Forum › Kimi Koi Limit discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I always come to re-read this.. hurts so much I love it :v

You were talking about an extra, but I actually found two of them http://www.dm5.com/m146223/ (fireworks) and http://www.dm5.com/m247149/ (dunno what's about but Sono goes homeless again XD).

Oh, I actually found the Hiroko's one in chinesse... I will try find them in jap next time First part http://www.dm5.com/m134913/ and Second part http://www.dm5.com/m146080/

last edited at Feb 18, 2017 9:09PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

I always come to re-read this.. hurts so much I love it :v

You were talking about an extra, but I actually found two of them http://www.dm5.com/m146223/ (fireworks) and http://www.dm5.com/m247149/ (dunno what's about but Sono goes homeless again XD).

Oh, I actually found the Hiroko's one in chinesse... I will try find them in jap next time First part http://www.dm5.com/m134913/ and Second part http://www.dm5.com/m146080/

Oh, those need to be translated. I loved Kimi Koi Limit. Both seem to take place after the end when they are together. The first seems like a flashback and then her waiting for Sono who's late. The other seems to be them getting into some sort of argument and Sono running away.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Ah k remember to read this in a few years earlier. Decided to abandoned it becuz i hated the main character.

Tried it to re-read. The results are still the same

joined Apr 27, 2017

God damn it. I feel so bad for Hiroko that this almost feels like netorare to me. The part where Hiroko rushed to pick up Soon after she faints always gets me.

I'm honestly getting tired how promiscuous characters always end up being tools to develop the story, same thing happened in Dear My Teacher too (hey at least in that one the Teacher wasn't as bitchy as Satomi).

joined Jun 13, 2017

I'm honestly getting tired how promiscuous characters always end up being tools

Well, they are tools. They don't really deserve anything good to happen to them.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don't really think it's about deserving or not deserving, in this story, at least. Sono loved Sato, not Hiroko, and that's really all there is to it. Yeah you feel bad for Hiroko, what happened to her fucking sucks. It doesn't really have anything to do with her promiscuity either - she loved somebody who didn't love her back, that can happen to anyone.

I wouldn't really call her a "tool" either, since she's very much a main character, getting a perhaps more development than Sato - her experience is integral to this story. Just by shifting your view, this is the story of Hiroko's first and doomed love, falling apart despite her desperate attempts to hold it together. It's still a damn good story.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 7:09AM

joined Jun 13, 2017

I wouldn't really call her a "tool" either

No, she very much is. Here's a hint. Tool has more than one meaning.
The point is that promiscuous deserve literally nothing, as they are not good people. Even if they try to change their ways, they are still riddled with mistakes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wouldn't really call her a "tool" either

No, she very much is. Here's a hint. Tool has more than one meaning.
The point is that promiscuous deserve literally nothing, as they are not good people. Even if they try to change their ways, they are still riddled with mistakes.

So it's less anything to do with the story, and more about your own personal hang-ups then.

joined Jun 13, 2017

Nope, degenerates who sleep around, cheat or are otherwise unfaithful being tools/all around bad people is not a personal hang-up, it's just a fact. And it has everything to do with the story, because only through their portrayal in the story can they be shown with those negative qualities.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nope, degenerates who sleep around, cheat or are otherwise unfaithful being tools/all around bad people is not a personal hang-up, it's just a fact. And it has everything to do with the story, because only through their portrayal in the story can they be shown with those negative qualities.

You project so hard, yo' mamma named you Cinemax.

joined Jun 13, 2017

I hear non-answers make you look really smart.
I actually find it pretty funny how you are trying to defend being unfaithful and cheating.

On the other side, just because someone says something you like is bad, you don't need to jump to spirited, and even nasty, defense of it as if they attacked you personally. Try to act like adults about this in even the most minimal fashion, please.

Guess that doesn't apply to you.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm a little confused. The only character here who arguably cheats on anyone is Sono. So she's the one who deserves eternal suffering and hellfire? You have to be a little more clear in your sermons, or I won't know who is damned.

joined Jun 13, 2017

schuyguy, read chapter five again. In the Hiroko flashback she's talking with her friends about how she sleeps around and even her friends call her terrible. She also said she only approached Sono with the intentions of leading her on.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

No, I did read that. So yeah, she says that she sleeps with people with no strings attached - ie. neither of them has any expectations of fidelity towards the other. You argue that this is a sign of degeneracy etc. But you also say that those who cheat are degenerates. Since you brought it up, Sono is pretty unfaithful, and thus by your argument, also deserving of eternal damnation.

Or does her infidelity "not count" because she was just cheating on a degenerate?

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 12:10PM

joined Jun 13, 2017

To quote them (her bar friends).

