Wheres 1-6?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Such pleasant surprise!!!!

joined Jul 26, 2016

I lost it at Ogami. Wanko-chan has some strong medicine indeed. XD

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I really can't see why people like this manga, i stopped on volume 2 so maybe it changed a lot but i really could not stand the "ethic" (like in a lot of manga their sense of moral/"common sense" is just wrong on so many level i can't start counting them.. )

Really? That's kind of interesting. I guess I would need you to elaborate more though. The only thing that has ever bugged me is Jun, who I do like. I know it's "for humor" but the ideas presented or the suggestion that she does certain thing to other people has never sat well with me.

While the humor in a lot of anime/manga tends to get on my nerves I haven't had much to complain about with this. The slap stick is fine but probably not for everyone.

I didn't like the one running the school at first. She's basically my favorite character now but at first I was worried her zaniness was just going to be an excuse to toss the rules out whenever the author felt like it and nothing more. It didn't help that when I bought the first manga I was just learning yuri in anime was scarce and I came away liking the book but thinking it was never going to be more than subtext.

which is why when I saw it uploaded here a while back i didn't even dive back in. I liked it but not enough to spend time on what I thought would leave out the yuri. The yuri tag was recently added though and I just became current.

I. love. action! I wish there was more of it in yuri.

I really dig the relationships between a number of these characters.
As much as I usually gravitate towards characters like Akira, and I do like her a lot, I was never once routing for her. I don't even care if she would have closed the school. I just like the Hitsugi pair she was fighting that much more.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The end is near http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-10-21/hayate-x-blade-2-yuri-action-comedy-manga-ends-in-november/.122970
I would love to see it, but for what I've understood, Gulf quit and he was in charge of translations and the chapters we've been receiving are the ones that he left translated long ago so I don't know what to think, I'll miss this

joined Jun 12, 2015

Woow, end of an era.
I hope it didn't get canceled and it's a proper end... And where is the anime damn it

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

The end is near http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-10-21/hayate-x-blade-2-yuri-action-comedy-manga-ends-in-november/.122970
I would love to see it, but for what I've understood, Gulf quit and he was in charge of translations and the chapters we've been receiving are the ones that he left translated long ago so I don't know what to think, I'll miss this

I refuse to accept this reality. (time to go YuriSaiyan.)

joined Oct 15, 2014

Wow it's been a while since I've read this. And now I gotta start all over again cause I forgot what happen..haha

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I have a bad memory for names but at least I remember the plot, so happy to see an update!!! this is one of the series that I can't just give up! thank you

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I left this manga when everything was in Yuri crush stage and no romantic progression was happening (vol 2/3 maybe I don't remember). What about now? Did glasses girl and MC get together? Did any Yuri progression happen? I haven't read any chapter of the manga since ch 22-23.

joined Feb 21, 2018

How is this still tagged as yuri?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Because Jun exists.

joined Jun 17, 2014

new chapter yay

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

More characters I'm worried but I'm so glad HxB always comes back to make my day with idiocy !!
Nice to have a more serious plot now, last time was with the Chinese girl I think? I miss her too

Hitsugi%20icon
joined May 23, 2018

Because Jun exists.

(To the original commenter: This isn't directed at you specifically- this is a question I think a lot of people have asked, so I am just offering my view in general, not trying to call anyone out or start an argument.)

