Forum › Anime season

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

attack on titan is looking good.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So regarding Kemono Friends, which I just finished watching, Kaban was basically a clone of Mirai? I honestly didn't see that coming.

joined Mar 25, 2013

So regarding Kemono Friends, which I just finished watching, Kaban was basically a clone of Mirai? I honestly didn't see that coming.

She left though and her hat flew off and then Kaban got 'spawned' at the hat. She's supposed to be human, but she just appeared out of nowhere, unless they meant it to be 'there was a hair in the hat and she absorbed it and became a human'. She didn't look like Mirai at all as well, cause you would think she'd take the form of the thing that is absorbed. I don't understand where they were going with it.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

She left though and her hat flew off and then Kaban got 'spawned' at the hat. She's supposed to be human, but she just appeared out of nowhere, unless they meant it to be 'there was a hair in the hat and she absorbed it and became a human'. She didn't look like Mirai at all as well, cause you would think she'd take the form of the thing that is absorbed. I don't understand where they were going with it.

Those notes that were posted on this forum helps to understand.

Sandstar create Friends by interacting with any part of an animal's body. That's why even extincts animals like one of the penguim can become Friends. Kaban was created by a strand of Mirai's hair getting in contact with a sandstar. So, Kaban is a Friend of the human species born from a hair.

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 9:06PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I think she isn't exactly a clone, she is just the friend avatar of the human race.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This is Saint Seiya as fuck
Since Umakoshi got promoted from Character Design to Chief Animation Director i really hope this is really him animating stuff for Boku no Pico Academia, 'cause that shit is totally his style

Edit: GOHAN'S BANG AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 10:45PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I thought Kaban being a Friend was pretty obvious. The other possibilities as to where she's from stopped making sense around the time she didn't recognize what a bus was. But, yeah, there's still some questions as to how Friends relate to what they were born from, and I suspect that that'll be part of next season's focus

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, it's not so much surprise that Kaban was a friend, that was pretty clear from the fact that she essentially appeared in the veldt and none of the other animals had seen her before. It was more surprising that she was created by sandstar reacting to a part of Mirai that was left behind.

I'm hoping that for the second season they give some clue why the humans haven't back to Japari for at least a generation after the incident with the colossal cerulean (judging by the park's state of repair), despite Mirai saying they would.

Just thought of something, if volcanic stone on the island comes from ceruleans getting wet, did the temple maze exhibit possibly get flooded at one point, which is why most of the entrances were choked with the stuff?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I'm hoping that for the second season they give some clue why the humans haven't back to Japari for at least a generation after the incident with the colossal cerulean (judging by the park's state of repair), despite Mirai saying they would.

I'd assume that the second season of Kemono Friends is going to include Friends, so I'd expect that the outside world is having Sandstar problems of it's own

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

School Girl Strikers anime ending... what the fk is that?!?!?!

How hard is it just to adapt the exact game's closing arc into the anime? Like God damn, they didn't even explain who the boss cat is. They completely get rid of the whole final arc where Tsubame is trapped in eternal space, and the girls had time/ multi-dimensional travels. Like the whole ending twist was ripped into tiny bits then got fed to the dog

They had an equivalent of... saying.... was planning the anime to be 16 episodes, but were cut down to 13 after episode 12 aired. So have to make up some ending to rush through it. Freaking horrible

last edited at Apr 2, 2017 1:24AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The Attack on titan/My Hero Academia subs came so fast I thought they were April Fools jokes lol.

My final thoughts: does anyone care about these?

Gabriel Dropout: Fairly straight forward slice of life with a supernatural gimmick. Going to catch up with the manga now. A bit of subtext.

Gintama2017: Really dang good, I had forgotten how good this show can be. It was almost all action with little comedy this time around. Nothing gay.

