Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

I reckon if they were to start living together, they'd own a cat (Touko is a cat lover, obv) & a dog or several of them.

Decided to make a fanart out of this.

That's the sweetest fanart of Touko and Yuu I've seen. Have you thought about uploading it here? i mean in the main page not in the comments section. And also on pixiv or pages like that

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Dunno how image upload works around here. Thank you for reminding me that I have a Pixiv page I never use lol

joined Feb 18, 2015

Not really relevant but I wanted to pinpoint that in that train scene Yuu is thinking "It's not bad if she stays asleep like this". That's the more literal translation, 4s added some lines and while the meaning is the same, the literal translation could give a different feeling just a bit.

Even that quote sounds like it could be taken with a double meaning. It could be interpreted as Yuu thinking that she's fine with letting Touko continue sleeping--to continue shutting herself off from reality (and perhaps live in her dreams?). It represents the last shreds of her inner desire to let Touko continue her toxic fantasies because that is what is normal between them.

But, at the same time, Yuu knows that this can't continue much longer... Either her feelings will overflow and, in her view, ruin everything; something will happen to further disillusion Touko about her sister's life and throw her into disarray and she proved to her earlier that Yuu isn't the first person she is likely to turn to, which Yuu doesn't want to happen; or the play will finish and Touko will have completed her task, so to speak, and entirely lose direction in life and Yuu will need to try to pick up the pieces once the ideal of her sister isn't there as a goal anymore.

The question is which one comes first...

I dunno, dude, but either way, I'm on the edge of my seat. I think we're actually approaching the climax now, and I'm a little nervous because I think, at this point, it can go any way.

IKR! It is so rare that a story has me this uncertain of how it will end, without the writing being just horrible. I do NOT believe that the writing is bad at ALL in this story. I think it is excellent. The ability to keep me on the edge of my seat with, what is essentially a simple romance story, is WONDERFUL!

I reckon if they were to start living together, they'd own a cat (Touko is a cat lover, obv) & a dog or several of them.

Decided to make a fanart out of this.

Melting... too... cute...

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

^ Dunno how image upload works around here. Thank you for reminding me that I have a Pixiv page I never use lol

I think you need to do a request here, or you could ask a mod to help you. It's a beautiful fanart, so more people should see it!

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 1:19PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The ability to keep me on the edge of my seat with, what is essentially a simple romance story, is WONDERFUL!

Yes, the thing that sets it apart for me is the way that the changes in the characters are so fully set up and developed. In a lot of yuri manga characters seem to just flip one way or another as needed by the plot without much exploration of why it happens (from unawareness of another character's feelings, or to acceptance of a confession, or to "Let's go back to being friends," etc.). To have come this far in the story and given us such a clear picture of how and why the characters have changed, and yet still leaving us pretty much in the dark about where things are finally going to end up is pretty remarkable. (I can think of four or five different outcomes where I could look back and say, "Ah, of course, we've been given clear indications that would happen all along.")

At this point my main irrational fear is not that the right ship won't come in (although I certainly have my hopes) but that the ending will somehow be botched or unsatisfactory. That's "irrational" because the storytelling so far has been so skilled and self-assured there's just no reason to believe it will falter down the stretch (but such things have been known to happen).

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I think you need to do a request here, or you could ask a mod to help you. It's a beautiful fanart, so more people should see it!

Glad you like it! Well, I uploaded it on Pixiv: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=64165718. If anyone wants to upload/share it anywhere else, that's fine.

IKR! It is so rare that a story has me this uncertain of how it will end, without the writing being just horrible. I do NOT believe that the writing is bad at ALL in this story. I think it is excellent. The ability to keep me on the edge of my seat with, what is essentially a simple romance story, is WONDERFUL!

The writing is great. No doubt about that. Complex, fully fleshed-out, & well-developed characters. Slow but naturally progressing plot with well thought out & well-executed themes that still manages to keep possibilities open for different endings. Good use of subtle parallels & symbolism which gives it great re-read value. It also doesn't rely on cliche developments so the experience feels fresh. I'm glad this series is getting the attention it deserves in JP. I'll continue to hope for an anime.

To have come this far in the story and given us such a clear picture of how and why the characters have changed, and yet still leaving us pretty much in the dark about where things are finally going to end up is pretty remarkable. (I can think of four or five different outcomes where I could look back and say, "Ah, of course, we've been given clear indications that would happen all along.")

Agree!

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 6:39PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Aww :(

91174211_215395393136656_8792315491096985600_n
joined Dec 5, 2016

^
She knows the flapjack octopus exists. I think that's a big hint already.

Not only that, she was shocked that Touko didn't. She's an aficionado of this stuff, clearly.

How do you people NOT know the flapjack octopus? Is that even possible? It's too cute not to be known by the whole of humanity. It was even gonna get officially named "adorabilis" :D (I'm not an aficionado or anything just a fan of cute things)

@gudetamago I came back here just to read your insight on this chapter. <3

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

@Ceciliasol Glad to know you enjoy my overanalyses lol Come back more often & join in the discussion. Always nice to have more people around sharing their thoughts.

Also, all 4 YagaKimi vols just went on reprint. Good news.

last edited at Aug 2, 2017 2:14AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

^
She knows the flapjack octopus exists. I think that's a big hint already.

Not only that, she was shocked that Touko didn't. She's an aficionado of this stuff, clearly.

