Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

hehhe, Welcome to Booby Cafe! ^_^

It's annoying how I'm kinda busy so I can't go to the cinema, at least not this week... ^^"

Anyway, I was thinking of posting something positive so here we go... a sweet temptation I wasn't able to resist the other day(RIP my diet xD)...plus a vanilla flavoured tea yeey
and people usually post those on instagram... I do it on yuri forums..

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Older Sis Looks delicious.. I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation myself to be honest ^ ^

You shouldnt worry about no time for cinema, I "didn't have the time" for 5 years.

Also, I do think it's a good thing you stick to yuri forums and not Instagram ^^

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

You are way more optimistic than I can ever be. It probably won't be unwatchable, might even be enjoyable. But we'll have to forget everything single thing about GITS because the trailer was enough to know that any underlying theme, reflexion, even the mood will be nowhere to be found.
"you are the first of your kind" "maybe next time you can design me better" "they didn't save your life, they stole it" Riiiiight, did you see the anime? Sure you did, but you had to dumb it down, add some good old fashioned american values and sell it, what else.
Sorry, I'm angry :D

That cake looks nice and fluffy as yuri though

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 11:38AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Older Sis Looks delicious.. I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation myself to be honest ^ ^

You shouldnt worry about no time for cinema, I "didn't have the time" for 5 years.

Also, I do think it's a good thing you stick to yuri forums and not Instagram ^^

LittleSis <3

don't tell anyone...==cocoa is my weak spot xD==

once in a while it's nice to ruin your diet with a ok-ish movie^^
I personally can't wait to see Emma in "Beuty and the Beast" yeey!

I do have an instagram account... but there I keep just a few photos of kittens xD
but I agree with you!

@ Ishi

Welcome to the Cafe! :)

and cake was lovely!^^

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 9:14AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

You are way more optimistic than I can ever be. It probably won't be unwatchable, might even be enjoyable. But we'll have to forget everything single about GITS because the trailer was enough to know that every any underlying theme, reflexion, even the mood will be nowhere to be found.
"you are the first of your kind" "maybe next time you can design me better" "they didn't save your life, they stole it" Riiiiight, did you see the anime? Sure you did, but let's dumb it down and sell it, what else.
Sorry, I'm angry :D

Well, I honestly would rather have this movie be terrible than just an average sci-fi flick without any deeper themes, but judging by the production values, it's gonna be the latter.

Reminds me of the horrors that were Arise's models of characters..

Worst case scenario I'll borrow you pitchforks and torches and we'll both deal damage.

LittleSis <3

don't tell anyone...=cocoa is my weak spot xD=

once in a while it's nice to ruin your diet with a ok-ish movie^^
I personally can't wait to see Emma in "Beuty and the Beast" yeey!

I do have an instagram account... but there I keep just a few photos of kittens xD
but I agree with you!

@Older Sister Don't worry, I won't ^ ^ For me it's vanilla flavour.

I was so cheap that I didnt even buy popcorn at the cinema, but the tickets were really expensive for our standards, around twice the price of an average ticket. Oh, and it had redundant 3D effects, my worst nemesis.

I'll be rooting with you for it! ^ ^

If I had an Instagram, I'd have totally written now "share the name with me". Cocoa, cats and yuri are a great mix.

Now if everyone will excuse me, I need to make use of those 2 days off and take a nap so I'll be able to stay until very late hours.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ sis
Sleep well! And enjoy your days off^^

It's official,I hate the auto correct...I meant to write coconuts, not cocoa ... Stupid thing xD

Anyway, I know what you mean, 3D sucks.. and it's usually more expensive....

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I'm on Ishi's side here, I'm never confident when it comes to remake, whether it's GITS or Blade Runner or any great old movie / serie, because these masterpieces are IMHO sufficient in itself and don't need a sequel unless it's something that has been thoroughly prepared and that comes from the author / director of the original. So I'm not hyped, I'm rather sceptical here.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/system/images_images/000/004/698/original/1Usvnsb.jpg?1463672998

I wouldn't hold to much hope for GITS, but I'll definitely be ready to bash it as yet another let's take a masterpiece, turn it into crap and watch the money flow

Which manga plan is that? I mean the art style ia of Jin.but which doujin?

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 3:43PM by Nezchan

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

It's not a doujin, just two images with a self-contained story.

http://dynasty-scans.com/images/4698

http://dynasty-scans.com/images/4699

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

It's not a doujin, just two images with a self-contained story.

http://dynasty-scans.com/images/4698

http://dynasty-scans.com/images/4699

I see. Thanks. Jin is fav. yuri mangaka.

I hope she and Mira will one day publish a long term yuri series.

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Would be nice if those two boob ladies had their doujin though, they've got quite the thing going on...

I think Mira is actually an OL drawing manga as a hobby (?) so short series are probably the best we can hope for. Still, she's quite prolific.

