Forum › New Game discussion

joined May 23, 2015

Why did you have to quote that post? Because it caused me to accidentally see the "in one night" comment, and now I'm just laughing at the idea that they spent a single night frantically debugging code, but still had time to go change clothes at least four times.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Cripes, let it go already. You've both got lots of other people you can talk to and post long dissections of the posts of.

joined May 23, 2015

Cripes, let it go already. You've both got lots of other people you can talk to and post long dissections of the posts of.

Hey, I've been trying to end it for days, but they still seem to want to follow me around and attempt to insult me and start more arguments (or demand further responses to old ones) on every post they see me make.

At this point, I'm as troubled by it as others are annoyed!

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

You say something that's obviously wrong, I call you out, anime proves me right, and now I'm the annoying one? All you had to do was not be so damn stubborn. I wouldn't have a reason to be here if you had just said "Sorry, guess I was wrong." But alas, here you are, you can't even ignore me like you said you would. Why wouldn't I reply when you keep replying to me and talking about me? You got some real thin skin.

But, go ahead, keep repeating the same bullshit that Naru was rude and condescending to Hajime. I'll still be here to correct it. You are not obligated to reply but I know you will.

@Nez We both of have been replying to others.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You say something that's obviously wrong, I call you out, anime proves me right, and now I'm the annoying one? All you had to do was not be so damn stubborn. I wouldn't have a reason to be here if you had just said "Sorry, guess I was wrong." But alas, here you are, you can't even ignore me like you said you would. Why wouldn't I reply when you keep replying to me and talking about me? You got some real thin skin.

But, go ahead, keep repeating the same bullshit that Naru was rude and condescending to Hajime. I'll still be here to correct it. You are not obligated to reply but I know you will.

@Nez We both of have been replying to others.

Good. Now take the next step and STOP replying to each other, at least for a while. You'll find it's not that difficult, even if they are Wrong On the Internet.

joined May 23, 2015

The only things over the past few days that I can recall posting as a direct reply to them have been basically telling them to stop it...

If I've inadvertently posted something that could reasonably construed otherwise, it wasn't intentional, so I'll apologize if it was unclear.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

We can all agree that Nenecchi is cute, right?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's obvious Nenecchi is love Nenecchi is Life Nenechi has a huge rack <3

Her hidden power is far superior to Aoba

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Don't mind me, just coming through to claim the 1337'th post on a manga about video games... >.>
I'm glad Naru and Nene are friends now. (I'm also detecting a bit of shipping potential about them now.)

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Sun is shinin' in the sky
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin' everybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day, hey hey

Runnin' down the avenue
See how Nene shines brightly in the city
On the streets where once was pity
Nenecchi is living here today, hey hey

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think that is in the scriptures of all major world religions. And if it's not, your relgion has missed the boat on being major.

morter:

In your avatar scene Nene said something that was translated as "Bingo" and normally I'd say "atari" or "pinpon" or something, but she said something else. And it was even cuter than a-ta-ri. I wish I could remember. Which episode was it? I know Umiko asked "you found a crash, didn't you." and Nene said "Bingo."

last edited at Sep 14, 2017 7:05PM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Nene's cuteness should be considered axiomatic.

joined Mar 22, 2017

Don't mind me, just coming through to claim the 1337'th post on a manga about video games... >.>
I'm glad Naru and Nene are friends now. (I'm also detecting a bit of shipping potential about them now.)

Yay! At least I'm not the only person that think they have some potential in shipping. (That hug scene though!) XD

Even not in shipping term, I sure that they can be a really good partner. Both of them have cheerful personalities after all.

last edited at Sep 14, 2017 8:18PM

joined Jun 3, 2017

Alright, conflict solved, so no more hate towards Narucchi...and then we get straight into that bombshell revelation. Now I can't wait for the next chapters! Anime will definitely need a third season...

joined Aug 22, 2017

Alright, conflict solved, so no more hate towards Narucchi...and then we get straight into that bombshell revelation. Now I can't wait for the next chapters! Anime will definitely need a third season...

It's obvious that there will be a third season
But I think they will animate the Spin off (prequel) First

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I think that is in the scriptures of all major world religions. And if it's not, your relgion has missed the boat on being major.

morter:

In your avatar scene Nene said something that was translated as "Bingo" and normally I'd say "atari" or "pinpon" or something, but she said something else. And it was even cuter than a-ta-ri. I wish I could remember. Which episode was it? I know Umiko asked "you found a crash, didn't you." and Nene said "Bingo."

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

I don't know if anyone really cares about this whole debate thing (Nene and Naru can both be in the manga, guys...) anymore but I went to ask people stuff and here's an info dump!
The question I asked my friends and colleagues today was between an intern with a high learning curve and socialization skill but needed proper training before integrating into the company (Nene), and an intern with industry standard skills who is loyal to the company but struggled with working with others (Naru), who would they prefer?

