Forum › Hayate X Blade discussion

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I wonder if hoshitori did help with this chapter

No. The Hoshitori people are busy with real life, so they have to bow out of HxB for a while, unfortunately.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Note of reference, YP editors: Anything in quotation marks ("") will generally have the comma/period BEFORE the second quotation mark. So "I have a cat" would be "I have a cat." rather than "I have a cat". There are a few exceptions to this rule (such as a quote within a quote) but in HxB's case, as far as I can tell, there aren't any. Other than this little peeve and the occasional grammar conflict, Yuri Project seems to be doing fine with the translations and such.

Onto the chapter! More Jun/Yuho. Yes.

Also, I love that chekhov's boomerang moment when Kei (the roommate who thinks Ayana has it in for her) appears to think that, once again, Ayana is out for her blood specifically. And the fact that Ensuu inadvertently trained Makoto definitely fits here--the hairstyle and crazy look in their eyes matches, if not Makoto's being a bit softer.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh man I love it, I think that is time to re-read everything from the start! this manga has everything I like (except for the lack of serious yuri), I feel sorry for Hayate, her life is at risk and there's no way she will came out of this situation w/o punishment... But I kinda like that too, I love how Ayane's natural expression is to be angry.

Kinda out of topic but I saw the movie of Gintama few days ago and is amusing how much I like that kind of humor that you can find in HxB a lot too. Boke x tsukkomi x Yuri x Blade!

Thanks for translating!!!

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

dammit, I wish seven seas would hurry up and release a vol. 3 omnibus here in the US. :-\
"I think" there are enuf chapters out that a vol. 3 could be successfully released. anyone
know if this is true or not?

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Note of reference, YP editors: Anything in quotation marks ("") will generally have the comma/period BEFORE the second quotation mark.

No. That's incorrect, depending on who you ask. You may want to look up "American style" and "British style" concerning punctuation. And regardless of the name, the latter is also used in the US, especially in linguistics. Drop this pet peeve, this is about as pointless and obnoxious as ?! vs !? for an interrobang, how words are capitalized in a stutter, whether there are spaces in an ellipsis or not and a myriad of other little poorly defined and regionally different idiosyncrasies in the English language.

And thanks, I do know what quotation marks look like. Also, if you want to get in touch with us, there are about half a dozen better ways of doing that than a third-party forum.

dammit, I wish seven seas would hurry up and release a vol. 3 omnibus here in the US

That's not going to happen. They dropped the series when it changed publishers in Japan. Sales weren't all that great, either.

last edited at Jan 19, 2014 12:51PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YES! Macross... I was thinking "Where did I read a phrase like that?"

Hayashiya keeps impresing me with her clean style of drawing and above all the humor... My favorite white shirt again http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hayate_x_blade_ch64#14 I look forward for this battle.

thanks for translating! I will never be able to put in words all of my gratitude!

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Just would like to share this YT list of awesome and funny HxB parodies here for those are interested. Check out the video of their animated commercial 8 years ago, parodies, mini drama, and Jun x Yuho videos <3

last edited at Mar 30, 2014 3:38AM

Mudou%20ayana
joined Oct 29, 2013

I just don't understand how this manga didn't become an anime yet. Hayashiya-sensei's works are sooo awesome!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That last chapter reminded me why this manga is so awesome in so many way !

-Epic duel incoming between Yukari and that sneaky girl... just to be cut off stupidly by a pitfall. It's so anticlimatic in a funny way I almost died laughing.

-Jun. Best character ever ! <3

-And the Kaicho who just leisury enjoy the chaos she created, only so she can get a good laugh out of it.

Damn, I so want this to get animated !

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just don't understand how this manga didn't become an anime yet. Hayashiya-sensei's works are sooo awesome!

There's still hope! somewhere... I dont know...
But this manga is marvelous, all the details.... Like, the quality never goes down and for a momment I thought "too many characters" but the history went ahead mixing them all nicely, at this point, I can't say "X is my favorite character" I love all the idiots here D: --- But nah, Is Shid xD

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

when the yuri going to start....when..

I
joined May 21, 2014

remember If it contain mild yuri it used tagged shoujo ai, hah never see shoujo ai tag now.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yay for new chapter ! This one still my favorite manga out there. And that ending ! Can't wait for the next and see what the "black knight of tenshi" will do next. _

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Nauticaa of the Valley of the Wind was one of my favorite movies. Awesome.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Full of action this time, always keeping the high level of quality thank you yuri project and black knight <3

joined Apr 15, 2011

crap, I have completely lost track of what's going on. :-\

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

"DAYUM!"

Gotta love the Prez. Best Kaichou ever. Also, Masochist-Fencer-Senpai is properly cool.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Absolutelly wonderful, I never expected a new chapter so quick! And finally e everyone is together... We reached the climax!! And really seeing all these duels flowing is amazing. Thanks forma translation!!!

joined Apr 15, 2011

"daddy?"

LMAO. I honestly thought Ayana was going to ask "who's your daddy?"

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

I need to go back and reread the earlier chapters...I totally forgot what has been going on.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

"daddy?"

LMAO. I honestly thought Ayana was going to ask "who's your daddy?"

That just made me burst-out laughing, as well. xD Can't wait for the next chapter. :D

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Another great chapter ! Though I wish we could see more of the "Black knight of Tenchi"'s antics. XD Next chapter sounds promising as well, Kurogane is bound to some serious trashing there.

joined Sep 3, 2013

Man I love Nancy <3

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Realization dawns on me. Hanji and Wakii looks the same.

goes to writing that ff

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Absolutelly powerful, this chapter was indeed.
Ayane x Hayate... Such battle full of feelings, this is how it should be... It's the only way.
Thanks a lot, I've waited weeks, months and even a year for releases of this manga... seeing it again at this phase drives me to tears.

last edited at Aug 17, 2014 6:57PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.