Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

But I have a feeling Sungji will be revealed to be a genius mastermind who was planning all of this to get Sumin. I mean, she is too plain so far to be a protagonist so they need to add something more to her until the end.

After seeing the Sungji in the latest chapter, this isn't so difficult to imagine. It's not impossible.

Heard that it's written as "Our Sungji" not "My Sungji".

If you're right about it, to whom does this "our" refer to?

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

So being in love is an excuse to forget everything and not even demand an explanation, right. Or not being able to get a hold of her urges?

Love sometimes blind people, or make them think irrationally. It's easier to say that this is the right decision to make regarding a person, if you're not that person. This why when we're in love, we wanna tell someone about it and talk to someone, because normally they give you insight on what's right and wrong. and this is Sungji's first time. There's no rules, there's no time limit on when she wants to forgive or forget, she just wants Sumin.
Like, I can easily say and think that Sungji shouldnt have gone back together with Sumin. And that's the better decision to make. However, it becomes more difficult if it's the person who's in love. It's not that Sungji has forgotten, it's probably cause she's overcome or overwhelmed by Sumin's presence. Sumin was avoiding her as well, then went on a trip.
As for holding back her urges, well, Sumin's in her place, and have proposed to get back together with her again. before this, Sumin has always been, "you're better off without me" -- it's a different angle now, it's something she's never heard before. And this is exactly what Sungji wanted to hear from the start. The acknowledgement, the acceptance that Sumin loves her, wants her and needs her.

And well, Sungji prefers this, she prefers to accept it, is it right? who can say what's right, if a person thinks infidelity is unforgivable.. then well, it wont work out.. but that's the thing about love again. it doesnt make you think straight. In fact, love will make you think that you can bend the rules just to have it happen, we make excuses so justify why we can be with the person we love. I've been there, unfortunately. had made a lot of bad decisions, but well, life goes on.

But what I disagree on, is that this is a good development to give for someone who has been cheated on. Realistically, if someone is really in love and gets cheated, it is way harder to touch that person again so easily. But yeah this is a fiction, so this is asking too much.

Realistically, it's still quite unpredictable. I personally know someone who got back together with her boyfriend after the guy cheated on her. It wasnt easy, but she was convinced. Despite all our advice! real life drama can be even more nasty than some fiction. haha. anyway, for that friend, it didnt work out, because the cheating incident was hanging over their head. (also, hello BEYONCE)
my aunt on the other hand, completely kicked my uncle out, no looking back. so, really we cant say what's really the "correct way" of how a person albeit a fictional one.. would react. In terms of development, i honestly dont want to have 20 chapters of them just pining for each other, but that's just personal preference.

i suppose, what im trying to say in the end is, having criticisms is on the story is all well and good, however, there's really no right way on doing it. and we cant say or predict that certain things SHOULD happen this way. or that.

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 9:50AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

It's referring to everyone who knows Sungji I'd say. Perhaps, based on the context, "my" is a more accurate translation. But I really don't see how "our" can be replaced by "my" just because there was noone else there besides them. The author should have used a korean word which actually meant "my" instead since it's not like Korean doesn't have one.

joined Oct 9, 2016

It's referring to everyone who knows Sungji I'd say. Perhaps, based on the context, "my" is a more accurate translation. But I really don't see how "our" can be replaced by "my" just because there was noone else there besides them. The author should have used a korean word which actually meant "my" instead since it's not like Korean doesn't have one.

No, in Korean languague, they usually use the word "our" as in "my" in a very endearing way :), the exact word in Korean is "woori". When you address sth or so who is special or endearing or close to you, you use "woori", woori jib = my house(our house), woori namboen = my husband(our husband), that's how Koreans address endearing things or people to them, this word doesn't use for strangers or normal friends. So in that context, Sumin is calling Sungji very endearingly, that's all, simply emphasize how Sumin sees Sungji at the moment :)

