Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

One line or two more about Sungji being perceptive, please, I really don't remember anything about it at all.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Yeah, Sumin has no perceptive at all, but I find it cute :D

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

One line or two more about Sungji being perceptive, please, I really don't remember anything about it at all.

at the very beginning, she was able to know that Sumin was living alone,
ch24, she got immediately that Sumin lacks frankness
again, bed talk in ch 46..
ch51conversation..
was able to remember Seju's house code before she knew she would need it
then later, ch55 she kinda knew that Sumin was uneasy.

Sumin being clueless is frustrating !

she fails to read ppl, specially Seju.. then end up making huge mistakes.. like hell, Nammi could play her around and she would have no clue

Seju on the other hand feels what Sumin is feeling or whether she is distracted even in bed.. ch 14 .. she is mega perceptive !
my god, in ch 47 when she saw right through Nammi

last edited at Mar 10, 2017 8:12PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

being depressed is not an excuse .. she seemed to be dense even before any of that happened ( looking at the flashbacks)
add to that , Seju is even waaaaay more depressed compared to Summin.. she has suicidal attitude even.

and seriously how dense would you be that u will date an engaged woman without noticing anything !
she did not even notice herself being recorded by Glasses-ssi who almost outed her and Sungji!!

Seju on the other hand would catch immediately if Summin is thinking of something and what it would be.. even if Sumin denies it (it happened over and over again) ..
yet, it beyond me that Seju did not know for sure that Sumin still loved her all that time.

I remembered a thing about Sungji as well, when she lost her ring at Seju's .. why did not she say where she was exactly and where she lost the ring frankly to Summin if she did not expect Sumin's reaction if she knew .. or was there another reason we don't know about YET

last edited at Mar 10, 2017 9:45PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

She said she saw the electricity's invoices, water supply's invoices, etc, were sent to Sumin's workplace, that's the reason why she got that idea. But really, all of those things from my house were always sent to my father's shop, my father was not living alone in our house. When I moved to live with my brother, all of the invoices from his house were also sent to my brother's workplace, not the house. Using Sungji's perception, you would guess that my farther and my brother are living alone, which is false.

Sumin hasn't been honest with her since the beginning, not to mention she almost got eaten alive by Sumin several times, yet she just found out about Sumin lacking of frankness in chapter 24.

If you were talking about when Sungji was asking if she could ask Sumin everything, then Sumin paused a bit, and she then realized that Sumin couldn't agree with that. I personally think you don't necessarily need to be perceptive to read that kind of situation.

ch51conversation..

She said Sumin had given her her heart, yet in the chapter where she caught Sumin cheating, she said Sumin was always ready to leave her. That was a huge contradiction, wasn't it? Did she really ever understand Sumin?

She went back to Seju house again to bring Seju some medicines because Seju didn't have those in her house. There's no way she could know that she would need Seju's house password later since she couldn't possibly know about Seju having no medicine before entering the house and asking Seju if she had some.

I'm not sure what happened in chapter 55.

joined Feb 4, 2017

in many of ur comments you are actually confirming rather than defying:

She said she saw the electricity's invoices, water supply's invoices, etc, were sent to Sumin's workplace, that's the reason why she got that idea. But really, all of those things from my house were always sent to my father's shop, my father was not living alone in our house. When I moved to live with my brother, all of the invoices from his house were also sent to my brother's workplace, not the house. Using Sungji's perception, you would guess that my farther and my brother are living alone, which is false.

she said the Laundry was sent always to the office.. since it is not a clear definite sign and yet she was able to infer something correctly out of it means that she is indeed perceptive .

Sumin hasn't been honest with her since the beginning, not to mention she almost got eaten alive by Sumin several times, yet she just found out about Sumin lacking of frankness in chapter 24.

she did not mean like that, if she took it as it was, then she would only think that all Sumin wanted was sex.. but she did not

If you were talking about when Sungji was asking if she could ask Sumin everything, then Sumin paused a bit, and she then realized that Sumin couldn't agree with that. I personally think you don't necessarily need to be perceptive to read that kind of situation.

asking this question by itself means she knew the answer before hand.. when Sumin came to Sungji home city.. Sungji knew that she would not ask much bcz Sumin would only be on more guards.

ch51conversation..

