Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

sia ue
yeah. I got you. there's tons of yuri manga/manhwa but only few have dedicated fanbase and it's hard to keep some thread active because manga in particular has longer release dates compared to manhwa.

as a yuri fan and even though I'm not the biggest fan of wdtfs. I feel grateful to successful series like this because it does help the yuri genre to be more popular and recognized. and maybe it will urge or inspire other artist to create more yuri content.

Yeah, long release dates can be a problem. I stopped reading Citrus because of that. But for most yuri mangas though, even if they were released every hour, I might unlikely want to read them either. They don't really have interesting plots, and tend to be only about kids making love. I honestly don't even bother remembering those mangas' titles, let alone wanting to visit their threads. I think I soon will not even give yuri manga a try anymore. I find yuri manhwas more adult-like, not so fiction-ish, and more relatable. But still, a story that can hit you deeply, and it's every single chapter updated makes you feel like you could even give a thesis-like comment as wdtfs is not that easy to find. I personally think that the whole wdtfs third arc is a bad writing, but still have to say that the overall manhwa is good and commendable.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Thanks! This is quite informative. It's not weird at all, i believe you. I just thought it's the same for straight people spontaneously being top or bottom.
It does make sense since Sumin was always on top almost all the time and I wonder how does she cum when she is always on top.

Sumin, was she in pain or pleasure when Sungji topped her? Did she cum? I wasn't sure, since she begged her to stop.

Sometimes, a woman can cum without being touched, by only pleasuring the other lady.. and sometime the joy itself suffice.

Ur last question is what I myself think, it was painful not pleasurable.. it does not look like the usual panting and moans that the creaters make to illustrate pleasure ..
Why is that.. I have no idea.. but maybe bcz of something Sungji said .. or her being a rocky in that aspect
I remember Sungji said: (if I could engrave my name on you I would ).. for someone with a scar that only reminds her of an ex and the associated physical and emotional pain, that comment is enough to drag her out of the mood+ Sumin facial expression.. I can only think about pain not pleasure.
Or was it the change in the power dynamics so suddenly?..mmm
But this is just my interpretation.

Sumin was dead tired after what she did to Sungji, but I'm sure she came and end up with oversex state, which can be both satisfying and painful and since she's usually the top or service bottom, she couldn't stand being in such state.

There is a type of hypersensitivity where a pleasurable act can become too much and that the receiver looks uncomfortable or in pain.

Yes, but she was enjoying what Sungji was doing to her for a few moments and then it became too much which seems like she came and end up with oversex.

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Speaking of change in power dynamics, i wonder if we get to see more of that. And i was never sure who said this line "things hanve changed"

Oh yeah.. I believe this how it will go looking at Sungji presistence and gazes, then it depeneds on how much of a power dynamics change can Sumin tolerate without being uncomfotable (guilt and love can play a big role in that)

About the line, it could be both.. it could be one of them.. Seju's reaction can imply many posibilities and so Sungji's actions

joined Feb 4, 2017

Yes, but she was enjoying what Sungji was doing to her for a few moments and then it became too much which seems like she came and end up with oversex.

Oversex you say.. well I look at chapter 4, that one was overdoing it with a tough & demanding position.. she then resumed it with Seju.. that what happened with Sungji was pretty the basics.
In all other incounters, u are able to see clearly when the charecter was done.. but not that particular scene. Was it a physical or psychological matter .. this is what I cant identify

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 5:24PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Oversex you say.. well I look at chapter 4, that one was overdoing it with a tough & demanding position.. she then resumed it with Seju.. that what happened with Sungji was pretty the basics.
In all other incounters, u are able to see clearly when the charecter was done.. but not that particular scene. Was it a physical or psychological matter .. this is what I cant identify

But wasn't Sumin still the top there? Also what were the circumstances surround the sex scene in chapter 4?

At first she was, but she wasn't dead tired afterwards and it looks like Seju did her too. But again, Sumin wasn't tired. She was sitting, having a conversation while smoking a cigarette.

We know in the one with Seongji that Sumin only just came back from a flight and was pretty tired from that plus i think having to work for Seongji's affection affected her a bit.

Correct me if i am wrong since Sumin is a top could she be more sensitive since she was not often on the receiving end?

A mixture of those could make her more hypersensitive. I'm very hypersensitive when i am tired.

Yes, that's how I understood it too. It's also different when you want someone the way you haven't in a long, long time or ever. Last time Sumin felt like that was over 10 years ago. She's overwhelmed.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

At first she was, but she wasn't dead tired afterwards and it looks like Seju did her too. But again, Sumin wasn't tired. She was sitting, having a conversation while smoking a cigarette.

