Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Jun 23, 2017

but at least now it's official.. Team Gaji don't care much about the monetary effect from extending the manhwa

I think that even if it was not their top priority, the monetary gains from the manhwa has to be a part of the reason for the extension. It could have been just an afterthought that turned out to be a huge advantage, but that is less likely. For me, that does not take away from their work. Team Gaji are humans, after all. The art has been consistent and you can find meaning in the character interactions in these last chapters. Can you imagine how much each chapter makes them? Probably not nearly as much if everyone bought it legally, but I am sure it is a good amount. Extending it by just a few chapters can make a huge difference.

I do give them the benefit of the doubt that the short hiatus played a part and it was not extended too much. There could have been several other unknown factors that played a part as well. And I do hope they come up with a spin-off or even a new, original story. Either would be great.

Eagerly awaiting next chapter. Thank you, Anonymous__, as always, for translating. We are all very grateful.

And thank you, Nora89, for proofreading last chapter. :)

last edited at Jul 6, 2017 10:13AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Foxy lady

The title cover, the season's cover showed us an ending. The authors are consistent. Chap. 85 is very substantive again.

Once this manhwa finally ends and if it ends in the way we think it might (which may vary a bit, but I think, overall, it is similar), I would enjoy going back and rereading your posts regarding its foreshadowing by the authors. Nora89's as well.

A whole essay can be written analyzing the complexities of WDTFS. One can even be compiled through your guys' posts. I would read it.

last edited at Jul 6, 2017 12:50PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

My point is just simple: You can make WDTFS as DEEP as it is or as SHALLOW. The choice is yours.

That is true for many stories. A common critique among many high schoolers is that English teachers tend to over analyze the books. Like, how do they know if the author intended all the symbolism and etc? And there is the author's intent versus the reader's interpretation. I think I was usually in the middle in terms of analyzing stories. Some things I would take as is, others I would think more heavily about.

I remember you saying something along the lines of "the story they are trying to tell is simple, but the narrative structure is complex"? Or am I mistaken?

To be exact, its meaning were taken from the rose colors symbolism-it provides ths "love situation" of each character.

I could see that, in general, but I am not sure of the exact type of symbolism you are referring to.

The alleged "cheating" happened in Seju's birthday.

I do not know if that was discussed here either. Why do you think so?

joined Mar 21, 2017

A common critique among many high schoolers is that English teachers tend to over analyze the books. Like, how do they know if the author intended all the symbolism and etc? And there is the author's intent versus the reader's interpretation. I think I was usually in the middle in terms of analyzing stories. Some things I would take as is, others I would think more heavily about.

As an ex-film student i find it definitely happens across all media forms.

joined Mar 28, 2017

A common critique among many high schoolers is that English teachers tend to over analyze the books.

You reminded me of this meme. LoL.

joined Jun 23, 2017

You reminded me of this meme. LoL.

Haha, that sums it up perfectly.

joined May 18, 2017

Sumin calling the doctor and taking care of the sick Seju are totally ignored. Her stopping Nami, whom she knows Seju doesn't like her much, from annoying Seju is considered as " Playing the overly possessive "ex" friend towards Seju". Clear as hell.

I should stop acting like a Sumin fan already, otherwise, I would call you guys out for your every single comment since I personally find it greatly unreasonable and exaggerated.

Please call me out. I insist and enjoy someone else's perspective. Please elaborate :)

joined May 18, 2017

I hardly doubt sumin will sleep with seju...

After given the second chance from sungji....

Cmiiw... The reason sumin nearly broke up with her gf because of cheating... Is only when it's with seju right? I mean sumin pretty loyal with her exes... It's either her ex dumped her, cheat on her or it's just a sex buddy or.... Old flame seju

Vanbun,

It's all a vicious cycle. Recycling feelings and mistakes. I wish they both stopped making each other so unhappy but what the heck right?