She said Sumin had given her her heart, yet in the chapter where she caught Sumin cheating, she said Sumin was always ready to leave her. That was a huge contradiction, wasn't it? Did she really ever understand Sumin?

Sumin does love her.. just not earnestly.

She went back to Seju house again to bring Seju some medicines because Seju didn't have those in her house. There's no way she could know that she would need Seju's house password later since she couldn't possibly know about Seju having no medicine before entering the house and asking Seju if she had some.

AND that's exactly what shows that she is indeed perceptive .. she remembered an info. without even knowing when it will be needed.. then uses that info again

I'm not sure what happened in chapter 55.

the walk to the Bus

but I agree with what you are implying, there is not much given about what Sungji is or how she thinks.. that by itself could play a part on any left plot twists

last edited at Mar 10, 2017 10:03PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^What's interesting is the fact that Sungji brought a lot of happiness to Sumin (and woke up her childish side), even Nami commented on it. Seju wasn't able to do it for 10 years even though pretty much all of Sumin's happy memories are with her.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

I recommend people read chapter 55 and then read the season 2 summary with Team Gaji. Pay attention especially to the flashback in chapter 55 which actually take place between season 1 & 2.

Seonji is tougher than people give her credit. Her last lines to Seju are "things aren't going to end the way you want them too. Now it's different"

There is no Seju and Seongji friendship, they are rivals with Sumin as the prize.

Right now - yes. But in the future - who knows. I wish for them to get along.

joined Feb 4, 2016

Ah, so the new chapter is postponed.

I was pretty curious when the short-haired girl gonna make a move, I was half expecting it to happen on ch 75. I think Seju would get killed. Just assumption though.

Then Sumin will mope. Going back to her depressing state. Sungji, being the caring and pure soul she is, accompany her thru thick and thin. Somehow, both of them sail thru the hardship, found solace in each other, heal their wounds, then live happily ever after without a third wheel. Fin.

(Please pardon my random blabbering, but that's one of the plot that come in my mind to call it a healing story)

joined Aug 29, 2015

^What's interesting is the fact that Sungji brought a lot of happiness to Sumin (and woke up her childish side), even Nami commented on it. Seju wasn't able to do it for 10 years even though pretty much all of Sumin's happy memories are with her.

Sumin acts cold and distant to Seju after they broke up. so it is not hard to see why Seju can't make Sumin happy again even though she tried many times to be there for her. their relationship ended badly, so Sumin's good memories of her and Seju turn into a negative/bad nostalgia every time she remembers them. she probably just wants to forget it and move on but she can't. well, that's until Sungji come into the picture.

I still think Seju is the lesser evil between her and Sumin. maybe, Seju cheated on her and her brother beat her up so badly that she needed to cover her scars with tattoos. but Sumin emotionally tortured Seju for 10 years as her revenge for that one night. I would probably hated Seju, if she didn't show any guilt or remorse for hurting Sumin but she did everything for her.
it's just that Seju might have given Sumin everything she wanted but it is not exactly what she needed. it can't be helped though, Sumin did put an emotional barrier between her and Seju.

imo, Sumin's reason that Seju might kill herself if she leave her is pure B.S. it's just her excuse to stay by her side so, she could see Seju miserable when she fooled around with other girls and then leave her when she found a suitable replacement. Sungji did cure her depression with her pure and innocent character without actually talking about it or building a deeper emotional connection between them.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 4:42AM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Sumin acts cold and distant to Seju after they broke up. so it is not hard to see why Seju can't make Sumin happy again even though she tried many times to be there for her. their relationship ended badly, so Sumin's good memories of her and Seju turn into a negative/bad nostalgia every time she remembers them. she probably just wants to forget it and move on but she can't. well, that's until Sungji come into the picture.

It's not just that she acts cold etc. Seju had 10 years to fix things. If she couldn't have done it, it means she probably didn't work hard enough (she never had to before, Sumin was always there with her up until that incident).

I still think Seju is the lesser evil between her and Sumin. maybe, Seju cheated on her and her brother beat her up so badly that she needed to cover her scars with tattoos. but Sumin emotionally tortured Seju for 10 years as her revenge for that one night. I would probably hated Seju, if she didn't show any guilt or remorse for hurting Sumin but she did everything for her.

