Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Dec 30, 2013

I am both happy about that liscense.. And sad. No more being able to read citrus on the go from wonderful Yuri Project but on Dynasty Scans. But if it's licensed does that mean i can read it in english and buy it at stores? I'll buy em then. Support to Saburo Uta!

That's pretty much how it works. Once Seven Seas releases Citrus Vol. 1 on December barring no delays, you can buy it in bookstores or order it online on Amazon or RightStuf.

Picartoprofile2
joined Mar 9, 2013

the only thing it makes me sad is that I am not from USA and I have no mean of buying the volumes 1 and 2.. and even if I could, the vol. 1 will only release on december...only god knows when the vol.2 will be available.. T_T

thanks yuriproject for all the hard work! this was a very nice series and I am glad you shared with us all =]

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Well, that new Aneki sure is stirring up some trouble! Yuzu and Mei will have more angst and stuff.... It would be kinda cool to have Yuzu's friend and seitokai secretary have some screen time... I'd really like that...

What else... Seeing Aneki kissing Yuzu when they meet next to Mei, imagining it gives me a cool feeling... Them angst builds up... hehe... hehe.. HEHEHE!!

Cute_dessert_pudding
joined Oct 16, 2013

By having it licensed does that mean no more citrus on YuriProject...? PLEASE CLARIFY AS I MIGHT HAVE A HEART ATTACK AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE!

I won't be able to handle this. It took a while for me to recover from Prism, I don't want another one =[

Mysterious_person
joined Jun 10, 2013

"A new challenger appeared!"

That's what comes to mind at the last page ._.

joined Mar 30, 2012

Pray that seven seas releases all of it and not drop it halfway/ mess things up. Guess I'll be reading raws from now, hope those are still gonna be scanned.

Childhood friend arrival? :o

last edited at Jan 31, 2014 9:51PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Citrus Vol. 1 has been licensed by Seven Seas for a printed release in North America for December 2014.

That's from YP's release post of this chapter. It sounds to me like everything past volume 1 hasn't been licensed, and thus scanlation will continue as normal

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

No no no let her enjoy her happy ending (of the first half) for a little while! don't just put a new enemy right after!
But in the other hand, seeing Mei jealous could be amusing... Unless the new girl goes after Mei too! O_O

1509799_439366076230129_8372175658272119650_n
joined Apr 8, 2013

Finally! Some antagonist spice! Matsuri eh~?? Must be Yuzu's childhood friend, but they sure look a lot alike. They can be mistaken for twins

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

No no no let her enjoy her happy ending (of the first half) for a little while! don't just put a new enemy right after!
But in the other hand, seeing Mei jealous could be amusing... Unless the new girl goes after Mei too! O_O

That would be really interesting... But I want Mei to be jealous and stuff and I just hope that the author goes to that development, instead of love triangle, the interest to Mei. Yuzu needs attention right now...

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Since when is a pat harder than a slap?

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I am both happy about that liscense.. And sad. No more being able to read citrus on the go from wonderful Yuri Project but on Dynasty Scans. But if it's licensed does that mean i can read it in english and buy it at stores? I'll buy em then. Support to Saburo Uta!

ditto on the happy/sad feeling. more so, a release won't come out until December. I definitely will be buying the volume. 1 release. But sh*t, 11 months is a awful long time to wait.

Anyone have suggestions for really good, really long series? I need something to distract me...

last edited at Jan 31, 2014 11:22PM

joined Dec 29, 2013

Man, if only Saburouta could write as well as she draws. The story is so sub par, but the art is great.

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

She looks more like Yuzu's cousin than childhood friend.
I want to see Mei to be jealous too.
And Harumin just need her own manga already ò v ò

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Man, if only Saburouta could write as well as she draws. The story is so sub par, but the art is great.

Mmmm... I beg to disagree regarding the story being sub par. In the first place, what makes a sublime story? Of course we have to consider the genre and themes too so as not to expect something else from the story, whatever it is you want. And let's just hope the slow development means having many more chapters to go, isn't that what we want anyway?

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

ditto on the happy/sad feeling. more so, a release won't come out until December. I definitely will be buying the volume. 1 release. But sh*t, 11 months is a awful long time to wait.

Anyone have suggestions for really good, really long series? I need something to distract me...

Try Sasameki Koto and Hoshikawa Ginza District 4

joined Dec 29, 2013

I beg to disagree regarding the story being sub par.