Just eagerly waiting for a major development. I'm running out of lezhin coins haha

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

mpgpeg, Es0tric & hlama

what's art without fantasy?.. the finished product only shows us when the artist was done with his part of imagination, and when do we start our part. The satisfaction "euphoria" I get from art starts when my mind is engaged and intrigued.. I may not know what the artist intended but I am sure that this work triggered something in me. The Starry Night by Van Gogh touches my soul more than a hundred lame Mona Lisa, because the moment I imagine what he was going through.. the scenery, what he felt and wanted to portray can't pass by without imprinting something in me, the same can be said about Moderato by Rachmaninoff, a genious complex piece from a man who suffered from depression, writer's block and low self-esteem.. this piece is his dawn to recovery in which a lot of honest feelings and meanings were conveyed. Our interpretation is indeed a fusion of what the artist represents and what we were able to perceive.. the deeper our perception goes the better the artwork is .. even if the artist didn't necessarily agree XD.

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 7:05AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Not saying it's a good or bad. Analysis can be fun
: ) i wouldn't have studied film theory if it wasn't. I loved studying film.

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 6:08AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Not saying it's a good or bad. Analysis can be fun
: ) i wouldn't have studied film theory if it wasn't. I loved studying film.

I agree.. and I wish I was able to study such a subject.. since I'm at it

"interpretation demands something of the creative instinct. If you are a composer, you have an affinity with other composers. You can make contact with their imaginations, knowing something of their problems and their ideals. You can give their works color. That is the most important thing for me in my interpretations, color. So you make music live. Without color it is dead.", Sergei Rachmaninoff

joined Feb 4, 2017

mpgpeg

how come you didn't notice the "deliberate error" that Foxy lady made hehehe?

The alleged "cheating" happened in Seju's birthday.

this can't be true.. ch8 (Sungji's birthday) April 28th .. then ch10 (Sung's death Anniversary).. later ch25 July 12th Sumin's birthday

AND we know that the bartender incident happened a bit over a month after Sumin's parents died.. correct ?

so according to the timeline.. Sumin's parents died between April 28th and July 12th, and the bartender incident can be at last during August.. so so far away from Seju's birthday in November 2nd.

another way to calculate this, we know that Sumin and Sungji only dated a week before Sumin's birthday, (Saehyun arrival, ring giving & the cheating incident) were on October and now we are in November.. the death anniversary happened waaaay before Seju's birthday.. and all the previous incidents.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A common critique among many high schoolers is that English teachers tend to over analyze the books.

Counterpoint: High school students tend to be really lazy and not want to analyze things in the first place.

joined Jun 6, 2016

I hardly doubt sumin will sleep with seju...

After given the second chance from sungji....

Cmiiw... The reason sumin nearly broke up with her gf because of cheating... Is only when it's with seju right? I mean sumin pretty loyal with her exes... It's either her ex dumped her, cheat on her or it's just a sex buddy or.... Old flame seju

Vanbun,

It's all a vicious cycle. Recycling feelings and mistakes. I wish they both stopped making each other so unhappy but what the heck right?

Just eagerly waiting for a major development. I'm running out of lezhin coins haha

Vicious cycle indeed... Yet I want seju end up with sumin still lmao

Blackness
joined Jul 7, 2017

Huh, what? What is this?

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora89 and Nezchan

I think... I've been misunderstood. I should have worded that better, my apologies. That is a common critique among high schoolers, but I never meant to imply that I agreed with them.

I loved most of the books I had to read for English class and analysis was fun for me. :) If anything, the main reason why I joined this forum was because of you, Nora89, and Foxy lady. Your guys' analyses of this manhwa are inspiring. I honestly felt like I was talking to celebrities or basically "people I admired" when you guys responded to my posts.

I am honored to read your posts. And I am honored that a moderator is here. :D I am a natural skeptic, so I do not necessarily agree with everything at first and evidence is the most important thing for me. More outright symbolism in WDTFS are obviously what the author intended, like the rings and the tattoo. Less obvious ones like the colors of the character's hair and clothes... I am more hesitant to believe, but not that I won't in the future! Different perspectives are great in this case.

Regarding Seju's birthday....
I didn't think that could be true, but I was curious why Foxy lady thought so. Guess that was a "deliberate error."
Something important seemed to have happened on her birthday... as Nora89 said previously.

One more day until next chapter and more is revealed. :)

joined Mar 28, 2017

mpgpeg, Es0tric & hlama

what's art without fantasy?

