Forum › Raison d'etre no Arika discussion

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Nagisa would have felt a lot less shoehorned in in Rebellion if she had a great backstory like this. Whew, and what a great backstory it was. I never really supported NagiMami (MamiNagi? Nagimi? I dunno) before this because... well, there was pretty much no evidence for it at all (that I remember at any rate) but I'm just gonna take this as canon from now on.

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

^ditto

joined Sep 9, 2016

Nice story with a very bittersweet ending. I agree this would have been a better way to insert Nagisa into the plot of Rebellion.

One last thing.... could we maybe correct the title to Raison d'être no Arika? The lack of accent kind of bugs me...

Sorry for being such a stickler for spelling.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

And that's why Homura did nothing wrong.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Nice story with a very bittersweet ending. I agree this would have been a better way to insert Nagisa into the plot of Rebellion.

One last thing.... could we maybe correct the title to Raison d'être no Arika? The lack of accent kind of bugs me...

Sorry for being such a stickler for spelling.

Yep! This does wonderfully making Nagisa part of the crew.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I loved this!

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

And that's why Homura did nothing wrong.

Yep

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

After watch Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku and star understand more the feels of Madoka character
and wish they get a better happy ending like this one.

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

Like Minutoh, I really never truly bought the nagisaXmami paring that rebellion brought us. Sure I was happy to see that mami can no longer be stuck to the fifth wheel role all the time, but it still bothered me since there was no background between them and yet they looked closer to each other than the series' main pairing madohomu.
I think the only reason nagisa was put in rebellion was either she was the 2nd witch next to walpugris that fans will most likely remember or because people were already pairing mami with charlotte even before the movie.

I'd like to think the latter is true since the movie was like the ultimate service to the show's yuri fans since they put elements like:
1. Kyoko and Sayaka living together (not to mention that tear jerking confession at the final fight, lol)
2. Homura confirming that her feelings for Madoka were love, not just the extreme friendship that most magical girls show exhibit (although some people will argue that the "love" homura supposedly felt was some kind of other psychotic feeling. as for me, imprisoning the girl you love in a new reality is kinda standard. lol)
3. The movie ending with the characters being paired up. I mean come on, that's just like the creators telling everyone that those pairings are now official canon. :))

Anyway, great read. I always get teary-eyed whenever reading PMMM pieces like this since the series was actually my introduction to the yuri genre.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Nice history. It could work as a good complement •^•

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Anyway, great read. I always get teary-eyed whenever reading PMMM pieces like this since the series was actually my introduction to the yuri genre.

PMMM was actually my introduction to the yuri genre too! I still remember the bittersweet emotions I felt while I was watching Episode 7 and that beautiful ending song playing over the credits... what was the song called again... And I'm Home, right? I haven't listened to it in a while, so I'm gonna go do that now... Anyhow, that episode and that damn song got me into yuri, and now I won't ever be able to get out of it. And I don't really want to either!

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I don't ship MamiNagi romantically, but this story was really cute anyway. I especially liked the art here, especially-especially the way the artist drew Nagisa.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

Wow, this artist actually gave a backstory to Nagisa! That is a new one!

(This story was really well made though!)

TheYuriReviewer
Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

Still a stickler for this pairing
I wonder if they will ever make a sequel to Rebellion soon...

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I never really thought much of Nagisa & Mami, But I really like what this doujin did with their backstory. It's like a new perspective in Nagisa's POV while she was in Rebellion.

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 10:49PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I liked this backstory so much for Nagisa that I wish this was canon. Don't know what kind of treatment Nagisa will get in the next movie (or if shes even in it at all) but it would be great if they expanded on her life before she became a witch. Her being added to rebellion felt like useless fanservice. Basically Im agreeing with the above comments.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Ayukko doujin with nagisa and madohomu playing house really made me have a tear of joys ^^, I really wish they get married and have happy life after ^^

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

PMMM was actually my introduction to the yuri genre too! I still remember the bittersweet emotions I felt while I was watching Episode 7 and that beautiful ending song playing over the credits... what was the song called again... And I'm Home, right? I haven't listened to it in a while, so I'm gonna go do that now... Anyhow, that episode and that damn song got me into yuri, and now I won't ever be able to get out of it. And I don't really want to either!

Yep, that's the title. That song was so good, I really wish it was longer. Kyosaya's story was so tragic and beautiful that they still remain as my no.1 yuri couple today.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

All these comments regarding Nagisa feeling like useless filler and fanservice make me think it was done on purpose. Rebellion seems to be a mockery of all these "everyone is a happy lesbian" kind of doujins, with Homura clearly unable to grasp the idea of not getting her happy ending (until the very end, that is).

Nagisa is a "there you have it, human!Charlotte with Mami with no logical reason behind it, just like you wanted and make so much fanstuff about."

... so yeah, I like this doujin.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Having Nagisa around gives Homura and Mami an excuse to throw down, which apparently they wanted to do from the beginning since Mami didn't get to show off her skills well in the series. Using "Bebe" as the mechanism probably was just fan service, though.

Moving on, episode 10 of the series shows Homura distancing herself from Madoka more and more as the loops wore on. Rebellion is the ultimate culmination of that: Homura's sought to save Madoka for what may well be a thousand loops. When she gets to meet Madoka again after she erases her own existence, our rather psychotic heroine finds one more way to "save" her, only realizing after it was too late that she'd done Madoka no favor and quite possibly severed any chance of them being close again.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Yes, "And I'm Home" is the title of that beautiful song. But it doesn't play at the end of Episode 7, But at the end of Episode 9.

Soooo.... Nagisa did in the end deliberately fall for Homura's magic dream illusion or whatever, just to be with Mami somehow...? O_o at least ma couple...

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

This is just beautiful. This is my new headcanon. In fact, they need to make this canon. =3

But in the end, the fake world created by Homura will not gonna last forever. Either Madoka's power overwhelms the world or some of the others begins to regain their memories.
And if they keep going with the concept movie ideas, the one will probably be Mami.

joined Mar 3, 2017

Imma be honest, I initially wasn't a fan of this ship. After reading this doujin I think I'm starting to come around to it, though. The idea of Nagisa giving up everything just to be with Mami was so sweet and heart wrenching! I really loved it! :3

SomeWeirdoOnTheInternet
Sans%20is%20the%20best.
joined May 30, 2020

I really liked this one!

To reply you must either login or sign up.