Forum › Anime season

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

THE CITY OF UNIVERSE 11

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Oh, sin Nanatsu no Taizai finally ended. It's yuri, but the real reason to watch it is how interestingly bad it is. Vague and contradictory plot, constant tonal issues, and bizarre bastardization of Christian mytholgy. Good set design, though

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Well at least we got some yuri subtext from Kale side.

I don't want any yuri with Kale, her forehead is ugly!

She is sexy in Ssj!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Akira x Yukari intensifies more
And Ciel ships it! LOL

Oh, sin Nanatsu no Taizai finally ended. It's yuri, but the real reason to watch it is how interestingly bad it is. Vague and contradictory plot, constant tonal issues, and bizarre bastardization of Christian mytholgy. Good set design, though

I assume there's no "real" relationships right? Is it a Lucy's harem end? I think I'll finish it later when I run out of shows.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I assume there's no "real" relationships right? Is it a Lucy's harem end? I think I'll finish it later when I run out of shows.

Lucifer and Maria get some major subtext but it's never quite confirmed to be romantic. Still probably the best writing in the show. No real harem, but there's a couple possible side-couples

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Missed this link yesterday I was practically asleep
No, they are not hiding it! And here I thought the yuri wouldn't be as strong in Kira Kira after the romance novela that was Maho girls xD.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I was waiting for something to happen in the OP of the latest Aho Girl ep... & nothing happened. Feel cheated.

The actual ep was gr8 tho. Yoshiko's mom is mom of the century.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So Yu-Gi-Oh finally decided to stop beating around the bush and acknowledge Destiny Draws?
I'm okay with that!

joined Mar 25, 2013

Is Ange Vierge worth it for the yuri? Genuine yuri that is. I mean I'm guessing not since it's barely mentioned and it's more likely it's subtext, but still.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Ange Vierge most certainly does have blown yuri. Complete with love confessions, naked soul mates, and two sisters bang each other at least twice.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Ange Vierge most certainly does have blown yuri. Complete with love confessions, naked soul mates, and two sisters bang each other at least twice.

Is the direction following that trash called Cross Ange through? "Oh here yuri, you like girls kissing and lying naked with each other but absolutely won't have happy ending, right?"

Kinda suck that Centaur Nozomi didn't play up, rather than down the whole Nozomi x Hime part. Like they do include everything, but it seemed that they were trying hard to keep it a subtext instead.

For example that part when Hime wishing that she could experience the pricess-carry. And Nozomi secretly checking on her arm muscle to see if she could do it.

last edited at Aug 3, 2017 10:22PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

No, Ange Vierge has absolutely no connection to Cross Ange. And at least two of the couples do get a very happy ending.

There are still half a season left for Centaur so we will see.

I really hope Princess Principal is going the direction I think it is.

last edited at Aug 3, 2017 10:38PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

No, Ange Vierge has absolutely no connection to Cross Ange. And at least two of the couples do get a very happy ending.

There are still half a season left for Centaur so we will see.

I really hope Princess Principal is going the direction I think it is.

Oh my apologies, I thought it was the sequence of that Cross Ange at first, but apparently it is a different anime.

The biggest shipping cue of Hime x Nozomi is that extra fourth-wall breaking chapter. Not sure if it will be in the anime though

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

risingstar3110 posted:

Kinda suck that Centaur Nozomi didn't play up, rather than down the whole Nozomi x Hime part. Like they do include everything, but it seemed that they were trying hard to keep it a subtext instead.

Well it was just subtext in the manga as well. I really can't blame them though, since even if they have to cut some parts, because of the time restrain, they overall are pretty faithful to manga and they keep the lesbian side couple exactly as they were without trying to downplay and/or removing them from the show. They even showed their kiss without much problem, so I don't really think they have anything against yuri.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Its actually just text since the manga literally talks about Nozomi and Hime dating, and that the reason they dont is that it would make the manga even more niche.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Cannibal posted:

Its actually just text since the manga literally talks about Nozomi and Hime dating, and that the reason they dont is that it would make the manga even more niche.

Oh yea, there was something like that. Wasn't it just a joke and breaking the forth wall though?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Cannibal posted:

Oh yea, there was something like that. Wasn't it just a joke and breaking the forth wall though?

Yeah, it's a fourth wall breaking moment but since it's recognized by the manga it's no longer subtext, it's just text. It shows that the author would have them date if it weren't for the possibility of alienating a portion of readers. Luckily that doesn't stop them with the yuri side couples.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ihIVEB3LY
How did these guys manage to reprise Tohru Furuya as fucking Ribbons, but had to call the guy who voiced Rau le Creuset for Char?
One fucking job!

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

That is Char's voice actor in the Origin films though. As in, the real Char Aznable and not not Casval Rem Deikun so it may be another meta joke.

I wish we had an animated version of Ribbons vs Amuro. Honestly my favorite thing in SRWZ2 is that interaction.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

New Game, considering the source of drama always surroundd Aoba and her chasing after Kou, obviously the anime put all of Aoba x Kou to be its central spine. And as a big shipper of these two, fairly content with both S1 and S2 so far.

Don't know what to say about Aoba spending 7 seconds staring at Kou undies in ep 1 through...

last edited at Aug 5, 2017 8:15AM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Mitty x Nanachi

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Probably would ship Aoba and Kou too if Rin didn't exist. And now we are getting little hints that the relationship between Hifumi x Aoba will mirror that of Kou x Rin. The whole meat and potatoes that Hifumi made for Aoba with the secret ingredient being love is some pretty solid "subtext". Especially when she got irritated when Kou and Rin started eating it.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Leave universe 10 to Gohan!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Please someone tell me I'm not the only one hoping for Carol to pull a TFS Nail/Kami and start talking on Elfnein's head. I mean, the GX specials are already canon and Carol was pretty silly there...
I know she was practically dead at the end of GX but they brought Ver back again! Let me dream!

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

"The love affair of just the two of us"

So Princess Principal is officially yuri, right? Looks like Studio 3Hz is going for a repeat of FliFla with the surprise yuri. If you are not watching it yet I highly recommend it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.