Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

^ That series looks really promising. Also Utopia's right, I never intended to come off as mean. Just pointing it out is all~

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 4:18PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] wish I could be as aggressive in love as she is

Well...

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

And I didn't mean to give the impression I had taken offense :p

Out of the blue My most relatable yuri girl <3 Just wish I could be as aggressive in love as she is

I love that manga. <3

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

none posted:

[...] wish I could be as aggressive in love as she is

Well...

Damn I just got put to shame by a 3 years old XD

SF posted:

^ That series looks really promising.

Yeah you should read it (everybody should really). It's far from perfect but it's clever, sweet, and funny. I can't think of anything not to love about it

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 4:50PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

SF posted:

^ That series looks really promising.

Yeah you should read it (everybody should really). It's far from perfect but it's clever, sweet, and funny. I can't think of anything not to love about it

Just finished reading it, I love it. It's definitely going into my favorite's. Thank you for recommending.

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 5:20PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Just finished reading it, I love it. It's definitely going into my favorite's. Thank you for recommending.

My pleasure, glad you liked it :)
Where's your avatar from while we're at it? I could read some megane yuri :D

joined Jun 11, 2016

My pleasure, glad you liked it :)
Where's your avatar from while we're at it? I could read some megane yuri :D

Small Riddle Of Devil 5
A cute Otoya x Sheina doujinsji by the Queen of Yuri herself Minakata Sunao!

Edit: Thats right! I just called Minakata Sunao the Queen Of Yuri! Meaning I'm saying she's better then Morinaga Milk, Vivit Grey, Ooshima Tomo, Saburouta, And other Sub-par Yuri Mangaka's. Whatcha gonna do!? >:D

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 5:41PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Eeerm, no. The queen of yuri is Ejima Eri, and she's slowly becoming a goddess, in the same way as Otsu Hiyori, Morishima Akiko and the rest of the yuri goddesses.

Edit : Sabura Ota is everything but a yuri queen/king? or god(dess), Citrus is decent at best ...

Also, thanks for the enlightenment Ishi Tsuki, I knew it came from something I had already read.

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 5:46PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Thanks. I guess it's about time I got around to reading Akuma no Riddle. I've been apprehensive about it for the longest time for some reason

You're welcome Utopia

Edit: Thats right! I just called Minakata Sunao the Queen Of Yuri! Meaning I'm saying she's better then Morinaga Milk, Vivit Grey, Ooshima Tomo, Saburouta, And other Sub-par Yuri Mangaka's. Whatcha gonna do!? >:D

Well I for one am not going to do anything as my favorite lists are slowy starting to ressemble the greek pantheon. There's just too many deities out there. Not that there's ever enough...

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 5:57PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Eeerm, no. The queen of yuri is Ejima Eri, and she's slowly becoming a goddess, in the same way as Otsu Hiyori, Morishima Akiko and the rest of the yuri goddesses.

Edit : Sabura Ota is everything but a yuri queen or goddess, Citrus is decent at best ...

Also, thanks for the enlightenment Ishi Tsuki, I knew it came from something I had already read.

Ah yes, Because a story of a Psycho lolicon & her creepy ass crush on a 9-year old girl is much better then a Dark, Interesting, Well-paced story about a girl on a mission to protect the one she care's about the most from 11 cold-blooded killer's wanting to fulfill their deepest desire's. Cant compare ami rite? :P

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 6:02PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Edit : Sabura Ota is everything but a yuri queen or goddess, Citrus is decent at best ...

Ah yes, Because a story of a Psycho lolicon & her creepy ass crush on a 9-year old girl is much better then a Dark, Interesting, Well-paced story about a girl on a mission to protect the one she care's about the most from 11 cold-blooded killer's wanting to fulfill their deepest desire's. Cant compare ami rite? :P

Yes, a manga that takes its inspiration in the very essence of the concept of lolicon [it does have references to Lolita whence the word Lolicon comes from], that breaks all the cliché usual loli, and on a more global scale most of the yuri tend to have / use, and that has a plot that always takes the best direction no one is expecting is, in my humble opinion better than a hybrid between shonen and yuri with assassins and an obvious romance between the main character and her target. Not mentioning the art because it's purely subjective, but I'm a huge fan of Ejima-sensei's art ! :P

But to each their own, I didn't crictisize AnR. I just consider Ejima Eri more talented, and her main current manga overall better than AnR. And this comes from someone who usually hate and even despise the lolicon genre. Yuzumori-san is a forthcoming fucking classic !

joined Jun 11, 2016

Yes, a manga that takes its inspiration in the very essence of the concept of lolicon [it does have references to Lolita whence the word Lolicon comes from], that breaks all the cliché usual loli, and on a more global scale most of the yuri tend to have / use, and that has a plot that always takes the best direction no one is expecting is, in my humble opinion better than a hybrid between shonen and yuri with assassins and an obvious romance between the main character and her target. Not mentioning the art because it's purely subjective, but I'm a huge fan of Ejima-sensei's art ! :P
But to each their own, I didn't crictisize AnR. I just consider Ejima Eri more talented, and her main current manga overall better than AnR. And this comes from someone who usually hate and even despise the lolicon genre. Yuzumori-san is a forthcoming fucking classic !

