Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Like u said, in her current state and without sumin, she'll eventually die, so maybe she doensn't care stooping low and everything but damn it sucks!

You want your favourite character to be better than this. That's understandable but well, she is built to be like that :). This chap makes me ask myself whether I should still hope for her happiness. Does she even deserve it :). I love her but she's too much sometimes :).

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I desparately need translation with the conversation, the last sentence of the chap "to be with team leader..."

Sungji - "I feel pity for you CEO Nim. If you are fine with my sympathy then i will allow it".

I understand it, that's why I feel conflicted =))))))), the more the story goes, the more the author makes Seju go beyond pathetic, I wonder how far they would step on her character. Never in my life have I encountered a character like this, let alone like her =)))))

as I said, something about Seju being a typical scorpio, she won't let go of what it her's and would go to any length after she runs away from decent methods.

Nora, I think you should really stop finding signs to prove Sungji has a bad side. Really, she's an angel in disguise :) and always stand high :).

joined Mar 21, 2017

Ah sorry. Thought you were asking for a translation of that scene.

In like real life? Or media forms as well?

Real life, of course I've never met a girl like this XD, but even in media forms, this is so new. There is no dignity, no pride in this character. You're supposed to hate her, especially after this chap, she's sooo...hateable but I still cant bring myself to hate her :)

Interesting. I've seen her type in other media before, they just humanise her a bit more here which is nice.

I can understand her, even if i disagree with things she does.

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 11:51AM

joined Apr 28, 2017

This is a bit much. Even for Seju..

And as much as I ship SejuxSumin; I gotta admit that Sumin did the right thing by moving to the sofa.

Sorry but she can't just cuddle with Seju just yet. That would make no sense. No matter how much I want to see that happen.

Anyway, Seju was better off not being clingy to Sumin, I think that would have gotten her in better terms with Sumin than going back to her old ways.

Ay man so disappointed

joined Mar 5, 2017

For now, i want to think Seju trying to sleep with Sumin (not sex)is because of her trauma. I'd like to assume she's having nightmares every night. But if there will be a second attempt from Seju, then it's another story. For me, Sumin resisting was good since i would like sumin to initiate if there's ever going to happen between them.

Still, Sumin is worried about seju's eating habbits and seju is happy about it. She's also amused and excited to see Sungji but i don't see chemistry.

I think The conversation between seju and sumin wasn't so bad. Seju was just being honest with her reasons for wanting live with Sumin. And i think Sungji handled it well too.

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 12:03PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Ah sorry. Thought you were asking for a translation of that scene.

In like real life? Or media forms as well?

Real life, of course I've never met a girl like this XD, but even in media forms, this is so new. There is no dignity, no pride in this character. You're supposed to hate her, especially after this chap, she's sooo...hateable but I still cant bring myself to hate her :)

Interesting. I've seen her type in other media before, they just humanise her a bit more here which is nice.

I can understand her, even if i disagree with things she does.

Oh, you've seen characters like hers? Yeah, I agree in here they humanise her but well still, I havent seen a character who is like this
I also can understand why she did what she did, no doubts but it doesnt mean this time I'll make it an excuse to explain what she did :), no more excuses :). To me, Seju's life is doomed :), dead or alive, her ending is still no longer a healing ending :), her life is so morally wrong in any ways, I cant tolerate it anymore, I guess

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Nora, I think you should really stop finding signs to prove Sungji has a bad side. Really, she's an angel in disguise :) and always stand high :).

I am not trying to find a bad side in Sungji.. she is stubborn and up front (loves food ) whether it is about her sign or not.. again as she is designed.. but it does not mean I understand why she does some stuff..
Regarding Seju:
given that she actually suffering from PTSD now means she can't stay alone even if she wanted to.. making her bribe to Sungji a survival step.. no matter how low it could get.

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 12:08PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

I think you guys need to read the translation first, you might see it the other way like me. She didn't actually beg for it. Her being honest i think was good. I always see a silver lining lol

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 12:12PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

For now, i want to think Seju trying to sleep with Sumin (not sex)is because of her trauma. I'd like to assume she's having nightmares every night. But if there will be a second attempt from Seju, then it's another story. For me, Sumin resisting was good since i would like sumin to initiate if there's ever going to happen between them.