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 11:06AM

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

I dont understand why people are complaining about how the author should write this way, or the author should write that, or explore this, or whatever. I personally think it's a well-written story, and I dont think Sungji or any other character fell flat at all. In fact, this is heaps better than MOST yuri manga's I've read. Really. And if you're wondering why and how Sungji forgave Sumin so quickly. well, to be honest, we still dont know that yet. we dont know if they'll get back together. Or they could, but Sungji could forever be haunted by Sumin's cheating, and the relationship wont work out.
The point is, is the NOW, the now is that Sungji is still very much in love with Sumin, and she's experienced how painful it is without Sumin. How, she missed Sumin, and how delirious she is without Sumin. And now that Sumin's back, willing, and asking her to taken Sumin back, it's not that hard of a decision. there's no FLAW or whatever else you might think. She's in love. and it should follow any rule, or reason, and she acted on it. And it's easy to give in, because she knows Sumin likes her as well. We've all been there when we're in love. even if the other person pissed you off, or did something douchy, you cant help but just give in.
In the end, all i want to say is that, i think the story's well-written, and I cannot wait for it to unfold, because I'm liking it so far.

I am agree with you, for me this story is one of the most interesting.. I was tired about the same plots in yuri stories... For that I think Team Gaji do a good work with this one (the drawing, the characters, the plot, the stages), but I suppose that a lot of people wait more about this sotry for the same reason, because they know that this is a different sotry and they cannot forget any "mistake" in the chapters.

As you said when someone is still in love can forgive the mistaken of the couple, since the beginning in this arc Sunji tried to fix the problem with Sumin but was this last character who said her that she deserves someone else, for that I think Sunji broke up the relation (although she did not want it). Now that Sumin came back with another attitude (with the wish of another oportunity in the relation), Sungji did not resist (for the moment)

joined Oct 9, 2016

Oh, btw, when you read 2 chaps in Korean, no way they haven't made up their relationship yet :). In Sumin's eyes at this moment, there's only Sungji and just Sungji :), while Sungji seems to be worshiping Sumin, like she's a God or sth, quite give me goosebumps, even Seju isn't like that to Sumin even though Seju loves Sumin to death, literally :), it would be totally weird that if they are back to break up term after this, as for the cheating haunting Sungji, we don't know yet but if it does then jealous and insecure Sungji towards Seju or Sumin when they're at the same place is a quite bad development for a protagonist :), usually that's the antagonist's role, jealousy or petty acts. this particular chap gives me quite an unsettling feelings :), like there might have problems somewhere, in Sumin and in Sungji but let's just wait for a few more chaps :)

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

No, in Korean languague, they usually use the word "our" as in "my" in a very endearing way :), the exact word in Korean is "woori". When you address sth or so who is special or endearing or close to you, you use "woori", woori jib = my house(our house), woori namboen = my husband(our husband), that's how Koreans address endearing things or people to them, this word doesn't use for strangers or normal friends. So in that context, Sumin is calling Sungji very endearingly, that's all, simply emphasize how Sumin sees Sungji at the moment :)

I see, thank you. Oh my, "our husband". O_O

Now that Sumin came back with another attitude (with the wish of another oportunity in the relation), Sungji did not resist (for the moment)

It's not "now", Sumin did ask for a second chance like 10 chapters ago. It's Sungji who suddenly changed now.

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

Now that Sumin came back with another attitude (with the wish of another oportunity in the relation), Sungji did not resist (for the moment)

It's not "now", Sumin did ask for a second chance like 10 chapters ago. It's Sungji who suddenly changed now.

The only chapter (59) when Sumint tried to talk with Sungji was when they were in the bus and she decided to be honest when Sungji was sleeping, when they arrived to home Sumin said to Sungji that she had to take all the decition about the relation. Later Sungji broke up with her in the chapter 63 because she was confused and she felt that she could not do anything for that relation

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

The only chapter (59) when Sumint tried to talk with Sungji was when they were in the bus and she decided to be honest when Sungji was sleeping, when they arrived to home Sumin said to Sungji that she had to take all the decition about the relation. Later Sungji broke up with her in the chapter 63 because she was confused and she felt that she could not do anything for that relation

iirc, Sumin's words weren't that irresponsible. She said she would follow whatever decision Sungji made. But if Sungji would give her another chance, she would be always by Sungji's side, and experience things Sungji had been through. I find these words of hers more convincing than what she said to Sungji in the recent chapters.

