Forum › New Independent Yuri Magazine Galette

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

(Too lazy to write a new post, so I'm just going to repeat what we said on our blog)

So it seems that a number of yuri artists, including Takemiya Jin, Amano Shuninta and Momono Moto, came together to make their own independent yuri magazine, Galette. It will be sold through a number of channels (including the Kindle store), but it’s also being funded through Enty, a Japanese site that basically functions like Patreon—i.e. different monthly payments with various rewards, including free digital and print copies of Galette. This means that you—yes, you!—can now support the publication of a new yuri magazine.

To assist you in this endeavour, we’ve translated all the relevant portions of the website. If you do decide to become a supporter, the actual payment process is in English. I don’t know how they handle international shipments for the physical goods, though (there’s a good chance they do not), so if you want to sign up for one of the higher reward tiers we may need to make enquiries.

As for the content, all we know so far is that will be gay comics, photos and other media. We have a complete list of the participating artists and details of the reward tiers below:

(Translated from Galette Enty page)

Galette – Yuri Comic Magazine – is Creating Yuri Manga

Galette is a self-published yuri comic magazine that brings together yuri from various media, including manga, illustrations, pictures, and music. The contents are gathered and published four times a year at the Kanto COMITIA convention.

“I want to draw love between girls with an emphasis on story!” “I want to regularly send out some high-class yuri!” Artists who felt this way came together and designed the yuri comic magazine Galette.

We’re gathering all of those who want to support our efforts to make this a stable quarterly publication! The proceeds from Enty will be used to cover operating costs and given to the artists.

For those who register at the Gold Level and above, every issue of Galette will be sent to your home for free.

*Unfortunately we can only mail them, and so you are unable to pick them up at the event directly. Thank you for your understanding.

For those considering registering at the Autograph Level:

*Please review the following lists first

For those who want the autograph of someone not on the “requests possible list,” we recommend getting in touch with the management prior to registering (optional). It’s possible that some artists may be unable to accept cards, etc., to be signed.

To avoid any trouble, the Galette staff will negotiate with the artists. (Please refrain from negotiating with the artists directly).

*Once negotiations are complete, you cannot change the artist whose autograph you want.

Each list can be updated at any time. *Honorifics omitted (last updated 1/12/2016)

[Requests possible list *Can draw stuff]

Asube Yui / Hamano Ringo / Yatosaki Haru / Furiko Yotsuhara / Yorita Miyuki / Amano Shuninta / Sugata Uri / Uno Jinia / Kazuka

[Negotiations possible list *Negotiations may or may not be successful]

Ootomo Megane / pen

[Expired list]

Takemiya Jin

[Requests not possible list]

Izumi Kitta / Momono Moto / Haru

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. To contact the Galette management, please use either the Enty messaging system or the contact form on our official website.

PLANNING AND PRODUCTION: GALETTE WORKS

Galette First Issue

Publication planned for COMITIA 119, February 12, 2017 (Sunday)

Participating Artists

COVER
Pen

MANGA
Asube Yui
Amano Shuninta
Ootomo Megane
Uno Jinia
Izumi Kitta + Momono Moto
Sugata Uri
Takemiya Jin
Hakamada Mera
Hamano Ringo
Yatosaki Haru
Furiko Yotsuhara
Yorita Miyuki

PHOTO
Takahashi Minori

ILLUSTRATION
Kazuka

Haru

COLLABORATING ON BINDING AND DESIGN
Blankie Itou
Mizu Ako

Payment and Reward Tiers

Payment Methods

Credit cards
Bank transfers
Rakuten Edy payment
Prepaid debit card (V-preca, etc.)
You can support for just one month!

¥100/month

No limits (3 people supporting)
Petit level
– If desired, name included in this issue (S)
– Automatic application for reader presents
– Access to progress reports

¥500/month

No limits (37 people supporting)
Normal level
– If desired, name included in this issue (M)
– Copy of Galette PDF version

¥1000/month

No limits (38 people supporting)
Gold level
– If desired, name included in this issue (L)
– For those who have been supporting the magazine for at least 2 months at the time of publication, free home delivery of the magazine

¥2000/month

No limits (63 people supporting)
Premium level
– If desired, name included in this issue (XL)
– For those who have been supporting the magazine for at least 2 months at the time of publication, delivery of reader presents at time of magazine publication
– Entry into a raffle for a booklet autographed by some of the writers (random, multiple)
– Free home delivery of the magazine

¥10,000/month

2 spaces left (8 people supporting)
Autograph level
– If desired, name included in this issue (XL)
– Delivery of reader presents at time of magazine publication
– Entry into a raffle for a booklet autographed by some of the writers (random, multiple)
– Free home delivery of the magazine
– For those who have been supporting for six months, we can negotiate an autographed shikishi [a hand-drawn card] from one artist of your choice. *You desired artist may not be accepting requests, so please confirm before registering for this level

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014
Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

When they say Izumi Kitta, do they mean that Izumi Kitta? The seiyuu of Tomoko (Watamote)? Is she into yuri?