Not deputing the importance of fantasy in art. Both are wonderful when you are enjoying them. I am poking fun of how some high school kids are forced (taught) to read all the nifty details. Outside of academic setting, I for sure don't read books and manga with a magnifying glass. I read them for leisure, miss a lot of details at time of reading, but I think I can still get the tone and feeling, like I don't need to know blue color curtain represents depression to get the sad feeling given the imagery and context.

joined Feb 4, 2017

mpgpeg & hlama

hehehe.. I am not saying you are wrong nor do I disagree with you.. I just wanted to share my feelings about it.. (sorry if I sounded too stiff XD)

the main reason why I joined this forum was because of you, Nora89, and Foxy lady. Your guys' analyses of this manhwa are inspiring. I honestly felt like I was talking to celebrities or basically "people I admired" when you guys responded to my posts.

I don't know how to respond to that.. thank you for lifting up my spirit and having an open mind to respect those ideas, celebrate this work and trying to get the maximum out of it. hehehe I am not a celebrity or anything.. just a commenter who happened to be invested and touched by this story. (Foxy lady called me Sumin the other day.. and I felt a bit insulted :( where is my Aston Martin Vanquish or matt-black Mustang.. sad sad)

I didn't think that could be true, but I was curious why Foxy lady thought so. Guess that was a "deliberate error."

hehehe, she does that deliberately sometimes, and I guess she tries to see who would catch the error and engage with her XD (that's my reasoning.. don't know her true motive)

I for sure don't read books and manga with a magnifying glass. I read them for leisure, miss a lot of details at time of reading, but I think I can still get the tone and feeling,

depending on the work of course.. I can't be watching Superman movie with the same mind set I am watching "the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Swedish version).. and I can't be reading "Pulse" the way I read "WDTFS".. I get lazy too in analysis.. but sometimes, the work is so touching to ignore.
WDTFS is a phenomena in it's genre.. which is why I think that Lezhin did it bad by classifying it under "GL".. the depth and structure is way beyond this spectrum.. and should be added to "mature", "Drama" (or any equivalent genre to josei manga)

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora89

I don't know how to respond to that.. thank you for lifting up my spirit and having an open mind to respect those ideas, celebrate this work and trying to get the maximum out of it. hehehe I am not a celebrity or anything.. just a commenter who happened to be invested and touched by this story.

I really mean it too. :) I have truly enjoyed reading your analyses of WDTFS. I wish Team Gaji are fluent in English (maybe they are, who knows), so they can read this forum as well and see the effect their work has had on others.

depending on the work of course.. I can't be watching Superman movie with the same mind set I am watching "the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Swedish version).. and I can't be reading "Pulse" the way I read "WDTFS".. I get lazy too in analysis.. but sometimes, the work is so touching to ignore.
WDTFS is a phenomena in it's genre.

I agree with what you said here. It depends on the work. There are little works that can compare to WDTFS in the "GL" or "yuri" genre. Probably one of the most popular right now is "Citrus" and most people just love the art style.

Hypothetically speaking, what if the ending of WDTFS is not what you think it will be, Nora89? Meaning, you will lose the bet? Will you view WDTFS differently?

joined Feb 4, 2017

mpgpeg

I really mean it too. :) I have truly enjoyed reading your analyses of WDTFS. I wish Team Gaji are fluent in English (maybe they are, who knows), so they can read this forum as well and see the effect their work has had on others.

thank you very much.. I'm flattered. I always wondered if Team Gaji ever were curious to read threads about their work.. mmhm.. I admire their unapologetic way of narration, I don't know if this would be affected if they expose themselves to readers' analysis.

I agree with what you said here. It depends on the work. There are little works that can compare to WDTFS in the "GL" or "yuri" genre. Probably one of the most popular right now is "Citrus" and most people just love the art style.

