Forum › Josou Danshi to Menhera Oji-san discussion

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

This was really, really good. Who knew that one of my most favorite releases on a website largely based on lesbian taiwanese comics would be a yaoi manga involving cross-dressing, age gap and borderline rape.

[checks map]

joined Jan 17, 2017

That... was actually good. It caught some of my anxiety coming out in public as trans, though of course the circumstances are quite different.

Picture%20edit
joined Dec 13, 2016

Reading this was like reading the mangaka's previous work, Bokura no Hentai, in condensed form. All the angst and depression steamrolled into a five chapter read. Not often that I find something that makes me consider my own life in perspective. Going to have a long think after this one.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Tanabe was a really good and supportive friend.
The ex wife being chill about it in the aftertalk made me happy too
Yasuda essentially becoming his househusband is a comforting kind of ending/everyday life. The main characters coming to terms with what angst'd them for 15 years though ;___; I'm happy for them

Maxresdefault
joined Dec 26, 2016

hit to much feels man, i hope there's more work like this .... but happier.

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

I'm surprised this ended up being quite a good read

joined Jun 12, 2012

This was really, really good. Who knew that one of my most favorite releases on a website largely based on lesbian taiwanese comics would be a yaoi manga involving cross-dressing, age gap and borderline rape.

[checks map]

Sorry, I meant Vietnamese slideshow programs.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Ah, well that clears up everything.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Oh the ending was so cute! I was very worried from how it started but what a nice surprise.

36065563-min
joined Jul 11, 2017

This is a nice read, depressing and psychological, but still a great read.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

This makes me cry. It brightens my day as today is the worst day of my life. My day cannot get any lower. It has been a long time since I thought about checking out. Today is one of those days. This manga is not a tragedy, but rather a Romance, one of the best Romance I have ever read. It is not a 100% yaoi, because relying on cross-dressing to have a yaoi is not exactly fit the bill. This is just like La Cage aux Folles.
In any case I was worried about Yasuda actually walked into Aokigahara. But there were still more than 1 chapter to go, so that most likely means he did not die. He is much braver than a lot of people, it just that he has a low self esteem. Unlike a regular gay man, he is into girlyboys, which makes him feel even more deviant and trash than anyone else who is a "regular" LGBT. Of course in real life there are couples like that, a very small minority, but they are there. If he has stayed in that apartment all along, it will be a different story, and most likely it will actually ended up as tragedy.
As for the wife, the way she felt about the divorce and the marriage, she probably considered a dead marriage because she has all the suspicion all along. She is a doctor mind you. I cannot imagine Hayasaka would have sex with her, or just do the "minimal'. The fact that they do not have a child is a big neon sign because that would be considered unusual in Japan. She probably is just as relieved as our couple.
So in the end with Tanabe talking some sense into Hayasaka, Hayasaka and Yasuda ended up saving each other. That qualifies as "wholesome" for me.
Yes, age gap like that is normal in real life in LGBT community. 15 or 16 years of difference is nothing. I wonder if Tanabe is the artist's alter ego.

To reply you must either login or sign up.