Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Idk about Yuma PURSUING Hotaru. From the "I'm scared she'll leave me if I reject her" thoughts, seems like... she's made herself hostage to the current situation, because she's scared. Even if she does have thoughts indicating that she's more and more into Hotaru, that she's getting all hot and bothered, her "fear" indicates that the reason she's letting it happen isn't just because she's unaware of her growing feelings/lust towards Hotaru, but mainly cus Hotaru straight up left her once.
To some extent, we know that Yuma reciprocates, but there's also other concerns and feels mixed it with it, so it isn't... optimal, or as simple as "they like each other so it's all good".

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

her "fear" indicates that the reason she's letting it happen isn't just because she's unaware of her growing feelings/lust towards Hotaru, but mainly cus Hotaru straight up left her once.

When did that happen? You mean when Hotaru got bf for the first time, or Fujiwara? I didn't seem like that to me. It was Yuma who left Hotaru because of her highschool friends

To some extent, we know that Yuma reciprocates, but there's also other concerns and feels mixed it with it, so it isn't... optimal, or as simple as "they like each other so it's all good".

Noticed that too. It gives room for development and more drama probably

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 4:06PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuma should have dumped Takeda ages ago. That guy is going to make her life hell once he knows for sure. Either by getting violent or by sending her into a guilt-trip.

joined Sep 21, 2014

her "fear" indicates that the reason she's letting it happen isn't just because she's unaware of her growing feelings/lust towards Hotaru, but mainly cus Hotaru straight up left her once.

When did that happen? You mean when Hotaru got bf for the first time, or Fujiwara? I didn't seem like that to me. It was Yuma who left Hotaru because of her highschool friends

Ever since chapter 9, after Fujiwara catches them and takes a pic, Hotaru tries to "make everything right" again for Yuma. When she talks to Takeda to fix their relationship, she states to Takeda that there's a "person" out there that likes Yuma, but has definitely given up. Skimming chapter 10 shows you that there's an obvious rift between Yuma and Hotaru, that Hotaru is trying to create a certain distance between them. Hotaru gets the job so that she can save and move out, to leave Yuma. It's not about a difference in interpretation either, Yuma clearly feels it. Also when we saw her "yandere" side.
Thus, in chapter 13, when Yuma refers to her fear of Hotaru leaving, this is what she means. They haven't talked about Hotaru's job anywhere in ch13, nor her trying to leave again/continue leaving. I think Hotaru trying to leave is basically her way of "getting over" Yuma, giving up, but Yuma kissing her in the last chapter likely put different thoughts in Hotaru's head, that maybe it's not such a lost cause after all. Yuma's kiss is still pretty recent development, we haven't had Hotaru's thoughts on it yet, but if she stops trying to distance herself (which I think she is, that she has stopped, given how Yuma is now lying and ditching the boys to go meet up/walk home with her), it's likely because Yuma kissed her.

Either by getting violent or by sending her into a guilt-trip.

If he were to start shit, I feel like he'd go for an emotional tactic. When his attempts at getting laid didn't work out, he ignored her at school, and Yuma felt like shit for "hurting such a nice guy".

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 4:42PM

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Yuma should have dumped Takeda ages ago. That guy is going to make her life hell once he knows for sure. Either by getting violent or by sending her into a guilt-trip.

Actually, he dumped her. They aren't dating anymore.

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 4:59PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Asukaori posted:

Aren't they in some kind of pause or something? I seem to recall he didn't want to break up completely.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Aren't they in some kind of pause or something? I seem to recall he didn't want to break up completely.

https://i.imgur.com/JHkzLLU.png
https://i.imgur.com/8iAb8AD.jpg

Uhm I don't know, they seem done.
But maybe Kodama might put them back together again in the future, I really hope she won't but we can't know with her.

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 5:50PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

They are not dating. He said they should take a break from each other, meaning they have to break up.
From what I've seen in the latest chapter, I don't think he would be like Fujiwara if he finds out about them. He seems to be more of a yurifan between them because he was blushing etc. Also Japanese readers like him, so I don't think Kodama would turn him into Fujiwara No2, but you never know.
When they broke up with Yuma, I dont think it was because she wouldn't sleep with him. He just realised that Yuma was not in love with him. He could have pushed her that night more if he only cared for sex imo.

It's interesting to see where this goes regarding Hotaru distancing herself, as well as her job. Hope next chapters focuses on this instead of Fujiwara blackmailing again

Uhm I don't know, they seem done.
But maybe Kodama might put them together again in the future, I really hope she won't but we can't know with her.

She keeps the guys around because the whole theme of this manga is NTR. She couldn't be on topic if they stop appearing.
Takeda is already NTR'ed, but now it's also Fujiwara's turn too

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 5:28PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I dont think it was because she wouldn't sleep with him. He just realised that Yuma was not in love with him.

