Forum › The Snow Princess discussion

Donte
joined Sep 12, 2013

I'm all sorts of confused... "I never realized the woman from the glasses store is you!" Really. Wat.

I got to say the main character is cute though.

i was being suffocated with aaaaangst, it all paid of tho.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Man I thought they were gonna be all lovey dovey but nope that happens XD nice read overall

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Hah, false hope and crushing disappointment. Maybe she'll succeed in the possible sequel?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Not as angsty as I expected, also kind of a funny view on the situation... I would love to see the "recapture her attention" part...

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Lol. That was kinda angsty. I laughed at the end though. Can't believe she was the glasses woman too.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

I don't know I don't like the director. Make one of your actors fall in love with her partner then steal said partner away from her only to show that actress how to put more emotions into your play? That's plain cruel

joined Jul 17, 2013

Kinda sad but still cute ; v ;

TheYuriReviewer
Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

I wonder if this was inspired by frozen in any way

joined Mar 25, 2013

I wonder if this was inspired by frozen in any way

You do know this is a theater play on the original story, and Frozen is "based" on it and has almost no connection to it other than that, even the characters in Frozen aren't the same as the original story, also I think this came out way before Frozen.

Don't think I don't like Frozen (watched it in the cinema 11 times) it's just that that comparison doesn't make sense, if you want to watch a movie based on "The Snow Queen" you should watch the Hallmark version. (:

Nevertheless would love to see a continuation of this, don't like sad endings very much.

last edited at Mar 19, 2014 7:16AM

76925bc27b36af156d0671bdda0b25dc65afa68f
joined Sep 5, 2011

Loved the director ~

Large
joined Jun 4, 2012

i would like to read the sequel, if there is one :<

Elmo
joined Jan 23, 2014

That was cute but I agree there has to be a sequel. "Gerda" needs to get her "Kai" back =D

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hiroki is a terrible friend and she doesn't deserve Mana's affection

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Someday sounds like never ever

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

What, why? Because she's oblivious to Mana's feelings? That's Mana's fault. You can blame Hiroki for being stupid or imperceptive, but that's not really up to her.

I really liked this up until the ending, and then it just seemed like a waste. Mana is great, though. I love seeing arrogant characters falling in love. The way they change how they act around that person is always charming.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

What, why? Because she's oblivious to Mana's feelings? That's Mana's fault. You can blame Hiroki for being stupid or imperceptive, but that's not really up to her.

No
Because she abandoned her the very moment she became a horny beast

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

No
Because she abandoned her the very moment she became a horny beast

She turned down Mana's offer to go out exactly one time because she already had plans. Not exactly abandonment nor worth condemning her for.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

She turned down Mana's offer to go out exactly one time because she already had plans. Not exactly abandonment nor worth condemning her for.

When Mana was angsting she saw her there again, it's safe to assume that she kept going there for the following days, Mana also kept her distance since angst, but Hiroki didn't give a shit even when she was having obvious psychological issues when she couldn't act
If they got together looks like it would be a really superficial relationship so i'm really glad that didn't happen

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

When Mana was angsting she saw her there again, it's safe to assume that she kept going there for the following days, Mana also kept her distance since angst, but Hiroki didn't give a shit even when she was having obvious psychological issues when she couldn't act
If they got together looks like it would be a really superficial relationship so i'm really glad that didn't happen

First off, there's nothing to assume that Mana asked Shouko every day since getting contacts since we've only got the first one, and I'm not even sure where you're getting that Mana kept her distance from because I'm not seeing it. Secondly, you have no idea what Mana's angsting actually looks like when you're not given her perspective; imagine being someone who just recently met her and can't read her mind.

The only noticeable angst not related to "I'm having trouble acting" (which she likely had an excuse for, otherwise everyone would probably be worried immediately), is her running off. Could Shouko have gone after her? Sure, but the Director knows her better and is obviously more capable of getting Mana to calm down and act again.

But yes, if they got together right now it would be a very superficial relationship, just like it would be if Shouko immediately forgot her attraction to the director the minute Mana started angsting. Now, Mana has to actually work to get Shouko's attraction instead of just having it, building a relationship beyond what they have now. And there is, of course, nothing wrong with Shouko staying with the director and Mana eventually moving on.

last edited at Mar 20, 2014 2:07AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

and I'm not even sure where you're getting that Mana kept her distance from because I'm not seeing it.

