Forum › It's Okay discussion

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

GAAAAAHHHH

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I was just reading Watamote less than 5 minutes ago. What a coincidence! Ucchi is gay for Tomoko, but has not yet come to terms with it.

Nice to see some Ucchi x Tomoko doujins, even if the main action wasn't between them.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I'm curious about Yuri and Mako's backstory in this.

Parseewtc
joined Jul 6, 2016

Holy shit this is real good. If you removed Yuri raping Emoji part of this, I could easily see this being a canon chapter of Watamote, which is about the highest praise I could give.

For those out of the know, Watamote in recent times has kinda turned into a yuri comedy/bildunsroman in the past year or so and it's been easily elevated the cringe comedy into something almost poignant. Speaking from my gay soul, Tomoko's character growth and actions so closely mirror my own coming to terms with my orientation. It's easily in my top 4-5 currently publishing yuri series.

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

I am still waiting for tomoko x yoshida~

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

So WataMote is actual yuri now, huh? I stopped watching the anime after like 4 episodes since the cringe factor was just... not working for me, but maybe I'll give it a shot now. I mean, it's probably still gonna be a cringe comedy, but I'll bear with it for the yuri comedy aspect.

joined Oct 5, 2016

The show mostly stays as just a cringe comedy. But the manga's sense of humor has gotten a lot gentler, and things are better for Tomoko now. It's kind of gone from only Tomoko feeling awkward and confused to Tomoko making a larger cast ALSO feel awkward and confused. Emoji is one of those girls, Tomoko has unintentionally triggered some real complicated feelings in her, all without the slightest clue that she's done anything.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Ummm define "cringe factor" ?
This was weird...but funny

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Emoji is the third no,fourth best waifu behind delinquent,Megumi and Yuu so far.

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

When I saw watamote it felt like aaangst , it was so sad I stopped watching the anime...... and now is yuri? Hahahaha I'll give it a try

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

So WataMote is actual yuri now, huh? I stopped watching the anime after like 4 episodes since the cringe factor was just... not working for me, but maybe I'll give it a shot now. I mean, it's probably still gonna be a cringe comedy, but I'll bear with it for the yuri comedy aspect.

It's not yuri. The anime has the faintest traces of subtext from a minor character, but that's it. In the manga there's been a gradual escalation of homoerotic subtext in the story, but nobody is actually a lesbian (yet?).

The cringe is still very much there and still the main draw of the series. If in the early chapters/episodes it was enough to put you off then you probably won't enjoy the rest of the manga or anime, as the spaghetti only intensifies from there.

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 12:43AM

joined Aug 10, 2016

I needed this doujin in my life.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/UUTWsEF.jpg (from a later chapter in WataMote)

^
Makes me think that Ucchi is discovering something.

EDIT: Posted the image because it looked like Ucchi made an "omigod lesbians?!" face after Tomoko's explanation.

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 5:41AM

joined Sep 28, 2015

I needed this in my life lol. Interesting choice in making Yuri a lesbian though. I'm guessing it's based on part of her spat with her friend Mako during the trip and Tomoko thinking Mako is a lesbian.

Emoji girl is a goldmine and I'm glad there she's getting a spotlight as part of Tomoko's growing harem. There also seems to be another doujin focusing on her too so hopefully that gets scanned and translated as well.

https://twitter.com/MendoKangaeruno/status/797562119025610752

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

It's not yuri. The anime has the faintest traces of subtext from a minor character, but that's it. In the manga there's been a gradual escalation of homoerotic subtext in the story, but nobody is actually a lesbian (yet?).

The cringe is still very much there and still the main draw of the series. If in the early chapters/episodes it was enough to put you off then you probably won't enjoy the rest of the manga or anime, as the spaghetti only intensifies from there.

Aww, that's a shame. Still, it has been more than a year since I tried it out... even though I didn't really like the comedy that much, it still had that special something that made it memorable. Maybe my taste in comedy changed since then, who knows.

http://i.imgur.com/UUTWsEF.jpg (from a later chapter in WataMote)

^
Makes me think that Ucchi is discovering something.

So what I got from this is that... LGBT stuff is taught in school in JAPAN of all places (JAPAN? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) but not America? Well, yeah, America is plagued by ultra-conservatives too, but I at least thought it was better in this respect than JAPAN (I would also like to take this opportunity to say "fuck you" to Korea cause, you know, I think I can say that as a Korean).

And, yeah, it probably isn't considering this is JAPAN we're talking about here, but I really do think that it'd be a great idea to teach this class. It'd be better in elementary than high school, but I guess something's better than nothing. Of course, this is never happening as long as idiots still walk this earth...

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 3:01AM

joined Apr 25, 2013

I'd say that a lot of the angst and cringe in the beginning were of Tomoko's own making, and she really has mellowed out a lot. The truth is the majority of her interaction have been with people who are really looking out for her, and she's the one with a rotten personality.

The story could easily be more pessimistic, with bullying, but it's honestly pretty optimistic when you look at it.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

um....she assaulted her in the alley and wanted to gtfo after

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I'd say that a lot of the angst and cringe in the beginning were of Tomoko's own making, and she really has mellowed out a lot.

She does manage to cut down on her cringe output later on by outsourcing it to the rest of the cast.

The truth is the majority of her interaction have been with people who are really looking out for her, and she's the one with a rotten personality.

That's where the remainder of Tomoko's cringe comes into play. She's an enormous asshole - sometimes knowingly and sometimes not.

The story could easily be more pessimistic, with bullying, but it's honestly pretty optimistic when you look at it.

Yeah, the series gets much less angst-y as it goes along. But when you look at all of the cast as a whole the total amount of cringe has only increased over time.

Re: bullying. IIRC it's intentionally avoided as a subject in the series due to one of the creator's personal experiences with it.

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 7:28AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

but theyre both girls girls cant love girls
(screaming while running) girls cant love girls
girls cant love girls

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Its like being in two ends of the emotion spectrum, from seeing yuri technically rape ucchi, to feeling the fuzziness of her being told its okay to like girls. This author sure is something else. The story flow and paneling is A+

14729112_1822140911401358_566692425291691896_n
joined Nov 24, 2016

This pretty much deals with someone's denial of being attracted to another person of the same gender...

This is a pretty interesting ship, although I never thought of them together when I read the manga before?

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

oooooo the reason why i dont recognize any character is cuz theyre all from the manga really bad ill never get to know them i dont really like watamote too cringe for me

last edited at Dec 1, 2016 12:56AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Lol she looks like an alien in some pages. Ucchi i mean.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Which chapter highlight this doujin. Her name is emoji?

joined Oct 5, 2016

She has a real name, but Tomoko mentally dubbed her "Emoji" because her face looks like, well, an Emoji.

To reply you must either login or sign up.