Youtubewatermarksmall
joined Mar 24, 2015

I dont understand why people are complaining about how the author should write this way, or the author should write that, or explore this, or whatever. I personally think it's a well-written story, and I dont think Sungji or any other character fell flat at all. In fact, this is heaps better than MOST yuri manga's I've read. Really. [...]
In the end, all i want to say is that, i think the story's well-written, and I cannot wait for it to unfold, because I'm liking it so far.

Well, I realize I might be off in thinking this manga is not written well (although a very strong argument could be made). I am relying on the experience I have in critiquing English, American (and a little French) literature. The criteria by which the merits of works by people such as Kazuo Ishiguro, Toni Morrison, F. S.Fitzgerald, Plath, or Steinbeck might not accurately map to Korean comics in some people's opinions since they are of a different medium.

However, I think that all literature shares the reasons for creation... to tell a story, represent a culture (or tradition) or convey an emotion. I also think it is fair to judge comics by their impact, originality, resonance, degree to which they mark social class or culture, etc...

Anyway, I wanted to bring something kinda new to the table (lol maybe it's not, I haven't read all 200 pages of this thing). As MacySan said, "this is getting repetitive".
So instead of focusing on just the plot, it would be interesting to hear what other people think about this manhwa as a piece of literature, particularly as a work that is culturally significant to a group that has been underrepresented in American, English (and probably Korean) literature to-date.

last edited at Jan 21, 2017 1:01AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I dont understand why people are complaining about how the author should write this way, or the author should write that, or explore this, or whatever. I personally think it's a well-written story, and I dont think Sungji or any other character fell flat at all. In fact, this is heaps better than MOST yuri manga's I've read. Really. And if you're wondering why and how Sungji forgave Sumin so quickly. well, to be honest, we still dont know that yet. we dont know if they'll get back together. Or they could, but Sungji could forever be haunted by Sumin's cheating, and the relationship wont work out.
The point is, is the NOW, the now is that Sungji is still very much in love with Sumin, and she's experienced how painful it is without Sumin. How, she missed Sumin, and how delirious she is without Sumin. And now that Sumin's back, willing, and asking her to taken Sumin back, it's not that hard of a decision. there's no FLAW or whatever else you might think. She's in love. and it should follow any rule, or reason, and she acted on it. And it's easy to give in, because she knows Sumin likes her as well. We've all been there when we're in love. even if the other person pissed you off, or did something douchy, you cant help but just give in.

WDTFS is a product. so, like or not, readers will review every chapter. if there are people who agrees. then, there will be people who will also disagree.

I don't know, how can this be the most compelling manhwa ever to you. but to me, this manhwa, has mediocre storytelling. I really have a problem with the main couple. especially with Sungji. because instead of making the readers, see the story in her point of view. we have to read between the lines of her every action. she's the freaking protagonist and we still haven't figure her out yet. even though, we're already in chapter 70.

there's a lot of inconsistency on every characters actions that you could make a list out of it. well, this manhwa's main appeal is the NSFW scenes and not the story. it's evident with the way, most of the readers react to every "fap chapter" I'm not nitpicking, I just can't help it but question, the characters behavior/actions cause imo, the flow of the story is just really sh*t right now. but I think i'll still buy the paper/digital WDTFS. I'll just wait till this manhwa ends.

last edited at Jan 21, 2017 3:54AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I will agree that wdtfs is better than the average Yuri. A good portion of these mangas can be boring af.
Problem with the Japanese Yuri and characters in general maybe, is that they build the characters around certain types and stereotypes. Like the yandere who falls in love with the average Joe, or the very shy character that the most popular girl-guy of the school falls for them for some reason.
Also there are a lot of stories, probably most of them, about school kids.

