Forum › Butterfly Effect discussion

joined Apr 26, 2016

I dunno D'Va main I can't see her hating Omnics like she in canon did movies with them

joined Jul 28, 2016

Y'know what?
this is actually titled as "Butterfly Effect"
and there's also one more page:(
oh yeah and it's sequel to a widowtracer doujin

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

I love this comic the ending just making me more enjoy it..

Simple-butterfly-tattoos-designs
joined Apr 24, 2015

For a second I was as sad as everyone here, before the sense of reason hit me. Like sure it was sad, but there was no real reason to let any of what transpired happen. For a genius, how did she think breaking her hands was in any way a better solution than just asking? How did the fact that D.Va would still be put into service not cross her mind, she's not the only doctor capable of high end prosthetics.

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

I lied... I need a hug..

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

For a second I was as sad as everyone here, before the sense of reason hit me. Like sure it was sad, but there was no real reason to let any of what transpired happen. For a genius, how did she think breaking her hands was in any way a better solution than just asking? How did the fact that D.Va would still be put into service not cross her mind, she's not the only doctor capable of high end prosthetics.

Disagreed, I feel that events of the story do make sense.

Tbf, this wasn't just a lover's quarrel, this was going to be a literal war. D.Va strongly answered against the Doctor's ideology (because of her pride) so that the doctor probably believed that D.Va was unmovable in her stance.

Also, D. Va is a pro gamer, her hands are such a giant part of her life. If D.Va lost her hands then she would probably fall into a depression and stay away from the war. Her talents are greatly neutered and she probably wouldn't be drafted into the war, which is what Mercy intended when she broke her hands. The only reason why D.Va ended up fighting anyways was probably to find Mercy again, that's how she was able to cope with the loss of her hands and use obviously inferior mechanical hands.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Blizzard should see this, I think that would be pretty interesting for them.

Interesting? How? Overwatch is a fun game with hardly any true depressing storylines or character interactions.

joined May 30, 2016

This is so horrible... I like it.

I thought the ending was like a repentance for D.Va. Since it was mentioned that the Meka was only half as well as her body, I thought that she had herself fused to the machine, to prove to Mercy that she was sorry about her pride. It was this realization that crushed Mercy into despair. Seeing that D.Va sacrificed herself, her body and her ideals, just to meet her in the battlefield and save her. Or maybe it was just a really powerful attack that ripped her and her Meka in half, I don't know.

The message could be more general, such as the atrocities of war bringing out the worst in everything. The doctor herself causing the injuries as well as a young pro gamer being enlisted for war. That moment where Mercy was desperately trying to revive D.Va, scrambling around knowing she was the cause of it all and the realization that it was already too late... For the doctor, that was beautifully heartwrenching.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

What happened?

I'm confused af.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Man....That was beautiful to read ;~;

Screen%20shot%202017-03-16%20at%206.39.18%20pm
joined Mar 16, 2017

yay

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

@NightRequiem : Dva was torn in half by the blast, that's why Mercy says she's "light". It kind of a war / tragedy trope.

"Hey, there you are! Oh, but where is your lower half..."

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

yay

God damn, Did you edit that gif yourself? Because if you did then consider me impressed.

joined Jan 31, 2013

Basically, Mercy was the one who killed her, not the war itself ...

Screen%20shot%202017-03-16%20at%206.39.18%20pm
joined Mar 16, 2017

yay

God damn, Did you edit that gif yourself? Because if you did then consider me impressed.

Haha nope :3

joined Jul 28, 2016

.................................................wow.............................................................................

and yunyun doesn't exist in twitter anymore not sure why but this person has the comics too https://twitter.com/banoban72/status/807606216859865088

forgot to mention this: yunyun = banoban
she changed her twitter id
and she's preparing extra comic related to this :)
m sure it's not gonna be happy ending...

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Wow, I loved this story! I love the dark and twisted theme. Whoever mentioned Blizzard may be onto something. they (Blizzard) should really reach out to this author and other fanfic authors bc these stories are like... wow.

joined May 30, 2016

@MagiMaki - I see, so that's what that means. Doesn't make it less horrible though. It's all a cruel irony.

"And you call yourself Mercy, Dr. Angela Ziegler!"

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 5:24PM

Ahri%20x%20leblanc
joined Apr 7, 2017

Goddammit my heart...

joined Mar 15, 2017

Not sure who the scanlator is or when it was done, as the link was to a Imgur upload and it's pages seem ungooglable. If anyone knows who it was/when it was, that'd be helpful. My guess is it was done on /u/, but I'm not sure.

Oh, I was the one who uploaded this to Imgur lol. I had someone help translate it for me, and then I scanlated it. Yes, yunyun changed her Twitter handle banoban. And yes, my mistake for missing out on the last page. I can go look for it and quickly translate it to add on here if that's possible to do.

joined Mar 15, 2017

On a side note, I'm glad that this gave other people a chance to read this piece. I had done scanlated it as best I could (I'm just a noob) and loaded it in hopes that others would find it. It's really heartbreaking, but I felt it was a really good read. Well illustrated and well written. The author really did a fantastic job.

Screenshot_20171211-200054~2
joined Oct 11, 2016

Why..does..this hurt so..bad?

Bake
joined Feb 11, 2016

Can't take this seriously no matter how hard I try. Rather than feel depressed, I cringe.
Probably has to do something with the fact that this is a fucking Overwatch doujin.

It being Overwatch has nothing to do with how you choose to feel. War is a very real thing and it can tear those we love away from us. Trying to be edgy won't change that.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

D.Va ended up fighting in the war anyways (probably using the mech as her hands) and the two met on the battlefield. The results of the battlefield are unclear but Mercy wakes up and finds D. Va's lifeless corpse in front of her. In the final panels Mercy tries using her cure (which she intended to use to fix D.Va's hands) to resurrect D.Va. It fails, D.Va is dead forever, sad end.

Until I read your post, I didn't want to admit that D.Va was dead... Like, everything was pointing to it, the dilated pupil, her body in half, but it only really hit when I read your comment. It's crazy how denial works! Now I'm really sad...

last edited at Sep 24, 2017 10:01PM

joined Jun 30, 2016

How ironic, the doctor by trying to save Hana ends up killing her in the end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.