Forum › Anime season

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Anyone who went through the Kakegurui manga know of its been followed closely? Only part I read was vol6 for the yuri. Think that volume might get animated?

Pretty damn close to a 1:1 adaptation so far. Based on the OP, they'll probably reach that yuri arc.

Edit: I went to re-check the manga chapters, the yuri arc starts from ch 29. So far, they adapted 4.5 chaps into 3 eps. There are 12 in total this season, so they might only adapt up to the idol girl's arc or the glasses dude's arc. So the yuri arc might have to wait till S2, assuming this does get a S2 which I think is likely.

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 12:48AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oooh I like Centaur Worries so much!!! I was expecting yuri like that, fearless too... Thanks Japan!

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

The good old gaydar was going off during that Princess Principal show. But we'll see....

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Anyone who went through the Kakegurui manga know of its been followed closely? Only part I read was vol6 for the yuri. Think that volume might get animated?

Pretty damn close to a 1:1 adaptation so far. Based on the OP, they'll probably reach that yuri arc.

Edit: I went to re-check the manga chapters, the yuri arc starts from ch 29. So far, they adapted 4.5 chaps into 3 eps. There are 12 in total this season, so they might only adapt up to the idol girl's arc or the glasses dude's arc. So the yuri arc might have to wait till S2, assuming this does get a S2 which I think is likely.

A scene of that arc is in the opening. They rarely put things on opening that's not on the show itself. Like, almost never.
So they might rush and skip stuff soon to get to it.
That or the show'll have more than 12 episodes actually, although that would mean that scene would appear on the second opening, so it's unlikely.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

So they might rush and skip stuff soon to get to it.

Seems likely cuz it'll end on a better note with that arc than any of the two I mentioned since they basically beat the entire student council then

The good old gaydar was going off during that Princess Principal show. But we'll see....

From the creators, according to someone on /u/: "The core of the story is the special relationship between the protagonist Ange and Princess."

Let's just hope that the red staining on the princess' dress isn't a foreshadowing of a tragic ending

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 1:12AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits episode 2 had a really gay scene. I actually thought it was a character's hallucination at first. The show itself is fun, even if you don't care for tokusatsu shows.

Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise. With the rotating focus, I'm not sure how much yuri we can expect in the future, though

So [Kakegurui's] yuri arc might have to wait till S2, assuming this does get a S2 which I think is likely.

A second season isn't happening any time soon; there's just not enough material released (and if there is including that arc would be weird, considering what happens right after it). Most likely they'll be picking up the pace a bit in later episodes, though OVA episodes are possible

Really? I didn't notice anything particularly yuri-ish there

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Really? I didn't notice anything particularly yuri-ish there

Princess & the pauper. Childhood best friends. The secret is only between them.

These are the ingredients to make the perfect subtext yuri.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits episode 2 had a really gay scene. I actually thought it was a character's hallucination at first. The show itself is fun, even if you don't care for tokusatsu shows.

That scene was excellent!! Really made my heart beat faster!

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Sakura Quest: I've started shipping Ririko and Lucia because of the last two episodes. They're just adorable together!

joined Jan 21, 2015

Sakura Quest: I've started shipping Ririko and Lucia because of the last two episodes. They're just adorable together!

Yay for international yuri and Ririko making new friends!
I really liked the atrocious attempts at English in this arc. It made sense that everyone struggled so much, since they were people from different non-English-speaking countries trying to communicate.

I'm also fond of the new ending sequence (unsurprisingly).

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I really liked the atrocious attempts at English in this arc. It made sense that everyone struggled so much, since they were people from different non-English-speaking countries trying to communicate.

I watched the first episode of Sakura Quest but it didn't hook me. Is it worth continuing it?

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I watched the first episode of Sakura Quest but it didn't hook me. Is it worth continuing it?

Yes. It only gets better with each episode.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Yes. It only gets better with each episode.

What Kayo-chin said. Maybe give it two more episodes? If you're not sold after ep 3 chances are it won't be your thing.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

HaruKana Receive is getting an anime. Remember that one? Swimsuits and subtext verging on maintext?

Also, have I mentioned how much I hate how markdown handles links?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well, Princess Principal ep 3 was exciting...

Ange: Let's elope together.
Charlotte: No, I want to become queen & unify this country so we can be gay together forever legally.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Don't forget Beatrice! All that "I will protect Princess" stuff is pretty romantically charged in Japanese media

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

And you doubted me XD
Ange is going to have to fight for the princess at this rate

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Nah, we all know that there is no competition since Beatrice is obviously the destined third wheel.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

^ Nah, we all know that there is no competition since Beatrice is obviously the destined third wheel.

Dang, man that's harsh... but true

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I guess we are getting all the yuri we didn't get last season. LOL

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

SON GOKUUU just doesn't sound as catchy as KakarottOOOO

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

SON GOKUUU just doesn't sound as catchy as KakarottOOOO

Well at least we got some yuri subtext from Kale side.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well at least we got some yuri subtext from Kale side.

I don't want any yuri with Kale, her forehead is ugly!

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Well, Princess Principal ep 3 was exciting...

Ange: Let's elope together.
Charlotte: No, I want to become queen & unify this country so we can be gay together forever legally.

I interpret that as a confession! And no one can tell me otherwise!

It seems to be a show about lesbian spies. Like, le-spy-ans.

Yeah, I'll see myself out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.