Manhwas and wdtfs on the other hand show more mature characters, and more importantly more realistic characters.
If this was a manga, Seju would be the crazy yandere, Sungji a cute moe and Sumin a harem main character.
But their characters are like real people and not cartoonish. Even though I've been talking about the negatives mostly, this was pretty good so far. After the end of second arc it has started being not that good, for the reasons people have been mentioning. And my main problem is the main couple.

Sure some people only care about pretty art and Yuri scenes, but this manhwa had shown more than just that. It had shown before that they also care about character development. But it seems they have forgotten that since the beginning of third arc.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Based on this "love is blind" kind of logic, wdtfs is a good writing indeed; there's no longer any inconsistency on every character actions because we take it as that the character behaves abnormally due to the fact that they are so in love.

joined Jan 20, 2017

What if the author throws a curveball and Sumin is actually the one, who's gonna die.

I thought so too. Because the doctor in one of previous chapters said so. Sumin will die young, if she can't maintance her health. But, if sumin died, Seju will also die too (because Sumin is her anchor). It's like Romeo and Juliet. Tragic ending... I hope Sumin is okay, and hope she will happy with either Sungji or Seju, I don't mind. Hehehehe

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

But, if sumin died, Seju will also die too (because Sumin is her anchor). It's like Romeo and Juliet. Tragic ending...

Sounds interesting. Sungji should too.

joined Aug 29, 2015

I respect that some readers think WDTFS is realistic to them. but imo, how can this manhwa be realistic, when almost all characters/events are not even believable.

MacySan
imo, stereotyping characters is important in a story, because it provides familiarity to the readers.(which makes them relatable) it also spares the author from providing descriptions/introduction. especially, on minor characters. besides, some of the best characters started out as cliche/stereotype but turns out to be a unique character as we know him/her better. stereotype are like templates that you can just add different layers and depths into it. the author can also use it as an advantage. since we are familiar with certain stereotypes. it is much easier for the author to throw a twist and break our expectation.

sia ue
I'm surprised, they didn't use "love at first sight" to justify, why Sungji fell in love with Sumin LOL

the main obstacle of their relationship is Seju. but the author made it so easy for them to overcame it. so, now. WDTFS is left with a big gaping plothole, on where does Seju fit into the story. the author cannot just break Sumin and Sungji again. especially, after he established that they're back together. unless he go against the flow of story/logic and contradict whatever happened before xD (which seems to reoccur since the second arc)

imo, the main couple's story is complete now. since, there's no one to stop them from being together. Sumin can already move on with Sungji, without even resolving her issue with Seju. see, what a great story about healing xD Sumin's past with Seju is just a misplaced plot in the story that has minimal effect on the main couple. so, just ignore it and let the main couple have their NSFW scenes peacefully. (btw, they love each other so much that Sumin contradicts her earlier confession of still having feelings for Seju LMAO!!!)

last edited at Jan 22, 2017 8:07PM

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

WDTFS is a product. so, like or not, readers will review every chapter. if there are people who agrees. then, there will be people who will also disagree.

I don't know, how can this be the most compelling manhwa ever to you. but to me, this manhwa, has mediocre storytelling. I really have a problem with the main couple. especially with Sungji. because instead of making the readers, see the story in her point of view. we have to read between the lines of her every action. she's the freaking protagonist and we still haven't figure her out yet. even though, we're already in chapter 70.

there's a lot of inconsistency on every characters actions that you could make a list out of it. well, this manhwa's main appeal is the NSFW scenes and not the story. it's evident with the way, most of the readers react to every "fap chapter" I'm not nitpicking, I just can't help it but question, the characters behavior/actions cause imo, the flow of the story is just really sh*t right now. but I think i'll still buy the paper/digital WDTFS. I'll just wait till this manhwa ends.

