Forum › What Have You Re-Read Lately??

joined Nov 30, 2011

I spend a lot of time rereading old stories here. More often than not I find myself rereading various one shots, series, chapters, and anthologies (and even the occasional page or panel!). Sometimes I'll take my time reading works from a particular author or revisiting a set of stories because they remind me of me and my girlfriend, our earlier days together and even our current time together. Other times I want to read a good romance, see some of my favorite characters or moments repeat, see that favorite scene of mine, or read them so I can wish we were given a chance to see the rest of their lives play out together post high school (and even college for that matter). Of course there are times where I'm part way through a reread and all of a sudden I have the urge to reread other stories as well so I'll wind up with at least a dozen stories tabbed lol! XD

So I wonder from time-to-time, how often do other members come back and reread stories here? So I figured why not start a discussion where we can post which stories that have finished or been discontinued that we decided to reread.

Let me start off. This past week I've reread:

Notes from the Garden of Lilies by Suga Atsushi
Othello by Otsu Hiyori
Pure-Hearted Playgirl by Asatsuki Shinobu
Collectors Ch. 5 by Nishi Uko
A Knife Edge Girl by Furutsuji Kikka
Sweet Emotion by Asatsuki Shinobu
Sasameki Koto by Ikeda Takashi (Various parts of it anyway lol)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I love threads (or posts) like this, I always think I've read everything that might interest me (on this site) but manga's I haven't seen before may get mentioned. Was thinking of making a thread myself, asking for [something] to get manga's listed to check out.

I re-read A LOT! Mostly easygoing/sweet (or sweet sex) stuff or just fun reads (anything that gets me in a good mood :D) on my favorites, but if I have to pick:

Originals:

Spicy Sweets by Natsuneko (from the Butterfly69 stories... We are not worthy of such art)
Secret Door by Pikachi
Bully by Sukoyaka
Teach Tea Songs by Urutsu Sahari
Listening To Your Voice, Your Heart by Urutsu Sahari
Wife and Wife by Minamoto Hisanari (one of the flirty-est mangas here)
Sweet Little Devil by Nanzaki Iku
First Love by Suga Atsushi
Concerto by Hattori Mitsuru (various stories here, mostly re-read Chapter 2)
Roommates by Tamamusi

Doujins:

The Coming of Spring by Ushiki Yoshitaka
So Sweet by Chronolog
A Prince and Sweet by Tokoharu (most of Tokoharu's stuff... but I'll try not to point out too many)
Sweetest Love by Tokoharu (♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥)
The Sick Magician by Cloud Palette (Most of Cloud Palette's stuff... art is just amazing...)
Marrons Glacés by Cloud Palette
Go For It by GP-KIDS (I find this mangaka's works as really fun reads)
Love Pure by Moru House
my home, my love by Mekimeki Oukoku

Tried to keep it short. Not listing on-going mangas, for some reason I don't re-read those until they are complete...

last edited at Mar 13, 2014 6:21AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Im re-reading Prism right now.

And in this past days I have re-readed Koi no Kakugen, the GuP doujin. Orange Pekoe x Darjeeling!!! <3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm re-reading Yuri HIme lately, but I'm taking it slow. Up to issue 16 right now.

I re-read Hanjuku Joshi the other evening and noticed a continuity error that amused me, I should bring it up on the series page.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

I've been on a Touhou kick lately. Going down the list of pairings.

I like to re-read alot as well. I've re-read Shinozaki a few times lately as well as Sasameki and Octave. I do like to go to the series page and go down the list alphabetically.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

http://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/yuri_tengoku

Having read a lot of things over the years, I also reread a lot of things, but one of the ones I eternally return to is Yuri Tengoku, because - for me at least - that's where the modern yuri manga era truly began. Properly speaking, Yuri Shimai is the actual forerunner to Yuri Hime, and actually started coming out slightly before Yuri Tengoku, but for whatever reason, Tengoku will always be remembered by me as the most venerable, a herald of things to come. Even the cover fills me with nostalgia.

Riding the coattails of Maria-sama ga Miteru - which I don't think gets enough credit these days for being the phenomenon that made the modern state of yuri possible - its publication marks the official beginning, on the manga side at least, of what I look back on as the Golden Age of Yuri, 2004-2009.

Some would disagree with me that it ended there, or even ended at all, but that's how I see it - at least the First Golden Age. I'm cautiously optimistic that we may now be on the path to a new season of plenty. There are encouraging signs - the seeming success of Sakura Trick, the upcoming Akuma no Riddle, the Morishima Akiko/Kunihiko Ikuhara Yuri Kuma Arashi multimedia collaboration, the announcement of a new yuri anthology Mebae, and...just perhaps...the new Sailor Moon, if Michiru and Haruka get to make an appearance. A new generation of interest in and passion for yuri is emerging...or so I hope.

