Forum › All is well that ends well. discussion

Music-note
joined Feb 28, 2014

Yay. More crack garbage from Yuri-ism.

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

I can't tell if that's a compliment or an insult... I thought it was really cute...

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

All that well that ends yuri. Or begins with yuri. Or contains some :3

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

how does the saying go, "crack is whack?" I wouldn't call this story crack. maybe a little naughty and slighty off, but definitely not crack and definitely a grade above garbage.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Good read I guess.

Music-note
joined Feb 28, 2014

I can't tell if that's a compliment or an insult... I thought it was really cute...

Insult. Obviously. Hence the word "garbage".

definitely not crack and definitely a grade above garbage.

Do you even have a clue what you are talking about? The word "crack" refers to the type of pairing it is. This is crack pairing.

I like how both people who said they like it either didn't know what a crack pairing was or did understand a simple sentence. The other people said they like anything that's yuri.

Really goes to show what kind of people enjoy bad content like this.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Doujinshi inherently involves a degree of artistic freedom on the part of the creator. That can be a good thing or a bad thing, but you can't honestly be surprised that Yuri-ism, as a group which focuses on doujin, is gonna take a position of impartiality when it comes to things inherently dependent on artists' creative freedom such as pairings or yuri in subtext series.

For all you know, there might be genuine fans of MakotoxRikka out there. At the least, it is clear that the artist of this doujin is -- which could not consist of a reason to automatically call them a "bad fan" (of DokiDoki Precure), fyi. Although ManaRitsu is my own preference, the high degree of focus on Mana with other characters could have naturally lead this artist to come to prefer Rikka with another character. Having tried to express MakoRitsu's appeal via doujin, and Yuri-ism having picked it up for quality of art or other factors, where's the harm? All your vehement rejection and insistence that 'crack is trash' only smells of rabid and ungrateful ship fanatacism.

I thought Yuri-ism had made clear, via their policy statement and communication in comments quite a long time ago, that they had an open-minded perspective regarding shipping and appreciated recommendations for alternative pairings, so long as the content was high quality. Though it's been a while since I visited their site regularly, with posters here admitting to this degree of rudeness and close-mindedness I'm forced to wonder about the state of their commenter-base; if it has really devolved so unfortunately that people think this sort of attitude is acceptable.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Do you even have a clue what you are talking about? The word "crack" refers to the type of pairing it is. This is crack pairing.

I like how both people who said they like it either didn't know what a crack pairing was or did understand a simple sentence. The other people said they like anything that's yuri.

you are correct, i do not know what a 'crack pairing' is. i didn't think making an old reference to a 90's anti-drug slogan would get your panties all up in a bunch. guess i was wrong. as to what a crack pairing it, i'll google it if i actually give a rats ass. next, your statement was rather obtuse. ok that may be a bit strong, but if you were trying to make a reference to the type of pairing then it was not terribly obvious. the only thing I got out of your statement was your disapproval. as for garbage, that's an opinion and utterly subjective. but opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. so what? as to what people like? again subjective. please refer to the sentence four sentences prior. and if you still have any qualms, please refer to the sentence about assholes and opinions.

now you have a good day, ya hear :-)

last edited at Mar 8, 2014 11:17PM

joined Jul 27, 2013

what's the harm? it's not like the mangaka will be making more doujins of this pairing any time soon anyway. plus, not everyone likes mana.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's a little known fact that a crack pairing existing has absolutely no effect on the more mainstream pairings.

Proven by science!

16af2e72dfa0398ce30acc03ffce8b4d
Yuri-ism
joined Mar 22, 2013

what's the harm? it's not like the mangaka will be making more doujins of this pairing any time soon anyway. plus, not everyone likes mana.

Fun fact, this artist got caught tracing and will probably never do anything again.

I thought Yuri-ism had made clear, via their policy statement

That's correct. This line has been on our requests page forever.

"Non-conventional pairings are fine. Though they may be much, much harder to find doujins for."

That said, we got this doujin because we were interested in the pairing ourselves. Hence why we actually have a banner of them.

joined Jul 27, 2013

Fun fact, this artist got caught tracing and will probably never do anything again.

i sure hope not. i love this mangaka's art and ships. but didn't higashiyama shou got caught tracing too? and he's back now.