Still, Sumin is worried about seju's eating habbits and seju is happy about it. She's also amused and excited to see Sungji but i don't see chemistry.

I think The conversation between seju and sumin wasn't so bad. Seju was just being honest with her reasons for wanting live with Sumin. And i think Sungji handled it well too.

Nah, Sumin did well this chap but that's how she's supposed to be =))))). I guess this chap shows how all three characters's perspective pretty well. A Sumin who tries her best to balance between Seju and Sungji and keep her stance about Seju. A Seju who has no pride, no dignity when it comes to Sumin, if Sungji asks her to lick her shoes to be able to stay, she probably would :). Sungji, well, still being Sungji, innocent, child-like and overly nice and somehow sharp, and when it comes to words, she has excellent ability, her words could kill people with shame and humiliation, literally

joined Mar 5, 2017

Nah, Sumin did well this chap but that's how she's supposed to be =))))). I guess this chap shows how all three characters's perspective pretty well. A Sumin who tries her best to balance between Seju and Sungji and keep her stance about Seju. A Seju who has no pride, no dignity when it comes to Sumin, if Sungji asks her to lick her shoes to be able to stay, she probably would :). Sungji, well, still being Sungji, innocent, child-like and overly nice and somehow sharp, and when it comes to words, she has excellent ability, her words could kill people with shame and humiliation, literally

If there was no scene Seju practically breaking down and came running to Sumin and talking herself out, i would really feel the same as you do. But im still giving seju a last chance here.

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 12:16PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I am not trying to find a bad side in Sungji.. she is stubborn and up front (loves food ) whether it is about her sign or not.. again as she is designed.. but it does not mean I understand why she does some stuff..
Regarding Seju:
given that she actually suffering from PTSD now means she can't stay alone even if she wanted to.. making her bribe to Sungji a survival step.. no matter how low it could get.

Yeah, I know that she's suffering from the after-effect and no one knows it, even Sumin :) but well, I still love her but to me, the way she throws every dignity she has to be with Sumin and the fact that there is only 6 chaps left make me wonder if it is even possible for her to have happy ending? What kind of ending could she possibly have when she's like this?

joined Mar 21, 2017

This latest chapter has had me reading into codependency.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

If there was no scene Seju practically breaking down and came running to Sumin and talking herself out, i would really feel the same as you do. But im still giving seju a last chance here.

Nah, I still like her, so I still have little hope for her but what I've said was not only based on this chap but also alot of previous chaps. Seju kept her body by eating little, Seju wear sexy stuff, Seju in bathtub acting sexy, all the questions I had before, Seju in this chap, all I realised just for Sumin. Yes, she's traumatised, but this chap proves me that Seju would do anything, all things for Sumin, trauma or not. She never make efforts to move on, she just doesnt want to. However, just because you pity her, because she's pitiful without anyone loves her, it doesnt make all her actions become toleratable. I guess I'm questioning myself whether I should root for her happiness =)))))). I need to be more positive =)))))))

joined Feb 4, 2017

roamsl

I second your opinions.

joined Mar 5, 2017

Nah, I still like her, so I still have little hope for her but what I've said was not only based on this chap but also alot of previous chaps. Seju kept her body by eating little, Seju wear sexy stuff, Seju in bathtub acting sexy, all the questions I had before, Seju in this chap, all I realised just for Sumin. Yes, she's traumatised, but this chap proves me that Seju would do anything, all things for Sumin, trauma or not. She never make efforts to move on, she just doesnt want to. However, just because you pity her, because she's pitiful without anyone loves her, it doesnt make all her actions become toleratable. I guess I'm questioning myself whether I should root for her happiness =)))))). I need to be more positive =)))))))

Imo, she just said that (eating less) to tease sungji. She was surprised that sungji was calm. I still connect her eating habbits to her trauma. I think that scene was too strong, she was breaking hard and she couldn't handle it. Well, i dont want to make any excuse with her touching sumin. She could have just lay there beside her. And yes, i feel sorry for her, a person in real life can't handle all that shit, but i don't see her doing something that could possibly harm anybody as of the moment other than just her being honest at the expense of her own dignity and She didn't beg to sungji,

If she doesn't have a good ending, then i would be very disappointed. She is a very beautiful caharacter, and it would be a waste if team gaji will just trample her character and degrade her. Such a waste

I also love her as much as you do and i won't give up on her yet. Forget about sumin. I wAnt her to end as a person

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 12:56PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

nora89

Glad to hear that. I would still very much want to hear your opinions.