How do you people NOT know the flapjack octopus? Is that even possible? It's too cute not to be known by the whole of humanity. It was even gonna get officially named "adorabilis" :D (I'm not an aficionado or anything just a fan of cute things)

I don't find it cute though...

On the other hand, I find the giant isopod to be cute.

last edited at Aug 2, 2017 5:33AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm new to this board and have a question about spoiler tags. I get it about sharing information from material that hasn't been posted here (and from anime, when there is one), but I notice people in this thread using them for things like speculation about what might happen, or even just opinions about what they'd like to see happen. I looked around the forum for more details about what counts as a "spoiler," and if it's there I missed it.

I do want to avoid spoiling anything, so any help would be appreciated.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ The only rule regarding spoilers is to not spoil contents that haven't been officially posted to the site (like, posting it in the 4rum thread doesn't make it ok to start spoiling) or anime eps' contents that are still fairly new. Other usages of spoilers are entirely up to you. I tend to use it if I think anything I post might spoil the fun for other people or for comedic purposes.

I don't find it cute though...

On the other hand, I find the giant isopod to be cute.

Koyomi, is that you?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thanks!
Touko, like all the best people, has a glasses fetish, so in the end she runs off with Kanou Koyomi; bonding over their mutual heartbreak, Yuu and Ayaka eventually run a franchise of the Yuri-esque Café together.

joined Jul 29, 2017

Good Afternoon
Just testing if I can post on this forum.

joined Jul 29, 2017

The story is so good, that I was reading two other Yuri stories, that I drop them completely, this story and its story telling to me is excellent ,it has a lot to say and offer and It can pack a punch. Someone said this can be a Yuri masterpiece (I agree).

Every time I read Bloom into you I have playing in the background the songs of the Grey
's Anatomy Musical event TV show. The songs that fit are "Chasing cars.......The Story ... and how to save a life".

The song "The Story" by Sara Ramirez fits Touko to a tee.

With the recent chapter "Lighthouse" I believe its Yuu time to bring Touko into port, as she mentioned before in previous chapter she wants to change her. To find her true self, and change the rule of engagement in their relationship. Touko is good to give Yuu her love, but she its still protective of herself because of her fear of who she is, maybe not like her sister who she admires ,and Yuu must navigate this mine field.

This episode was excellent on how Yuu handle their date to the Aquarian and not mentioning y the changes to the play, everything will have its place and time .

Now waiting for the next chapter.............the story continues...........

"The course of true love never did run smooth "........William Shakespeare

36115229_p0
joined Jan 24, 2016

Ch. 24
What a cliffhanger..

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

It's fine if no one cares, but YagaKimi just got 4th place (& was only 27pts apart from 3rd place) in the 3rd annual Upcoming Manga Grand Prix ranking: http://tsugimanga.jp/result/2017/comics/

In this ranking, 50 ongoing manga under 5 volumes are chosen as nominees and then online voting is taken place over a period of 1 month. There were several yuri & yuri-ish titles getting nominated this year: http://tsugimanga.jp/nominate/2017/comics/. The ones that made it include HSL (13th), Oshi ga Budoukan Itte Kureta Shinu (11th), Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan (9th), & YagaKimi. Kuzushiro's work, Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu, also made it at 15th but I heard that it's yuri bait so uhh... rip.

Edit: Forgot to mention, quite a few titles that made it in previous rankings have gotten their anime adaptations, so fingers crossed?

last edited at Aug 23, 2017 11:43AM

joined Aug 22, 2017

Has the new chapter out already?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Raw: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5290664247

Huh, the last thing I expected was an entire chapter focusing on Koyomi.
The new script is complete & the title is "Kimi Shika Shiranai" (the meaning is being discussed to either be "I don't know anyone but you" or "No one knows but you"). I'm so glad Nakatani didn't make the title "Yagate Kimi ni Naru" lol Was dreading that.
& they still haven't told the rest of the gang about the changed ending yet. So, play at the beginning of vol 6, hopefully?

last edited at Aug 25, 2017 3:28PM

Img_1189
joined Jul 4, 2017

Raw: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5290664247

I appreciate you so much.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

TL: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm9x7tvn1qyoz7j/%5B4s%5D_Yagate_Kimi_ni_Naru_-_25.zip

It's actually a nice chapter for one that focuses entirely on a side character. Going back to the gender expectation theme with Koyomi finding out her author crush is actually female, instead of an older man she believed her to be & based her taste off. Being male or female shouldn't affect your view on who they are or what they do or even your admiration of them is what's getting across here. The experience helped her got out of her writer's block though, so we'll see how it will affect the writing of the new script.

Random thought, does Maki have no LINE icon or is that human blob his icon?

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 9:58PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Chapter 25: An excellent side-story chapter about Koyomi meeting her favorite author and discovering that SHE uses a masculine pen name. In the long run, I think it might provide even more motivation for her. After all, now she doesn't just have an author she admires, but a living, breathing role model who is "living the dream" as a woman writing best selling novels in a genre that, from the sounds of it, is dominated by men in Japan. (I would guess that is the reason for the pen name or was when she started.)

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Looks like the pages on chapter 25 are out of order

last edited at Aug 30, 2017 1:27PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I wasn't expecting to enjoy a Koyomi chapter so much but it ended up being surprisingly gay.

Now I want a semi-sequel to this centered on Koyomi becoming an author and having an age-gap romance with Renma-sensei.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Uhh didn't she just indirectly tell Maki she is rewriting the script in her text by accident?..

To reply you must either login or sign up.