Well I think Seju's actions are worse, but we're all free to have our opinions :)
Yes, Sumin did hurt Seju at least with that one (literally one) call when she was having sex with the other woman, but we know it happened once and was never shown again. Ever. What Seju did later on? She made sure at least one of Sumin's relationships blew up badly and she constantly repeated she wants Sumin to always come back to her and hate her. Even in the newest chapters she said she'll get her back. She's possessive, but this time she's facing Sungji who's not afraid of her and now is prepared for all kinds of manipulations.

it's just that Seju might have given Sumin everything she wanted but it is not exactly what she needed. it can't be helped though, Sumin did put an emotional barrier between her and Seju.

Sumin only wanted a car and a house, she was prepared to buy it herself (well, her dad was about to buy her a car I think?), but Seju was the first to make this move and bought it for her. The company was renovated by Seju's dad who felt responsible for an attack on her and it looks like he financed quite a lot of her needs afterwars as a compansation.

imo, Sumin's reason that Seju might kill herself if she leave her is pure B.S. it's just her excuse to stay by her side so, she could see Seju miserable when she fooled around with other girls and then leave her when she found a suitable replacement. Sungji did cure her depression with her pure and innocent character without actually talking about it or building a deeper emotional connection between them.

Yeah, Seju didn't try even once to take her own life. Her bro said that because his mom "commited a suicice" which I believe was actually a homicide. There was even an investigation because the case stinked, but the police couldn't prove anything.
I actually think Sungji did build a deep emotional connection with Sumin tbh. Sumin can't imagine her life without her. She cried so hard only after Seju's betrayal before, which proves she loves this girl very, very deep and her emotions are real, feelings are strong. She may not show it all the time since she's kinda flegmatic and introvert, but she's way different from who she used to be for 10 years. Even Nammi commented on it a couple of times.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yes, Sumin did hurt Seju at least with that one (literally one) call when she was having sex with the other woman, but we know it happened once and was never shown again. Ever

No it wasn't only once. Sumin knew how obsessed Seju was with her. She kept coming back to her though, when she was lonely and had no one else. But that doesn't count, since it's not very blatant?
She could have had the decency to cut of all ties with Seju, so Seju would be able to move on as well. But Sumin only cared for what made her feel good.
And a proof of that is that she moved on only because she found something better to lean on, aka Sungji. Also the fact that she acted jealous when Nami told her she slept with Seju. She acted like a jealous girlfriend, going to Seju and snapping at her. As if Seju had no right to be with someone else, but Sumin could go and sleep around freely.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Well I think Seju's actions are worse, but we're all free to have our opinions :)
Yes, Sumin did hurt Seju at least with that one (literally one) call when she was having sex with the other woman, but we know it happened once and was never shown again. Ever. What Seju did later on? She made sure at least one of Sumin's relationships blew up badly and she constantly repeated she wants Sumin to always come back to her and hate her. Even in the newest chapters she said she'll get her back. She's possessive, but this time she's facing Sungji who's not afraid of her and now is prepared for all kinds of manipulations.

Only once, literally once? Sumin admitted that she used Seju for 10 years. Sumin admitted that she was getting back on her for 10 years. For 10 years Sumin has been mentally abusing Seju on purpose. Sumin's relationship with that redhead was already doomed even if Seju did not tell her fiance about it, but again, it only came out of nammi's mouth and it was a theory. No proof of her doing so. Even without Seju taking part, the fiance could still find out about it and beat Sumin up. Not justifying what seju might have done, but it did not blew up badly. It would have happened sooner or later.
Seju doesn't make sure Sumin would come back to her. She studied Sumin's behaviour and just know that Sumin will always come back to her when her relationship fails. All she does is wait. It was Sumin's own choice to come back to Seju. Why? Because she wants to get back on her. She could just up and leave but she did not.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^The call was one and no more. I'm not denying she was coming back (just read all of my posts, please), but they were broken up already so even if it was bad for her to come back to Seju over and over again, she had every right to sleep with other women since they were not a couple anymore for all those 10 years. Yes, she used her. Yes, she accepted the gifts. Yes, she called her once. And yes, she always came back, but how many times did she came back because Seju ruined another one of her relationships? We know she tried to be with someone 30 times before Sungji, we know at least once Seju was behind ruining her relationship (even tho it wasn't good for Sumin, we also know, thanks to Nami, she had other ways to reveal it, but she chose the most - I quote - shocking, undesirable solution) and we know Seju always repeated she'll get her back and will always be there, waiting for her to come back. For Seju, this looked like kinda a relationship, for Sumin it was nothing more than friends with benefits.
IMO Sumin is not someone who can live alone for long. She needs someone to take care of her. So she used Seju this way, but Seju WANTED IT, just like she wanted Sumin to hate her more and more.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 1:45PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

