Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

So is this a yuri? it kinda caught my interest. https://twitter.com/WALLLESS_LILY/status/889478784440610816

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Yesterday was my last day at work!! At last!! I'm so happy that I could throw a party for the occasion.. yeey xD
... or should I wait for Galich so we could celebrate together? ^^

(and thank goodness the Cafe exists ^_^, voice chats are for brave and talkative people)

Hey, you can celebrate before me and then we'll celebrate together! Double the celebration :)

Also, very nice art!

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Man the Star Dust Crusaders dub is really good

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Man the Star Dust Crusaders dub is really good

Still can't compete with Jap version.

Dio voice actor sounds like he was born to play Dio. Same goes for Joseph.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

went and bought Arakis manga in theory and practice.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

If you wan't to break Youtube then watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w5g5wb1pn4

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

If you wan't to break Youtube then watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w5g5wb1pn4

Have it playing in 50 tabs right now

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Apparently theirs a live action fist of the north star

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

https://youtu.be/_flKP_12IEw

Just a piano song to make the silence more colorful. :)

joined Jun 11, 2016

Nice to hear from you again Blackkitty! How has life been treating you?

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 5:49PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Hey there, SF! ^_^
I'm glad to see that there are still people around! Kinda missed the thread...
Thanks for asking, I'm doing okay-ish, having more free time at hand and not knowing what to do with it, except for staying away from the sun xd

What about you? and everyone else, of course :)
I bet everyone is having some sort of fun; sunshine has the property of charging the human heart with a desire for adventures xD

Also, it's been a while since the last time I read some yuri....^^"
The first title piping up in my mind is Flattering Feelings, I will start by rereading it.
What happened to Ssamba? I hope she is doing well fighting the illness. ^^"

joined Jun 11, 2016

Hey there, SF! ^_^
I'm glad to see that there are still people around! Kinda missed the thread...

Yeah, you and me both, I'd love for the Cafe to be like it was 2016. It was so full of life and fun and was pretty much paradise for anyone of the forum.

Thanks for asking, I'm doing okay-ish, having more free time at hand and not knowing what to do with it, except for staying away from the sun xd

I guess where you are the sun is blazing hot too huh? Where are you from? (If you don't mind sharing that is)

What about you? and everyone else, of course :)
I bet everyone is having some sort of fun; sunshine has the property of charging the human heart with a desire for adventures xD

I've been really active on discord, managed to voice chat with: Utoptia and Best Mangaka Rohan. Twas really fun!

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

¡Hola, people! (σ‾▿‾)-σ

(✿☉。☉) So quiet in here... But I can hear some piano music playing... pretty calming place to be actually ;)

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think I missed the heyday of this discussion but I'll do my part to revive it. I'm from the SF Bay Area, currently attending vocational school and quietly hoping to represent the US in Olympic weightlifting come 2028 (assuming it's still in the Olympics by then).

This topic might be overdone, does anyone else sometimes feel a little mixed up inside about liking manga and anime? I have certain friends that really don't approve and I'm always afraid I'm going to be judged.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

themusicman500 posted:

This topic might be overdone, does anyone else sometimes feel a little mixed up inside about liking manga and anime? I have certain friends that really don't approve and I'm always afraid I'm going to be judged.

All the time. Bringing it up or being seen by normies is always a awkward experience.

last edited at Aug 11, 2017 8:59PM

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

I kinda reluctant to talk about other animes so i keep it quite, only my close friend is where I can talk to

last edited at Aug 11, 2017 10:08PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That's still an issue in 2017? Huh. Can't say it's something I personally experience.

Admittedly I also wouldn't care either way. With all the retarded things people do manga/anime is about as harmless as it gets, so if anyone had a problem with it I'm fairly sure I could point out them doing something worse, whatever it'd be ...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Pyoro posted:

That's still an issue in 2017? Huh. Can't say it's something I personally experience.

I probably should add I do not live in US, but even there I think I still hear people being really taken aback by "weebs"? At least on internet.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm from a country with actual histo...I mean, I'm not from the US, either.

Now, "weebs" - well, that's different. If you walk around with your waifu-pillow and talk non-stop about how 2D girls are better or somesuch I'd probably feel the need to punch you, too.

But that doesn't have anything to do with just liking anime/manga or watching some. If you're annoying about something you like to somebody who isn't that interested you'll always get negative reactions, that's just common sense. I wouldn't want to hear about which wheel arrangement is the greatest for steam locomotives either (although that's clearly 1E, unless you're English, then it's 2-10-0).

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

My bad, I said weebs in quotation, because it feels like for most people there is no difference. It seems that as long as you are into anime/manga just a bit more than average joe, you are already treated like a wierdo. But as I said, I base that assumption on very limited data.

last edited at Aug 12, 2017 10:46AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Guess this older post of mine sums up my answer pretty well.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Yeah, you and me both, I'd love for the Cafe to be like it was 2016. It was so full of life and fun and was pretty much paradise for anyone of the forum.

Hey, It will be a lively place again, I believe so. It's just that for our flower garden the season of singing birds is yet to come xD" even the sound of piano can't match it...

I guess where you are the sun is blazing hot too huh? Where are you from? (If you don't mind sharing that is)

Yeah, it's been scorching hot for the last month or so.. :( but I manage my paleness perfectly xD

It's no secret...I'm from Bulgaria, a Bulgarian kitty I'm ^^

I've been really active on discord, managed to voice chat with: Utoptia and Best Mangaka Rohan. Twas really fun!

Oh, Discord ^^ one day, when I decide to challenge my comfort zone, I will join in xD"

Oh, I miss those two :) they are always in the center of an interesting conversation.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I think I missed the heyday of this discussion but I'll do my part to revive it. I'm from the SF Bay Area, currently attending vocational school and quietly hoping to represent the US in Olympic weightlifting come 2028 (assuming it's still in the Olympics by then).

Weightlifting? That's great! Good luck! Hasn't it been in the Olympics since the beginning ?

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Weightlifting? That's great! Good luck! Hasn't it been in the Olympics since the beginning ?

That's true, it was at the very first Olympic games, but lately there's been some controversy. Basically Russia and China refuse to drug test their athletes domestically, so they fail the IOC drug tests which in recent years have gotten really effective. The entire Russian and Chinese weightlifting teams were both banned this year, and now the IOC might ban the sport to not have to deal with the drug problem.

Chinese and Russian weightlifters are good but they just can't seem to follow the rules. It's rather sad.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Yep

To reply you must either login or sign up.