Forum › Anime season

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

You know about the joke about Jotaro age?

I don't. Please, tell me.

In part 3, he is stated to be 16 years old but actually looks like 30.

Then in part 4, he is around 25 but started to look around 18.

And in part 6, he is around 27 or 30 but started to look even younger than his own daughter (no its not a shocking/massive spoilers since it was stated in first chapter of part 6).

People start to make jokes on him how he age reversely and will turn into a child in 50s.

There is a funny video about it:
https://youtu.be/uDz1FyLpO3U

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I think Vivid Strike is going for a mix between S1(two girls who obviously like each other fight because drama) and Vivid(the whole martial arts etc). I don't really know what to expect yet, but there will be at least some subtext...probably. I also don't know how I feel about the lack of Nana-Yukari in the op/ed songs...

Izzeta looks promising! insert everyone's comments here

And let me take a moment to summarize the plot of Show by rock S2:

A star destroyer approaches sound world, we get shot an evil space queen complete with the laugh, a huge laser is fired, everyone on the planet is getting rekt while new evil girls play their music, then ninjas appear(one of them is a big mecha-dude) and time travel to the past to prevent judgement day.- this is all 30 seconds in and I love it!

But what about the yuri? I'm sure 99% sure Retoree will deliver in ep 2, all things considered.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Shakunetsu no takkyuu musume's first episode really pleased me. I am actually looking forward to its future episodes (normally I don't get my hopes up just in case). I really hope it do justice to its yuri potential.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I've witnessed countless times the Dragon Ball Super anime trying to make Goku as retarded as they could and stripping him of all his dignity, but making him a kissless virgin? C'moooooooon
I really feel like dropping it and sticking with the manga if Black and Zamasu didn't sound so fucking sexy

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 7:35PM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I've witnessed countless times the Dragon Ball Super anime trying to make Goku as retarded as they could and stripping him of all his dignity, but making him a kissless virgin? C'moooooooon
I really feel like dropping it and sticking with the manga if Black and Zamasu didn't sound so fucking sexy

yeah that really pissed me off nobody is that stupid like seriously, id like it if they changed the main character of series to trunks because im just tired of goku.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

yeah that really pissed me off nobody is that stupid like seriously, id like it if they changed the main character of series to trunks because im just tired of goku.

I'm not really tired of Goku, i'm tired of Toei's portrayal of Goku, he's perfectly fine and actually competent in the manga
The manga in general seems to have much more appreciation both for Dragon Ball and for the fans

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So we have more legal streaming sites than ever before and they're all fairly active, but somehow it looks like the fansubbers are going to have a fair amount to do regardless. I mean, I didn't have high expectations of Idol Memories or Stella, but this is still annoying

So, uh, ping-pong. Maybe this'll get people to work on the manga? Underwhelmed by the anime's execution

joined Feb 15, 2013

Finally got time to finish a couple of old anime.

• New Game: very true to source original. No push on Kou x Aoba front so was real disappointed for me.
  • Koukaku no Pandora: was decent, but very typical so not much to talk about. Except Claring, best cat-girl.
  • Fate Kaleid Liner: actually was very good even without yuri/ subtext and the ending was real epic. My OTP Illiya x Kuro took a hit after the ep 4 peak, as Kuro constantly go into 'onee-chan mode'. Illiya x Miyu however was soaring high and even have a special ED love song devoting to them. Oh well, Illiya will come home to Kuro at the end of the day anyway, not like the two will ever part.

Next, is between Haifuri, Ange Vierge, or Regalia. Any reccommendation which one to watch first and/or which one I shouldn't bother to check out?

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 12:50AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Next, is between Haifuri, Ange Vierge, or Regalia. Any reccommendation which one to watch first and/or which one I shouldn't bother to check out?

You realize that Regalia is still ongoing, right? That aside, I personally greatly enjoyed Haifuri and felt Ange Vierge was trash

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Im on the inverse side and loved Ange Vierge.

It's a nice anime, but YMMV. I personally rank it as the best anime I've seen this year currently for the story, yuri pairings and characterization.

Meanwhile, I still can't be bothered to continue Haifuri...

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 1:24AM

joined Oct 4, 2015

Haifuri starts nice and with rather strong subtext but the subtext never goes anywhere and ends up forgotten.

As for the show itself, it sort of falls into a monster of the week pitfall with roughly the same "girls are outmatched, captain comes up with unconventional nearly impossible plan that somehow works". The final episode was pretty much a letdown it suddenly turns the main threat completely unable to defend itself with a final cheap drama shot.

However, Haifuri has a nice mood and it's first few episodes are pretty good. So nothing stops you from getting a taste if anything.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Haifuri starts nice and with rather strong subtext but the subtext never goes anywhere and ends up forgotten.

