Forum › Yurucamp discussion

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

HELL YES, WE'RE BACK. HYYYYPPPEEE

joined Feb 15, 2013

Rin bring your gf to camping next time!!

Why share pictures when you two could experience it together

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

3 days ago I was complaining with myself about wanting the next chapter of this manga... I felt like the chapter 6.5 was so long ago (even with most of the mangas I read being bimonthly)... But today (or rather, yesterday) this new chapter was released, and it's always very worth the wait (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧.

inb4 complaints that this chapter wasn't a Hitoribocchi crossover

I'm upset that every chapter isn't a Hitoribocchi crossover

. . . Why? (didn't read this one yet)

Rin bring your gf to camping next time!!

Why share pictures when you two could experience it together

True it is.

PS: I think this song matches really well with this manga.

last edited at Sep 10, 2017 4:01AM

Rin
joined Aug 4, 2017

Read all the current chapters in one go, reading it in the early morning with some warm coffee was the absolute best.

What I can definitely appreciate from this manga is how it manages to break the usual stereotypes most SoL moe anime have made staple. Rin isn't just a camping loner who has no friends, and her reactions to things and thoughts are so hilariously relatable. Kagamihara is genki but she's very good at cooking and respects boundaries (like she knows Rin would rather sleep than see the sunrise so she just quietly sits outside the tent than bothering to wake her up).

Plus Rin and Kagamihara thinking about each other and what they're doing at the moment is very cute and sweet. I hope Rin gets goaded into camping during the summer.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I gave this series a review! https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/10/13/yurucamp-%e2%96%b3/

I think it's goddamn excellent. You should look forward to what's to come because it's all great. So slow and relaxed, so funny, nice characters. AGH! IT'S GOOD!

Mainly, like nuyari, I love that this series breaks SoL conventions. Elevates the thing to insane levels in my eyes. Ive read all the chapters available in bound volumes, but I'm not caught up on the latest chapters. It's all super, super good.

last edited at Oct 16, 2017 8:23AM

joined Dec 4, 2015

Two more months for the anime, I just can't wait. I'm liking this manga so much that I even bought the first volume (wanted to buy all 4, but will have to wait... hopefully they will still be in stock X~X)

joined Feb 15, 2013

Read chapters 8 and 9 in one go, and it was romantic as fk

Nadeshiko can't stop thinking about Rin unconsciously, while Rin has been totally a maiden-in-love.

joined Dec 4, 2015

Always worth the wait. By the end of the chapters I'm always with a smile in my face, this manga is too good~

Rin
joined Aug 4, 2017

Man the last chapter made me really hungry. I may just get that portable grill myself.

And wow, chapter 9 was so fluffy. It's nice to see them both being overly cautious but still constantly thinking about each other, it makes the scenes when they do finally talk really, really cute. And Rin's smile in chapter 9 just made the whole thing so romantic, but then again nothing can beat them rushing to take a photo for each other in chapter 8.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Damn this story is comfy as fuck... Really love this chilling sweet feeling that came out of every chapter. And Rin-chan.. I think I'm falling in love.

joined Dec 4, 2015

The best New Year's present.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

so the first episode of the anime just came out, and it's actually pretty good. :)

It's following along the 1st chapter.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Hmm it is not engaging enough. I find it dull. :\

joined Jun 23, 2017

Well, that's slice of life for you, nothing really out of the ordinary or grand is happening. Oh yes, and the romance is pretty low, there is sub-subtext perhaps, but not much. So I guess if chilling in nature isn't your thing or if the characters don't connect with you, it looks dull.

I'm afraid (or glad?) the anime will catch up pretty fast with the scanlation.

joined Jun 12, 2015

After this week episode, and rereading all the chapter, I am convinced that Rin is totally gay for Nadeshiko now

joined Jan 21, 2015

After this week episode, and rereading all the chapter, I am convinced that Rin is totally gay for Nadeshiko now

I'm having a similar reaction. I didn't really see any subtext when reading the manga but for some reason it feels obvious in the anime. I kind of want to think of the scene in the car where Rin compares the sisters as her looking at Nadeshiko's sister who is so nice and pretty, and then looking at the human-sized puppy she fell for and questioning her own taste.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

can someone translate the last panel pls

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

The anime is definitely shipping them harder. Rin's giving Nadeshiko some very tender looks, and the part where she shyly tries to wake Nadeshiko after the sunrise viewing wasn't in the manga at all.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

So the old guy who cooks steak in anime is probably Rin's grandpa,huh?

joined Jun 23, 2017

After this week episode, and rereading all the chapter, I am convinced that Rin is totally gay for Nadeshiko now.

It's funny, I thought it was the other way around and I was seeing Rin's subtle hints thanks to the manga. I should rewatch and reread everything more carefully, yes!

I really love that Rin isn't the perfect camping girl and not entirely emotionless. Just a loner with a calm behaviour that can also screws up and get angry. Nadeshiko is the best friend she could asks to make her come out of her shell some more!

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Ship all you want but I personally enjoy this because it doesn't present any subtext. It's nice having a series about girls that doesn't suggest they want romance or sex from one another, just friendship. I'm more than seasoned enough to spot a hint, but I haven't found any in either the anime or manga.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

There's a large volume of subtext-laden slice of life series, yes. In fact that's the default: what are you talking about? Real yuri is in fair abundance as well in manga form, just not anime. But, really, my point is that within this genre of "girls hanging out", the commonality is "they hang out, and are almost flirty". I honestly don't really know how you could read anything of this genre and not notice that.

I never spoke of oppression, so another "what?" to that. I am literally only talking about this specific genre/realm of fiction.

joined Dec 4, 2016

I don't see any obvious gay feeling or any subtext at all on the anime. Not that it's matter or deal breaker for me.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Ship all you want but I personally enjoy this because it doesn't present any subtext. It's nice having a series about girls that doesn't suggest they want romance or sex from one another, just friendship. I'm more than seasoned enough to spot a hint, but I haven't found any in either the anime or manga.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing to have yuri on a heavy yuri reader forum. Shun the non-believer!!

I'm more than seasoned enough to spot a hint, but I haven't found any in either the anime or manga.

That depends on the amount of affection you're used to display for your friends. I personally don't think of getting souvenirs for my friends when I travel, nor do I look at pictures of my friend. Or just then, in the last episode when she thinks the brother and the sister maybe came as a couple and smiles/blush, then it fades toward Rin; then there's Rin finding Nadeshiko's sister cute... That's at least subsubtext!

It could mean anything, but I'm not just shipping for the sake of shipping! No sir! I have my reasons.

And holy shit Rin actually going to Nadeshiko's tent after refusing it. This show's too cute for his own sake. Loving the drunk teacher as well, hope we'll see a bit of them at school.

To reply you must either login or sign up.