Anyway, my favorite stories from it are Bound by a Red String, Rooftop, My Partner, and - a bittersweet touch - The Glade in the Forest Behind the School. Objectively, several of the stories aren't the best quality and/or would even be considered weak in terms of yuri these days, but they remain old and dear friends. Hard to believe it's been ten years...

last edited at Mar 14, 2014 4:53AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

There are encouraging signs - the seeming success of Sakura Trick, the upcoming Akuma no Riddle

Don't forget the anime adaptation for Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san by Kuzushiro coming next season as well. :p

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

There are encouraging signs - the seeming success of Sakura Trick, the upcoming Akuma no Riddle

Don't forget the anime adaptation for Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san by Kuzushiro coming next season as well. :p

Yes, I actually had momentarily forgotten that. Another Yuri Hime anime, and Kuzushiro no less. Shame it's apparently only 5-minute shorts, but still. Encouraging indeed.

last edited at Mar 14, 2014 5:23AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well i re-read a bunch of stuff all the time, but my priorities go to Kase-san, Girlfriends, Prism and the Yuri Yuri oneshots

joined Nov 30, 2011

Originals:

Spicy Sweets by Natsuneko (from the Butterfly69 stories... We are not worthy of such art)
Secret Door by Pikachi
Bully by Sukoyaka
Teach Tea Songs by Urutsu Sahari
Listening To Your Voice, Your Heart by Urutsu Sahari
Wife and Wife by Minamoto Hisanari (one of the flirty-est mangas here)
Sweet Little Devil by Nanzaki Iku
First Love by Suga Atsushi
Concerto by Hattori Mitsuru (various stories here, mostly re-read Chapter 2)
Roommates by Tamamusi

I enjoyed quite a few of these. First Love is definitely one of my favorites as is the author in general.

Riding the coattails of Maria-sama ga Miteru - which I don't think gets enough credit these days for being the phenomenon that made the modern state of yuri possible - its publication marks the official beginning, on the manga side at least, of what I look back on as the Golden Age of Yuri, 2004-2009.

Maria did that?! (I'm not going to lie in saying I'm enjoying it immensely.) A lot more so than Strawberry... Panic was it?? O_o...

What was it the golden age of Yuri. I mean to say what came out of that time period yuri-wise??

I do like to go to the series page and go down the list alphabetically.
I like to do that too. But it's been a while since I last did that.

Which reminds me. Does anyone know the name of a manga (takes place in high school like the rest of 'em) where a girl has been reading all the romance stories and fell for the author. Who ended up looking nothing like what she pictured the author would look like (nerdy, dorky, and she was also clumsy iirc). I want to say Morinaga Milk but it's not there after a quick search =(

last edited at Mar 18, 2014 5:57AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Just December Melting snow... Ahhh it's so sweet!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Which reminds me. Does anyone know the name of a manga (takes place in high school like the rest of 'em) where a girl has been reading all the romance stories and fell for the author. Who ended up looking nothing like what she pictured the author would look like (nerdy, dorky, and she was also clumsy iirc). I want to say Morinaga Milk but it's not there after a quick search =(

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/renai_manga ???

I could look around if it is not Renai Manga (guessing it is not). I am very sure there is another, a one-shot, that fits your description... but my list is giant... It will take me a while to find it, I will enjoy looking around, usually end up re-reading stuff that i click to check, haha.

Will report back here when I find it... I actually re-read it a few days ago...

last edited at Mar 18, 2014 1:49PM

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

I could look around if it is not Renai Manga (guessing it is not). I am very sure there is another, a one-shot, that fits your description... but my list is giant... It will take me a while to find it, I will enjoy looking around, usually end up re-reading stuff that i click to check, haha.

It actually is from Morinaga Milk and named "Real Love" (lililicious scanlated it), but I guess it is removed from the reader because it has been licensed. It was part of "Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink" (the same anthology that also contains the Nana & Hitomi stories).

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

It actually is from Morinaga Milk and named "Real Love" (lililicious scanlated it), but I guess it is removed from the reader because it has been licensed. It was part of "Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink" (the same anthology that also contains the Nana & Hitomi stories).

Ah, yes ty ty. Gonna re-read that, hehe.

joined Nov 30, 2011

It was by Morinaga! Doh! I was in the mood to reread that one :( Bummer. And Renai is a fun manga. Can't wait to see which way it goes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, I can't believe I didn't catch on that you were talking about that story from Kisses, Sighs, etc. You described it well, too.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I re-read Maple Love almost religiously. It's my favorite one out there, and author/artist Otsu Hiyori is my deity (along with Takemiya Jin.) Oh god. Othello by Otsu Hiyori is just too good.
Also regularly re-read Nishi Uko's works, especially the series Collectors.
Hakka-ya's BuCap (Saki -> Hisa and Mihoko pairing) are my favorite, so I re-read those daily.

Runner's High is also one of my favorites. So cute.

Augh. I'm going to go re-read them all now!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

When I saw this thread, I knew I had to read it since I've read so much manga here, it's hard to remember them, so thank you in advance for reminding me to reread some of the series/oneshots mentioned!