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 12:45PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

nora89

Glad to hear that. I would still very much want to hear your opinions.

I can't read the whole thing clearly atm, thank you a lot, and I will do some detailed comment .

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

If she doesn't have a good ending, then i would be very disappointed. She is a very beautiful caharacter, and it would be a waste if team gaji will just trample her character and degrade her. Such a waste

You know, even after arc 2, even when she used the worst way to break SuminxSungji, I still root for her, cause I sympathized her, alot, one of the biggest reasons why I love her character, I've hoped the author would do sth for her happiness after degraded her that much but after this chap, I guess her character is just simply used to be stepped on like that and well, at this point, I do wonder if the author even really wants to give Seju a fair ending?
After this chap, I can surely say Seju's happy ending will be with Sumin, there is no other way, her without Sumin is just never a happy ending for her. But the question is, do I even have the heart to break SuminxSungji? When Sungji is like that? I might not like her character but she deserves happiness, at least deserves it even more than Seju. If one of the two could have Sumin, who would you let her have that happiness? Even when I love Seju alot, I cant choose her and ignore Sungji, I just cant. So what kind of happy ending could we possibly offer Seju after this chap, after the realisation that she's nothing without Sumin? Suddenly, I feel death is not a bad ending for Seju

joined Apr 19, 2017

Hello i've been reading your opinions lately. i'am new here so, hello everyone. i'll like to participe if is ok to you
i read the rough translation and i seems the new team leader is a man? or is translation mistake? this is so confusing haha. i just hate how TG is using Seju just for the drama purpose, giving to her such a pity actions is just a waste ...

joined Apr 22, 2017

The attitude of sumin to sungji is very sweet in this chapter, I like it very much

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I'd rather have team Gaji kill Seju than have her turned into this pathetic character.

joined Mar 5, 2017

You know, even after arc 2, even when she used the worst way to break SuminxSungji, I still root for her, cause I sympathized her, alot, one of the biggest reasons why I love her character, I've hoped the author would do sth for her happiness after degraded her that much but after this chap, I guess her character is just simply used to be stepped on like that and well, at this point, I do wonder if the author even really wants to give Seju a fair ending?
After this chap, I can surely say Seju's happy ending will be with Sumin, there is no other way, her without Sumin is just never a happy ending for her. But the question is, do I even have the heart to break SuminxSungji? When Sungji is like that? I might not like her character but she deserves happiness, at least deserves it even more than Seju. If one of the two could have Sumin, who would you let her have that happiness? Even when I love Seju alot, I cant choose her and ignore Sungji, I just cant. So what kind of happy ending could we possibly offer Seju after this chap, after the realisation that she's nothing without Sumin? Suddenly, I feel death is not a bad ending for Seju

Now that you mention it, it makes me wonder roo. But what a really complete waste of character if her purpose is just like that. Just a triggering factor.

Yeah. I think a happy ending for seju is just sumin. But personally, like i've said before, id rather have them go their separate ways.

And just like you, id rather have seju dead than becoming a monster. But TG already said she's not gonna die. So what does that leave us?

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 1:36PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Now that you mention it, it makes me wonder roo. But what a really complete waste of character if her purpose is just like that. Just a triggering factor.

Yeah. I think a happy ending for seju is just sumin. But personally, like i've said before, id rather have them go their separate ways.

And just like you, id rather have seju dead than becoming a monster. But TG already said she's not gonna die. So what does that leave us?

That's a fair ending or happy one is not exactly on TG's mind when it comes to Seju? That Seju's ending would probably be not a happy one :). I wish she could die though, but I guess TG doesnt want to kill her either since she got too much love from readers.

joined Mar 5, 2017

At some point i can see sungji walking away, sumin and all her baggage is just too much. And it's just unfair to her. Seju and sumin are not together, but for me, sungji and sumin are also not good together.

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 1:37PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Oh, and I agree that it's a waste that Seju is just a plot device and it sucks to see your favorite being this pathetic but well, she's an antagonist, we should really not hope for much

To reply you must either login or sign up.