This magazine sounds really interesting!

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

When they say Izumi Kitta, do they mean that Izumi Kitta? The seiyuu of Tomoko (Watamote)? Is she into yuri?

I was going to say "no," but it turns out the answer is "yes." Also, she really likes gyoza.

Edit: If you type in 橘田いずみ (Izumi Kitta) in Google, the first suggestion is 橘田いずみ 百合 (yuri) (followed by Izumi Kitta race queen, Izumi Kitta gyoza, and Izumi Kitta height).

last edited at Jan 2, 2017 12:18PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Thanks for translating it, such good news for the yuri world so many great yuri authors chose to work together ! I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I was going to say "no," but it turns out the answer is "yes."

Ahaha that's amazing. She's like an ascended yuri fangirl who gets to collaborate with one of her favorite yuri authors. I wonder if theirs will be a traditional schoolgirl story or if it will be something different.

I'm glad there's a variety of options to buy it physically or digitally. I think the order process on Amazon JP can be done entirely in English, for people who would like to support the artists but feel uneasy about ordering from a website in Japanese.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

The artist line-up its quite the sight, really looking forward to it. It definitely looks like 2017 is the year of yuri.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

mmm.... not an artist list i particularly care for =/

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Samples are up.
http://galetteweb.com/sample/sam/01-thumbs-gallery.html

aa, exciting!

@flips Really? Weird. This seems like a 10/10 list of authors. Can't imagine it getting much better without Ohsawa Yayoi or Morishima Akiko etc

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 11:40AM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

@flips Really? Weird. This seems like a 10/10 list of authors. Can't imagine it getting much better without Ohsawa Yayoi or Morishima Akiko etc

Yeah I feel it doesn't get much better than that except for insert-that-author-you-love-and-want-to-see-more-of-here. Quite a few newcomers to yuri though, is it safe to assume they've been handpicked? Or they just wanted to participate in the project? Anyway, looking forward to it

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 12:30PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Samples are up.

aa, exciting!

I don't see these as "10/10". tbh, pretty average. Don't hate em, just don't really like nor care about their stuff enough to bother reading/desire more.

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 1:32PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Well I for one am excited for this. Could have used some Morinaga, but I'm happy with what we got!

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Just Yotsuhara Furiko make it 10/10 for me

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Takemiya Jin's in it, that's all I need to know.

joined Jan 14, 2017

Samples are up.

Was Morishima Akiko not in the list? Or did they change they're name?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I know it's super late but thanks for the news and so on, Cyfer! You're my hero.

So hype. Hope it garners some success.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I know it's super late but thanks for the news and so on, Cyfer! You're my hero.

So hype. Hope it garners some success.

No later than my reply, and you're welcome!

I'll note that for anyone that wants a physical copy, you'll probably have to order through Amazon—they're not doing international shipments.

I mean, if you were at the Autograph level they'd probably find a way, but...

joined Jun 12, 2015

If you're a normal or higher level patron for Galette, the PDF copy of the first volume is out now. There's a time limit on the download (until 2/18 in Japan).

Also info about next volume is up.
http://galetteweb.com/archives/294

Morinaga Milk and Otsu Hiyori will start new series in Galette.

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 2:11AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Yesss

I've missed Otsu Hiyori's yuri stories so much. And it will be interesting to see what Morinaga does when drawing for an independent yuri magazine.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Yesss

I've missed Otsu Hiyori's yuri stories so much. And it will be interesting to see what Morinaga does when drawing for an independent yuri magazine.

Yes! Yes!! YES!!! I'm so happy right now!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Digital version of Galette is also available on US amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/galette-Japanese-kittaizumi-ebook/dp/B01N4UL058

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

OTSU HIYORI

aaaa

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Gonna join Otsu Hiyori hype. It's been ages!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I'm hyped for Otsu Hiyori as well ♥

To reply you must either login or sign up.