shenanigans on the side, of course.

The image of a grumpy, disheveled vampire Nico demanding to be fed just popped into my brain, and I love it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.