Did... did we watch the same show? The subtext gets pretty strong towards the end with a blatant Shiro x Mike x Moka triangle. The final episode in particularly gets incredibly romantic

joined Feb 15, 2013

Well, I will check both out then. :)

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

just finished the last episode of kuro mukuro that show was really dope and worth the watch

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Surprisingly, no real subtext in Matoi (yet?). Also I don't think it's very good

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume looks promising, at least for the fun

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hibike Euphonium was good (and whoa it was 40 minutes, the first ep), and Kumiko and Reina aside, i liked the music, the setting, the characters. There's a nice, calming feeling when I watch it, I really enjoyed it.
Concerning Kumiko and Reina, it was very nice too :3
The teasing, smiling, hand holding, the way they speak so gently and sometimes playfully to each other
The fireworks festival ❤
The last minute/scene was especially magical. They discussed the ongoing plot and all, but there was also this instance of Kumiko sorta worrying about how ephemeral things are, how everything will become part of the past. She doesn't share this with Reina, but Reina could tell that something was on her mind. Kumiko doesn't answer when Reina asks about it, but Kumiko does react (she gasps a little) when in response to her silence, Reina tightens her grip on her hand. Kumiko still stays silent, but returns the gesture, and holds her hand back.

In terms of het, we have Reina blushing to her ears concerning Taki-sensei at one point. Concerning Kumiko and Shuichi, idk, I couldn't really tell. Shuichi obv likes her and all, but I can't tell how Kumiko reacts. I think Reina comes along and interrupts/reverse wingmans her tho?? (It gets Shuichi to leave) Lmao, she even comments on how she thinks "spineless guys aren't any good"

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 3:37PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

In terms of het, we have Reina blushing to her ears concerning Taki-sensei at one point. Concerning Kumiko and Shuichi, idk, I couldn't really tell. Shuichi obv likes her and all, but I can't tell how Kumiko reacts. I think Reina comes along and interrupts/reverse wingmans her tho?? (It gets Shuichi to leave) Lmao, she even comments on how she thinks "spineless guys aren't any good"

Maybe KyoAni will troll everyone and make Reina x Kimiko a canon with series ending massage being something like "self inserts won't impress the girl, so if you don't want your crush getting taken by other girl, do something about yourself". It would be hilarious.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Anyone here watched Yuri Kuma Arashi anime?

joined Mar 11, 2016

Between Hifuri and Ange Vierge I'd recommend Ange. Hifuri was disappointing for not capitalizing on its yuri potential. So not a keeper imo.

Hibiki's first episode was unexpectedly strong in its yuri. There is a very slim chance that kyoani will discard the original pairing and go full yuri with this project. I am starting to think so as well. It is too soon to confirm tho.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

The first episode of Keijo!!!!!! was amazing. I think I'm in love.

Sound! Euphonium 2 didn't impress me... until that fireworks scene! Damn you, KyoAni! Is this another attempt to bait us or is this the real deal?

And Teekyu was as awesome as ever. ;)

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 1:46PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Anime is saved

Again?

joined Mar 11, 2016

Just watched Flip Flappers's first episode and it was awesome. Regalia, ping pong, wixoss and now this; as I thought this season is going to be a fun yuri ride. ;)

Edit: here is a snapshot.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 3:06PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So I've finally found that anime that makes me really want to see more of it this season, Flip Flappers.

The chemistry between Papika and Cocona is adorable, I really love the over-the-top animation quality that complement the whimsical nature of the anime; and best of all, the first ep take place entirely on an ice-filled wonderland. There is without a doubt, this is definitely going to rank on my AoTY list later on, with the potential to out-perform both Ange Vierge and Regalia, the current contenders for crown spot.

That aside, when it comes to alternative history settings, Brave Witches is doing it so much more for me than Izetta, I mean, not to be hating on the setting of Izetta, but I think seeing that and then coming into Brave Witches gives me a much greater appreciation for it's setting because of how fun it is.

While it's unfortunate that the anime doesn't follow the adventures of the 501st Division anymore, I do believe that Brave Witches develop it's own group of endearing characters; already so far with this first ep, Hikari is shown to be a really likeable character and her interactions with her sister are adorable. Yuri-wise, I would ship them together for now until the anime truly establishes the pairings much like the original Strike Witches did.

On a side note, Stella no Mahou also looks to be really good, even though it's probably the only anime this season that I'll have to follow without subs unless some group decides to pick it up. Definitely something that I'll keep following though.

Overall round-up for Fall 2016 currently:

Izetta and Soushin Shoujo are verging on not continuing level, MahouKei is on considering, while Stella no Mahou, Brave Witches and Flip Flappers are definite keepers for me this season.

To reply you must either login or sign up.