I respect your opinion. I wasn't trying to start a flamewar or something. I was just (respectfully) disagreeing with you, Thats all. I actually don't find that manga all that bad, It has some pretty cute moments in there (And I definitely classify it better then Shitrus :P). It's just the art style that I don't really like, Something about it seems off. And that one page with Yuzumori make's her look creepy AF But other then that It's pretty good. Pleasure trading opinions kind sir, Hope to do it again another time :D

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I can't believe this is a real movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6x_AMmXH_Q

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

|•ω•╰)

…..................?
awkward silence in here somehow...........
…..................................................................................
Well... since there's no one home.... time to dance around naked! Hell yeah!!! (˘̩̩̩▽˘̩̩̩)/

~( ´^‿^` )~

do the hustle ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐ ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ ┌(˘⌣˘)ʃƪ(˘⌣˘)┐ ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ ┌(˘⌣˘)ʃƪ(˘⌣˘)┐ ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ ┌(˘⌣˘)ʃ

(ఠ్ఠ ˓̭ ఠ్ఠ)/ Feels so damn good to let those boobs out every once in a while! ᕦ(。◕‿◕。)ᕤ

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Since I'm currently listening to it while grinding away at this video game, might as well share my universal background music for when I grind in video games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edVx1lZSnoI

Ever since I heard this on Persona 3 FES on the PS2, I've sort of always come back to it any time I grind in other video games or do monotonous stuff irl. It works because it's relaxing enough that I can just calmly waste away my time while also being upbeat and catchy enough to not make me fall asleep.

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 8:38AM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

^ Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Here's one of my chill out songs::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRSwjhYmAY4

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Just saw 'The Handmain' movie.

Incredible movie. Far better than any lesbian movie hollywood has to offer. The story was really engaging and acting was superb not only by the actresses but also by mibor casts. The bonding was very natural and believable.

I had to say it's my fav. Lesbian movie of all time. I doubt we will see any better lesbian movie for a long time considering how bad current hollywood ones are.

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Just finished watching Michiko to Hatchin. It has a Cowboy Bebop x Cidade de deus feel to it that is nothing if not enjoyable. Add yuri subtext to the mix and you've got yourself a great, really underrated anime. My only gripe is that I had to keep my yuri goggles on for the ending and there's not a single damn doujin out there T.T

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 6:57PM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Just finished watching Michiko to Hatchin. It has a Cowboy Bebop x Cidade de deus feel to it that is nothing if not enjoyable. Add yuri subtext to the mix and you've got yourself a great, really underrated anime. My only gripe is that I had to keep my yuri goggles on for the ending and there's not a single damn doujin out there T.T

Only thing I remember from that show is the feeling I and other people had that they should do a second season where they look for that deadbeat dad again but instead it's to beat him up this time. He was just as bad as I expected him to be. Also for some reason Michiko didn't seem like she aged at all after that time-skip.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Saburouta
Queen of yuri

We're doooooooooomed.

Also, I might be wrong, but AnR isn't written by Sunao, right? Why give her credit for the story? Her art is nice, though. It's along the clean, crisp, minimalistic shounen aesthetic that I love.

Actually, is the AnR manga any better than the anime? Didn't like all the stupid asspulls from the anime, so I've never considered picking up the manga.

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 7:18PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Saburouta
Queen of yuri

We're doooooooooomed.

Also, I might be wrong, but AnR isn't written by Sunao, right? Why give her credit for the story? Her art is nice, though. It's along the clean, crisp, minimalistic shounen aesthetic that I love.

Actually, is the AnR manga any better than the anime? Didn't like all the stupid asspulls from the anime, so I've never considered picking up the manga.

The Manga has a Yuri ending unlike the anime, So I consider the manga better.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Anybody here watched 'Lily Fever' web series?

There are only 8 subbed episodes so far. But they are hilarious af.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Expectiations.. so my friend's called me after not talking to each other for 1,5 months at 11 o'clock at night laughing hysterically and asking me to watch a "horrible movie by (her) favourite director" with her the following day.

Is it fair that I feel disappointed that it didn't turn out to be the devil's spawn itself? It was just mildly okay-ish, generic at best. At the very least I expected to snark a bit at its cost, but it didn't really bring anything cringe worthy to the table. The movie I'm tlaking about is The Great Wall.

Well, that wasn't a very good reintroduction to cinema after 5 years. Good thing the next film I plan on seeing holds more promi- remembers it's GITS the Movie oh well, maybe this one won't fail to provide some topics for discussions, be it negative or positive.

Anyway, how's everyone doing?

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

I wouldn't hold to much hope for GITS, but I'll definitely be ready to bash it as yet another let's take a masterpiece, turn it into crap and watch the money flow

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 8:51AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

I wouldn't hold to much hope for GITS, but I'll be ready to bash it as yet another shitty let's take a masterpiece, turn it into crap and watch the money flow

I am trying to be positive. I really am trying to be positive about it. Even with Arise my expectations have lowered a bit. But in all honesty, I'm not really sure I can convince myself it won't be a total and uber flop due to the producers not understanding what made the franchise to begin with.

Bright side, it's an actual live action movie based on manga/anime.

And trust me, I'll be the first one to walk the streets with pitchforks and torches if it turns out to be horrible.

To reply you must either login or sign up.