We assume Seju did her too. But all we really saw was Seju straddling and kissing Sumin. How are we to know they then didnt switch? We've already established that Sumin is a top so the probability of switching is high wouldn't you say?

Yes, it's probable and it might've happened.

joined Feb 4, 2017

oh may .. if Sumin could still top Seju that specific night, then that will be overpowering her
in that case, she probably has carpal tunnel syndrome hehehehe !

initiation and position suggest Seju was doing the job.. actually to shut someone up, you might as well put a specific thing in their mouth.. hehehe

(this is getting too far.. how did we get here again ..)

Edit: this info. might be useful, but the flight duration between Seoul and Tokyo is only 2 hours.

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 9:13PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

I hate to do this over and over again:
in ch50 Sumin thinks that Sungji is too good for her .. but then Sumin concluded that the one will hold her even if she is nothing but an empty shell will be Seju, yet went to break up with Seju!
(i am not a fan of teaming and shipping .. but this is strange behaviour giving the conclusion she reached )

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 9:30PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^She doesn't want to be an empty shell and she found out she's not which was proven when she was coming back with Sungji by a bus after Sungji found her with Seju and then by how hard she cried.

joined Mar 5, 2017

Let's wait for the next chapter to unfold so that we can discuss new topics lol. Meantime, (for those who keep track) new chapter of Citrus is out. as for me, i'm going to enjoy reading it before i get to see new ch of wdtfs as i'm sure it will get me angry, sad, hurt, happy? Lol

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 4:20AM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Let's wait for the next chapter to unfold so that we can discuss new topics lol. Meantime, (for those who keep track) new chapter of Citrus is out. as for me, i'm going to enjoy reading it before i get to see new ch of wdtfs as i'm sure it will get me angry, sad, hurt, happy? Lol

Check out "It would be great if you did not exist"

The Third Party
The Love Doctor
You probably know Pulse? ;)

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 7:31AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Were you guys trying to prove that Sumin could finally move on with Sungji because Sungji was the second person in the would who could make her climax?

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Were you guys trying to prove that Sumin could finally move on with Sungji because Sungji was the second person in the would who could make her climax?

Sometimes I wonder where are you picking thoughts like this one, heh.
No, never. It's about love and trust, nor sex per se.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Look i'm going to be honest. The only character in this that elicits any kind of real emotional reaction out of me is Pporong. Too damn cute.

Omg, I can't with those hearts above his cute little head whenever he cuddles with Sumin. This dog loves her more than he loves Sungji, haha!

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I picked it from reading you guys' discussions. My bad english reading comprehension must have played a main role there.

Sungji is very easy to read and very hard to read at the same time imo. It amazes me how Sumin was able to find a reason to trust her.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I picked it from reading you guys' discussions. My bad english reading comprehension must have played a main role there.

It's understandable. Even as someone with English as my first language it can get a little confusing. For instance Sarcasm can be hard to pick up just by reading, tone is just as important as the words itself.

In case you find something hard to tell if it's a sarcasm or not, take it as sarcasm if you feel like you should deserve one, otherwise, take it as not.

Sungji is very easy to read and very hard to read at the same time imo. It amazes me how Sumin was able to find a reason to trust her.

She is usually pretty honest compared to the others when speaking i find which is possibly what Sumin found too. Though she does keep a few secrets, but only us the readers can see that.

We never saw Sumin and Sungji having any serious talk yet. As a reader, I still don't know how honest Sungji is, tbh. I believe Sumin still sees Sungji as an innocent girl. They date, but it seems to me that they only got to know each other as much as normal friends do.

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 8:07PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

The conversation in chapter 51 was important, but after Sungji caught Sumin cheating, it has turned out to be not imo. Sumin didn't break their trust, I'd say they never really have one in the first place.

English. But the art is good, even if there's no text, I think I would still get what's going on in the manhwa.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

We never saw Sumin and Sungji having any serious talk yet. As a reader, I still don't know how honest Sungji is, tbh. I believe Sumin still sees Sungji as an innocent girl. They date, but it seems to me that they only got to know each other as much as normal friends do.

I guess we just read into things differently, i thought the conversations in ch 51 & 52 were important.

Ch11 too.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

but then Sumin concluded that the one will hold her even if she is nothing but an empty shell will be Seju

In which chapter?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

She is not an empty shell when she is with Seju though. She knew how to comfort Seju when Seju's back from meeting her family, also, after Seju told her about her father's health, she hoped he would get better.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

She is not an empty shell when she is with Seju though. She knew how to comfort Seju when Seju's back from meeting her family, also, after Seju told her about her father's health, she hoped he would get better.