yes, i agree, it is something that people will review, and have strong opinions on. because it is compelling enough. Not the best, but more so than most, for sure.
but then again, it's all about opinion and i suppose expectations. I never expected this to be a manga with a really deep story. Having said that, I will commend the author for writing up that intense Seju backstory. It really helped us understand all the hate that Sumin has been throwing at her, and all the things Seju is willing to endure just to get Sumin back. She's not only feeling guilty about cheating, she's also feeling guilty about what that Asshole brother of hers did. (Imagine being kidnapped, tortured and possibly raped! And that's just after your parents died and you broke up with your girlfriend.). And I suppose, Sumin is blaming her for it as well.
Again it's my opinion. i suppose the only thing i disagree on is how people are always saying that the author shouldve written this way or that. or this is how the author should write it. or this is how the character should've reacted to this particular scenario. people are not boxed up like that.

and i have not really seen a work of fiction that's always consistent. because people are inconsistent. we're whishy-washy and cant make up our minds.
i like the fact that in this manga, even if it is perfectly drawn, the characters are not perfect. They're flawed beyond measure, and that's really interesting.

also, being blinded by love is not a "catch all" explanation to every situation. it's just one possible reason why sungji forgave so quickly. again, im saying this, it could be temporary. she could be woken up from her horny self and change her mind. who knows. i dont know. noone knows but the author.

joined Oct 9, 2016

yes, i agree, it is something that people will review, and have strong opinions on. because it is compelling enough. Not the best, but more so than most, for sure.
but then again, it's all about opinion and i suppose expectations. I never expected this to be a manga with a really deep story. Having said that, I will commend the author for writing up that intense Seju backstory. It really helped us understand all the hate that Sumin has been throwing at her, and all the things Seju is willing to endure just to get Sumin back. She's not only feeling guilty about cheating, she's also feeling guilty about what that Asshole brother of hers did. (Imagine being kidnapped, tortured and possibly raped! And that's just after your parents died and you broke up with your girlfriend.). And I suppose, Sumin is blaming her for it as well.
Again it's my opinion. i suppose the only thing i disagree on is how people are always saying that the author shouldve written this way or that. or this is how the author should write it. or this is how the character should've reacted to this particular scenario. people are not boxed up like that.

and i have not really seen a work of fiction that's always consistent. because people are inconsistent. we're whishy-washy and cant make up our minds.
i like the fact that in this manga, even if it is perfectly drawn, the characters are not perfect. They're flawed beyond measure, and that's really interesting.

also, being blinded by love is not a "catch all" explanation to every situation. it's just one possible reason why sungji forgave so quickly. again, im saying this, it could be temporary. she could be woken up from her horny self and change her mind. who knows. i dont know. noone knows but the author.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, wdtfs is a manhwa and this is a discussion thread, you can't expect people to agree all with you. You don't understand their pov just as I don't understand your pov at all. You said this a consistent story but to you " im saying this, it could be temporary. she could be woken up from her horny self and change her mind" and that's what consistence and good interesting plot means to you? Especially it came from a main protagonist? Every comic product has its flaws, just as human does, so I think it's totally normal for people to criticize it, especially when that comic really goes down hill with all the sex scenes and inconsistent actions instead of words and tbh, wdtfs has too many flaws that we have overlooked and kept reading. From the end of arc 2 till right now, I'm honestly thinking wdtfs is quite a cheap comic with too much sex, sex was used in every moment, to make up without words, to trick other person into your trap, basically it's the solution of everything, so how can I say it's a good manhwa when every single emotional moment, it could go straight to...sex, like in some emotional moment, I expect to feel moved, but I got a bunch of steamy scenes, how the heck does that convince me, a reader, to feel empathized with the main character? Isn't that what fiction does? To make people feel they understand the character, to empathize them, to find themselves in them? I don't consider this a good manhwa anymore judging from what's happening but I keep reading because I still hope it could improve. It did well at the beginning, the sex was acceptable and the story was good but now? I'm not sure but I'm quite sure, wdtfs is not that good to be one of the most interesting manhwa. It definitely one of the most well-drawn manhwa I've read, not the most interesting, the drawing is amazing XD.

last edited at Jan 24, 2017 11:52PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If Team Gaji couldn't come up with a better way to develop Sumin and Sungji, why didn't they just show how bad women all of those Sumin's exes were? The story about her having failed to move on for 10 years is greatly exaggerated. Healing wtf. Her wound isn't even real.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

