ForumNews Tracer Confirmed To Have A Girlfriend In Overwatch 'Reflections'

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/tracer-reflections

Blizzard has been telling us for weeks now that LGBT characters will be confirmed soon. That confirmation came today in the form of Overwatch's "Reflections" comic that showed Tracer in fact has a girlfriend - or at least a woman with whom she is romantically involved.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/tracer-confirmed-to-have-a-girlfriend-in-overwatch-reflections-comic-lesbian-lgbt-38691#u8ewLZxmeEo3Ehmw.99

So there's that. Anticlimatic though.

The fallout for this among the fanbase (particularly the more "extreme" shippers) will be more interesting than the reveal itself.

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 2:44PM

Tumblr_nz7qrjqblu1rs5chao1_5002
joined Feb 1, 2016

Was super happy to see this.

Though the extreme parts of fandom seem to be having a melt down over the Pharah part and the Mercy letter part lol. Which isn't surprising lol.

Haven't seen much fallout over the Tracer reveal yet but that might just be cause I'm flooded with excited posts currently. I expect some extreme fans on that side to show up for me at some point too.

(Not that canon means loads to me, i'll still have my preferred in game ships regardless haha. Still made my evening to see the above. Especially cause she's like the cover girl of sorts. Good times were had man.)

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I saw some people saying that the guy with whom Pharah is could be her dad. Not sure if he looks old enough for it to be likely

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

:)! well, no surprise there! the tomboy hahaha
And they gave her a girlfriend... That's a little sad if you like shipping between characters.

They should keep things like this for a while, I'm sad that they didn't show anything about Dva! she's just making comercials?

Plus Genji writing letters to certain doc who saved his life.

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 3:27PM

joined Feb 1, 2016

I saw some people saying that the guy with whom Pharah is could be her dad. Not sure if he looks old enough for it to be likely

Lmao ngl I entirely thought that when I first saw the picture but that is probably cause I really enjoy the Pharmercy ship (art/fic etc) so my brain probably didn't even deem to think of it as romantic straight off the bat =p

Though I also was also firmly in the camp that thought pharmercy wouldn't ever become canon (Due to Micheal chu being more into Genji if I remember) so if it is romantic it's not going to be a huge change to me. I'll still enjoy the fan content and still not be canon =p

Honestly though, I was kind of hoping they'd leave Mercy out of any in game ships so no one could start throwing canon around at anyone else but that was just me ;D

Regardless. My skype overwatch group are having a field day of happy over Tracer lmao. The fangirls have gone wild. It is glorious.

joined Oct 5, 2016

They should keep things like this for a while, I'm sad that they didn't show anything about Dva! she's just making comercials?

D.Va's all about gettin' paid

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Can I just say I really like that her girlfriend is a civilian?

Also, I doubt canon will really stop pairing fanart and stories any more than it does with any other series or game.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

This was so unexpected and exciting that I ended up hurting myself. Ouuuch... well, anyway, it's nice that Blizzard didn't back out and finally revealed their LGBT character! More than one would be nice, but, eh, it's better than nothing, I guess.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gotta say, Reaper's not looking very hetero in the comic either, stalking his boy-crush like that.

Not just D.Va missing there, don't see a few faces. Guess they don't want to reveal their personal lives just yet?

Reinhardt reminds me so much of Volstagg the Voluminous from the Walt Simonson run of Thor. An affable braggart whose glory days actually were glorious, can still hold his own in a fight, and loves kids to death, with a big family who thinks he's great.

joined Feb 1, 2016

Have no idea if i'm missing anything cause trying to look at the comic in detail on my phone is proving hard ... but I found everyone (some obviously less prominent than others such as the Lucio on a poster or the face on symmetra on the magazine cover etc) but I am totally unable to find Bastion lol.... Either they are the only non insert character or clearly I need to look again when on a laptop tomorrow D=

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

You know, does this comic really prove that Genji/Mercy is a thing? I mean, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable that a dude could be sending a letter to the woman who saved his life without it being romantic.

