Not gonna lie..... pretty damn good

joined Jul 22, 2014

How rare is it to see an LoL doujinshi?
First time I see one.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

How rare is it to see an LoL doujinshi?
First time I see one.

Difference between LoL and OW in a nutshell. (gameplay aside, of course)
LoL is the most popular esport for several years now, yet OW's characters have actual... characteristics that allow even people who have never nor will ever play the game to appreciate and create fanart of them. It really is one of the few games in existence where such a sizable amount of fans have never experienced the game itself but only through a mediated lens. The only other franchise that I can think of that's similar is Metal Gear, I think.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Touhou?

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Touhou?

This.

Fb_img_1527421130856
joined Jun 18, 2015

I thought the first doujin from lol would've a Vi x Caitlyn doujin, but this is good too

Tumblr_mzkufvpuyp1sgerido1_500
joined Oct 25, 2014

Its regrettable that there arent many doujins of leagues there are so many possible pairings ~~ I like MorganaxKayle a lot!
The first doujing from lol that I have seen was one with VixCaitxJinx which was very hmm interesting for the lack of a better word x'D

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Touhou?

Oh, right. Forgot that was even a real game.

That's the difference, though. Even with its sizable fanart only fans, OW still is largely made up of actual players. Japanese waifu simulators like Touhou, Idolmaster, etc. are overwhelmingly fan-based because so few people relatively even care about the games. I should have specified that it's OW's balance between playing fans and non-playing fans that makes it so unique. Touhou is wildly one-sided.

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 3:48PM

Yohanesoukan
joined Dec 27, 2015

Haha Draven and Darius

joined Mar 3, 2017

Surprisingly cute. :3

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I legitamely ship these two now. May draw some doujinshi about them.

joined Apr 25, 2017

Came back a day later to see every text bubble changed ahhahahah. Like a new damn story

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I thought the first doujin from lol would've a Vi x Caitlyn doujin, but this is good too

There was a vi and Cait being raped by jinx one.
And there have been A LOT of Sona and Ahri.
As well as the actual gay couple of Leona and Diana.

joined Jun 11, 2017

"Loosing"? That might be a grammatical error there.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sisters_2#8

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 11:15AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

The last page had me lmao!

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 3:15PM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

The Ending XDDD

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

They literally had make-up sex

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

LoL is the most popular esport for several years now, yet OW's characters have actual... characteristics that allow even people who have never nor will ever play the game to appreciate and create fanart of them. It really is one of the few games in existence where such a sizable amount of fans have never experienced the game itself but only through a mediated lens. The only other franchise that I can think of that's similar is Metal Gear, I think.

Touhou?

Yeah, I haven't played "Touhou" or "Overwatch", but I know a lot about the characters.

It's the same with "Love Live!" and some other stuff, as well.

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 6:23PM

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

Japanese waifu simulators like Touhou,...

Was that just a joke? Because Touhou is not a waifu simulator at all? As a single player game it might not have that much of a connected player base, but I think it didn't do bad, given its scale?

Not saying I'd disagree that much in terms of OW having likeable characters, but I don't see that much difference to Touhou in that regard

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Touhou?

Yeah, I haven't played "Touhou" or "Overwatch", but I know a lot about the characters.

It's the same with "Love Live!" and some other stuff, as well.

Difference would be Touhou does have a lot of misunderstandings about certain characters, like people who thinks Flandre is an unhinged psychopath which isn't the case

joined Mar 3, 2017

Is it just me or did they change the translation at some point?

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Japanese waifu simulators like Touhou,

I hope you're just trolling, there...

joined Aug 7, 2020

lmao wtf draven

Img_20181018_225149
joined Jul 20, 2018

Lol the draven

To reply you must either login or sign up.