I don't know.. I tried to check "Citrus", I feel like a pedophile reading high school settings yuri material XD

Hypothetically speaking, what if the ending of WDTFS is not what you think it will be, Nora89? Meaning, you will lose the bet? Will you view WDTFS differently?

mmhm, yoonie asked me something like this earlier.. I trust team Gaji.. they would make the ending unregrettable.
if it ends Sumin and Sungji -> I will be surprised by the process and the result
if it ends Sumin and Seju-> I will not be surprised by the result, but by the process itself
I will still enjoy every possible ending because I know it will be justified.
and yes, I will lose my bet and my oversized ego will be deflated greatly XD.. and yes I will view WDTFS differently, search on where I lost the point or deviated from what Team Gaji are trying to deliver. Will I hate it ?
No

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 3:44PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora89

I always wondered if Team Gaji ever were curious to read threads about their work.. mmhm.. I admire their unapologetic way of narration, I don't know if this would be affected if they expose themselves to readers' analysis.

That might be true. Good question, would their story be affected if they read other's analyses? They do have Twitters, so they do receive some input (although Twitter is not the best way to do so...). If anyone is fluent in Korean, I wonder if there are forums similar to this one with readers deeply analyzing each chapter and not just taking it as "another yuri." Maybe Anonymous__ knows?

I don't know.. I tried to check "Citrus", I feel like a pedophile reading high school settings yuri material XD

You are not missing much. The art is better than most, but I feel like a side character is added every time the plot needs to be moved further.

I will still enjoy every possible ending because I know it will be justified.
and yes, I will lose my bet and my oversized ego will be deflated greatly XD.. and yes I will view WDTFS differently, search on where I lost the point or deviated from what Team Gaji are trying to deliver.

I would feel the same way. It is interesting to me how the two biggest analyzers in this forum (you and Foxy lady) believe that the authors' have been building up towards the same end pair: Sumin and Seju.

If Sungji and Sumin end up together, I feel like more doors would be opened as a result. It still has not been proven that they have the stability to last forever. Unless Team Gaji can change that. I would have to search for where the point was lost as well.

A part of me would be surprised, because of all the previous analyses and due to the fact that the concept of "forever" has been hinted many times with Seju and Sumin. (Even the tattoo is a big one, Seju will always be with Sumin.) But a part of me would not be surprised, given everything that has been said already about the "initial" and "most popular" pairing.

I always think, "it ain't over till its over" or it is not over "until the fat lady sings." So I am patiently (not really) waiting for the ending to finally come.

Less than 24 hours until we get to know more about where the story is going.

last edited at Jul 7, 2017 4:54PM

joined Mar 28, 2017

the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Sounds hot...

joined Jun 23, 2017

Foxy lady

If I have time, I will discuss each of the character's hair color including Sumin's girls.

That would be great, thank you. :)

On point. I already said this last year in this forum. So far, season 3 didn't build that.

You are right. Season 3 did not build it. Last few chapters have shown instability, if anything.

Hahaha, regarding "seju's birthday", it is not the cheating night but i guess, that is when Sumin gave the ring, infinity ring- to be by each other's side. Like a placid water, Team Gaji showed this in 10 years and season 3. They are still by each other's side.

nods head Very possible. Nora89 said something like that as well.

And we will know more shortly.

last edited at Jul 8, 2017 6:09AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Foxy lady

Norah's perspective on WDTFS is reliable. We agree on most of the issues and if we don't, we discuss things in a manner that there will always be a point of tangency, a fusion of ideas even.

I noticed that as well. You guys have had many active, productive discussions.

joined Feb 4, 2017

mpgpeg

A part of me would be surprised, because of all the previous analyses and due to the fact that the concept of "forever" has been hinted many times with Seju and Sumin. (Even the tattoo is a big one, Seju will always be with Sumin.) But a part of me would not be surprised, given everything that has been said already about the "initial" and "most popular" pairing.

that's one of the reason I find it rediculous to think that Sumin and Seju would ever be friends!.. from the begining till now.. in the better and the worse.. they view eachother as the only refuge and (fated).

Foxy lady

Norah
Hmmm... I can't believe you will feel insulted. By your deep understanding of WDTFS, you should know that Sumin's character is the focal point of the story. The readers await her answer, What does the fox say. Damn, there is strength in her weakness.

yes Miss, the problem is.. when you call me Sumin, make sure I have her attitude and maybe a pink head boobylicious babe waiting with accourate devotion.. cars, an aparatment and a nice job.. sigh sigh.. I wasted my life not finding a suger mommy XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.