Kemono Friends: I'm not really sure how I should describe this show without spoilers...Animal girls + light hearted+mystery+adventure? Once you get past the...uh...unique animation, this show is very entertaining. All female cast, the girls are always in pairs. As a SB69 fan I feel right at home

Koyabashi-san chi no MaidDragon: Fairly straight forward slice of life with a supernatural gimmick. Pretty good adaptation, it's been so long since I watched a Kyoani show. I liked the added scenes, they didn't feel like filler. It's a Yuri manga.

Little Witch Academia is not over yet but it's a mixed bag right now. One yuri scene played for laughs and a gfycat yuri scene so far.

Urara Meirouchou: The 3rd slice of life with a supernatural gimmick. It almost feels like an OT4 at first, then each character gets developed over time. That includes VERY obvious subtext mainly, but not limited to, Kon x Chiya and Nina x Saku, and Saku has two very gay fangirls.

Youjo Senki: I don't watch many war anime/movies because they all kinda feel the same, so I was really surprised by how good this one is. The writing and weird faces are on point! No yuri here.

This is Saint Seiya as fuck

It really is XD

Just thought of something, if volcanic stone on the island comes from ceruleans getting wet, did the temple maze exhibit possibly get flooded at one point, which is why most of the entrances were choked with the stuff?

I like that theory. It could indicate a battle took place there before the park was abandoned.

last edited at Apr 2, 2017 9:21AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I'd assume that the second season of Kemono Friends is going to include Friends, so I'd expect that the outside world is having Sandstar problems of it's own

Actually...
According to that note released by the staff, humanity was extinct once. So pretty much all of humankind still alive are probably friends.

Urashi C. Pin
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I can't believe their actually doing it https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-01/bkub-okawa-surreal-4-panel-manga-pop-team-epic-gets-anime-in-october/.114232

Be interesting to see how it works out, since the average storyline is four panels long. Even for shorts, that's going to be difficult

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, Gundam. Kudelia and Atra got married (they both love Mika, but he dies and it's clear they like each other too). Also, holy hell that last fight was badass

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Actually...
According to that note released by the staff, humanity was extinct once. So pretty much all of humankind still alive are probably friends.

Interesting, I knew there was an Adventure Time riff to the whole series, but I didn't realize it was that close.

Although the fact that this hasn't been confirmed in-series so far means there's still a chance it could be altered for the (possible) second season, so we'll have to wait and see.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

The first episode of the new Attack on Titan was great! Not much Christa x Ymir, but next week we might see more of them (according to the preview)!

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I can't believe their actually doing it https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-01/bkub-okawa-surreal-4-panel-manga-pop-team-epic-gets-anime-in-october/.114232

OH SHIEEEETTTT. I'm excited. I guess this will be a short.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

So, Gundam. Kudelia and Atra got married (they both love Mika, but he dies and it's clear they like each other too). Also, holy hell that last fight was badass

So just because they love each others, live in the same house and raise a child together you think they're couple?! >_>
idiot switch off
I can't believe that after all that was and dead they managed a "happy" ending... With some doses of well deserved revenge here and there FUCK U KUJAN! and I really hope we get to see some fanarts of kudelia and Atra.
Some people talk about a sequel, but I don't want that child involved in more war and the moms won't allow it... At least I hope so.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I don't think any Gundam ending will ever depress me more than Zeta Gundam's ending did. Most depressing moment in Gundam for me is Ple's death in ZZ. 0080 is a runner up for both most depressing moment and ending. Always brings tears to my eyes.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I don't think any Gundam ending will ever depress me more than Zeta Gundam's ending did. Most depressing moment in Gundam for me is Ple's death in ZZ. 0080 is a runner up for both most depressing moment and ending. Always brings tears to my eyes.

Didja watch Victory? the whole thing is depressing ... I had to drop it around chapter 35

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Didja watch Victory? the whole thing is depressing ... I had to drop it around chapter 35

Have not watched it yet. That doesn't sound too good though, haha.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

0080 is a runner up for both most depressing moment and ending. Always brings tears to my eyes.

What, don't you like hamburguers?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Actually, I don't. Don't like pizza either.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Damn that was a beautiful ending! Thank you, KyoAni! It was a masterpiece!

To reply you must either login or sign up.