Forum › Lip-Service Woman and the Impregnable Maiden discussion

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Please tell me there's more. This can't end like this!!

last edited at Dec 17, 2013 5:19AM

Topbow3
joined Feb 11, 2013

This counts as a good end for me. We all know what will happen after this.

Oh, and why is there an 'END' in p22?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

This counts as a good end for me. We all know what will happen after this.

Oh, and why is there an 'END' in p22?

It probably ended on page 22 in Hirari, and the pages after that are bonus pages added to the version in Laika, Pavlov, Pochihachikou.

Also I thought the ending was pretty positive. It's implications are one of a non-onesided nature I assumed.

549480_395033377219127_77488960_n
joined Jul 13, 2013

sad but lovely.really interesting and quite inique,can't wait for more!!

joined Jul 17, 2013

don't fall for straight girl...sigh.

preach

joined Oct 3, 2013

aw. want more, is there a continuation?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The never-ending dilemma of one-shots ... It can either shot you straight into the heart and kill you (with love and joy) or just graze it and leave you suffering.

But come on people, just let her enjoy it... for a little bit longer, what if you don't find out anyway? YOU STALKERS!!!

last edited at Dec 17, 2013 10:16AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well, it clearly is a "good ending", but not a satisfying one. That is why people are not happy with it, I am not happy with it.

sweet little lie
joined Mar 17, 2013

Gosh! In my life, I at least once got in the same situation as Koyuki. And yeah, it hurts.

63621-girls-und-panzer-darjeeling-gununu-tank
joined Jun 23, 2013

adorable, love this

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I expected her to kiss Matsuri so she would stop avoiding her, maybe it would work? :3

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

A continuation coming from Matsuri's point of view sounds nice to me. Does anyone know if something like that exists or will exist in this anthology?

joined Dec 19, 2011

My god, that ending was terrible. How could just be no resolution like that? I don't like sad endings, but I would have preferred her being shot down to this.

And to you all saying that they obviously get together and that this is still a "good" ending, you don't know that. Matsuri could just be really awkward after the confession because she is now coming to terms with the fact that she likes her back, or it could be because Matsuri doesn't like her and is confused about how to turn her down in a way that will keep their friendship. It could be either.

joined May 4, 2013

"Friendzone"-tag anyone? Too spoiling?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"Friendzone"-tag anyone? Too spoiling?

Please, PLEASE don't bring such an awful concept as "friendzoning" to this lovely reader.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Lmao, that credits page should've been canon.

last edited at Dec 17, 2013 8:55PM

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

Nope I see this beautiful chapter as non SE. You guys, c'mon even Koyuki was fine with the way Matsuri all flustered and "avoided" her. She said "It can stay like this a bit longer." And comprehending from prior experiences, she wouldn't give in that easily, which means she totally is going to continue pursuing Matsuri, on a slightly different approach then. :) now that she knows Matsuri flusters because she has a thing for Koyuki which she finds it surprising as well.

To me, Matsuri didn't say the least insensitive thing possible to Koyuki after finding out Koyuki was seriously confessing all the way: "It was just your imagination. We're good friends after all." I think I have heard it before. So Koyuki knows her chance is valid. And Matsuri is just dere in her own way. Not tsun though. :3

Dere dere it is.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Oh boy, yuri fans and their stupid paranoid victimization routine. Whenever there's any ambiguity about a character's sexual orientation, she must be straight. Whenever a guy shows up for 2 panels, it's going to be het. Whenever the ending is left open, it's BAD END.

OK, I'll bite. that may be true, but we must take into consideration two scenarios:

1. Matsuri-san is straight which means that Koyuki has no chance in hell or at least a slim chance in hell, or
  2. Matsuri-san cannot deal with that idea that Koyuki-san actually likes her in a romantic, non-friend way; which means that Koyuki is SOL (SOL = sh*t outta luck). AND until Matsuri processes those feelings, Koyuki STILL has little to no chance. Not to mention that she, Koyuki, is already experiencing a rather frigid reaction from Matsuri.

So while we the readers are left to our own devices, the end result is victimization; but not because a character has one sexual orientation vs. another or whether a story is heterosexual because a guy is introduced into the storyline, but because the story IS left open-ended and nebulous. if that seems too esoteric, let's look at it from the point of the characters...

Matsuri - victim? maybe. more nieve then anything.
Koyuki - absolutely the victim because not only has she lost a possible love interest, but also a friend. [ref: three instances of being ignored]

As to whether or not a story is "bad" because the ending is left open is purely a point of perception. so that "to me (and this too is a perspective)" is a moot point.

There's nothing to indicate that girl's straight. The massive blush and hyper-awareness at the end hints at the exact opposite.

maybe, maybe not. remember, she was blushing when the guy confessed to her as well. there is quite the possibility that because she is nieve, she just cannot wrap her mind around that idea that someone likes her OR she is easily embarrassed. so +0 points because we the reader do not know.

And it's a oneshot. Finishing the story in your head however you like is kind of the point of a lot of them.

Exactly! and because this one shot leaves you on the edge of a cliff with what "could" happen next, you are left to your own conclusions. this is not a bad thing, so +1 points.

Finally, yes we Yuri fans are opinionated because heck, we are here to read yuri-based stories. so yup, there IS a good chance that folks will grumble 'cuz it didn't end the way they expected it, but so be it. people gripe, then move on. sides, you cannot honestly say it doesn't happen in other genres can you?

anyhoo, like all posts, it's an opinion. nothing more, nothing less.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I liked this, up until the point where there was no resolution. Maybe it's part of a series?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I liked this, up until the point where there was no resolution. Maybe it's part of a series?

Sure hope so, but lookin at other stuff the mangaka has made... probably not, many of the stuff there have similar endings. The "open ending" nature of a lot of one-shots is really numbing me off (just like cliff hangers, ugh.)

(Both of the one-shots http://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/laika_pavlov_pochihachikou have a similar endings)

I guess from now on I'll just avoid these or wait for comments to kick in. If I am not gonna be satisfied, why waste my time.

last edited at Dec 17, 2013 11:41PM

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

(Both of the one-shots http://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/laika_pavlov_pochihachikou have a similar endings)

I guess from now on I'll just avoid these or wait for comments to kick in. If I am not gonna be satisfied, why waste my time.

To be fair to the other one shot, it at least got past the avoidance part of the story and had them make up and leave off on a pretty standard ending with much less ambiguity than this.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

imagine one day Yotsuhara Furiko sensei drops off a spinoff for all her oneshots, then that
"surprise bitch, I bet you thought you've seen the last of me" meme would be so hilarious. In our face. LOL.

But what wishful thoughts eh ~ :P

Topbow3
joined Feb 11, 2013

After rereading most of the mangaka's work here, I'd be really surprised if in the end Matsuri was straight or didn't want to be with her, because none of her work has those kinds of things.

Also just reread 'Blank'. Now that's what I call sad.

last edited at Dec 18, 2013 3:36AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

After rereading most of the mangaka's work here, I'd be really surprised if in the end Matsuri was straight or didn't want to be with her, because none of her work has those kinds of things.

Also just reread 'Blank'. Now that's what I call sad.

Blank + Blank, Continued are the only works of like from this mangaka. Probably the best angst story I've read as well... taking into consideration that most of what I've read of angst is crap.

joined Apr 15, 2012

This can't end like this!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.