If Team Gaji couldn't come up with a better way to develop Sumin and Sungji, why didn't they just show how bad women all of those Sumin's exes were? The story about her having failed to move on for 10 years is greatly exaggerated. Healing wtf. Her wound isn't even real.

why do they have to write out the insignificant exes? they only have like a couple of panels a release! lol.
and not moving on is Sumin and Seju's fault, for always being together, by having this weird friends with benefits relationship when there's actual feelings involved. If they like separated as soon as they broke up, probably they'd move on.
as for sumin and sungji, what do you mean better way to develop?

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, wdtfs is a manhwa and this is a discussion thread, you can't expect people to agree all with you. You don't understand their pov just as I don't understand your pov at all. You said this a consistent story but to you " im saying this, it could be temporary. she could be woken up from her horny self and change her mind" and that's what consistence and good interesting plot means to you? Especially it came from a main protagonist? Every comic product has its flaws, just as human does, so I think it's totally normal for people to criticize it, especially when that comic really goes down hill with all the sex scenes and inconsistent actions instead of words and tbh, wdtfs has too many flaws that we have overlooked and kept reading. From the end of arc 2 till right now, I'm honestly thinking wdtfs is quite a cheap comic with too much sex, sex was used in every moment, to make up without words, to trick other person into your trap, basically it's the solution of everything, so how can I say it's a good manhwa when every single emotional moment, it could go straight to...sex, like in some emotional moment, I expect to feel moved, but I got a bunch of steamy scenes, how the heck does that convince me, a reader, to feel empathized with the main character? Isn't that what fiction does? To make people feel they understand the character, to empathize them, to find themselves in them? I don't consider this a good manhwa anymore judging from what's happening but I keep reading because I still hope it could improve. It did well at the beginning, the sex was acceptable and the story was good but now? I'm not sure but I'm quite sure, wdtfs is not that good to be one of the most interesting manhwa. It definitely one of the most well-drawn manhwa I've read, not the most interesting, the drawing is amazing XD.

For sure, I didnt expect people to agree with me, in fact most of the response was kind of sarcastic. which is fine, cause people have different opinions, and different reactions to certain fictional stories.
I think it is good for what it is. I'm not really expecting a long intricate plot like asian dramas or Murakami novels. and you dont have to agree with that, and that's totally fine. :) if you think it's inconsistent, or you cant relate to the character, they're too unbelievable, . i mean, all the girls in this comic fall in love with sumin. lol. i would agree with you on some parts. the other parts, im just probably trying to explain why in my opinion the characters behave a certain way. that's also just my speculation. i dont know for sure that this is what the author wants to say.

yes, i agree, good fiction does make you emphatize with the protagonist, and if you feel like you dont anymore, that's also fine. haha. there's really nothing wrong with liking or hating certain characters. if they're too out of touch with reality, or you just dont care anymore, then well, --- that's how i stop watching series, when i dont care anymore really.
as for the sex part, yeah, i suppose 2 full chapters is a bit excessive. but i suppose it's a kind of fan service for people who got lured in by the sex scenes in the beginning.

joined Oct 9, 2016

why do they have to write out the insignificant exes? they only have like a couple of panels a release! lol.
and not moving on is Sumin and Seju's fault, for always being together, by having this weird friends with benefits relationship when there's actual feelings involved. If they like separated as soon as they broke up, probably they'd move on.

You don't understand her point. Sungji hasn't stood out as the special one who is better than all of her exes, maybe showing how bad they were could help.
Yes, not moving on is their fault but 10 years? And then, bam, just a not so special girl, who has nothing too special compare to all her exes but Sumin has jumped to forget completely about Seju. If this is all what Sumin needs to forget about Seju and stop stringing her along then 10 years is effing exaggarated, I can't believe in 10 years long, there were nooooooo one better than Sungji coming into Sumin's life, a girl like Sungji is like a dim a dozen. I totally agree with her about this.
About better development, how about Sungji stop acting like a horny teenager that's head over heels some girl? Lbr, 2 most recent chapters, there could be thoundsands of ways to make these 2 chaps better.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

