Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Based solely on Nakatani's brilliant visual storytelling (or my brilliant delusional overthinking), I think Yuu is already starting to feel jealousy in this chapter. First of all, when Sayaka is assigned lover role & Yuu's trying to go along with Doujima's justification of the roles, we get the panel of Maki in his silent observant moment (holding a stack of paper to cover his mouth) in page 8. Then, when Touko asks if Yuu is bothered by the role assignment & she again plays along & says "not at all," we get a bubble visual break (pg.13), which is the same visual break seen in page 15, where Yuu reconsiders her words as she tries to hold back her true feelings from spilling out. It's safe to say that those visual breaks signify Yuu holding back her true feelings. I see them as the slight aching in Yuu's heart, which is why I think Yuu is already starting to feel jealous.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

NEED MOAR BLOOM

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 3:22AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Ah, I was worried that the school play could be the climax of the plot, soon leading to the end of the series, but I don't think it will be the case. Sure that there could be multiple plot lines developed, but with Sayaka confirmed to be cast as the lover, it's likely that the production of the play and its conclusion will lead to/is aiming for unintentional development/revelations between Sayaka and Touko (since Touko isn't planning on acting on her feelings anytime soon, she's in a medium risk position). I haven't personally given Sayaka and her situation as much thought before, as it was pretty simple and straightforward, and things were static on her end, but I'm kinda worried about her now. Nanami may not be as perceptive as Yuu, but she's sharp enough. If Sayaka's acting reflects her own feelings, she may or may not realise it. Sayaka's character is mainly built around her unrequited love, I would hate to see her heartbroken, to see her feelings then revolve around that pain.

Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

I feel like the guy at the end is somehow would make a great impact on Touko hmm he is probably her sister's boyfriend?

I really feel sad for Yuu that she feels that she can't show her true feelings and its making her frustrated.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

NEED MOAR BLOOM

I hope I added enough Bloom for you

TheObsoleteMan
Recettehate_zpsebd03302
joined Jun 20, 2014

I hope I added enough Bloom for you

I thought they wanted this kind of Bloom:

joined Jun 12, 2015

Official english cover.

What do you think?

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 6:34AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Official english cover.

(https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81i0vaqcbrL.jpg)

What do you think?

I'm gonna get my copy like, tomorrow, or whenever I actually motivated myself to go outside, but from what I remember (when I saw it in stores a few days ago), the cover's like a different shade, Yuu's hair isn't really as orange as you usually see it, slightly faded or something? Which bothers me. I wasn't sure if it was just me at first, but if you compared to the colour paged inside (shows you the cover without any lettering), it is a different shade.
I dislike the font, not that on its own, its that bad of a font, but from having seen the original japanese one, the feeling is quite different and that bothers me too. The title font of the cover makes it feels all cutesy and romantic, which isn't really the right tone, imo. ALSO, the title on the spine (and the spine itself) is fucking pink (on white) af. Seeing it placed in the bookshelves, Bloom into You looks like the pinkest, most shoujo-romance-looking title.
The pink is like this

The content itself is fine but I'm just kinda like??? What happened.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

The title font of the cover makes it feels all cutesy and romantic, which isn't really the right tone, imo. ALSO, the title on the spine (and the spine itself) is fucking pink (on white) af. Seeing it placed in the bookshelves, Bloom into You looks like the pinkest, most shoujo-romance-looking title.

This really makes me wonder if they even read the manga yet. YagaKimi is anything but cutesy Shoujo romance. Looking at 7 Seas other manga covers, they did a good job being faithful to the original Jap covers or, at least, to the overall feel of the manga. But this cover (& the ones to come) is a complete disaster. It's a shame, really, since YagaKimi has beautiful cover illustrations. (I hope new readers will not ignore it because of the cover desgins)

Oh well, I ordered the Jap volumes already. They'll be my family treasure for generations to come. The English ones will be for casual reading.

joined Sep 21, 2014

(I hope new readers will not ignore it because of the cover desgins)

Well actually, if there were new readers, they wouldn't feel the way, they have no idea, and I don't think they'd give it a second thought after getting into it either, since they'll be used to it. (Bloom into You is still kinda a love story, just not the kind you'd think it was, based on the cover, title and font and spine pinkess). But at least for me, it's kinda meh, tho I'll get over it, being able to own a copy I can read is pretty good.

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 11:43AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ I guess you're right. It's funny cuz I've seen a lot of people commenting on how they went into this manga, expecting cutesy romance, but ended up realizing that it's a much heavier read instead. I guess this cover design will only cause more misconception lol

joined Sep 21, 2014

Haha yep. I swear, it's the pink spine and title font.
It makes me wonder if that's what they were going for, another twist. You go into this expecting cliches, but the way this particular manga stands out is that if twists them and delivers other things. Tho that's kinda far-fetched, they probably didn't pick that font with that in mind TT_TT It's like the person in charge of the cover design didn't even know what story they were doing, and just winged it based on the back cover. Why didn't the translator/typesetter stop them tho. I have a hard time believing everyone working on it thought the font was fine, did no one object? >_>

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

@TheObsoleteMan

I think I made the perfect cover, gaiz.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ Nail'd it.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

With that title, it now looks more like a Yaoi cover, honestly. >.>

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

This manga is so good I'd definitely buy it when it comes to my country. Also, hell yeah, Sayaka is playing the love interest! I mean it doesn't matter to me whether Yuu or Sayaka wins the Toukobowl, they're both pretty likable that I was kinda hoping for a 3some.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

E M O T I O N S

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

@TheObsoleteMan

(http://i.imgur.com/Fu7kYG2.png)

I think I made the perfect cover, gaiz.