That's so terrible. As expected from Hiroko.

She's terrible all the time.
Also, I don't ever recall saying that Sono was innocent. I only replied to 25toLife's statement of "I'm honestly getting tired how promiscuous characters always end up being tools" which was in context to Hiroko, but my reply was in no way limited to just her.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Okay, gotcha: bottom line, if your friends say you're terrible, then you deserve only unhappiness.

joined Jun 13, 2017

Nope, not even close to what I said.
What's up with people here and giving non-answers like it's some kind of "win-all" button for any argument?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Conqclub posted:

Nope, not even close to what I said.
What's up with people here and giving non-answers like it's some kind of "win-all" button for any argument?

I didn't read it in long time, but from what I remember, even if Hiroko wasn't serious before, didn't entire point was that she wanted to change for Sono and she actually cared for her? That is why it hurt her so bad, Sono couldn't fall for her? So for you if anyone make any mistake ever, they are doomed forever. You are such nice person yourself. Did someone cheat on you or something that you are so salty about it, you can't forgive anyone for anything?

joined May 20, 2017

So for you if anyone make any mistake

Cheating, sleeping around and being a shallow low life is a choice, not a mistake. You are accountable for your actions.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

anon1234 posted:

So for you if anyone make any mistake

Cheating, sleeping around and being a shallow low life is a choice, not a mistake. You are accountable for your actions.

You are so funny Conqclub. Despite what you said in other thread, you couldn't not reply to me, so you made new account to not lose face? Now who is the one with big ego xD

joined Jun 13, 2017

Did someone cheat on you or something that you are so salty about it, you can't forgive anyone for anything?

Nope. And a mistake is something you do unintentionally. That's not the case here.

so you made new account to not lose face

Yeah, I made a new account a month ago to reply to you today.
Also, the fact you unironically use "xd" is just sad, you're also belligerent and fight about everything.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 9:21PM

joined May 20, 2017

@Nevri
You sure do shitpost A LOT. You didn't even pretend to address what I said in the post or discuss the series. What the other guy said is right, you take everything personally. Really, just accept you're wrong and move on with your life.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There is zero indication in the series that Hiroko cheats during any of her relationships. Arguably, none of them last long enough for that to happen, but the only suggestion is that she's only "had fun" with other girls and not gotten into anything lasting with any of them until Sono came along. Assuming this is projecting your own issues onto the character.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 11:28PM

joined Jun 13, 2017

Sleeping around, in and of itself is shallow, degenerate and depraved. Sleeping around does not imply cheating, this was just one of the items that was on the list at the start of this discussion. Also, like was mentioned before, Hiroko has a well known history of being terrible, as per her friend's own words. It's pretty strange how think sleeping around and being depraved is just normal acceptable behavior if you're not in a steady relationship.

Either way, Hiroko is also known for intentionally trying to hurt people. In her own monologue she admits to known that Sono is emotionally vulnerable, but she tries to tease here and lead her on anyway. That's not something a good person does, and it also shows that she clearly acted like that in the past, meaning she cheated.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Sleeping around, in and of itself is shallow, degenerate and depraved.

What is it with the deluge of prudes in the Forum as of late... I like how you phrase your own personal opinion as though it is a self-evident truth. If someone likes to just have physical fun, with no strings attached, and their partners are equally alright with that, that is perfectly fine. It also does not preclude them from having a serious, committed relationship one day, if they so choose. If sleeping around is not someone's cup of tea, that is also perfectly fine. People are different, some are promiscuous, some are not, some are downright prudes.
Also, what is "acceptable" behaviour if you are "not in a steady relationship"? "Acceptable" by whom, I might also ask. In addition, and I find this to be a staple of prudes such as yourself, you seem to think (as is implied in that sentence of yours) that "steady relationships" are basically something everyone should aspire to. I wonder what would you think if you came across a person who is, oh, I do not know, not interested in having relationships. Considering most "steady relationships" in real life break apart, I have always found it curious people can get so vehement about it being the only "acceptable", to use your term, form of social interaction in a sexual/romantic context.

As for this manga, that scene you keep incessantly bringing up, her friend called her "terrible", once (so much for your "well known history"), in an obviously humorous manner. It was not a 'you are a genuinely terrible person' kind of statement (which seems to be your interpretation), it was just friendly banter, which is usual amongst friends. There is exactly zero proof that Hiroko cheats, or that she even has 'relationships', mostly it seems like she just hooks up for one-night stands. Also, her remark that the other girl was "cut and dry" about the whole thing would suggest her partner was after the same thing, which is just casual sex.

last edited at Jun 24, 2017 12:14AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.