Forum › Anime season

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

WWW.WORKING!! is some kind of spin-off with a new cast of characters (in a different establisment?), ep1 is entirely an introduction episode. not much to say, other than I am really not feelin 90% of these characters.

Shuumatsu no Izetta was slightly interesting, until it became just anime with magical powers. Sad that it became as stupid as I expected from when I saw the trailer towards the end.

Bloodivores is an anime about vampires (?), with a very anime name that the creator probably thought was super cool, but actually really fucking stupid, like most anime names.
Saw 7mins, and its fucking schlock.

ViVid Strike 3 mins in, eeeehh ~~ no thanks. not watching it.

Everything else I ignore cuz they look absolutely terrible.

I guess I'll wait for the comedies and "those" series that obviously aim to be the "gem of the season".

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So apparently, the full version of Mahou-kei's ED track is already out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wg9ryK-jJU

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Izetta impressed me with the first episode. I like the art and the story, but I'm not so sure about the ED.

The new JoJo OP is awesome and super catchy, and the latest episode was pretty great too! I laughed out loud at Josuke's antics with the dice!

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Izetta impressed me with the first episode. I like the art and the story, but I'm not so sure about the ED.

The new JoJo OP is awesome and super catchy, and the latest episode was pretty great too! I laughed out loud at Josuke's antics with the dice!

Have you read all parts of Jojo parts? If not, then this game is going to turn pretty intense and funny. I really love Rohan Kishibe.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Have you read all parts of Jojo parts? If not, then this game is going to turn pretty intense and funny. I really love Rohan Kishibe.

I've only read what's been officially released, so only until Part 3 - the Duwang translations weren't for me!

I've been spoiled about the Kira vs Jotaro thing (pure gold that first "meeting"!) and something about a motorbike (happens in next episode, I guess?), but otherwise I've managed to avoid major spoilers. Unlike with Egypt Arc..

Part 4 has been awesome and the characters are great. Josuke and Okuyasu are hilarious! Kira's no DIO, but he's still a great villain. Koichi... well, Koichi steals, no dignity.

Can't wait to see what's next in store in this beautiful Duwang. Chew.

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 8:34AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Because I loved the anime thats why lol.

I'd personally rank it in my all-time Top 9 purely because of how fun it was to watch, especially when the main characters are both so ridiculously OP'd.

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 9:13AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Rina posted:

I'd personally rank it in my all-time Top 9 purely because of how fun it was to watch, especially when the main characters are both so ridiculously OP'd.

That's the only reason you need, I loved the anime too... But I want the s2 not movies, I really don't like when anime gets movies, 80% of the times they aren't canon or they're just remakes of the already animated series

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Rina posted:

That's the only reason you need, I loved the anime too... But I want the s2 not movies, I really don't like when anime gets movies, 80% of the times they aren't canon or they're just remakes of the already animated series

And movies by nature have to compress the story.

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 10:10AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-02/irregular-at-magic-high-school-anime-film-2nd-teaser-video-story-revealed/.107147

According to this article, the author is writing an original story for the movie; and who knows, maybe it'll get an S2 after the movie.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I've only read what's been officially released, so only until Part 3 - the Duwang translations weren't for me!

I've been spoiled about the Kira vs Jotaro thing (pure gold that first "meeting"!) and something about a motorbike (happens in next episode, I guess?), but otherwise I've managed to avoid major spoilers. Unlike with Egypt Arc..

Part 4 has been awesome and the characters are great. Josuke and Okuyasu are hilarious! Kira's no DIO, but he's still a great villain. Koichi... well, Koichi steals, no dignity.

Personally my fav. is Part 2 and fav. character is of course Joseph Joestar. This guy is literal defination badass hilarious ladykiller.

So you mean you know how part 4 gonna end? Thats a shame. Tbh, it would have been a real surprise if you didn't know. I agree, while Kira is an interesting villain, Dio was defination of what a villain is. Though Funny Valentine (he is from Part 7) is my fav. villain.

Chew? What do you say that for? You jealous? Stupid.

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 11:16AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Personally my fav. is Part 2 and fav. character is of course Joseph Joestar. This guy is literal defination badass hilarious ladykiller.

So you mean you know how part 4 gonna end? Thats a shame. Tbh, it would have been a real surprise if you didn't know. I agree, while Kira is an interesting villain, Dio was defination of what a villain is. Though Funny Valentine (he is from Part 7) is my fav. villain.

Are you reatard? I'm wood!

Joseph and Part 2 are also my favourites! High five!

I know a little about Valentine and he does sound interesting. And he has a cool name!

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Are you reatard? I'm wood!

Joseph and Part 2 are also my favourites! High five!

I know a little about Valentine and he does sound interesting. And he has a cool name!

I am the fucking strong!

Yes! SEKIICHI! EVEN SPEEDWAGON AGREES!