Nice, now it looks like a Lord of the Rings yaoi doujin.

joined Sep 21, 2014

\

I know I ranted about the cover a lot, but tbh, I'm still really happy to be holding a copy in my hands rn, finally
Oh and this is to show how it looks like lmao, like I was really surprised the first time I saw it. If I hadn't known about it beforehand, well, it definitely looks like a het shoujo romance manga, it's super misleading haha. It's eye catching I guess, and I bet readers unfamiliar with the title were definitely surprised when they picked it up out of curiosity, like surprise gay

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

(https://snag.gy/fvX5bD.jpg)\

I know I ranted about the cover a lot, but tbh, I'm still really happy to be holding a copy in my hands rn, finally
Oh and this is to show how it looks like lmao, like I was really surprised the first time I saw it. If I hadn't known about it beforehand, well, it definitely looks like a het shoujo romance manga, it's super misleading haha. It's eye catching I guess, and I bet readers unfamiliar with the title were definitely surprised when they picked it up out of curiosity, like surprise gay

I laughed more than i should at that last line. But yeah, i guess its just a way of "bait" unsuspecting people into buying yuri manga. Hopefully, it sells well enough overseas so that way we can get a YagaKimi anime sometime soon.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Hopefully, it sells well enough overseas so that way we can get a YagaKimi anime sometime soon.

Eh, success overseas wouldn't really matter, tho it would encourage licensing more yuri :0 (no matter the hate Citrus gets, it does have a big enough fandom, I'm pretty sure it did well to show the publisher that we want more yuri. We did get like over half a dozen licenses for 2017, that's more yuri than in the past years) It'd be more important that it does well in Japan, and I think it is actually, YagaKimi solod over 250k iirc? (I saw it mentioned somewhere) That it's doing well means that at least, it won't be cancelled (TTvTT) and Nakatani will be able to write the story she wants/planned (and maybe more). And the series' success definitely wouldn't reduce the chances for an anime adaptation ;u; I really liked the voice acting in the pv, to be able to see the characters move as well would be great

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Just curious, if YagaKimi gets its anime, which studio do you guys want to adapt it?

For me, it's for sure NOT Deen LOL (even if they made one of the best anime of 2016). I think J.C.Staff's animation work with Amanchu was great. Tho, looking at Lerche's upcoming Kuzu no Honkai, I think they can do a fine job with this series, too. In the end, I'm still hoping that KyoAni will adapt this series, cuz idk, their overall style & feel (like how things are presented & how the stories are told, rather than the artwork itself) seem to fit this series a lot.

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 4:32AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

@Faust Yeah, success in Japan is more important, but i think success overseas plays a role in it too. I mean, Citrus is quite popular outside of Japan and it got an anime. Obviously it sells well in Japan too, but i don't think many studios would want to make an anime of it if it they wouldn't be able to sell it overseas as well.

Anyways, yeah YagaKimi is apparently doing quite well in Japan, so we're one step closer to get an anime of it. I think a lot of that depends on whether Citrus and Netsuzou Crap does well this year, which i think it would do since they're quite "eye-catching" for anyone not interested in yuri.

@Gudetamago KyoAni would be a good choice, if they don't KyoAnize the character designs the same way they did with the Dragon Maid, they would be my top choice too. BTW, whats wrong with Deen? Is it because they make yaoi anime?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yeah, success in Japan is more important, but i think success overseas plays a role in it too. I mean, Citrus is quite popular outside of Japan and it got an anime. Obviously it sells well in Japan too, but i don't think many studios would want to make an anime of it if it they wouldn't be able to sell it overseas as well.

Citrus' western sales is completely irrelevant to it getting an anime tbh
It's like how the west hates Kabaneri apparently, but it's getting a season 2. Japan doesn't care about the west's opinion

Anyways, yeah YagaKimi is apparently doing quite well in Japan, so we're one step closer to get an anime of it. I think a lot of that depends on whether Citrus and Netsuzou Trap does well this year, which i think it would do since they're quite "eye-catching" for anyone not interested in yuri.

Yeah they have erotic undertones, or are full out erotic, for NTrap at least
I'm excited about both, it's true that we haven't had yuri anime that weren't comedy in a while. Them doing well at least indicates that the market and interest in yuri is alive
Lol it'd be great if ppl stopped assuming that absolutely everyone else hates Netsuzou Trap and freely and randomly bashed it on all other threads
Like please lol, can we just leave Netsuzou Trap alone and out of other threads? Yeah it's getting an anime, it's popular in Japan, rip, the end. Don't watch it, that's all. Good thing that not being the Japanese audience it's for, they won't care about our opinions. If it does well over there, they'll consider more yuri, that's all.

BTW, whats wrong with Deen? Is it because they make yaoi anime?

Someone mentioned on another thread that they're a low budget studio, tho I dont really know/am familiar with them

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 4:18AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

@Kal3d They adapt the most yuri/yaoi works in general so the chance of them adapting YagaKimi if it does get an anime is high. But, I'm not exactly a fan of their art/animation works tho. It's either rlly bad or just plain unimpressive. I'm a big fan of YagaKimi's art & visual storytelling bits in it, so I don't want Deen to ruin that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.