That's not really the case.
Her love for Seju for the past 10 years was more like being used to her, knowing her, hoping she could feel anything. But those were mostly negative emotions. And yes, you can hate and love at the same time, it's what called a toxic love. It's different from normal, satisfying, healthy love. Toxic love is empty because of the lack of positivity.

Now look at Sumin's love for Sungji. Sure cares about her and her feelings. When she thought Sungji was angry, she went to her in the middle of the night. She didn't want just sex - she was waiting for Sungji and herself to be sure they have a chance to work out. She wants Sungji to be happy, even if she herself will end up hurt and alone. She feels bad without her around. She's actually living again and enjoying this life. Sungji brought her back. Seju was unable to wake all this in her for 10 years, mostly thanks to her brother, but also to get own approach - she wanted Sumin to hate her instead of patiently working on her when she end up hurt again. You won't earn forgiveness and positive response if you put salt into the wound and that's exactly what Seju did. Just because Sumin reacted to Seju's dad being sick means nothing since she not a sociopath. Same goes with her "comforting" Seju after she met with her fam.

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 10:12PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yes I meant chapter 50, I read the original Lezhin english releases, sometimes I read the German ones that are not original bcz they are one release earlier to the original english ones.

in some chapters, the fan translation is just out of context.. if that's the case in that particular chapter:
we are talking about the chapter following Summin's conversation with Nammi on the phone, when she has her inner thoughts.

cool, go to the last two pages: the red head holds Sungji's face and says ( to Summin): she is too good for the likes of you.

the lawyer goes : is she the one ? the person that woull hold you even if you are nothing but an empty shell.
Summin: NO

the conversation goes, then you see Summin being held by Seju.. Summin admits to her self that she still "in love" with Seju. (NOTICE: she was HELD by Seju.. before we drag another two pages of who was she referring to, the only one held her in her brain was Seju.. cool )
now in Korean and in English, there are different terms in which the level of love can be expressed: "IN LOVE" is a stronger and deeper term. (English is my third language so correct me in that if I'm wrong)
in the original translation they use "in love" not love or like or attracted etc.

now, whatever happened after those 3 main realisations is still ambiguous to me.

• is she running away from Seju once more and Sungji is a life boat ? (in a sense that it does not actually matter how much she loves Sungji in comparison to Seju.. she wants to run, and think about it later! )
  • goes to Sungji's place, Sungji says something like (you gave me your heart), Summin questions that in her mind , whether she could let her go.. going around how she can't give love or just giving good memories, later puts a ring on it and breaks up with the one she is sure about her feeling for ! (now, what is going on again!! )

---> she is actually lying when she said in the last chapter that she does not care anymore about Seju.

then again, she is so damn stuck in the house that Seju bought her, even though she was able to sell her "parents'" house in the first break-up trial ! (she returned a car that has less memories but not the house!.. is she lazy to pack the shit out.. naaah! )
two possible reasons in my mind:
1- she is actually not ready to move on :) .. ones more
2- give Seju an active role in this breakup for once (but nah, from how I see it.. Sumin is too dense to think about Seju's feelings or relationships sophistications)

( I do not really care who's going to marry whom as much as I care about their motives of doing all these decisions.. if you are already given a whole chapter of deep thinking that is totally inconsistent with the later actions)
now, I really wanna see how it will go after Seju's father passes away
- since Sumin won't comfort Seju as she used to, how their interaction would look like, how Sumin will explain any interaction with Seju to Sungji THAT particular time..!
-> I myself find Seju both: reckless and stronger as Sumin gets further from her.

(I tried reading Pulse till we get the new chapter .. man, it is totally not satisfying - art nor plot wise )

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 10:47PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Did you try The Third Party and The Love Doctor?

There's another option for the house - she wanted this house, badly. And she'd buy it, but Seju was faster. I also think she didn't sell her parents house because like she said, it's been 10 years and she's so haunted by their death. She was close to them.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Did you try The Third Party and The Love Doctor?

There's another option for the house - she wanted this house, badly. And she'd buy it, but Seju was faster. I also think she didn't sell her parents house because like she said, it's been 10 years and she's so haunted by their death. She was close to them.

tried love doctor <-- shallow story
third party <-- the art is just a turn off, too plastic (am I that picky hehehe)
I enjoyed FF though
she said by herself that she sold the house coz it reminded her of Baek Seju.. she did not stay in for 10 years but sold it during the same period of the scarring - break up

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 10:52PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Just because Sumin reacted to Seju's dad being sick means nothing since she not a sociopath. Same goes with her "comforting" Seju after she met with her fam.

I was talking about whether she was like an empty shell or not when she was with Seju. If she still knew how to care about others, why did the lawyer say like that to her?

To reply you must either login or sign up.