Yeah, his stand is potentially 4th strongest stand behind The World, MiH and Heaven's Door.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I am the fucking strong!

Yeah, his stand is potentially 4th strongest stand behind The World, MiH and Heaven's Door.

The World Over Heaven is THE number one strongest Stand. Not sure if Eyes of Heaven (the game) is canon or not, but its written by Araki at least.

Speaking of Part 4, it pains me seeing Joseph so old and senile... though he has his moments. There's some Joseph in Josuke, but he's no match for Joseph in his prime!

I also like Part 3's Joseph. He's quite the dapper gentleman!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Wow! Wowowowowow WOW!
You sure you're a Gundam girl?

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I am the fucking strong!

The World Over Heaven is THE number one strongest Stand. Not sure if Eyes of Heaven (the game) is canon or not, but its written by Araki at least.

Speaking of Part 4, it pains me seeing Joseph so old and senile... though he has his moments. There's some Joseph in Josuke, but he's no match for Joseph in his prime!

I also like Part 3's Joseph. He's quite the dapper gentleman!

Well its not related to manga so its a separate universe since its canon in its own way.

Also canon wise strongest stands might be:

Golden Experience Requim
Tusk Act 4
Heaven's Door
D4C
Heavy Weather.

Yeah but the manga perfectly shows how a person age. Joseph indeed is best Jojo ever.

He is a foxy granpa. Dude in 50s was having an affair with 19 years old Tomako and even Mirah liked him :P

You know about the joke about Jotaro age?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Wow! Wowowowowow WOW!
You sure you're a Gundam girl?

Oh, IBO Season 2 started already? Didn't realize.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I liked Izetta's first ep, I find stories set in that time to be kinda fascinating, +the magic twist to it kinda reminds me of Ghibli movies. The animation was good too

Izetta's first ep was actually quite good; the yuri pairing between Fine and Izetta makes the anime worth watching, doesn't matter if it's just subtext later on or actual relationship progression.

And while it does lack a certain sense of allure/appeal for me, that's maybe just because I don't find the WWII-based story to be particularly immersive at this point. If the balance is shifted more towards Fine and Izetta's relationship being developed then that'd be great.

While solid development between Fine and Izetta would ofc be necessary, their relationship providing to be a key point to Fine's ambitions, I think the whole war plot going on should probably be detain focus as well lmao. The setting is immersive and detailed, and the characters relationships as well, it'd be a waste to not explore either further.
I'd watch Izetta even if her relationship with the princess wasn't subtexty or anything tbh. I first watched with the line "If I am promised to the princess, then I will fight for her sake." in mind, and that gave me different expectations as to how the characters were. (I thought that the princess was gonna be really wimpy tbh) I was also totally watching for the potential yuri, but I quickly realised that Fine (princess) is actually a strong female lead, she's not some young girl cowering behind men, waiting to be protected, and I'm all down for strong female leads, especially that both Fine and Izetta seem to be so (Izetta seems to be at least powerful in combative nature?)

Also this is in the ED theme, which is totally nice and looks totally gay (+emotional, supportive, tragic?, intimate)

TasteLeRainbow
joined Aug 19, 2016

Yesyesyesyesyes!!!! Just found out koe no katachi has an anime at work!! Also Violet Evergarden looks interesting. KyoAni is my shit this season

Also exactly how much yuri vibes are there from Izette

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 7:57PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm conflicted, about vivid strikers... Why does it feels like we jumped a whole season? I thought we were in the middle of a tournament before?

Oohh, is just a spin off..... /reducing expectations to 50% /jumping to the manga

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 8:45PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I first watched with the line "If I am promised to the princess, then I will fight for her sake." in mind, and that gave me different expectations as to how the characters were

That was badly translated though. I remember the right sentence being something like: "Because of the promise I made to the princess, I'll fight for her sake".
It was a good first episode, though. But the writer worries me. He usually mess up with his stories.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Faust

I wish I could share the same sentiments lol, the setting and world introduced in the first ep didn't really pique my interest, it's more like "oh, okay" than anything. I'll probably be more interested in it if the honestly dull, imo, political/historical WWII stuff isn't the central focus, and we are introduced more into the magic aspect of the story: Izetta, her past, the "white witch" legend of Fine's country and how it all plays into the overall narrative.

Tbh if the anime maintains the WWII stuff without expanding on the magic aspect of the world then I don't think I'll continue watching this; again, it's not bad by any means, Im just not interested in it if the magic aspect doesn't play a large deciding role.

Also relevant to the topic,

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/09/30-1/feature-izetta-the-last-witch-the-hiroyuki-yoshino-effect

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 10:26PM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

im glad iron blooded orphans are back and im actually looking forward to vivid strike and bubuki buranki shizuru is besto grass eater.

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 10:33PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

You know about the joke about Jotaro age?

I don't. Please, tell me.

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 12:34AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.