Music-note
joined Feb 28, 2014

you are correct, i do not know what a 'crack pairing' is. i didn't think making an old reference to a 90's anti-drug slogan would get your panties all up in a bunch.

It didn't "get my panties" in a bunch, I was just making note of your ignorance. And lack of logic, the term crack is very common. And I regret to inform you that not everything is subjective. A work of anything can be flat out bad, no exceptions, and that is the case here. This is bad, OOC, and might as well not even be a doujin of said characters.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Gee, I wonder whose 56982048th alt account that is.

last edited at Mar 9, 2014 7:17AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

It didn't "get my panties" in a bunch, I was just making note of your ignorance. And lack of logic, the term crack is very common. And I regret to inform you that not everything is subjective. A work of anything can be flat out bad, no exceptions, and that is the case here. This is bad, OOC, and might as well not even be a doujin of said characters.

Who cares? You are not the arbiter of what type of doujin can be made or translated. So the only type of DokiDoki doujinshi you want to see is ManaRitsu, ManaRegina, ManaMakoto, or ManaAguri? Your insistence that doujins can never be OOC is both retarded and completely facetious.

@Troid
Nah, I think this is just the spillover from some controversy over on Yuri-ism's website. The alt account is the guy who posted after you, below.

@Sol Falling
Can you really do nothing but spew long winded and ultimately pointless arguments? Stop trying to Hero of Justice over the internet. Guess what, this is bad, so there's nothing wrong with people expressing dislike for it. Or are comments only for nonsensical gushing?

Pfft, if you're gonna call this doujin the standard, there is a ton of "bad" stuff on this site. Are you gonna go and shitpost about every one of them? Dynasty hasn't got a specific posting policy but realize that the discussion structure causes commenting to result in two promotional functions: upping the post count associated with a thread, and bumping it to the top of the discussion board. Naturally then it's more constructive to post about things you actually like or can contribute knowledge towards. If you can't help your autistic inclination to explicitly label everything you don't like as "bad", it sounds more like you're the one with some sort of retarded Internet Hero complex.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Who fucking cares about your standard though. That's not 'objective' knowledge. You're gonna try to set up an 'objective' argument about every frickin' story you come across? Even if you do feel some insistent need to let out your negative feelings about a work you come across, it's easier and more conducive to actual discussion if you frame things as "your opinion".

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

The alt account is the guy who posted after you, below

I'm aware. He's using several. And if you know this is the kind of person who makes alternate accounts and pretends to be multiple people, I can't fathom why you're still posting replies in an off-topic discussion with them.

last edited at Mar 9, 2014 9:19PM

Music-note
joined Feb 28, 2014

Who cares? You are not the arbiter of what type of doujin can be made or translated. So the only type of DokiDoki doujinshi you want to see is ManaRitsu, ManaRegina, ManaMakoto, or ManaAguri? Your insistence that doujins can never be OOC is both retarded and completely facetious.

If I had it my no Doki Doki content would ever be made or translated, as I dislike the series itself.
And I'm sorry for having standards, is that against the rules? Forgive me for not wanting to read out of character crap that could have just been original characters.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And I'm sorry for having standards, is that against the rules? Forgive me for not wanting to read out of character crap that could have just been original characters.

I doubt anyone minds you not liking to read things you don't care for.

What most people object to is bing a dick about it.

joined Nov 11, 2010

The alt account is the guy who posted after you, below

I'm aware. He's using several. And if you know this is the kind of person who makes alternate accounts and pretends to be multiple people, I can't fathom why you're still posting replies in an off-topic discussion with them.

My bad. I tend to be optimistic about the possibility of convincing people through logic. I'll submit to cutting things off here.

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Insult. Obviously. Hence the word "garbage".

Yeah I don't know why I was confused. Perhaps I was tired.

Tumblr_mmzjekkrdw1qlpahho1_1280
joined May 8, 2013
04.mp4_snapshot_16.56_[2019.05.22_16.15.19]
joined Nov 4, 2019

from where this ship came from it doesn't make sense
it make less sense than RikkaXIra
it should be every one in love with mana
and I can understand the Alice Makopi ship
But this one came out of nowhere

joined Jan 14, 2020

I know nothing about the source material or characters, but it was fairly hot on its own merit. Though I did wonder, if you've already had sex, do you still go "where are you licking?"

To reply you must either login or sign up.