So I spoke to eight managers today. Three work in finance, two work in marketing. These five work with me in a bank. I also spoke to some friends. One works at an independent boutique (her own), one works at a gaming start-up, and one is a front-of-house restaurant manager.
Without going into too much details, here are the results from a managerial point of view:
Nene: One finance, Two Marketing, Restaurant
Naru: Two finance
Neither: Boutique, Gaming

Arguments for hiring Nene:
 High Learning Curve
 Strong Social Skills
 Lightens Work Atmosphere
 Flexible
Arguments for not hiring Nene:
 Too Social
 Lack of Experience
 Lack of Loyalty
Arguments for hiring Naru:
 Strong Technical Skills
 Loyal to Company
Arguments for not hiring Naru:
 Weak Social Skills
 Careless/Sloppy

Unfortunately, we don’t know as much about Naru’s personality as we do Nene’s, but this was the common conception. I would disagree Nene has a lack of loyalty to Eagle Jump as there is a factor there that keeps her attracted to the company (Aoba). I would also disagree that Naru generally being careless/sloppy because it’s probably a stressful mistake. However, both traits have yet to be disproven in the manga so we assumed so.
After speaking around, we generally decided the ultimate question is whether Nene’s high learning curve beat out Naru’s starting skills. A high learning curve is generally considered better than strong skills because in the long run, the person with fast learning will absorb more information, be quicker to adapt to workplace environments and will be one of the most flexible members of your team. However, if the starting skills are above and beyond most entry employees, this makes the person a solid contender for a great addition to the group for speeding up processes, adding a new skillset and making the team as a whole a bit more capable.
This information is not provided in the mange so we couldn’t decide. Overall, there was a general favoritism towards Nene, though again, this is largely due to her high learning curve. When I mentioned that the intern may be a college student, this caused mixed reactions. Some people immediately wanted to reconsider, while others took it as a chance to catch up on those skills and get some experience. Better to snatch good employees up quickly, after all.

TLDR => All Girls are Best Girls. But more seriously, Nene and Naru bring different things to the table. A strong social set is useless with the learning curve to back it up, and a loner strong technical set is useless in a team-based environment. Nene inches past Naru for preferred employee due to her learning curve.

(Disclaimer because some people here are salty: this is simply an analysis of Nene and Naru if they were serious options for managers to consider. If we were to hire either, we would have to take responsibility for their contributions to the team—good and bad. This has nothing to do with their worth as characters and their perspectives onto the overall story of NEW GAME!)
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Umiko is a bigger attraction than Aoba at this point for being a reason to stay at Eagle Jump for Nene. ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

last edited at Sep 15, 2017 12:25AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I have a hard time believing Naru's growth potential is lower than Nene's, given that she's very young and already talented. And her social skills aren't shown to be bad exactly either from what I'm seeing, just average. Nene is delightful but I can't really see an argument to be made that she's more qualified in terms of present or future job effectiveness. The biggest mistake Naru made by far was not checking her code that time, which in the real world could possibly cost her the job but maybe not at Eagle Jump.

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

And this is how this whole thing started. You're completely wrong. There is no disrespect or rudeness. Naru was very open and respectful. She could have been an asshole like Mogu suggested and built a case to use against Hajime in order to blame her when they turned in the project late OR she could to the respectful thing and talk to her directly. She says nothing rude, only that she is an intern looking for a job and that means she is on thinner ice. Hajime understood that and apologized to her. The audience seems to be far more offended than Hajime.
You're completely wrong.

I know I probably shouldn't bother asking, but would you say that you're more on the "Naru can do nothing wrong" boat or on the "all characters have flaws but Naru's flaws are not social skills but X, X, and X"? I'm sure neither of us are interested in talking to a brick wall.

joined May 23, 2015

Nene being a college student shouldn't really cause a disparity, as Naru is still a student, too, just at a different kind of college. Unless the issue is not being able to work full-time.

Also, Nene's motivation for picking up programming was because she wouldn't be able to work at the company as a debugger again. So her entire reason for learning was because she wanted to work at that specific company again. I'm not really sure I'd question her loyalty.

last edited at Sep 15, 2017 12:51AM

joined Jul 3, 2014

I'm actually intersted in the reasoning that went into the loyalties and the Neither choice, can you please expand a bit?

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

Personally I would pick nene 100%. I hate quick and dirty coders that increase the workload of their coworkers.

I basically had the exact situation at work, there was this new guy that was reconverting from another job. He made mistakes since he didn't know crap in programming yet but always listened and tried to understand. They refused it the post and took this other guy that never speak with the rest of us, don't really want to learn our team way of coding, and never test shit,
I complained to my boss and it was like "he have skill that all I care about ".

5month after this guy told us he is quitting and I laugh alone at my boss bad call :)

Kaneki
joined Sep 15, 2017

Is the topic for game discussion? Who love games based on manga/ anime plot like me? (For example, I'm Naruto or Fairy Tails online). Actually I also like game that have graphics look like anime, hm... some kind of cute, adorable. I'm playing My hero . Anyone here plays it? Make friends and teams together!!!

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Is the topic for game discussion? Who love games based on manga/ anime plot like me? (For example, I'm Naruto or Fairy Tails online). Actually I also like game that have graphics look like anime, hm... some kind of cute, adorable. I'm playing My hero . Anyone here plays it? Make friends and teams together!!!

Enjoy:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5489-a-small-topic-for-video-games

last edited at Sep 15, 2017 2:59AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.