I saw it as him associating that not being comfortable enough for sex = SHE DOESN'T REALLY LOVE YOU, which makes me feel "eh". Aren't "nice guys" supposed to like, aim for being loving, understanding and supportive, but instead he was like "it's okay, you don't have to force yourself, *pained face*, *stops talking to her for the rest of winter break*". It irks me, that unwillingness to have sex correlated with "she's not into you". Ofc it's always a possibility, but he made a leap and stuck with it and just pouted like a kid for weeks.
Like the way Yuma is acting now not rejecting Hotaru because she doesn't want her to leave, she could have easily stopped rejecting Takeda and slept with him, to stop him from leaving. Idk if Takeda meant it like that, but I do know that Hotaru really meant to leave, and wasn't just making a point. But the conclusion would have been the same, if it had influenced Yuma's behaviour like that, it's kinda unintentional emotional blackmail.
They just shared their first kiss ever like, a week-few weeks ago max, I think he tried to escalate it too quickly. If she hadn't seen what seemed to be Hotaru and Fujiwara post-sex, she wouldn't even have gotten as far as to share the room with him that night. Regardless of how Yuma feels towards Hotaru, I think that she did like Takeda to some extent, and really, regardless of Hotaru's interferences, he was rushing it and she clearly wasn't as confident/comfortable as he was [horny].

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm going to be the devil's advocate, but that a boyfriend, at their age, would want to have sex with his girlfriend is quite natural. I don't think he rushed it that much. She was aware it would be eventually coming, I don't think she was *that* innocent. But the whole thing with Hotaru who kissed her and stuff made her reconsider her feelings and priorities (which was what Hotaru aimed for probably) and she bailed out when he attempted to engage in sex.

On the other hand, his reaction at being rejected was lame. Instead of being supportive and wait for her to be more comfortable, he went on pouting and not talking to her. Quite childish and it went on to show that his love was not devoid of ulterior-motive (ie, get laid and finally lose his virginity).

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm going to be the devil's advocate, but that a boyfriend, at their age, would want to have sex with his girlfriend is quite natural. I don't think he rushed it that much.

Hm, it is. Whether it's "rushing" or not is subjective, depends on the person involved, which I should have specified. In Yuma's case at least, I think it was rushing it. At least on her end, she wasn't ready. Assuming that their first kiss/double date at karaoke was all they've done until then, that's quite fast imo. They went on a double date and then he tried taking her home. Takeda pls.

She was aware it would be eventually coming, I don't think she was that innocent.

At the point of the trip, she was, but the first time Takeda hinted at it/brought it up (right before they went to the amusement park instead), she was more or less confused, Hotaru had to spell it out for her.
But yeah, I'm sure he does have feels for her and all, but his love isn't ideal either. I just don't think he's as nice as people think he is. Sure, comparing to the rest of the cast, there is a gap, but eh.

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 6:23PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I saw it as him associating that not being comfortable enough for sex = SHE DOESN'T REALLY LOVE YOU, which makes me feel "eh". Aren't "nice guys" supposed to like, aim for being loving, understanding and supportive, but instead he was like "it's okay, you don't have to force yourself, *pained face*, *stops talking to her for the rest of winter break*". It irks me, that unwillingness to have sex correlated with "she's not into you". Ofc it's always a possibility, but he made a leap and stuck with it and just pouted like a kid for weeks.

Not trying to defend him or anything, but I don't think it was only because of the sex. He had probably picked up on Yuma's vibes too and sex was the most tangible proof.
Sure, he didn't handle the situation the best, but this is very common with people that may not have bad intentions but end up screwing up because they don't know the right way to do it.

I don't think Yuma liked Takeda in a romantic or sexual way. She liked him as a friend and someone nice to hang out with. So she thought, since he was a guy and she was supposed to find a bf, this meant she might like him in that way too. That's why, in the first chapter he asks her "When it comes to us, what is the difference"

If Yuma liked him that way, she would do it. She does it with Hotaru because she likes her. I don't think Hotaru is manipulating her this time now.

Anyway, this type of NTR is only bad because of the abuse parts. It is not angsty on an emotional level regarding the third people (the guys) because neither Yuma nor Hotaru have actual feelings for them. It's not like KnM or WDTFS where there are actually feelings for two people

joined Sep 21, 2014

What's KnM?

joined Dec 9, 2014

Kannazuki No Miko. If you haven't watched it, the girl likes the guy too but likes the other girl more.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

It's interesting to see where this goes regarding Hotaru distancing herself, as well as her job. Hope next chapters focuses on this instead of Fujiwara blackmailing again

Hotaru is not distancing herself anymore tho, once Yuma kissed her she was drawn back in just like that.

She keeps the guys around because the whole theme of this manga is NTR. She couldn't be on topic if they stop appearing.
Takeda is already NTR'ed, but now it's also Fujiwara's turn too

Yeah I didn't complain about Takeda being around since I'm indifferent about him, I just don't want him and Yuma to get back together.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Hotaru is not distancing herself anymore tho, once Yuma kissed her she was drawn back in just like that.

Not sure about that. When she kisses Yuma it's because "kissing means nothing anyway". So it seems that she is emotionally distant to Yuma, even though she hasn't physically gone.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Not sure about that. When she kisses Yuma it's because "kissing means nothing anyway". So it seems that she is emotionally distant to Yuma, even though she hasn't physically gone.