Yeah i got kinda confused in the timeline, looks like 3 days passed since getting the contacts, the acting problem happening on the second and the awakening on the third

Secondly, you have no idea what Mana's angsting actually looks like when you're not given her perspective; imagine being someone who just recently met her and can't read her mind.

We do know though
"I want to act but my feelings are getting in my way
Sure we could say that that she's more upset about not being able to act, but the point is she's obviously being overthrown by the feeling of sadness from getting "replaced"

The only noticeable angst not related to "I'm having trouble acting" (which she likely had an excuse for, otherwise everyone would probably be worried immediately), is her running off. Could Shouko have gone after her? Sure, but the Director knows her better and is obviously more capable of getting Mana to calm down and act again.

The next scene after the incident is Shouko and Mana saying goodbye while Shouko flies off to the contact lady with a smile, it also doesn't help that we don't get no intels whatsoever about Shouko's character after she gets the contact, even the secondary artists shows more character by saying they were worried, but assuming Shouko's action by doing nothing in relation to Mana's problems and only fangirling about the director since getting the contacts (by the perspective we are given) kinda shows that she really doesn't care much about her at all

last edited at Mar 20, 2014 6:17AM

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

We do know though
"I want to act but my feelings are getting in my way
Sure we could say that that she's more upset about not being able to act, but the point is she's obviously being overthrown by the feeling of sadness from getting "replaced"

She said "I need to be Gerda, but my feelings are getting in the way" when she was alone with the Director, where Shouko wouldn't have heard it.

The next scene after the incident is Shouko and Mana saying goodbye while Shouko flies off to the contact lady with a smile, it also doesn't help that we don't get no intels whatsoever about Shouko's character after she gets the contact, even the secondary artists shows more character by saying they were worried, but assuming Shouko's action by doing nothing in relation to Mana's problems and only fangirling about the director since getting the contacts (by the perspective we are given) kinda shows that she really doesn't care much about her at all

Yes, Shouko goes and meets the person she's attracted to after they're done with rehearsal and likely after Mana had given an excuse as to why she's having trouble. And I'd assume that her character didn't suddenly change as she doesn't seem any different after getting contacts; she's still a fangirl for the director, and she still seems pretty friendly.

But do you really think Shouko just completely ignored Mana running off and didn't care one damn bit about it? Not only is that unlikely for what we've seen of her character, it's unlikely for any character that hasn't been explicitly made out to be disliked would do that. Maybe she hasn't been committing as much to her new friendship as Mana has, but that's completely understandable in that Mana is attracted to Shouko while Shouko is currently pursuing another woman; she shouldn't be expected to focus as much on their relationship as the person who's pining after her.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

But do you really think Shouko just completely ignored Mana running off and didn't care one damn bit about it? Not only is that unlikely for what we've seen of her character, it's unlikely for any character that hasn't been explicitly made out to be disliked would do that. Maybe she hasn't been committing as much to her new friendship as Mana has, but that's completely understandable in that Mana is attracted to Shouko while Shouko is currently pursuing another woman; she shouldn't be expected to focus as much on their relationship as the person who's pining after her.

Well, that's my main problem with this manga, it's not exactly very well told
One would assume that it's normal for a friend to worry about eachother when they're having problems, but we're simply not shown that
Maybe there could appear another chapter focused on Shouko's point of view and maybe it could show that she was worried all along, maybe even bringing out the subject to the director, but the facts we are given at the moment is that Shouko doesn't show not even a single reaction to what's going on with her friend that they clicked so well at the beginning
Also i like this author's other works a lot, especially Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep, so i'm pretty confident that, if she wanted to show that their friendship is more than that, she could, in the end this is a story solely about Mana, with Shouko being nothing more than a plot device

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

sequel!!!

though I tend to agree with Kyonne, which means I don't think a sequel is likely :(

Art02
joined Apr 18, 2015

I don't know I don't like the director. Make one of your actors fall in love with her partner then steal said partner away from her only to show that actress how to put more emotions into your play? That's plain cruel

Really is, I've read this twice now, and this second time I actually realised that she herself told them to go there, really makes me dislike her and yet still like her...because there was some good intention?

To reply you must either login or sign up.