Jun is a big part of it, but I do think there's more to the yuri than that. One of the reasons HxB has always been one of my favorite manga is because its way of handling girls who love girls is so unorthodox. When interviewed, Hayashiya said she doesn't even think about creating "yuri". Since she was young, "yuri and gay have just existed within her like air". To me, that's a pretty good description for how HxB does things. At its core it's not a romance, so it never establishes a romantic mood. At the same time, it portrays lesbian sexual desire through characters like Jun and Hayate, obvious crushes between young women, and a couple who can only be described as life partners (Kaicho and Miyamoto). The shinyuu system is an obvious parallel to marriage. The crushes tend to develop a lot over time, even though it's subtle, and although those crushes aren't the main plot points, they heavily influence the characters' actions. It doesn't get brought into the spotlight, but I've come to love that over the years. Hayashiya incorporates all of this into her stories by treating this love between women as though it's the most normal thing in the world, to the point where we see the kind of slapstick you would normally only see in comedic situations between heterosexual couples. When characters comment "that's gross" when Jun or Hayate say something sexual, imagine Jun and Hayate as guys and tell me that they wouldn't get the exact same response. Having lesbian attraction, both sexual and romantic, be subjected to the same standards as heterosexual attraction is really refreshing, for me at least.

Long story short, I think you're right that HxB isn't exactly yuri. It's just really really gay, and as a lesbian, I love the fact that HxB allows so many girls who like girls to exist outside of a romance setting, because we do exist outside of our relationships. But since Dynasty doesn't really have a tag that can describe that, the closest we can get is the yuri tag. And I think it's really important that the gay aspects of this manga be expressed through that tag, because they are an important part of it.

Artworks-000165609848-75gqpp-t500x500
joined Aug 1, 2015

Because Jun exists.

(To the original commenter: This isn't directed at you specifically- this is a question I think a lot of people have asked, so I am just offering my view in general, not trying to call anyone out or start an argument.)

Jun is a big part of it, but I do think there's more to the yuri than that. One of the reasons HxB has always been one of my favorite manga is because its way of handling girls who love girls is so unorthodox. When interviewed, Hayashiya said she doesn't even think about creating "yuri". Since she was young, "yuri and gay have just existed within her like air". To me, that's a pretty good description for how HxB does things. At its core it's not a romance, so it never establishes a romantic mood. At the same time, it portrays lesbian sexual desire through characters like Jun and Hayate, obvious crushes between young women, and a couple who can only be described as life partners (Kaicho and Miyamoto). The shinyuu system is an obvious parallel to marriage. The crushes tend to develop a lot over time, even though it's subtle, and although those crushes aren't the main plot points, they heavily influence the characters' actions. It doesn't get brought into the spotlight, but I've come to love that over the years. Hayashiya incorporates all of this into her stories by treating this love between women as though it's the most normal thing in the world, to the point where we see the kind of slapstick you would normally only see in comedic situations between heterosexual couples. When characters comment "that's gross" when Jun or Hayate say something sexual, imagine Jun and Hayate as guys and tell me that they wouldn't get the exact same response. Having lesbian attraction, both sexual and romantic, be subjected to the same standards as heterosexual attraction is really refreshing, for me at least.

Long story short, I think you're right that HxB isn't exactly yuri. It's just really really gay, and as a lesbian, I love the fact that HxB allows so many girls who like girls to exist outside of a romance setting, because we do exist outside of our relationships. But since Dynasty doesn't really have a tag that can describe that, the closest we can get is the yuri tag. And I think it's really important that the gay aspects of this manga be expressed through that tag, because they are an important part of it.

You pretty much hit the ball on why I enjoy this manga so much. It's not a romance manga, it's an action/comedy manga. The action is top notch + actually funny slapstick humour? not to mention 99% of the characters are hella gay. It's an enjoyable series even without the snippets of romance, but it's definitely the flavourful icing on the cake that makes HxB so wonderful.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is this a dark souls reference?.jpg

Kaicho is without a doubt the best character!!!

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

minor error in pg 13 was fixed
Hayate X Blade ch96.5
http://yuri-project.net/hayate-x-blade-ch965/

joined Jun 17, 2014

god this manga makes me laugh alot

17___peppa_renon_chan_by_tsuukiyomi-d8c0h52
joined Jul 17, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/mEAu7uB.png
Shit, they're becoming self-aware.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Even the dads are idiots, only the mother (Mari chan) is not an idiot as far as we know.
This is great.
buT I miss the subtext... it's been a while since they gave us any

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

To reply you must either login or sign up.