If you haven't figured out on your own that Citrus is very poorly written yet, there is nothing anybody can tell you to convince you otherwise. The fact you don't even think there is a definition as to what a 'sublime' story is kind of proves my point.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Did you guys all forget about Yuzu's background from ch. 1? She was a 'gal'/gyaru in with the 'popular' crowd back in her old school, who were all obsessed about having boyfriends. The new character is obviously one of Yuzu's 'friends' from back then who might do some nasty stuff if she finds out Yuzu is into a girl now. I guess a love triangle isn't totally impossible but I think the setup is leaning much more towards prejudice/discrimination.

Also, I dunno for certain what Yuri Project's policy on licensed works is, but I wouldn't assume yet that they will drop it. I think it would be reasonable for them to keep up with current releases while deleting older chapters as they are officially published. In any case, I think people have got their priorities backwards if they're complaining about a series becoming in print and officially available: it's a chance to legitimately support the creators and yuri. The one thing I would recommend is if you're in a country/region where obtaining the licensed releases will be difficult is to just download/archive the first volume chapters now so that once the official version gets released, you'll still have them.

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

If you haven't figured out on your own that Citrus is very poorly written yet, there is nothing anybody can tell you to convince you otherwise. The fact you don't even think there is a definition as to what a 'sublime' story is kind of proves my point.

Eh, you make it sound like it's a definite thing that the story is sub par, to the point that I have to 'figure' it out, and why does anybody have to convince someone else of what they think the manga's story 'quality' is. What you think is not what everybody else might think, some may agree and like me, some may not. And I asked what are the 'criteria' to be considered sublime, because I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a story, knowing its genre and themes. If you're not satisfied yet, I mentioned that it might have something to do with the slow development.

joined Dec 29, 2013

you make it sound like it's a definite thing that the story is sub par

That's because it is. There is a very large difference between "like" and "good", most people don't understand that. Quality (a.k.a. good) is objective, while "like" (or enjoyment value) is subjective. Citrus' story is bad, that's a fact. But that does not mean people can't like it.

I know how to judge a story based on it's merits alone, and Citrus does not hold up. You are also confusing "slow development" with "bad development". Citrus so far has been like a strong of one shots with characters that look and act similar. No conflict or event lasts more than a chapter, and said event or conflict is always brought up at the end of the previous chapter. e.g. Mei's dad shows up at the end of the last chapters and is gone by the end of this one.

joined Nov 30, 2011

My original doubts about the story are/were slowly starting to recede when Yuzu put a stop to Mei's first advance as it was getting terribly annoying. Not to mention Mei's little quip, "it's your first time right?" with that predatory smirk on pg.3. And now it seems like we'll get a nice big bag of angst to add to the already angsty pot. (That kiss in no way clears the air between the two. Probably added more to it since Mei just got over some things.)

last edited at Feb 1, 2014 1:05AM

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

I know how to judge a story based on it's merits alone, and Citrus does not hold up. . . No conflict or event lasts more than a chapter, and said event or conflict is always brought up at the end of the previous chapter. e.g. Mei's dad shows up at the end of the last chapters and is gone by the end of this one.

Uhmm, o-kay. I don't wanna spam the discussion, so let's just stop for a while and Ci (see) where it goes. Call it a trus (truce) for now. Let's Citrus! :) What a bad pun. Peace 'yo. We all read and either like/love/hate Citrus.

joined Dec 29, 2013

Like I said. If you haven't figured it out for yourself at this point there's no convincing you otherwise.

Citrus is like the Twilight of yuri manga, it's bad but people like it anyway because it appeals to their sense of aesthetics. And they don't look past that.

joined Aug 10, 2012

where can i find the raws for this manga once this is being licensed?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Like I said. If you haven't figured it out for yourself at this point there's no convincing you otherwise.

Citrus is like the Twilight of yuri manga, it's bad but people like it anyway because it appeals to their sense of aesthetics. And they don't look past that.

How is it bad? Also, Twilight was freaking terrible. This isn't. I have my major doubts and dislikes about the story since it gives me a vibe similar to most shoujo stories but thankfully it seems to have been somewhat averted. Now with the kiss I'm back to square one, doubting the story much more than I was after the past couple chapters. Why, because I'm hoping it doesn't go down the, "do I like her, do I not?" path which is full of stupid comedic and frustrating moments. Right now, I'm hoping for some decent, down to earth character development. This story has that potential for that so I keep on reading and juuuust when it starts getting somewhere, the author throws in some weird angst-driven sexual moment that makes no sense to me. Yeah, it's bad but at least the characters aren't going, "OMGERDZ!!! I need a significant other to complete me!!? Huurrr deeeerrrrr."

To reply you must either login or sign up.