Mm I haven't looked at it that way, you might be right... but I don't know, Hotaru always seemed emotionally distant, before she said it was just practice and now she's saying it doesn't mean anything (basically the same thing), that and other things leads me to the conclusion that Hotaru is not really aware of how Yuma feels about her.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Mm I haven't looked at it that way, you might be right... but I don't know, Hotaru always seemed emotionally distant, before she said it was just practice and now she's saying it doesn't mean anything (basically the same thing), that and other things leads me to the conclusion that Hotaru is not really aware of how Yuma feels about her.

True, Hotaru has always maintained this emotional distance (that Yuma never caught up on until she legit physically started leaving her).
The burden between balancing their bff status and her feelings for her puts Hotaru on a different mindset from Yuma's. Hotaru has more or less been lying to her about it this entire time, only sorta saying something like the truth when they last had a talk on their shared balconies (about how Yuma getting a boyfriend made her jealous, made her want to tease her, but it still wasn't the complete truth. Yuma still has no idea what's really going on in Hotaru's mind tbh, and understandably, it's hard because Hotaru doesn't want her to know, hence the distance between them, and why she made a point to ask if they can be friends forever. They're best friends and they care for each other, but there are things going on between them that aren't very typical of usual friendships lol. Yuma has to cross that distance herself tbh, if she wants to "work" whatever's the problem out. It's unlikely Hotaru will do anything more direct than just flirting with her and brushing it off as nothing serious.
As much as Hotaru is the one to have started it all, this ambiguity, she doesn't have the courage or determination (or believes that she deserves) to pursue more than what they have. I think a lot of future development will have to depend on Yuma. Unless something happens on Hotaru's side to incite her/make her want more and act on it, Hotaru will be pretty static about it all.

last edited at Jan 16, 2017 10:41PM

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

True, Hotaru has always maintained this emotional distance (that Yuma never caught up on it until she legit physically started leaving her).
The burden between maintain their bff status and her feelings for her puts Hotaru on a different mindset from Yuma's. Hotaru has more or less been lying to her about it this entire time, only sorta saying something like the truth when they last had a talk on their shared balconies (about how Yuma getting a boyfriend made her jealous, made her want to tease her, but it still wasn't the complete truth. Yuma still has no idea what's really going on in Hotaru's mind tbh, and understandably, it's hard because Hotaru doesn't want her to know, hence the distance between them, and why she made a point to ask if they can be friends forever. They're best friends and they care for each other, but there are things going on between them that aren't very typical of usual friendships lol. Yuma has to cross that distance herself tbh, if she wants to "work" whatever's the problem out. It's unlikely Hotaru does anything more direct than flirting with her and brushing it off as nothing serious.
As much as Hotaru is the one to have started it all, this ambiguity, she doesn't have the courage or determination (or believes that she deserves) to pursue more than they have. I think a lot of future development will have to depend on Yuma. Unless something happens on Hotaru's side to incite her/make her want more and act on it, Hotaru will be pretty static about it all.

I share your same opinion, I don't think Hotaru thinks she deserves to persue more nor have the courage to do it either but just like you said that Yuma has no idea what's really going on in Hotaru's mind I also believe Hotaru has no idea what's going in Yuma's either and I think part of the reason why she keeps this emotional distance and has said those things you mentioned it's because she believes that's what Yuma "wants" to hear because she believes Yuma is actually in love with Takeda, that explaining why she has said to Takeda that there's someone out there who likes Yuma but Yuma doesn't like "him", that she's jealous of Yuma and Takeda, and how she tried to set things right by talking to Takeda and later distancing herself from Yuma. I just think Hotaru is almost just as dense as Yuma and their relationship development depending on Yuma is not at all reassuring lol.

E70066255468290
joined Sep 14, 2015

The story is confused and I don't really like NTR but when the MC are NTR each other I think is fine. I can't get Hotaru to Yuma say she "we are friend" but to her "Boyfriend" said she want to get away from Yuma. What I like to seen is Yuma goes really Yandere or that she Run away from home and that Hotaru would search her

joined Sep 12, 2016

It's going to have an anime adaptation in 2017!! <3

joined Dec 9, 2014

This was actually a cute chapter. Hotaru is drawn a bit differently here. She seems more sweet than usual in some panels.

wave removing Yuma's bra
Kodama will find so many different ways to add fanservice lol.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Chapter 14: http://imgur.com/a/IPcsr

Chapter 14 RAWS

joined Sep 21, 2014

Chapter 14 (eng): https://imgur.com/a/TWts9

Whoa, where did you get the imgur link? *-*
(it's better resolution than what they post on fb)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Chapter 14 (eng): https://imgur.com/a/TWts9

Whoa, where did you get the imgur link? *-*
(it's better resolution than what they post on fb)

Gotta love more NTR, right?

Ahaha, actually, I want you to hop onto Discord, Faust LOL.

last edited at Dec 28, 2016 9:39PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.