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 1:35PM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

In case anyone is interested:
The 100 is back with season 4...

Just saw "Split" in the cinema today.
If anyone's looking for a good movie, that one is worth a watch...

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

has anyone else noticed that in crime shows the technology is like 20 years ahead of us now with like the holograms and what not

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Would be nice if those two boob ladies had their doujin though, they've got quite the thing going on...

I think Mira is actually an OL drawing manga as a hobby (?) so short series are probably the best we can hope for. Still, she's quite prolific.

OL? What's that?

Yeah a pity they are going a short series. I mean no offense, they both are fav. for a reason but a long series would be awesome.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

In case anyone is interested:
The 100 is back with season 4...

I saw Jeremy Jahns and Chris Stuuckman review and they both liked it. Maybe once it on the show box app i will watch it.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

So M Night Shyamalan is good now? Alright I'll check it out, But can I still call him Fuck-up Lord Shyamalan just for shitz n giggles?

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 10:23PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

OL? What's that?

Office lady. Really not sure of what I'm saying about Mira though

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 2:03AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

OL? What's that?

Office lady. Really not sure of what I'm saying though

Neither do i.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

A female co-worker of mine always says that I look at her in a mean/funny way when I actually couldn't be more indifferent to her. And I usually don't talk to her much probably because I don't talk excessively to anyone at work^^
So today she told me during the break: " you stare at me as if you were to tear me into pieces" o.O

I wonder if it is a coincidence that another female co-worker never showed up when she was supposed to help me with a certain job just before we all could go home... so I had to do it by myself and it took a while...
Oh, what a shame that I would never be bothered enough to show her my angry looking eyes xD

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Blackkitty posted:

A female co-worker of mine always says that I look at her in a mean/funny way

This girl knows what you're talking about At least you didn't get raped, I suppose that's something

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 3:44AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ thank goodness I have the perfect eyesight...^^"
Oh, but does that mean I am even worse...I don't need any equipment to scare people off xD

And I don't read works with that kind of tag, but the ending seems a bit off ?

@ Anon Zombie onee-chan

Thank you for your advice!

I don't mind switching off my mind and enjoying Milla playing her role, I guess! She was the reason that made it possible for me to digest the first 2 episodes^^
now I must get serious and catch up on all the other parts!

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 11:19AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Rohan

I saw Jeremy Jahns and Chris Stuuckman review and they both liked it. Maybe once it on the show box app i will watch it.

It's a lot better than the average movie nowadays, so I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

@ SF

So M Night Shyamalan is good now? Alright I'll check it out, But can I still call him Fuck-up Lord Shyamalan just for shitz n giggles?

Not sure how long that will last but Split is definitely good. Not perfect, but very good.
And back in the day The Sixth Sense was quite impressive as well. So maybe every few years he'll manage to produce a hit ;)
There's a small connection to Unbreakable at the end of the movie. Now he's planning to make a new movie, bringing the two main characters together. Let's see how that will turn out... Unbreakable wasn't exactly bad either btw...

And as far as I'm concerned, you can call him whatever you want ;)

@ Ishi Tsuki

This girl knows what you're talking about At least you didn't get raped, I suppose that's something

(^∇^)
That was totally me back when I was in college! ^^
There was a time when I spent all night in front of my computer and only slept for 1 to 2 hours before going to school. Every time I was looking at the blackboard I had to squint like an idiot to see anything even remotely clear ( ˆ▿ˆ) One teacher constantly looked at me intimidated, probably thinking that I was glaring at him all the time XD

@ Blackkitty

I don't mind switching off my mind and enjoying Milla playing her role, I guess! She was the reason that made it possible for me to digest the first 2 episodes^^
now I must get serious and catch up on all the other parts!

… and I always thought that you didn't like horror movies... ;)

A female co-worker of mine always says that I look at her in a mean/funny way when I actually couldn't be more indifferent to her. And I usually don't talk to her much probably because I don't talk excessively to anyone at work^^
So today she told me during the break: " you stare at me as if you were to tear me into pieces" o.O

What did you say to her after that? ^^
I hope something to totally freak her out... ;)

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

HI PEOPLEEEEEEE, I'm gonna try and read what's been happening but I've been gone a while cos life! And also I'm hyper did you noticed that I'm hyper good you noticed LOVE you senpai~ I'm not drunk or anything just hyper XD I swear

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ You're not drunk???
Who got you not drunk on a Saturday night...?!? ;)
Shame on them! ^^

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 2:48PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

HI PEOPLEEEEEEE, I'm gonna try and read what's been happening but I've been gone a while cos life! And also I'm hyper did you noticed that I'm hyper good you noticed LOVE you senpai~ I'm not drunk or anything just hyper XD I swear

When are you not hyper? XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.