Most recently I reread Prism, Octave and Strawberry Shake Sweet. I also reread a lot of the works from Otsu Hiyori, Amano Shuninta, Amagakure Gido and Morishima Akiko. I've been rereading works under the adult life, idol, roommate and college tags haha. Blank and Blank Continued by Yotsuhara Furiko are also some of my favorites and I reread those two a lot too. I'll probably visit all the ones I mentioned again in the near future....

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

When I saw this thread, I knew I had to read it since I've read so much manga here, it's hard to remember them, so thank you in advance for reminding me to reread some of the series/oneshots mentioned!

Most recently I reread Prism, Octave and Strawberry Shake Sweet. I also reread a lot of the works from Otsu Hiyori, Amano Shuninta, Amagakure Gido and Morishima Akiko. I've been rereading works under the adult life, idol, roommate and college tags haha. Blank and Blank Continued by Yotsuhara Furiko are also some of my favorites and I reread those two a lot too. I'll probably visit all the ones I mentioned again in the near future....

Otsu Hiyori and Amano Shuninta forever. Seriously.
And great choice of tags too ;D

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

x2!! Or 3.. or whatever. Just some authors I can never tire of, no matter how many times I reread their oneshots or series. Otsu Hiyori is probably my all time favorite. (I didn't realize this until I compiled my favorites and classics lists. She makes up most of them lol.)

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

I'm not surprised everyone is mentioning Prism. I keep re-reading it as well. I also re-read Sasameki koto from scratch because I stopped it back when we had no translated chapters after 46 or so, and only had one sloppily translated ending chapter.

There's also a whole pile of one-shots and Honey Crush. Honey Crush is too good.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I'm not surprised everyone is mentioning Prism.

I get sad every time I re-read it... Kinda avoid doing so, haha...

joined Nov 30, 2011

x2!! You can't put it down once you start reading it but you'll be sad when you finish it because it was forcibly cancelled Cl-( ...

Anyway I spent the day rereading Octave by Akiyama Haru. It can be soooo damned rough sometimes. Even now, I still want to do horribly unforgivable things to Yukino for the way she treats Setsuko and then later on her only decent friend Mika and lies out of her ass most of the way through! UGH!!!! So frustrating but it's damn good and Yukino has some amazing character progression (though she's still a pain in the ass almost all the way up to the end >_<). However, you can't really fault her at the same time for her flaws because of how her life sort of turned out but then you know she knows what she is doing and still does something outrageous and you just want to choke her! And because of all of that, Octave is still my all-time favorite. I would personally love to see a one-shot of them more established as a couple 5+ years later on and see how Setsuko has fared and especially how much has Yukino grown.

I also reread:
Girlfriends - Morinaga Milk
Clover - Otsu Hiyori
Notes from the Garden of Lillies - Suga Atsushi
Flower Flower - Iwami Shouko
Present - Uso Kurata
Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep - Mizutani Fuuka
Your Cuteness - Otsu Hiyori

Just started one of my other all-time favorites and is pretty much a classic in my personal book ;) :
Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami by Tamaki Nozomu- It's such an awesome series and was one of the first series I read here on Dynasty many moons ago. The artwork, story, action, and characters are all a lot of fun. Hmmm, it's kinda like magical girl meets Claymore meets Berserk (well Berserk-Lite more or less lol) with some good ole fashion comedy and drama thrown in for good mix. Oh! And there is some romance, cross dressing, mystery and historical mishmashing going on all at once.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

x2!! You can't put it down once you start reading it but you'll be sad when you finish it because it was forcibly cancelled Cl-( ...

That is why people avoid mentioning it, haha :D

Anyway I spent the day rereading Octave by Akiyama Haru. It can be soooo damned rough sometimes. Even now, I still want to do horribly unforgivable things to Yukino for the way she treats Setsuko and then later on her only decent friend Mika and lies out of her ass most of the way through! UGH!!!! So frustrating but it's damn good and Yukino has some amazing character progression (though she's still a pain in the ass almost all the way up to the end >_<). However, you can't really fault her at the same time for her flaws because of how her life sort of turned out but then you know she knows what she is doing and still does something outrageous and you just want to choke her! And because of all of that, Octave is still my all-time favorite. I would personally love to see a one-shot of them more established as a couple 5+ years later on and see how Setsuko has fared and especially how much has Yukino grown.

Octave is one of the few drama mangas that I consider good and realistic, although I would've liked a better wrap-up for an ending. But It is way better than every other drama around here.

Oh yea, we had that re-reading party, good times.

joined Nov 30, 2011

That is why people avoid mentioning it, haha :D

Understandable but it's still hard to not to.

Octave is one of the few drama mangas that I consider good and realistic, although I would've liked a better wrap-up for an ending. But It is way better than every other drama around here.

Agreed about the ending. I would have liked to see another chapter or two, especially seeing her introducing Setsuko as her girlfriend to her family. Also agreed about it being one of the better dramas here. (Do you know of any others?)

Oh yea, we had that re-reading party, good times.

Haha yeah that was quite fun!

To reply you must either login or sign up.