Also, WOO, am I glad that I was active to see a gay reveal thing happening! Posting overnecessarily snarky replies to homophobes pretty much gives my life meaning.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

but I am totally unable to find Bastion lol....

He is on the newspaper on the floor of Torb's house. Definitely the hardest one to spot.

Also I don't see the romance between Genji and Mercy when he has chosen to hang out with Zen rather than her. Just a Christmas card for the doctor he owes everything to.

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 6:46PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You know, does this comic really prove that Genji/Mercy is a thing? I mean, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable that a dude could be sending a letter to the woman who saved his life without it being romantic.

I definitely don't think this proves anything between the two of them. The theme of the comic isn't necessarily romance, it's family and friends. Otherwise you'd be "proving" Tracer in a poly situation with Winston. Although McCree x bar top is definitely OTP.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Cannibal posted:

He is on the newspaper on the floor of Torb's house. Definitely the hardest one to spot.

Also I don't see the romance between Genji and Mercy when he has chosen to hang out with Zen rather than her. Just a Christmas card for the doctor he owes everything to.

It could be a Christmas card, but if all the scenes happened at the same time during Christmas, Genji is writing another letter while Mercy is reading a previous one.
This doesn't prove 100% that they're in love, only exchanging letters very often~

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 6:51PM

joined Feb 1, 2016

Oh man thank you. You are a life saver. Staring at a small phone screen at midnight was not ideal to say the least lol. I can sleep tonight without it bothering me lol.

Agreed with all the above about the letter though. (Even Pharah doesn't inherently have to be romantic in nature either tbh). Though I'm not really surprised of the amount of assumptions and fallout from it. Every fandom has the side that needs to chill a little after all.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It could be a Christmas card, but if all the scenes happened at the same time during Christmas, Genji is writing another letter while Mercy is reading a previous one.
This doesn't prove 100% that they're in love, only exchanging letters very often~

tbh, we don't even know if the letter he's writing is to her in the first place. Or if the one she's reading is from him. They're definitely not the same letter as both scenes take place at more or less the same time.

Hell, he could be making a list for Santa for all we know.

I am amused that he writes with a quill, though.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Dear Santa, please give me a KATANA of Glorious Nippon Steel, folded over 1000 times.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Dear Santa, please give me a KATANA of Glorious Nippon Steel, folded over 1000 times.

This is now my glorious headcanon.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I wonder what Sombra's doing in that bar with McCree... maybe it's just a coincidence or a convenient way to jam them both into one panel, but there's something fishy about this...

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/Pa4lhuS.png

Aaah, this kind of reaction is amazing at this point. We've really reached a new level of gal pals.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Aaah, this kind of reaction is amazing at this point. We've really reached a new level of gal pals.

Yeah that sums it up pretty well.
How more fucking clear do you need to be?

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

"Correction: Tracer is shown being kissed by another woman, who she appears to be living with."

What?? I can understand a reaction like this if Emily was forcing a kiss on her, but this kiss is CLEARLY NOT FORCED. AT ALL. IN ANY WAY. GOD, I WANT TO MAKE A POLYGON ACCOUNT JUST TO REPLY TO THIS IDIOT BUT AT THE SAME TIME... NAH, I DON'T REALLY FEEL LIKE IT...

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

There goes Tracer x Widow......lol.

joined Jun 12, 2012

I would've love this announcement due to the fact that best girl is gay in the fray if it didn't destroy my headcanon during the process as well. I can only scream internally as I witness Widowtracer fanfic and fanart slowly seizes its way into nonexistence

There goes Tracer x Widow......lol.

Yep. Can't say I'm not disappointed lmao

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 10:23PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Faust posted:

Yeah that sums it up pretty well.
How more fucking clear do you need to be?

Omg this is worse than that time with Korra's ending D:

To reply you must either login or sign up.