You don't understand her point. Sungji hasn't stood out as the special one who is better than all of her exes, maybe showing how bad they were could help.
Yes, not moving on is their fault but 10 years? And then, bam, just a not so special girl, who has nothing too special compare to all her exes but Sumin has jumped to forget completely about Seju. If this is all what Sumin needs to forget about Seju and stop stringing her along then 10 years is effing exaggarated, I can't believe in 10 years long, there were nooooooo one better than Sungji coming into Sumin's life, a girl like Sungji is like a dim a dozen. I totally agree with her about this.
About better development, how about Sungji stop acting like a horny teenager that's head over heels some girl? Lbr, 2 most recent chapters, there could be thoundsands of ways to make these 2 chaps better.

Didnt the story start out with a Sumin being SINGLE? (let's not count what she has with Seju at this point as a monogamous relationship). So if she's single, and she was already sort of curious and interested in Sungji. and then luckily Sungji confessed, so it paved a way for them to date. How can we compare with the Exes when they're not in the equation. For whatever reason, they are EXes. So there are multitudes of reasons as to why they have broken up.
As for Sumin choosing to end things with Seju, yes Sungji is a factor for sure, but didnt the nudge from Nami help as well? Made her realise that what she had with Seju was toxic? I mean, even when Sungji broke up with her, she didnt run back to Seju's arms. She realised that it really cant go back to before. And may be there was a better "ex" before, but as Sumin said, their relationship was holding her back from diving into any of her past GFs. So we cant say if she missed an opportunity with a diamond girl. However, the now, is that she has feelings for Sungji. She didnt choose from like 5 girls a one point. It's just that Sungji is her GF now.
As well, Sungji could really be a dime a dozen, for sure, there's nothing special about her, she's a low level office worker, never fallen in love, but may be that's her charm as well?
That she's the girl next door, who dives into falling in love head on, without looking back. May be that's what Sumin has seen. and may be in a way it reflects how she was, when she was younger and was totally in love with Seju. They even show some parallels. And it doesnt take a lot of effort for Sumin as well, every little thing she does, makes Sungji happy. And may be, just may be, the happiness grew in her as well. So in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with being average, or normal.
For the 10 years of dragging the relationship.. well... i suppose it's a plot device to show how twisted the relationship is.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

The only thing consistent about this manhwa is the art.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Another way is a better way I'd say. This main couple's love story is nothing other than porns now. Their sex moments happened all over the place. There were supposed to be serious communications between them; Sungji was supposed to call for an explanation to rebuild the trust if what she really needed was an assurance, and she should have asked about Sumin's pasts if what she really wanted was to have a long-term relationship with Sumin, yet she preferred to see how Sumin would look during sex more. What a lovely-dovey relationship they're having there! Why was she not afraid of getting cheated on again? Really, did the author have to make their make-up story this ridiculous? Like they were lucky because suddenly, Sungji was horny, and in a rush to learn how to be a top, otherwise, they couldn't have made up yet, could they? How unpredictable! Being blinded by love doesn't necessarily mean that you can no longer control your sexual desire. Again, is it even realistic for a person to feel like having sex with their cheating partner that easily?

It took Sumin 10 years just to realize that a toxic relationship is toxic. And Sungji is the one for Sumin because she just happens to be the girl Sumin is seeing at the moment. Also, it doesn't take much effort for Sumin to completely forget about Seju whom she, at the end of the second arc, said that she had to cut tie with because she was still in love with her to the point where she was afraid that she couldn't love Sungji earnestly and she might end up coming back to her once again. It was clearly shown that Sumin couldn't even trust herself, or think of Sungji as someone more special than her exes, why suddenly now, she can move on with Sungji. Since when was Sumin this confident to live without Seju? How can this be a good writing? I'm sorry if I sound sarcastic. I'm just so disappointed with the whole third arc.

The only thing consistent about this manhwa is the art.

Neither the art; Sumin's size suddenly changed. lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.