How stupid Seju was back then, involved herself in Sumin x Redhead, a relationship that meant to be doom.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

And yes, she always came back, but how many times did she came back because Seju ruined another one of her relationships? We know she tried to be with someone 30 times before Sungji, we know at least once Seju was behind ruining her relationship

There was no such evidence that Sumin's relationships ended because of Seju. She ruined her relationship with the lawyer on her own. She ruined the relationship with the silver haired girl also on her own. Sumin was also the one who ruined her relationship with Sungji (but managed to save it). It was not Seju. It was never said that Seju did it nor is there any evidence to prove it. Nammi did tell about the redhead, but it was a theory, it was not proven. Even Nammi was not sure about it. Let's say Seju was behind that one relationship only. It means that Sumin was the one who destroyed her 30 other relationships. Not Seju. And to me, it's just her who cannot hold down relationship because she was never over Seju.

IMO Sumin is not someone who can live alone for long. She needs someone to take care of her.

Exactly. That's why she used Seju for 10 years until she can find another person she can rely on. What a strong angel Sumin is.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Seju said that Sumin was always in a relationship that never worked out. If Seju was the one who ruined those relationships, she wouldn't have said like that, wouldn't she?

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^Never said Sumin is strong. I actually said something completely different - she's weak and submissive. And that's why she always came back to Seju (even when she didn't want to - for example, Seju pretty much ordered to come to her, Sumin said no, but since Seju insisted, Sumin instened to her and came), but it was something Seju wanted and waited for. Just like she wanted Sumin to hate her. Why? I have no idea and I don't know if it'll ever be revealed. But we do know Sumin is most responsive to Seju when she's depressed or hurt so Seju used it and most likely will try to do it again, but Sungji isn't some unknown bimbo who doesn't really care about Sumin. She stood up to Seju already, she'll do it again if she has to.

I think Nami was right to believe it was Seju who revelaed everything to that redhead fiance. I also think Seju was behind a couple of more Sumin's break ups because of her manipulative and possessive attitude. Pushing Sumin to be with Sungji was also part of her plan to hurt Sumin, I believe. Sumin is completely clueless and she lacks perceptive so she never found out. Heck, she didn't even know Seju used her perfume until Sungji told her they smell the same...

And like I said many times - Sumin x Seju relationship is toxic to both of them. They can't be together, but they can heal, move on and stay friends without benefits if they work on it. And I wish for them to forgive each other and live happy, just not together-together.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Compares to Seju, Sumin is much stronger, she never said that dating a woman was her only reason to live.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Just because Seju was saying things doesn't mean they're true. She never, not even once, tried to take her own life. She was able to live alone, unlike Sumin, which makes her stronger IMO.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Just because Sumin always dates someone doesn't mean that she has to have a person to lean on in order to live, nor she will not be able to live alone.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Just because Sumin always dates someone doesn't mean that she has to have a person to lean on in order to live, nor she will not be able to live alone.

It was proven over and over again she's unable to take care of herself well enough. Especially when it comes to her health.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Seju got sick last time too, she almost collapsed at work, and she didn't even have any medicine at home, she is not better than Sumin.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Seju got sick last time too, she almost collapsed at work, and she didn't even have any medicine at home, she is not better than Sumin.

And yet, it's always Sumin who people ask if she's not sick. Ever since she was a kid, Seju made sure Sumin was well covered and taken care of because apparently her health wasn't really that good and she didn't care for it either. Don't forget about her being constantly tired too and it's also a condition that goes way back to when she was a kid.
Oh, and one thing I've always seen weird is the fact that Sumin is very pale. Her skin tone is lighter than Seju's and Sungji's. No idea if it's made on purpose or not.

Seju looks like someone who's not sick very often tbh. Why would she need meds at home when she's fine most of the time? I'm the same tbh. The only meds I have are antihistamines since I'm an allergic and Ibuprofen if I'm in any pain, but it's usually out of date since I take it like once or twice a year.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 4:13PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^Of course it doesn't ;) Some people are simply better at hiding it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.